[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
September 21. Never Forget.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: russianwhitehousehh.png (439 KB, 770x465) Image search: [Google]
russianwhitehousehh.png
439 KB, 770x465
Is the US army naturally coup proof because the army is so fucking large and complicated - or was it designed to be coup proof?

And by coup I mean the Army turns on Congress/President.
>>
>>29993476
The US is coup proof because its professional soldier class doesn't want to run a fucking country full of butthurt insurgents.
>>
US is coup proof because their military is run by castrated cucks

The consquence of such leadership is an incompetent military & losing every war
>>
>>29993476
I've heard something about the leaders of each MAJCOM not being allowed to all be in the same room at once as a coup preventative measure.

>>29994232
Ret. General Mattis overthrowing Obama and pledging a return to Constitutional law would probably have next to no insurgent resistance from the usual suspects.
>>
>>29995411
>would probably have next to no insurgent resistance from the usual suspects.

No surprises there -- the people are ONLY asking the POTUS to respect the Constitution, after all.
>>
>>29995427
Let him appoint his supreme court judge and then we can talk about respecting the constitution huh?
>>
>>29993476
the us is coup proof because no one fucking cares

i mean, why the fuck would you? everyone has better things to do

seriously, why? power? fuck off, get rich instead, who gives a shit

the only countries that have coups are ones that are civilly completely fucked and non functional and poor

despite what edgey neet /pol/tard faggotrons want to tell themselves, the us isn't there yet, not by a long fucking way

so who gives a shit. senior officers would rather retire and live comfortably and make money
>>
>>29995546

this
>>
>>29995508

Stalling an appointment doesn't defy the Constitution. The executive branch has flouted the Constitution, that's the difference.

Can't wait until Obummer is gone.
>>
>>29995546
Pretty much. The country isn't far enough in the shitter for a military coup to be viable.
>>
>>29995546
the army has already coup'd the government. you think the super soldier projects was to build nfl linebacker operators with eagle eyes? no, super soldiers are frail orphans from 3rd world countries turned sex slaves, through trauma based mind control, used to blackmail politicians into submission.
>>
US is coup proof since President Gay Urkel spent 8 years gutting top brass and replacing them with CIA.
>>
LAVs crashing the white house fence when?
>>
File: Capture.png (535 KB, 1255x659) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
535 KB, 1255x659
>>29995908
Kojima pls
>>
>>29995393
as opposed to russia who turns in a new direction every year and backstabs everyone every chance it gets while raking in money from their own people?

Russia has only won 2 wars in more than the last century. They even lost a war to estonia, who was fighting germany as well and then to finland. Pathetic.
>>
Did ancient Rome ever suffer from coups?
>>
>>29996599
>WHO IS JULIUS CAESAR
>>
>>29996599
Literally all the time.

The Praetorians themselves assassinated like 8 emperors.
>>
>>29996599
Is education really this much of a problem in the US of A? I mean like really now...
>>
>>29995508
You mean the stall tactic that is named after Joe Biden who originated it?
The Dems love playing games until the same tactics are used against them.
>>
If a military coup occurred and right wing policies were enacted, what the fuck are the faggot leftists supposed to do exactly?

Are the occupy faggots going to be throwing kombucha lattes at police? Are male feminists going to take potshots at military personnel with their organic produce? They dominate most media but are anti-gun, what the fuck are they going to do about it?
>>
>>29995508
Haha you're a cuck.
>>
>>29995607

>Obummer

I hate Trump, I hate Hillary, but if Trump wins you bet your ass I'm going to refer to him as "President Dumbass" and talk shit on him every single opportunity I can just to be a smug asshole and piss off everyone that unironically uses "Obummer" or "Obongo."

It's gonna be fucking great, I'm gonna talk so much shit for 4 years and be so goddamn smug about it. I'm gonna piss off so many uneducated fucks.

