[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wildlife authorities in Zimbabwe may kill up to 200 lions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
>Wildlife authorities in Zimbabwe may kill up to 200 lions due to a drop in the number of trophy hunters venturing to the country following Cecil the Lion's death last year.

>Walter Palmer, the American dentist who paid to kill the 13-year-old beast, was heavily condemned for his actions, which has driven trophy hunters - and their cash - away from the southern African state, claim conservationists.

kek
>>
>>29984890
Sauce?
>>
>>29984890
Sauce
>>
>you see Ned, we have to kill the animals, else they die
>quick Ned, thin out their numbers!
>THIN OUT THEIR NUMBERS
>>
>>29984916
>>29984918

http://www.worldanimalnews.com/content.php?content_ID=659
>>
>>29984890
well the lions still die, LimoLibs feel good, africa doesn't get to waste the white mans money.

I guess they got what they wanted?
>>
>>29984890
Facts and reality are not relevant, it's how I feel that matters
>>
Eat shit, lions
>>
Imagine if lions had human intelligence and worked for us.
>>
>>29984890

Just airlift them to the middle east
>>
>>29984890
Why not make them join the military instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)
>>
File: jihad trophy.jpg (50 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
jihad trophy.jpg
50 KB, 400x300
>>29985389
this
>>
>>29985396

They're already grown up though, you can't tame them, only release them on the enemy
>>
>>29985549
Still beats just killing them.
>>
Aren't there other parts of Africa that need lions? Why not relocate them?
>>
>>29985601
Which hunters will pay for that? The ones who can't hunt them?

Oh, or are you implying nonhunters are going to put actual effort and money into helping them?
>>
>>29984926
>RABBIT RABBIT 12 O' CLOCK!
>Oh my God! He is coming right for us!
>>
>>29984890
This is the direct result of gun control

motherfuckin lions everywhere

thank you liberal handicaps
>>
Realistically, the world has nothing to lose if lions die out. They're dangerous predators that eat people. We can do without them.
>>
>>29985701
The world has nothing to lose if humanity died out, not gonna start advocating that though
>>
>>29985707
the world has nothing to lose if all life in the world dies out.

soon
>>
>>29985701
Truth. There is literally no reason to keep a dying species alive other than our own selfishness.

>>29985707
The difference being humanity is not dying.

If intelectually superior aliens woldn't invade our world and dominate us with literally no chance of ever being independent, wouldn't advocate trying to keep humanity alive as their slaves for entertainment.

Just let those last humans live a happy live.
>>
>>29985757
> woldn't
would*
>>
>>29985757
Lions aren't just slaves for our entertainment?
People go hunt 'em, people hunt plenty of things
I mean, couldn't you say basically any animal is a slave for us?
Aren't pet dogs just slaves for our entertainment? What about Coyote, people like hunting them, are they slaves?
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>29985653

That's no ordinary rabbit.
>>
>>29985769
Dogs aren't slaves, they are indentured companions
>>
> True conservationists know that human hunters are not needed to cull or regulate the numbers of animals.

And yet they don't actually provide a solution...
>>
>>29985701
Im sure people said the same thing about wolves in yellowstone
>>
I don't understand.
Why are they killing the Lions?
>>
>>29985869
Some of the weaker/older alphas need to be culled to keep the pride healthy. This is offered at a premium price and allows the parks to operate. Libs literally do not understand this
>>
>>29985769
>Lions aren't just slaves for our entertainment?
They kinda are. I mean, they are not intelligent enough to understand it, we breed them for entertainment.

And now we might have to kill them because they breed to much. That's pretty fucked if you ask me.

>People go hunt 'em, people hunt plenty of things
Hunting lions is entertainment and nothing more. No one hunts them for food, it's all about trophies and adrenaline rush.

>I mean, couldn't you say basically any animal is a slave for us?
In a way, yes. But that's not exactly my point.

My point is that lions are dying out for a reason. There is just no place for thrm in nature anymore. We refuse to let them go because of our selfish desire to keep them for entertainment, and later kill them because there is too many. That's fucked. Just let them die out happily.

>Aren't pet dogs just slaves for our entertainment?
Kinda, but that's another matter actually. I don't like the idea of breeding pets. There is so much homeless pets and instead of taking care of those we make more of them. Also fucked.

>What about Coyote, people like hunting them, are they slaves?
They are detrimental pests. Entirely different.
>>
>>29985707
I have a lot to lose If I die.

I think Anon meant "world" as "humanity". Because frankly, the "world" doesn't give a sinlge fuck about anything. It's just all space dust anyway.
>>
>>29985909
>My point is that lions are dying out for a reason. There is just no place for thrm in nature anymore. We refuse to let them go because of our selfish desire to keep them for entertainment, and later kill them because there is too many. That's fucked. Just let them die out happily.

You're thinking of Pandas. Lions, Tigers, and every other endangered predator species are all certainly trying to fucking exist.
>>
>>29985757
The issue here is that lions are dying as a species only because we're hunting them. It's not like they're Pandas or something. If we didn't shoot them in mass they'd be just fine.

