[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MRE's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: pug.jpg (76 KB, 757x960) Image search: [Google]
pug.jpg
76 KB, 757x960
What is the best MRE to have on hand or what kind of food could you stolk in bulk relitivley cheap that would keep you alive? i just want to ask /k/ what they do for MRE situations, Pic not related, just some /k/ humor.
>>
>>29948853
Canned tuna and chicken
>>
Motherfucking peanut butter.

Seriously.
>>
File: 1455582164243.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1879) Image search: [Google]
1455582164243.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1879
Any meal that you just need boiling water to make. Dry is the best way about it. No chance of anything breaking open or something. Just get a vacuum sealer and make packages of prepackaged dry goods that construct a meal you would be happy with. Mountain house is good and all but make it cheap and make it yourself.
>>
>>29949008
This + hardtack.
>>
>>29948853

Go to Costco and get some big ass bags of beans and rice. Keeps forever and you can get several months worth for less than $50.
>>
>>29949008
When I'm backpacking I fucking love instant coffee. When I try it at home it tastes like dirt water and I have to go back to my wife's organic, free trade, hand rosted, cat shit.
>>
>>29948853
Watch for those variety pack buckets of mountain house to go on sale. That stuff stays good for 25 years. But also yeah get big bags of rice and beans.
>>
>>29948853
>i just want to ask /k/ what they do for MRE situations

I've been buying a few dollars worth of extra canned goods each time I buy groceries. I haven't been doing it long but so far I have

3wks oatmeal oats
1wk canned beans
3days canned vegetables
7 days packaged tuna
3days wheat cereal
5days pasta
2days peanuts
5days peanut butter
5days brick rations

I keep the brick rations in my go bag. The rest is just having a party on my upper pantry shelf. I need to buy a giant container of water on my next two grocery visits, then go back to buying more tuna, then I'll start rounding out the nutritional proportions.
>>
Thank you for the information, so I actually do know about hardtack and canned tuna and chicken is a very good idea, but just for the sake of conversation what is available that would constitute as a more "health and complete meal" as to say something that could give you your vitamins and minerals such as fruit and vegetables. What kind of options for that kind of stuff is available out there. So far a list of things im really gunna stock pile soon is ramen, because duuu. Also Tuan, and chicken as mentioned above, granola bars, crackers, peanut butter. rice, pasta.
>>
>>29949115

Nah, you worry about calories first, vitamins and minerals second.

You stock a bunch of cheap, high calorie, non perishable foods along with large amounts of multivitamins.

Trust me, it's a lot cheaper. It may not work like having a 100% balanced diet, but it will keep you alive and healthy enough to survive extended periods of bullshit.
>>
I keep bags of flour that i rotate and check for bugs every year or so. keep it vacuum sealed and chilled and it'll go for a long while.
Pickles too.
Pemmican is good to make if you plan on using it with a week or two of making it.

I only wish cornmeal could last that long, ain't nothing on planet earth as good as grits and cornbread with a slice of bacon or 2 for breakfast.

Thanks, fag now i'm hungry.
>>
File: IMG_160609200577456.jpg (100 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_160609200577456.jpg
100 KB, 540x720
>>29948853
>>29948862
Muthafucking chilimac and then you crush up the bread and add it along with jalapeno cheese spread and you actually heat it up on a rock. That is the best MRE especially as you watch the sun set behind Afghan mountains as you sip on a RipIt.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.