Goddamn I'm a smug asshole, and literally nothing you can do will stop me, the (you)s only make me grow more powerful.
>>
>>29995393

Alright, who are you, the asses we kicked or the asses we saved? Or are you the asses our CIA overthrew?
>>
>>29997166
>hahaha le leftists are all le nonviolence :^)

what about all those south american groups? russian commies? america's left being namby pamby shits isn't a leftist problem; it's an american problem
>>
>>29995546
it's hard to understand this when you're a sixteen year old shut-in whose only contact with the outside world is the political discussion section on a cantonese figure dancing discussion forum
>>
>>29996843
No. Its just that the dumbest people are the loudest in the US
>>
>>29997285
That's nice have fun with that anon
>>
>>29995411
In 2010 the US government failed to pay its overseas servicemen. We were reasonably upset. They became very nervous, very fast. They ordered us to "stop working", and commanders tried to spin it as a vacation. Not all commanders obeyed, there was butthurt for months afterwards. We eventually got paid, and life resumed as normal.

tl/dr: Please dont forget to feed those who wield your weapons.
>>
>>29997426

I was underway when that happened.

The Captain literally parked the boat and told everyone to fuck off and do whatever, because we're not being paid anyway.

It was funny and also mildly terrifying at the same time, luckily that meant I just got to blow a bunch of money I saved up and got an extended vacation.
>>
>>29997441
>The Captain literally parked the boat and told everyone to fuck off and do whatever, because we're not being paid anyway.
Literally why America will never win another war.
>>
>>29997461

>sailing around the Pacific like a silly asshole having sex with the locals is fighting a war

yeah okay dipshit.
>>
>>29997285
But he is a dumbass.

Still smarter than hillary.

Lets hope a little smater than obama.
>>
>>29997515

I'd argue that one of Obama's biggest issues is that he's highyl intelligent, and knows he is generally the smartest guy in the room. This leads to him being frustrated when people don't come to the same "obvious" conclusions as him and brush him off as irrelevant or impotent without so much as a second thought.

I would be a horrible president because I would spend most of my day publicly lambasting people who disagreed with me while simultaneously taking the hardest possible stance against countries I didn't like.
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 768x808) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 768x808
>>29997166
>all leftists are squeamish liberals
>there is no militant left

Ok, sweetie.
>>
>>29997542
Ultimately Obama's biggest failing was his waffling attempts to get both sides to work together even as the Right continues to edge towards being ever more extreme, rather than establishing a strong stance to fight from.
>>
>>29997601

I agree, it would've been more beneficial to his party, but I disagree it would've been more beneficial to the country.

Obama, and by extension Hillary, are Centrists at heart, and establishing strong support among the progressive left has always been difficult, he was always strongest with centrist independents, which is difficult to build a strong fighting position on, because 2 years later a portion of that base helped sweep his party out of congressional power.
>>
>>29997542
>Highly intelligent
Perhaps, but intelligence without introspection makes you... Obama.

"Why won't these people just do what I tell them" isn't how to get people to do what you want, which is why all those speeches about muhchillunZ and dindunuffin just galvanized people against him and his goals.

This is why Trump, the boisterous asshat who will lambast people (see: Lindsey Graham) will do well running the executive branch. The president doesn't write legislation, he facilitates legislation. Obama forgot that.
>>
>>29997627
There's actually a theory out there that Trump is just exploiting the extreme right to get Hillary elected. A decade ago Trumps politics were basically the DNC's, he regularly attends Clinton social functions, and his current platform is almost intentionally alienating to all but the hard right.
>>
>>29997673
>Implying
Trump being a centrist fiscal conservative with socially liberal leanings (normal people ones like "I don't give a shit what you stick your dick in or where you take a shit") is why he's winning.

Hilldog is going to go down hard. Dyed blue faggots just don't get that "not Hillary", "watch the world bern REEEEE", and MAGA has made Trump an inevitability.
>>
>>29997584

Unused belt and hydration carrier.

Are you even trying?
>>
>>29997657

>without introspection

This is accurate, and a reason why I believe he never truly clicked with the majority of the American populace.

