[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ I was just robbed earlier today... Some gy walked right up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: depressed-guy.jpg (1 MB, 2126x1412) Image search: [Google]
depressed-guy.jpg
1 MB, 2126x1412
/k/ I was just robbed earlier today...
Some gy walked right up to me asked did I know what time it was. I looked at my phone and next thing I knew I had a gun in my face. I was surprised, and took a step back. He demanded my wallet AND my cell phone. I had my gun in my pocket, but I didn't pull it out. I ended up giving him my credit card and fake PIN number as well as my cellphone. I feel like a complete little bitch. I should have taken out my gun and shot him when he was walking away, but I was too startled to think straight....
Did I do the right thing just giving up like that? What's the point in carrying a gun if you are too afraid to use it
>>
>>29944261
You are alive and assuming your phone is insured you have lost nothing but a bit of pride, count yourself very lucky.
>>
>>29944261
>Did I do the right thing just giving up like that?
you could say yes since you were not physically harmed but you should have shot him. dont judge yourself with hindsight
>>
File: K discussion 1.png (216 KB, 1352x2200) Image search: [Google]
K discussion 1.png
216 KB, 1352x2200
>>29944261

>Did I do the right thing just giving up like that?

Decide that for yourselve.

I wouldn't want to shoot a kid for sneaking into my living room and bagging my TV but I would have less issue with someone directly threatening me. Now some fellow /k/omrades will call you a pussy, other will tell you you did good not to shoot someone in the back after the life threatening sitation was "over" but at the end of the day your reflection on the matter is what is important.
>>
>>29944261
I feel like I've gained estrogen from merely reading this
>>
>>29944261
by the time you drew your gun you already would've been shot.
you did fine, OP.
and if your phone/provider has a protection plan you can explain and get it back.
also cancel that card just to be safe.
you are very lucky, do not dwell on the what ifs.
>>
>>29944306
>I wouldn't want to shoot a kid for sneaking into my living room and bagging my TV
kys
>>
>>29944261
Should have given him your exploding backup tactical wallet. Waaka waaka.
>>
>>29944261
Sure you lost your shit but you're still alive and still have your gun. Short of pulling some gung-ho move to deflect his gun away while you draw and shoot, there wasn't much else you could do once he pulled on you that close.
>>
>>29944261

Glad you're okay, OP.

Consider it a lesson in situational awareness and move forward from there. Make sure you report it to the police. You're not getting anything back but maybe you'll contribute to him finally being caught.
>>
>>29944320
>t. someone who has never killed a person.
>>
Life isn't like a scene from an action movie where you could have pushed his gun out of the way and shot him with yours.

You're lucky to be alive and unharmed
>>
>>29944377
t. a cuck. i bet yo would let trayvon rape your wife too
>>
File: Anon gets tricked tw(...).jpg (1 KB, 16x125) Image search: [Google]
Anon gets tricked tw(...).jpg
1 KB, 16x125
>>29944390
Sure is /pol/ in here today.
>>
>>29944261
So you lost ~$200 and got out without getting shot or killed. It could have been worse.

Use it as a learning experience. Carry appendix and work on your draw, take conceal carry and practice more seriously.

And most importantly, be more situationally aware.
>>
>>29944261
>I should have taken out my gun and shot him when he was walking away,
then youd be sitting in a cell and be really fucked. At worst you lost a phone and got some life lesson out of it.
Ive been robbed once while cc'ing. Chalk it up and learn from it
>>
>People don't wear watches anymore
shiiiiiiet
>>
>>29944261

He got the drop on you. I think complying was your best chance of exiting that situation safely.

Lessons learned op.
>>
>>29944428
I came here to post this. we live in the age of 10 dollar casios

maybe if you weren't fumbling for an oversized electric pocket watch you would have seen him pulling the gun.

but then you'd have to fumble in your pocket for your gun.

all in all you probably got one of the best cases for you with compliance.
>>
>>29944514
This. Being compliant and still getting shot happens a lot
>>
>>29944411

kys sjw faggot not everything is muh /pol/
>>
File: 1462853702901.jpg (220 KB, 679x550) Image search: [Google]
1462853702901.jpg
220 KB, 679x550
>>29944390
You must be 18 to use this site kid
>>
>>29944557
i am older than 18. how you could let someone break into your house and steal your property and not shoot them is beyond me. stay retarded
>>
>>29944538
Damn, kid. You're being pretty edgy. I may as well explain my original statement though. Killing someone is a whole world of trouble legally, and most people have at least some feelings of guilt afterwords, even if they didn't particularly care about the person. The way I see it, killing a person over something that can be replaced isn't necessary. Lurk more, faggot.
>>
>>29944569
>Killing someone is a whole world of trouble legally
not when its justified, such as someone breaking into your house and stealing shit.

>Lurk more, faggot
jesus. you are the minority here
>>
>>29944567
>>29944538
>>29944390
>>29944320
just lel
>>
>>29944448
this. consider yourself very lucky that he didn't just creep up and bean you in the back of a head with a 2x4 and then take all your shit, including your item.

everyone else is trolling or off-topic

you DO NOT draw if somebody is covering you

whether or not you want to kill somebody to retrieve your property is between you and johnny law, but I think you did the right thing given the circumstance OP; no need to feel badly
>>
>>29944261
You fucked up by letting some guy get the close to you in a situation where I'm assuming you were isolated enough to get robbed that's a big fuck-up on your part. But once you have a gun in your face what are you going to do? Make a sudden move and get your brains blown out by a jumpy tweaker.
>>
File: IMG_20160509_132737.jpg (580 KB, 1024x1366) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_132737.jpg
580 KB, 1024x1366
>>29944538
>spouts cuk cuk cuk
>brings up trayvon out of the blue
>assumes mugger was black even though statistically there's around 50% chance the dude was white
>denies being /pol/

15, nogunz, and lives in a suburban enclave, right?