African conservationists are shooting them because they're not dying on these preserves and are eating everything else. Most of the species they are over-eating are only fucked because Chinese people pay niggers to shoot them so they can eat various body parts in a misguided effort to cure cancer or "grow a bigger penis in just 3 weeks!"

Once again the problem is not the animals ability to survive it's that they aren't bulletproof and there's a lot more rich Chinese men than them.
>>
>>29985985
>You're thinking of Pandas
Yeah it applies to them more.
>>
And now if you asked any of the losers who wrote the lion's name on his house they probably wouldn't remember. Protestfags are the worst they exist to form gay little mobs and later they won't remember or care because the meme has passed but the country is stuck in this quantum state where they have overpopulation and can't fix it. They've probably been doing this for a century but thanks to pseudo internet activism they're fucked for a long time.
>>
>>29986054
Not really, the problem is they will go off the reserves if they don't have food there and they will kill local livestock

When that happens farmers search out all lionjs in the area and kill them indiscriminately

Also if the hunters aren't going there then there is a lot less money to pay rangers to protect the animals from poachers, this means poaching will be rampant and the wildlife sanctuaries will be depleted
>>
>>29984890
hunting has done more for conservation than any conservationist has ever done.

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/lion-murderer-walt-palmer-has-done-more-for-conservatio-1720901473

I know its gizmodo but wes siler is a gun nut who writes for them on the outdoors and gun material.
>>
>>29986062
You are beyond stupid
>>
>>29984890
Can you eat lions? What's the point of killing lions
>>
>>29985701
>What are ecosystems
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>29986152
>Can you eat lions?
Yes
>>
>>29986152
What's the point of letting them live?
>>
File: Just kill me.jpg (232 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
Just kill me.jpg
232 KB, 1200x799
>>29985404
Deerhunter pose, god i am so jelly
>>
>>29985776
Ok tim
>>
>>29986152

Now there is an over population, labeled the 'cecil effect'.

The problem is compounded because instead of having trophy hunters paying big bucks to go hunt them, and thus funding further conservation, the parks have to thin the packs themselves, incurring the cost to do so on top of lost revenue that had went into breeding the fuckers.
>>
>>29986129
What the fuck is even your point?

Are you implying that it doesn't apply to pandas?
>>
>>29985701
I hate ecofreaks, but god damn are folks this stupid about ecosystems?
>>
File: 1463023130359.jpg (35 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1463023130359.jpg
35 KB, 320x320
>zimbabwe getting further fucked, realizing they are absolutely dependent on the labors of da ebil whitey
like pottery, it rhymes
>>
>>29985985

Pandas are predators?
>>
>>29986439
they are bears.

just really, really stupid bears.
>>
>>29986459
They're raccoons. Really big, white raccoons.
>>
>>29986201
He's checking the bore, retard.
>>
>>29986477
Is a fox a dog?
>>
>>29986488
It is literally the closest thing to a dog that is technically not a dog. It's like .380 to 9mm.
>>
>>29985701
So tell me, just what the fuck is going to keep the numbers of the lion's various prey species in check?
>>
>>29986691
yearly drought.
hyenas
African dogs
crocodiles
cheetahs
>>
File: 1456865600723.gif (955 KB, 245x145) Image search: [Google]
1456865600723.gif
955 KB, 245x145
>>29985776

I just shot diet coke from every hole God drilled into my head.

Good show, sir.
>>
>>29986691
Me
>>
>>29986541
It's actually more related to felinids.
>>
File: Predator-Reboot-Shane-Black.jpg (42 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Predator-Reboot-Shane-Black.jpg
42 KB, 620x320
>>29985769
personally I hope earth soon does become a hunting ground safari for aliens, as like in The Predator.

damn that would spice up living for many people.

The thrill of being the hunter

The adrenaline of being the hunted.
>>
>>29985074
Welcome to the democratic party.
>>
>>29985717
Nuclear holocaust when?
>>
File: soon.jpg (16 KB, 236x275) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
16 KB, 236x275
>>29986909
>>
>>29985074
>>29986889
Yes, because the Right is so much better in that regard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBDbGyv6SIQ
>>
>>29985757
>implying the joos aren't Ayy lmaos
>>
>>29985902
> implying Cecil was this kind of lion
>>
>>29987781
13 is pretty old for a lion.
>>
>>29985985
the environment has changed and they cannot/are not adapting to it.
>but dats cuz of man!
and?

at the end of the day the environment is still changed and they cannot successfully live in it without significant human intervention. We can either cull them to stabilize the population, or let them breach carrying capacity and suffer a massive dieoff and potential regional extinction.
>>
>>29985707
You won't advocate it, but I do.
>>
>>29986201

>Not shotgunning your weapon before looking down the bore
>>
IM GONNA SHOOT THE LION AND THEN I'LL BE THE LEADER OF THE PRIDE
WHAT COULD GO WRONGA
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.