[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone want a 20% off promo code for CrimsonTrace? I put a Green
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 10141_01_lg.jpg (83 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
10141_01_lg.jpg
83 KB, 600x600
Anyone want a 20% off promo code for CrimsonTrace? I put a Green LaserGuard on my S&W M&P Shield 9, and they sent me a promo code for registering. It expires June 1st, and I can't see myself being able to use it before it expires. So if there is any fellow patron of /k/ who is interested, let me know.

Anyway, what is /k/'s opinion of lasers of carry guns?
>>
File: img20150913_162050.jpg (1 MB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
img20150913_162050.jpg
1 MB, 1494x2656
>>29952009
Best attachment for a CC gun if you seriously carry it everyday.
>>
>>29952053
goddamn
try cleaning up every now and then you fucking pig

Also, no thanks on the laser
>>
>>29952053
I bought a Crossbreed MiniTuck for it. it is comfortable enough that i only take it off while sleeping or showering... so, yeah...
>>
>>29952009
nothing says "easily track me back to my position or cover" quite like a laser
>>
>>29952482
>concealed carry pistol
>sniping
>>
>>29952482
So in your opinion detriments outweigh the benefits? My reasoning for a laser, on this weapon at least, is that its got a capacity of 9+1 (I bought MagGuts spring kits for both magazines) and I feel as though being able to stay on target in less than optimal circumstances was more important than my position being compromised. I don't plan on getting into any raging gun battles, and if i did i would carry a duty weapon or a rifle of some make... or just not go outside if its that dangerous...
>>
>>29952534
I would far rather have a good set of night sights over the cat toy. I used to use a laser but found that muscle memory generally places my shots on target without it. That's why most of the police and military and more "elitist" motherfuckers I know generally think of a laser as a tool for amateurs.
>>
>>29952580
But I am an amateur. Will never be anything but an amateur by definition.

>generally places my shots on target
I'll take a laser to increase my chances of a hit under some circumstances over your fear of someone thinking you're amateurish because of your cat toy.
>>
>>29952530
>middle of the night
>*boom crash* wakes you
>delirious and groggy
>grab pistol
>turn on laser
>home invaders are usually people you know
>home invader is probably juiced on drugs, wide awake, and alert
>home invader probably knows the lay out of your home as well as you do and has spent some time planning his home invasion and looking for hiding spots.
>home invaders hears you wake up
>hides
>watches your laser from his cover
>waits until laser is pointed opposite direction indicating that your back is turned
>ohshityourefucked.jpeg
the end... forever
>>
>>29952643
God damn you're overthinking that like a motherfucker
>>
>>29952643
Sounds like someone needs to re-examine their choice of friends/acquaintances.
>>
>>29952580
Fair enough, I'm by no means anything but an amateur. The shield was my first firearm purchase, and I kind of went Ham with the extras and upgrades for it. After the magazine kits, talon grips, apex trigger and carry kit, holster, and the time and effort I spend color filling (yeah, I'm a colossal fag) I've spent close to double what I payed for the pistol in the first place...
>>
File: minituck_HH_sig.jpg (19 KB, 440x368) Image search: [Google]
minituck_HH_sig.jpg
19 KB, 440x368
>>29952471
>Crossbreed MiniTuck

>concealment holster with raised embossed cruciforms

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>29952687
Is your holster vampire resistant? Yeah, didn't think so faggot.
>>
>>29952658
Murphy's Law. Is that not the whole reason we carry a gun? To give us every possible advantage over a threat? Any possible (even if unlikely) opportunity that would give an assailant another advantage should be considered.
>>
>>29952643
>>29952482

please dont take this as inflamitory, however, from what im hearing, im not sure if you have ever used a laserguard before. the activation button under the trigger guard is not a toggle switch, so there is no reason why one cant squeeze a little harder on the firearm to activate it when needed.

another point, i dont have kids. if there is a home invasion, im locking the door and calling the police. im sure as fuck not going to clear the fucking house. i know it sounds really untacticool of me, but i really dont see the need.
>>
>>29952702
What's more unlikely?
That you'd be in a position that doesn't allow proper stance and sight acquisition when the need arises,
That your strung out, addict friend who's been casing your house for some time cautiously waits in the shadows until he sees your laser sight pointing in the opposite direction.
>>
>disregard laser
>buy apex aek and trijicon hds
>>
>>29952009
Hey, mind if I use the promo code? The wife's been wanting one for hers and your post couldn't have popped up at a better time.
>>
>>29952482
confirmed for
>never using a laser
>never being in a defensive shooting
>never having witnessed a defensive shooting
>likely noguns
>only experience is battlefield
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.