[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQ ygRVvEmM So /k/ bren or spandau?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: spanbrendau.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
spanbrendau.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQygRVvEmM

So /k/ bren or spandau?
>>
>>29952614
>comparing a light machine gun to a GPMG
This will go well.
>>
>open link
>using the ancient 'spandau' colloquialism
>noguns-retard-with-too-many-opinions guy
>close link
>this >>29952651

Even as a Brit I won't watch that sperglord.
>>
These guns aren't even comparable. The MG34/MG42 was and still is the king of WW2 machine guns.
>>
TLDR version
>Everyone who likes the "Spandau" is just a muh German engineering meme parrot
>This is bad even though I'm an angloboo referencing exclusively British perspective accounts
>MG42s are inaccurate and can't hit guys at 80yds
>German troops never fired their rifles and used the MG42 exclusively unless they were shooting to protect it
U fckn w0t m8?
>My opinions are right because the British won and advanced always (kek)
>>
>>29952651

This
>>
>>29953041
>>using the ancient 'spandau' colloquialism
where does the spandau name come from, is it like calling a vacuum cleaner a hoover?
>>
>>29953668
Spandau is a section of Berlin; there was an arsenal there for many years.

Funny thing, I've never heard anyone refer to the Mg.42 as a "Spandau", but I've frequently heard it in reference to the Mg.08.
>>
>>29952614
>the bren is still being made today
>the mg34 isn't

isn't the MG3 still in use today?
>>
>>29953719
Different gun. MG42 would be the predecessor to the MG3.
>>
Clickbait video desu
>>
>>29953938
You have seen through my elaborate ruse!
Nah, just wanted to see some /k/ommandos roast the poor limey.
>>
>>29952614
no question mg42. they dont use the bren anymore. they still fucking use the mg3
>>
>>29952614
>Not everyone copied the spandau!
>What is the m60

>They are still making brens in India
>They are still making MG3s in pakistan, germany, turkey, etc
>>
>>29953793
They're literally the same except for the chambering...
>>
never heard an mg34 or 42 referred to as a spandau. Either way he was being a total fucking autist by, for whatever reason, assuming/pretending/believing they are the same gun. That video triggered me to the point I almost commented
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.