[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /k/ approve of World of Warships?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: who needs torpedoes.png (3 MB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
who needs torpedoes.png
3 MB, 1919x1080
Does /k/ approve of World of Warships?
>>
Does it actually matter?
what is important is if the game is fun to play, the people who fuss over the smallest details even when it's not a simulator will always find shit to complain about so who cares
>>
>>29972650
I was an Alpha tester and I loved it. Then they added the US Battleships and I dont know why I couldnt get into it. I think it was because I couldnt play the US BBs like the Jap BBs
>>
>>29972650
>>29974248
Also the "Poi" shit was fucking cancer
>>
>>29974260
To hell with the shipfuckers. They're almost as bad of a cancer as ponyfuckers.

>>29972650
I like it. Currently working through Pensacola and Mutsuki mostly, and surprised at how much I like the Pensacola despite its terrible reputation.
>>
>>29974267
>The Pensacola is bad now
;_;7

Is the Olympia still fucking GOAT or what?
>>
>>29974272
I never like it that much, but I prefer speed to armor.
>>
>>29972650
Was alpha and beta got to teir X in one tree and V-VIII on all others

After the wipe I still am low teir and got distracted by New shiny games.

Current Crack is the Dreadnought Beta(was in alpha the last 4 weekends.
>>
>>29972650
that's a stupid question, keep this shit to /v/
obviously some people on /k/ are going to like a fun game
>>
>>29974260
Funnily enough i've never seen a Kancolle reference being mentioned in my time playing.
>>
>>29972650
I played a couple months after release, haven't played since because the playbase in PVP were cancerous as fuck and aim assist hacks were highly prevalent, not to mention it started to feel like WoT again with the high tier progression coming to a halt behind a high XP paywall.
>>
>>29975548
>aim assist hacks
The fuck is the point of playing if you're just going to cheat?
>>
>>29975548
Git Gud I dont have a aim assist and I nail the first shot on everything thats not a DD 80% of the time.
>>
>>29974573
He probably asked it here cuz /v/ would call him a disgusting casual and to fuck off.
>>
>>29972650
shit's fucking fun.
i need to play it again, haven't in forever. I wish there was a horn.
>>
I hit the tier 7 xp "paywall" playing US carriers.

Quit for a few months after that. Now I just play a game or two a month though I expect that will change if they introduce the British fleet
>>
>>29976068
Nah expect a full Russian tree complete with made-up battleships and carriers and at least one Brazilian line before they even think about touching the Brits.
>>
>>29972650
I like it.

As someone who played WoT competitively it's fun but what's really odd is that you can tell when playing that it's done by a different team that gives a fuck, but it's still overseen by Wargaming and that really hampers things, especially balance.

Everyone bitches about carriers, but they're actually pretty easy to fix - a CV's torp bombers shouldn't do anywhere close to the kind of damage that a DDs torps do and the arming range should be longer. There's also serious design issues with the entire USSR line as well as how 75% of the USN cruiser line after the NO is nothing but citadel.
>>
>>29975548
Aim assists are actually pretty rare. For one, an aimbot based on, say, counterstrike, would be completely useless due to the lead you need to put on each shot. Most players learn to keep maneuvering as much as possible so no aimbot in the world can give you accurate shooting in that game.

So it's easier just to get gud and learn to lead targets.
>>
>>29976478
Form experience, torp bombers do something like 1/2 to 1/4 the damage of a ship torp. I've seen DDs take bomber torps and live, they're really that weak.
>>
I wanted and tried to like it, but in the end I despised it. It looks nice for a wargaming.net game, but that's it. I played the duration of closed beta, left disgusted when open beta hit. BBs getting easier and easier to play while destroyers got fucked up the ass by people who couldn't dodge a torpedo fired 10 minutes ago. CV usefulness was decided entirely by matchmaking and not personal skill, because if a US CV even 1 on the enemy team had the vaguest idea how to CV, your IJN CV was a 25k ton paper weight. Fuck Wargaming.net.
>>
>>29976786
There's a difference between 'living' and living with less than 10% of your HP, which is what happens to DDs.

The issue is that you can dodge DD torps easily with a spotter up ahead of you or even your handy spotting plane or fighter. Plus once they're spotted, they're spotted until they hit something or die.

Torps dropped from a torp plane are right on top of people and no amount of maneuvering is going to stop it unless you're a DD. It's why I quit playing carriers, they're just no fun as anyone you want destroyed simply has no chance.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.