[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here with small hands like their P226? I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1452220186818.jpg (90 KB, 525x381) Image search: [Google]
1452220186818.jpg
90 KB, 525x381
Does anyone here with small hands like their P226? I feel like I can't get my finger in the right spot on the DA pull and throw shots off. Do the E2 grips help that much?
>>
how small are your fucking hands? i needed aftermarket grips just to make it large enough to handle
>>
Are e2 grips just made for baby handed manlets? I thought they were popular just cause they look cool
>>
>>29980628
they basically made them since they knew people with small hands always strayed from buying sigs
>>
>>29980412
The E2 grips help, as does the short reach trigger, but both have their drawbacks. The E2 grip can make the gun hard to detail strip (it's not that bad, but people who don't know what they're doing struggle with removing it), and, since it has the texture of sandpaper, can make the gun harder to conceal-carry. The short reach trigger reduces the trigger reach (though not by as much as the E2 grip does), but tends to poke into your finger along the bottom of it while shooting, so some people really hate it.

Another option worth considering is an older, West German trigger with serrations along its face. These are standard size, but the serrations can help keep shorter fingers from slipping as you move through the pull. Don't pay too much for one, though. Go to a Sig forum and post a WTB ad. A lot of owners of W. German Sigs tend to swap them out for the smooth face triggers for some reason, so people will probably sell you one for $25, even though they go for like $60 each on ebay.

You could also just only buy Sigs with SAO firing systems, since the pre-cocked hammer will bring the trigger farther back in the trigger guard.

I'd hate to say it, though, but if you have short fingers, Sigs just might not be the best guns for you. Consider the fact that you may have to simply move to another manufacturer to find a gun that fits your hands better. HK P30's tend to have a more medium trigger reach. Very few Sig P-series have anything but a long DA trigger reach, with the original West German P225 being the only one I know of with a relatively medium DA trigger reach.

>>29980591
>>29980628
Jesus. Will you insecure children just fuck off? People are trying to talk about guns here.
>>
File: 1447145651856.jpg (45 KB, 736x500) Image search: [Google]
1447145651856.jpg
45 KB, 736x500
>>29980711
I do have a west german p226 that came like this but I used the regular polymer ones since I had to replace the trigger spring.
>Sigs just might not be the best guns for you.

I really like sigs but I think you're right. I don't want to sell my p226 so instead, I'm just trying to make it work for me.
>>
>>29980745
At least you probably didn't pay too much for your West German P226 and can recoup probably all of what you paid for it. Imagine me, wanting to like a full size HK USP that I'd bought new and trying to convince myself that I just needed to practice with the trigger more, finally forcing myself to the realization that the damn thing was just too big for my hands. I took a $250 hit on that one when I went to sell it because USPs don't retain their value for fuck all.
>>
Two words: Short trigger
>>
>>29980794
Yeah, I practice with my sig a lot but I only recently started to notice how big it was in my hand since I bought a second handgun that actually fit my hands perfectly so it put into perspective.

I'm pretty concious on how much money I'm spending on my German P226 but the other day I bought a rail adapter for a light. Are USP's the same size as a doublestack Sig? I've been thinking of getting a USP45 one day.
>>
>>29980828
>Are USP's the same size as a doublestack Sig? I've been thinking of getting a USP45 one day.
The trigger reach is very long. I'd say as long as, or even a little longer than a Sig. That's why I own a USP Compact. The trigger reach is just short enough on that one to be perfect for me (don't know why they shortened it for the compact model, just glad that they did).
>>
I have smaller than average hands for a male and I can handle the p226 just fine, in fact I'm planning on buying one soon.

Nothing felt to out of reach, even the trigger.

The da pull wasn't hard for me to master.

I'm left handed and I really enjoy decocking with my left finger. I feel like I'm in some kraut space flick and I'm an agent going on some insane operator missions

Either way to get back on point I have small hands and shoot the p226 just fine. All everything is just practice
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
This thread again.... Here's my sigs with E2 grips and I have small hands , they help a lot with both trigger pulls. And they both have short reach triggers
>>
>>29980828
Maybe the USP45 is longer than the sig, but my USP9 is much easier to handle than a sig P226. The grip size and trigger reach on my USP feels like a slightly smaller glock 19.
>>
>>29980711
Maybe a p229 would better suit his hands?
>>
>>29981899
What a totally useless post made by an idiot.
>>
>>29983932
Trigger reach is the same between the two.
>>
>>29980412
As other anons have said, E2 grip is the only option grip wise. I have tried the thinner than normal hogue grips and even with that plus the short trigger I still had issues.

I gave up on my 226 after getting annoyed with not naturally being able to grip it "properly" when attending classes. I ended up switching to a 1911 with slightly thinner grips, short trigger, and flat msh. I ended up carrying that until feb this year when I switched to the ruger american.

Reason for that particular gun is the small grip size was more comfortable than anything else ive tried.

Ive tried vp9, ppq, and the 320. The vp9 had an uncomfortable grip, the ppq was too thick, and it was impossible to find a small grip 320 or a kit during that time period.

My work issues glock 17 and 19, which do not fit my hands comfortably. I have tried a gen 2 though and that did feel the most comfortable, but those are expensive nowadays. Luckily ive hit the necessary amount of time in job where I can pick what I carry as long as the proper paperwork is in. I got away with the 1911 because it never got taken off the list. And surprisingly the 226 was taken off the list about a year ago. But rumor is that they couldnt afford the maintnance fees to keep them as issued guns. I believe all we have left in our armory minus the glocks, are something like 10x 1911s (for those with retarded hands like mine), a box of m&ps, and a bunch of pristine 1917s our armory has kept for retirement purposes.

Sidenote, we just got some new colt 901s we are replacing our sr25s with and they are fantastic. They are lighter and softer shooting. Our long distance shooters have been getting better performance out of them than the sr25. And our higher ups like the conversion capability since it will eliminate the clutter of 556 lowers they have to keep on inventory for decades. We have lowers from the 80s they cant get rid of because it costs too much to destroy and replace select fire lowers.
>>
>>29980412
Why use DA mode?
If you have a round in the chamber just pull back the hammer as you draw and shoot in SA mode.
SRT kit makes a huge difference in your SA trigger reset position
>>
>>29983902
Akimbo 226s. What a supreme gentleman
>>
File: 2016-01-26 09.05.57 1_resized.jpg (956 KB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-26 09.05.57 1_resized.jpg
956 KB, 2656x1494
>>29980412
I'm thinking about replacing my Legion grips with E2 grips.

Convince me not to do it.
>>
>>29980794
Thingsthatneverhappened.jpeg
>>
>>29983902
>gee bill
>>
>>29987811
Yes, that really happened. USPs lose a lot of value as soon as they stop being new. Nobody wants to pay $800 for one that's like new when they can get guns a few years older than yours for like $550.
>>
>>29988114
I wish I could find a USP around here for $550.
>>
>>29988127
I sold mine for $650 because it was a 9mm and they command slightly higher prices, but that's pretty much the going price around where I live. I even watched the guy I sold it to try to re-sell it for more than he bought it from me for (he thought he was getting a great deal) and the ad has just sat and sat for months.
>>
>>29986333
>Why use DA mode?

fuck off
>>
>>29986402
they won't fit with the diff beaver tail?
>>
>>29988114
>Nobody wants to pay $800 for one
well, most gun shops around here, if the have a used USP, they usually want $700+
>>
File: 1454760021866.png (794 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
1454760021866.png
794 KB, 640x516
>>29986402
put the legion grips on a mk25 if you have one for maximum butthurt
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.