[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey there /k! I usually stay on /pol where I belong but today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: freedom.gif (721 KB, 370x271) Image search: [Google]
freedom.gif
721 KB, 370x271
Hey there /k!
I usually stay on /pol where I belong but today I am here to ask a Question.
There have been many break in's in my neighborhood recently and I need a cheap, sturdy, and reliable gun for home defense. I am no imbecile, as I know how to shoot and that maintenance is a must. There's just so many options, can you help?
>>
>>29991596
I'd recommend a maverick 88. Cheap, reliable and effective. Do your own research on the myriad of what shotgun loads can do and decide what's best for you
>>
>>29991655
Seconded
>>
>>29991596
Budget?
Skill level?
>>
well if you are an ultimate poorfag
hipoint makes some good stuff for under 300
but if you want something good and have money get H&K
>>
>>29991737
also remember if you do shoot someone cops like to hold on to guns for evidence
i have heard stories about people never seeing the gun they used again
>>
>>29991708
I've shot pistols and rifles
>>
>>29991786
>I've shot pistols and rifles
As in youve shot at the shooting range once or as in you are a tier 0 operator with over 300 confirmed kills?

Budget?
>>
>>29991737
I'm looking for something cheep, but something that LOOKS menacing I preferably want he warning shot to do the job, but nothing that's only for show
>>
>>29991819
I've been on range at least 15 times and hunting 4 times with my uncle
>>
>>29991827
A warning shit will land you in jail son. Either shoot to kill when you fear for your life or prepare for rape city
>>
>>29991819
$1,500 MAX
>>
>>29991853
shit
>>
>>29991853
Meant to say "shot" but I'll stick to what I said originally
>>
>>29991841
Get a mossberg 500 fixed stock with an 18.5" barrel. Load it with some milspec 00 buck (will be in a brown cardboard box)

That will put anything down easily without too much effort. Do not bother with a warning shot or non-lethal, if they are in there and not leaving your DA will be on your side.
>>29991859
The above setup shouldnt cost more than $500 out the store
>>
>>29991902
I want to stay in the rifle or pistol category but this is good enough, if I can't find a rifle that does the job this'll be it
>>
>>29991975
nvm this is good
>>
>>29991975
Anything you shoot someone with stands a chance of being locked in police evidence where it will get a case number scratched on it and rust.

You could buy a $1500 rifle and it could sit in limbo/be destroyed. Spend the other $1000 on a middle of the road AR15 for fun on weekends.
>>
>>29992014
dank man
>>
>>29991827
if you shoot someone and dont kill them they can sue you in most states
so yeah you need to kill them all edge aside
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.