[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most meme-tier service branch and why is it the Coast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 780x728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 780x728
What is the most meme-tier service branch and why is it the Coast Guard?
>>
Weird way to spell Marines
>>
>>29975746
Because they think they're a branch but aren't even DOD.

>>29975752
OP didn't say most trolled branch on /k/.
>>
>>29975746
what is with the CG being called a "branch" nowadays?
why is it on lists and shit?
they aren't even DOD and they're just water national guard.
>>
I suppose if by meme you mean actually do things and not waste money
>>
>>29975792
Busting drug smugglers...

Thanks for making my drugs more expensive turd.
>>
>>29975792
what do they do, exactly?
tow yachts, search for drugs and give people jerry cans, right?
and sometimes SAR.
>>
>>29975792
>not waste money
They can't waste money, that's why. They don't have budget power since they aren't their own branch anymore, so DHS has them by the balls when it comes to money. Most of their shit is breaking even or underfunded and anything that isn't high profile like port security or SAR gets little to no attention.
>>
>>29975746
They're law enforcement, not military.
>>
>>29975786
They are a uniformed service. ( so are the NOAA officers and the Public Health Service.)

My coastie brother has killed more people then i have in the navy.
>>
>>29977099

Your Coastie brother is almost certainly lying.
>>
>>meme
You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>29975746
>Actually defends American borders and interests
>Aids and assists people lost or stranded at sea
>Engages in search and rescue missions
>Enforces environmental protection laws
>Boards, searches and arrests criminals or drug/human traffickers

Eight years stationed mostly in Miami with the CG and all I did was stop drug smugglers, fuck tons of brown girls and have the best time of my life, I went to my own home almost every night, lived stress free and got to fondle some sweet fucking guns while pointing them at wetbacks.

I also got to see Alaska, it was fucking great, I highly recommend anyone with a brain join, you get the GI bill like every other "branch" but with far less of the bullshit.
>>
>>29977099
>My coastie brother has killed more people then i have in the navy.

Was it an accident?
>>
>>29977609
>>29977133

they were boarding a small boat on an interdiction and guy reached for a gun.

Brother shot him with shotgun.

It messed up my brother, pretty bad. ( he went in to save lives not kill people)
>>
>>29979665
Similar situation.

Wild fires burned down houses in California so our base provided shelter to civilians much like the National Guard would. Shelter, food. Some guys in my Infantry unit were tasked with assisting the ordeal (Camp Pendleton).

I was among them. It messed me up pretty bad. (I joined Marine Infantry to kill people, not save lives).

~joke but true story.
>>
>>29975831
>tow yachts
As a yacht owner, the Coast Guard doesn't try to save your boat. Their only priority is getting people out alive. You have to pay a different service (like Vessel Assist) to save your boat.
>>
>>29975746
Coast Guard has the best motto at least
>>
>>29975746
but it isn't tho
>>
>>29975746
>YFW you realize the Coast Guard is the best not-branch because they get to fight motherfucking pirates
>>
>>29979906
i assume vessel assist is like AAA for boats?
also this instantly came to mind when you said you were a yacht owner.
https://youtu.be/CGHwGGC0pJk?t=939
if the link doesn't work, skip to 15:35
>>
I am reminded of a story about a family sailing from cali to Sydney.

Kit got sick, and boat got fucked by a storm/rouge wave.

After loosing radios and nav, father hit EPIRB.

He said it was the most amazing thing, ( and the most american pride moment ever in his life) when within a few hours a c130 flew over head, droped a rhib, a supply dump and 2 medics into the ocean.

And within 48 hours a navy ship was along side.
>>
>>29975752

Weird way to spell Airborne!
>>
Coast Guard is probably the best branch to join if you are looking for a job and some quality of life.

Small bases let you blend in with the local population and don't create arm pit cities at the outside of the gates

Small unit sizes get along better

Less likely to attract mentally damaged potential mass shooters into the fold
>>
>>29980357
my buddy joined the CG after high school. fucking loves that shit. he spent alot of his earlier days chipping paint, eventually became a point man on a boarding team. shit's pretty neat. He's on some cutter, not sure where. haven't kept up with him. he's actually the guy that really got me into non-fudd guns. I should give him a call.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.