[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EOD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: fp_hero.jpg (57 KB, 710x340) Image search: [Google]
fp_hero.jpg
57 KB, 710x340
Somebody told me that EOD is nothing like in Hurt Locker anymore nowadays, and the heavy EOD suits are basically not in use anymore in the field.
Instead they would carry fairly light equipment, a mine detector and some defusal equipment.

Is he just making things up or is he right? What do EODs use today?
>>
He's talking fucking shit.
>>
>>29974449
> What do EODs use today?
Manipulators on MRAPs and UGVs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2YBrrPZUI8
>>
>>29974502
>those Afghans just casually ripping off the battery and carrying away the bomb
They're really as retarded as they say.
>>
>>29974449
Nothing was EVER like Hurt Locker. There are so many incorrect things in that movie that it is ridiculous; everything down to the uniforms were fucked up.
>>
File: rendered 2.jpg (22 KB, 204x315) Image search: [Google]
rendered 2.jpg
22 KB, 204x315
>>29974449
EOD.
Pretty much.
ShitLocker was always shit. Halfassed embed heard a few stories of EOD and put together a bullshit fantasy.
Closest 'documentary' is English comedy "Bluestone42" still semishit but closer to real. Except for hot blonde Padres.
>>
>>29974769
Finally. I never served but I hate that piece of shit movie 5 min in. It's absolutely ridiculously stupid
>>
>>29974449
Things were never like that movie. Suits rarely get used. If you are running from a Truck that carries a suit, you have many other options before using the suit. If you are running dismounted, you don't have the suit with you. So, the suit is used on the rare occasions where you have lots of resources and somehow the other ones can't be used.

That isn't really scratching into the retardation specifically of that movie, which is deep. That movie was fucking dumb.
>>
>>29974449
All the stories I've heard from dude's if it was discovered to be on the way along an empty strech of road, they would just back up and force the explosion, occasionally shooting at it
>>
File: tripwire.jpg (476 KB, 1163x1566) Image search: [Google]
tripwire.jpg
476 KB, 1163x1566
I was told that the suits are only useful if you care about having an open casket vs a closed casket funeral
>>
>>29975208
That's also completely wrong.
>>
File: 1459798117859.jpg (238 KB, 1300x1028) Image search: [Google]
1459798117859.jpg
238 KB, 1300x1028
>>
>>29974751
Fearless
>>
>>29975883
It's easy to be fearless when your greatest dream is getting blown up and meeting your shitty god.
>>
>>29975728
The fuck is going on with that baby
>>
>>29975818
That's pretty fucking hardcore. Like I'd call that edgy if it was staged.
>>
>>29975946
zombie baby
>>
>>29975946
i think even the dumbest person here (You) could figure-out that those are examples of ths kind of shit that the rag heads hide IEDs in or under or near.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.