[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
knife to keep thugs away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: gelada baboon teeth gif.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
gelada baboon teeth gif.gif
2 MB, 400x225
Hey /k/ /b/tard reporting in

>how does one go about choosing a knife for self defense on the street?
>ideally it should be retractable and not shitty to carry around all the time. not make for instakill is a plus.
>>
File: its ok he's my cousin.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
its ok he's my cousin.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>29951793
sorry for stock filename
>>
File: Hengsha-dock_sneak.jpg (122 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Hengsha-dock_sneak.jpg
122 KB, 1280x1024
>>29951793
nano blade
>>
>>29951793
You are making a lot of incorrect assumptions about knives for self defense.

1. Self defense knives are not for brandishing.
Unless you want to risk being stabbed or attacked violently with a blunt object. Being threatened with a knife puts people in an actual fight/flight stance. If their brain chooses fight, then they will attack you with intent to utterly destroy you and any chance you have of hurting them with that knife.

2. Stabbing or slashing someone with a knife does not stop them from attacking you.
Most videos you've seen of people being stabbed to death in rekt of gore threads don't incapacitate the victim until they are stabbed close to a dozen times, with a giant kitchen blade knife. And this is stabbing, not slashing. Slashing does next to nothing other than make someone bleed while they attack you.

3. Self defense knives are for immediately incapacitating the victim.
It must be able to incapacitate an attacker with as few motions between the draw and attack as possible. This means that your knife to keep thugs away must be an instakill knife.

So to recap,
>Flashing a knife to keep thugs away has a very high chance of forcing them to unexpectedly and lethally attack you.
>because of this, it needs to be an instakill knife.
>If you look through Kung-Fu magazines at the grocery store you'll eventually find an ad for a "Sleeve dart" which might be what you're really looking for.
>>
>>29951793
This is the most ignorant video game underaged shit I've heard posted to /k/ for awhile.

I don't think you're ready to own weapons.
>>
Gete a telescopic batton and never mention this shit again.
You'll never incapacitate someone with a knife withou going for an "instakill".
A blunt weapon like a batton gives you more reach and smacking someone with it can knock them down or will hurt enough to deterr them.
There's a reason why escrima became popular lately because stick is still the best melee weapon today if you want non-lethal.
>>
Knifes are one of the worst defence weapons you could pick.
They are cutting tools, and offensive weapons.
You underage retard
>>
Buy a taser (not a stun gun, a taser, there's a difference) or get a can of OC spray. Assuming you use either of those properly, they will work much better at keeping you safe than a knife would. I assume you live somewhere that doesn't let their citizens carry firearms for protection, so those are your best options.
>>
File: 1459402873676.png (153 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1459402873676.png
153 KB, 351x351
I'd stay away from knives for self defense, OP...
If one there's more than one thug then you're usually fucked but your chance isn't that much lower if there is only one guy coming after you.
It's just one of those things that you either most likely be disarmed of during the fight or have it turned against you.

Just ask this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CvNfk9-4gY
Thought that he had a chance with his knife when all else failed, only to easily be disarmed when he whipped it out, and I'm sure he was holding on to that thing for dear life.
I don't know the laws where you live but if there's a chance to obtain a firearm, do it.
>>
Just... get a gun.
What if your opponent has a knife as well?
The loser of a knife fight dies in a street.
The winner of the knife fight dies on the way to the hospital.
>>
File: rus1891c.jpg (15 KB, 441x285) Image search: [Google]
rus1891c.jpg
15 KB, 441x285
>>29951793

The scariest blade, if it can even be called one (its more like a crude spike of steel), that you could possibly pull on someone.

But don't use a knife for self defense if you can avoid it. The winner of a knife fight dies at the hospital.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.