I'm really not trying to sound like a self-aggrandizing cunt, but I had a similar problem for a large portion of my life. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't find commonalities with people I was around, I "thought on a higher level" and had difficulty even simply communicating with people in my age group. At first they assumed I was autistic, but after a year in aspie classes and several visits by experts they ruled that out, and tossed me into an (at the time) revolutionary new class called "gifted" where you take the smart kids and you make them friends and give them a creative outlet and a fuckton of counseling.

I learned how to essentially dumb myself down to interact with and thrive in normal environments because it was a sink or swim scenario, if I didn't I wouldn't be successful because, unlike Obama, I couldn't go to an elite hugbox of a university where people skills came second to being a smug douchebag.

Even now, most of my inner circle of friends are 10-30 years older than I am, and I find being in social situations around "normies" to be mentally exhausting and sometimes terrifying if I fuck up and reveal my power level.

My childhood really, really fucking sucked, and I wish I was a fucking dumbass.

Sorry for sharing.

But yeah, I think Obama has no introspection because he was never forced to learn how to deal with normal people on their level. He became an attorney and then senator, he has been basically paid to be a smug know-it-all asshole his entire life.
>>
>>29997739

Again, I know I sound like a fucking self-important prick. I'm really sorry.
>>
>>29997745
Welcome to 4chan. You're in similar company. Don't forget, you're here forever.
>>
>>29997745
I like way you dumbed it down for us.

Was your IQ ever tested? Or ever take a practice ASVAB for fun?

I ask because you sound eeriely like people I met in college who were convinced of their mental superiority, when in fact the only thing unusual about them was a lack of empathy.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 960x720
>>29997712
I'm replacing old/mismatched kit as time goes on.

Pic related.
>>
>>29997426
I was in Iraq for 3/4 of 2010 and don't remember this. Was it only a Navy thing?
>>
>>29995393
>implying Mattis and Petraeus are cucks.
>>
>>29997815
Just what I was thinking, sounds more like the guy who's always showing off tokens of how smart they are (SAT, IQ, Special classes) when really what they mean is socially incompetent because they actually aren't that clever.
>>
>>29995411
>Ret. General Mattis overthrowing Obama and pledging a return to Constitutional law would probably have next to no insurgent resistance from the usual suspects.
He couldn't just wait 6 more months? kek
>>
>>29997815
>>29997843

My IQ was at a 163 and when I took the ASVAB it was a 96, I can't remember the breakdowns, I was DQed for my sever anxiety issues though.

And no, it's not a lack of empathy, because I actually love people. I literally try to avoid talking to anyone about being smart and all that shit, I have extremely low self confidence probably stemming from being thrashed by my dad when I was younger and never really fitting into any set social groups.

I graduated valedictorian and was the captain of my quizbowl team in both high school and college, I have 2 state championships and was national runner up one year.

Please don't ask anymore questions, I'm having a slight panic attack.

All this being said, my actual passion in school was rugby, where something other than my intellect was considered, and the rugby club at the end of high school and in college was really the only group of people that viewed me as someone other than a walking encyclopedia.

I don't really care if you guys believe me or not about any of this, but you guys asked.

pls no bully.
>>
>>29997913
Well, I am sensing that you are a bit of a bitch.

Your IQ and ASVAB are weird. I sit at 126 and got a 98, but then the ASVAB had some sections that rely on knowledge, not reasoning.

Don't talk about loving people as if they are a different species than you. It is that kind of thing that makes me doubt your empathy. A small dose of humility and a lot of exposure to decent humans will sort you out. I suggest looking for both somewhere other than 4chan.

Stop blaming your childhood. You are a man, so man take some control. Everyone had a hard time in some part of family life, and feeling isolated in high school is a very common experience.

It is interesting that you were so taken with a very physical sport. I left a pro nerd job and enlisted. I chose to chase a 68w slot in a light infantry unit. I made it, and it was one of the best decisions of my life. I have challenges for the mental and physical parts of myself. Do you still pursue physical hobbies?
>>
>>29994232
There wasn't supposed to be a professional soldier class.
>>29995411
B-b-but muh President is an EXPERT on Constitutional law!!1
>>
>>29998014

>different species

I don't view people that way, I think it's generally the other way around. When people see the "real" me it kinda freaks them out.

