[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are budget AR15s worth it /k/? Or will I be getting something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: main.jpg (127 KB, 825x730) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
127 KB, 825x730
Are budget AR15s worth it /k/?

Or will I be getting something that will have shit quality?

I'm thinking of getting either the Ruger AR556 or the SW MP15 Sport II.

>inb4 build one

Can't because I'm not in the USA.
>>
>>29977366

Love my M&P 15
>>
>>29977366
i built my own but from what ive heard, either of those work just fine. i guess it depends on what youre using it for and how much you want an AR
>>
>>29977366
>Can't because I'm not in the USA.

If not in Burgerland, then where?
>>
>>29977409
Switzerland.

I could also get a complete lower and upper from Spikes Tactical for the same price as the MP15, but I have no idea if that brand is good.
>>
>>29977366
Ive got an M&P sport II, its bretty gud
>>
Just avoid piston AR's

There is no reason to get one over the standard stoner gas system. The AR556 isnt piston like their SR556 so you should be good to go.

>Inb4 piston fanboys
>>
>>29977423
Can't build because I'm not in the USA and getting parts to build one would require me to spend a shit ton of money on imports and shit.
>>
>>29977423
Thank you typical person that posts that in EVERY AR15 thread ever made ever!
>>
>>29977414
I'd go for the AR556, for no particular reason. Maybe just to make Bill Ruger mad.
>>
>>29977366
They're good rifles, you won't find anything wrong with either S&W or Ruger's offerings. People that advise against them simply do so for cost. Change the handguard and the stock if you like, I can't imagine those could cost you anything, and are simple modifications.

I'd say Ruger over S&W cause it's more American, but not sure if that matters to the Swiss.
>>
I have an M&P15 Sport. Awesome little gun, though I kinda dislike the lack of a dust cover, but it's not that big a deal.
>>
>>29977366
Just build your own faggot
>>
File: IMAG0292.jpg (361 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0292.jpg
361 KB, 1024x579
I love my M&P sport II. Apparently they added the dust cover and the forward assist in the II model.

Can easily make tight groups standing at 75 yards using the iron sights, and i'm NOT a great rifleman by any stretch of the imagination.

It's a really fun, really easy to shoot weapon. I'm just gonna leave it stock, no optics or tacticool stuff.
>>
>>29977414
Spikes is legit
>>
>>29977414
Spikes is pretty good. Definately better than ruger or a s&w
>>
>>29977414
where and for how much, my fellow mountain jew? I've been looking to get into the AR market for a while now.
>>
>>29977366
>I'm thinking of getting either the Ruger AR556 or the SW MP15 Sport II.
I'd get the Ruger. The fact that the barrel isn't chrome lined is the only semi-legitimate con I've ever heard about them, and it's not like it really matters all that much...
>>
File: 1443996695047.jpg (193 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
1443996695047.jpg
193 KB, 560x375
no melonite or chrome lined barrels on them

the older MP15T has a melonited barrel but it's got a carbine length gas system instead of mid
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.