[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you fuckers build your own 1911s? >Looking for a quick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 98098962.jpg (45 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
98098962.jpg
45 KB, 720x540
Any of you fuckers build your own 1911s?

>Looking for a quick and skinny on how the fitting and such works.
>can I 9mm an 80% lower?
>can govt mags fit in commander
>who's kit buy for internals?
>how cheap is too cheap?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>29992459
Jesus are people really this anal about ammo?

I literally take noguns friends shooting like once and let them have like a box or two for free.

So that they don't get bogged down by trying to count dollars in their head. I want to encourage them to go shooting too, and I don't normally go that often, like maybe once a month to BLM land. So I make it more of an event.
>>
Always take ur revolver out if a nogun friend wants to shoot
>>
>>29992569
same here. But I live in california and feel like I'm doing gods work. Everyone gets one free day and if, I like you, maybe two. After that you can get your own damn guns. But I never make anyone buy ammo.
>>
>>29992459
Someone is getting heavily jewed on ammo. Should buy bulk not this one and two boxes bullshit.
>>
>>29992459

Isn't it past your bedtime, Nick?

Also, the game
>>
>>29992459
>how the fitting and such works
>govt mags fit in commander
>9mm an 80% lower

Building a 1911 from an 80% receiver is more difficult that an 80% AR-15 by several orders of magnitude, and nowhere near as forgiving. It requires a thorough understanding of 1911s as a whole, expensive specialized tools, and the skill of not fucking everything up. The fact that you're asking these questions means you seriously lack all three of these.
>>
>>29992803
>inb4 someone pretends to care
>>
>>29992459
The mags will FIT, but because the floor plate does not fit flush and prevent overinsertion, you will bend the feed lips, ruin the mag and potentially get it stuck inside the gun.
>>
>>29992569
I never ask people to pay for ammo. I just enjoy shooting and I enjoy watching other people have fun. My buddies who have lots of funs always bring their own anyways and we split ammo for noguns
>>
>>29992459
where on planet earth is .22 9 cents a shot and .308 $5? /shot?
>>
>>29993179
this if I take someone shooting I just make then buy lunch and then we're even
>>
>>29993503
>where is .22 9 cents
just about everywhere these days, you're in for a journey if you want to find any .22LR for much less than 10 cents/round
>>
File: IMAG0452.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0452.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>29992459
IDK, assembled I guess. 100$ PSA frame, 230$ parts kit and 20$ to stake the plunger tube.

I put this bitch up against my buddies Remington R1 and holy shit he won by a mile. It bites hard, has a shit barrel and I just disabled the grip safety

>would build again for tree fiddy/10
>>
>>29993514
I like this approach.

And when we go eat burritors or something, I start comparing ammo to food prices. That tends to get a good laugh and an example of how normal non try hards view firearms, just as another tool with a value like anything else.
>>
>>29993576

It's more around 7 cents per round
>>
>>29992569
Hell, I let complete strangers at the range fire a few rounds from my guns if they show interest.
>>
>>29993596
also if we rent a gun from the range we usually go to we split the cost it makes my noguns friends enjoy shooting more and not worry about spending money
>>
>>29993179
Fuck that. If I call you up and ask if you want to go to the pub, I don't expect you to buy all the drinks. If I call you up and ask you if you want to go grab a burger, I don't expect you to buy. If you call me and ask to go shooting, you bring your own ammo. You're lucky if I don't make you rent a gun if you don't have one.
>>
>>29992459

$9 for .50 BMG? Is it Raufoss?
>>
>>29993647
if you keep an eye out for deals

look around online, at least $.10 per round
>>
File: 45-70 BFR Magnum Research.jpg (2 MB, 3474x1546) Image search: [Google]
45-70 BFR Magnum Research.jpg
2 MB, 3474x1546
>>29993668

Same here. It feels good when people are impressed by my goodies.
>>
File: MWNF ammo.jpg (1 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
MWNF ammo.jpg
1 MB, 2576x1932
>>29992569
Probably depends on the people and the place. We've had people who brought over $5000 worth of Ammo to NuggetFest before, purely for others to enjoy for free.
>>
>>29993577
So what would you do different? I am looking at making it an EDC . The fitting isn't really a problem if I need to and know whats involved because I have access to a machine shop.

So... What do?
>>
>>29993756
Didn't said person with 5k ammo try to guilt trip you about not taking more of his money for a range for rich people.

Lel.
>>
>>29993811
It's a long story, but future actions don't negate past generosities. He and his wife and incredibly kind people. The world could use more of them, and less salty people like ourselves.
>>
>>29993798
I'd keep the frame and the slide. I lucked out on both of those. Both great. Honestly, for an EDC 45, I'd use my p220. I have a company 1911, a p227, a ppq 45 and have access to many other 45's through friends. The p220 does it the best IMHO.
>>
>>29992569
Yeah, I'm just happy to have someone to go shooting with. A few boxes is worth it.
>>
>>29992569
when I take noguns buddies out the first time is always free, if I take them out again and they're shooting my guns I'll ask for like 10 bucks to help out, even though they might shoot way more than that.

First time's always free
>>
>>29993756
I like how that number gets bigger every time its posted
>>
>>29994193

Same here. I've taken a number of my Californian friends shooting for their first time (not just first time with me, you understand). They've almost all thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
>>29995583
Just spent an hour with a friend debating guns, he was talking about how no one needs more than 20 rounds blah blah blah

this has happened before, I'll take him shooting next week, last time I took my super anti korean buddy and he went from Feinstein-lite to full tactical asian in like two months

If more people actually went out and shot a gun I think guns wouldn't be nearly as big a political issue as they are now
>>
>>29992569
If it's something like birdshot or AK food I'm not too picky about it unless they want to do mag dump after magdump. If it's something like my full size rifles, 7.5 Swiss and 30-06 I'll limit them to about two mags before I tell them I'll need a little bit of compensation. That said, I normally go with people who have their own guns and thus we're both pretty respectful about ammo usage since we know how much that shit costs.
>>
>>29993798
If you're set on making your won EDC in 9mm, why not get a spectre glock frame and build it as a 9mm?

www.polymer80.com/Polymer80-80-Pistol-Frame-V1-Black_p_1788.html

infinitely more forgiving than a 1911.
>>
>>29996078
I have heard nothing about the frame. Is it worth it?
>>
>>29993692
This is false
>>
>>29993702

>God's own hand cannon

Nice hardware friendo
>>
>>29992569
I just have them buy their own before they show up.
>>
If I invite, then all expenses paid. If it's requested, I usually just say "okay, but dinner is on you" & we go to one of the better chop houses (& yes, I'm qlso getting a lobster tail).
>>
>>29992569
Ammo's expensive, dawg. A good day at the range costs way more than a dinner out or some other shit I'd pick up casually. A box or two of plinking ammo isn't a big deal, but I don't call that a substantial session.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.