When I say "I love people" I mean it in the way that I try to help people a lot. My degree is in International Relations with emphasis on Comparative International Governance, but I'm currently a paramedic and volunteer firefighter, I find these jobs to be much more rewarding than any import/export or consulting jobs. I'm thinking about becoming a police officer but I'm not sure.

>physical hobbies

Actually I still play rugby, I'm a starting lock with my local club. I'm 6'4" and about 240lbs.
>>
File: holyshit.jpg (21 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.jpg
21 KB, 340x340
>>29997350
>cantonese figure dancing discussion forum
>>
>>29995546
Sadly this guy's right.

The only thing that'll ever motivate any form of coup or uprising would be a complete nation wide lack of money on the same level as the crash that brought on the Great Depression, coupled with the crash of a large amount of infrastructure (say, five or six states completely lose power for a period of around eight months to a year, or water supplies become undrinkable because someone dumped chemicals into them)

And even then, something like that isn't likely to happen.
Nobody here ever thinks it's gotten to the point where violence will solve anything because it's what we're taught (and frankly, in this case, where a vote can almost do as much as an armed rebellion, I kinda agree)
Honestly though, do we really want to live in a warzone?

For all we joke about "ah man, I wanna go to Ukraine and make our /k/ountry", would we ever?
Would we even want to have to deal with eachother 24/7 in ways not always pertinent to weapons?

Sorry for the short rant, but honestly for those too lazy, I'll sum it up.

It'll never happen because no matter how much laws and beuracrats suck, people are content so long as there's food, water, and Internet (and this isn't really always a bad thing)
>>
File: 1429300528798.jpg (689 KB, 3500x2137) Image search: [Google]
1429300528798.jpg
689 KB, 3500x2137
>>29997739
>Mfw also gifted
>Mfw developed a Machiavellian mindset and can easily see the motivations of normies and direct them to my will
>Mfw using my power level to make people fuckoff via a wave of pure smug IRL bantz
>>
>>29998196
Oh, I'm sure people fuck right off when they see you.
>>
>>29998196

Yeah, you sound *just* like me, except if I was an actual aspie.
>>
File: 1367278022043.jpg (25 KB, 292x261) Image search: [Google]
1367278022043.jpg
25 KB, 292x261
>>29998270
You the asshurt average inteligencefag?
I'm no savant like the other guy, but that's why I'm personable with a normal social life but able to read people like a book.

>Bu... muh high asvab score
The asvab is at like a sophomore highschool maths/reading compression test difficulty level. If you graduated highschool you should get in the 90's with little effort.

>>29998281
You're the one who can't hold a conversation with the filthy normies and is having an anxiety attack from internet bantz m8

I guess you other giftedfags weren't socialized properly. Interpersonal communication isn't exactly hard. Neither is tailoring your conversation to the room. You can act smart without coming off as a cunt about it.
>>
>>29998350

His intelligence is actually quite a bit higher than average..

I can hold conversations, I actually integrate pretty well, I just hate doing it for extended periods of time, and I totally get the Machiavellian side of it, I find it easy to manipulate people, but I think it's wrong and feel extremely guilty when I do it. I was just giving you shit because it sounded really edgy, and being a ball of sentient anxiety actually doesn't prevent me from banter.

What generally happens is I do extremely well for a few hours, hit it off with several people, get a few drinks in me, maybe show off a couple party tricks, and then someone mentions something about history, politics, current events and I fucking sperg out everything I know about the topic and how ridiculously wrong they are. This makes me look like an asshole and I overcompensate by pretending to be a dipshit troglodyte for the remainder of the night.

When I was engaged I was a lot more confident and had a fairly large social circle that was pretty cool, but I got into a bad motorcycle wreck and couldn't walk or do pretty much anything for about 6 months. She was a really social person, she ended up fucking some other guy, and when I found out about it she got all whiny and cried and said sorry. In retaliation I kinda manipulated her best friend and later her sister into fucking me. After that it was a series of tit-for-tat bullshit I'm really not proud of.

I kinda became a recluse outside of work and rugby after that.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.