Maybe not even American? Does this image trigger you?
>>
File: 1463104817958.png (541 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463104817958.png
541 KB, 1080x1080
>>29944585
Again
>t. Someone who has never killed a person.

Even when you kill a person in a home invasion scenario, the police will almost certainly confiscate your gun for evidence, and you'll be lucky to get it back within the year. Not only that, I'm not too fond of firing a gun inside my house unless my life is in danger. Most burglars bug the fuck out when they see the homeowner anyway.
>>
>>29944261
Congrats on not being situationally aware. When a guy walks up to you, especially if he is aged 15 to about 50, assume bad things. I don't let anyone invade my personal space in public. Always assume they want something from you, and be ready.
>>
>>29944615
violent crimes are statistically overwhelmingly committed by blacks. i am American and own guns. no that kitchen knife does not trigger me

>>29944625
you are delusional if you think its ok to just let someone break into your house and take your shit
>>
Top kek, this reminds me...

>late night
>empty road
>going to car
>notice running noise behind me
>it's some foreign guy with a cap
>tactically tense myself and move sideways away from his path
>he notices, slows down
>runs a little past me
>I cross the road
>asks me the time
Yeah totally going to pick up my phone so you can snag it out if it looks nice enough m8
>"Sorry, battery's dead", as I unlock the car and get in
>"But I think it's around 2:30 am"
>he starts coming closer, asks to make a call (what the fuck man, BATTERY IS DEAD)
>start up car, he comes right by the window
>asks me if he can see the phone behind the car's window (!?!?)
>Just drive off

And that was it. I think he was just not sure about robbing me, I don't look like an inviting target, my car is an old piece of shit and I don't dress well or look like a rich guy. Plus muggers are never armed around here, not with a gun for sure - I suspect he was trying to make some time for his mates to come around, as I spotted a group of foreign people dressed like him shortly before that.

If he just wanted to make a call, well, tough luck - not handing you my phone all alone in a dark alley.
>>
File: aor14.jpg (302 KB, 1350x1800) Image search: [Google]
aor14.jpg
302 KB, 1350x1800
>>29944261

I was robbed once and I know what you're thinking but you did the right thing. Maybe check craigslist and report to the police if you see your phone. If he attempts to use your credit card or debit in person he'll be filmed. People like him, that go around pulling guns on people, don't have a very long shelf life. Shooting him in the back for what amounts to a very small loss to you would be a retarded risk.

Pic for support.
>>
>>29944639
You seem to imply that I wouldn't attempt to stop a burglar. I just wouldn't use a gun to do it. You're doing a piss poor job at damage control.
>>
>>29944660
how will you stop him? why not use the best tool to stop him? no damage control here, you will be the retard on the news not me
>>
>>29944639
Cool story bro. Around half of the inmates incarcerated for violent crimes are white.

Man i should go mug /pol/tards for a living, they'd never see it coming
>>
>>29944669
why do people scream /pol/tard whenever someone says something about blacks or jews? do you ever think people have different opinions without being a neo nazi
>>
>>29944625
If someone breaks in during the day, they may run off because they think your not there.

If someone breaks in a night, they are probably expecting you to be home, and have a plan to deal with you. It happens.

It's crazy to assume either way that if they see you they will spook and leave. If someone breaks into your house, it's safe to assume your life is in danger.
>>
>>29944685
logic is racist pls go back to /pol/
>>
>>29944668
Baseball bat hurts like a bitch. Plus if he's trying to steal something, his hands will likely be full. I'm not saying that I'd never kill a home invader, just that it would be my last resort because I'm not an edgy middle school kid.
>>
>>29944261

It's just stuff. It's not worth your life. Although you should have shot him in the back, if you had a safe background for the shot.
>>
>>29944261
If you had shot him in the back, you would probably be facing charges right now.
>>
>>29944699
>someone breaks into your house and threatens you and your family
>shooting them is being an edgy middle school kid
wow
>>
File: 220px-Komisarjevsky,_joshua.jpg (6 KB, 220x147) Image search: [Google]
220px-Komisarjevsky,_joshua.jpg
6 KB, 220x147
>>29944679
Because in situational awareness, if you are only looking out for Jamal you are going to get the fuck killed out of you by Bubba.
>>
>>29944711
>Stealing a $80 TV is threatening my family's lives.

Those goalposts must be heavy.
>>
>>29944722
yes, the act of breaking into ones house is threatening to the occupants.
>>
File: 1381513269717.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
1381513269717.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>29944669
>Around half of the inmates incarcerated for violent crimes are white.
>>
>>29944426
Not if he was in Texas. Here we can pursue and kill someone with stole property.
>>
>>29944538
You know what, fuck you, you degenerate NEET. You want to be an operator so badly, but you simultaneously have no fucking idea what it's like to take a man's life. You are scum, and you make the rest of us look bad.
>>
>>29944261
You deserve to be robbed for being a man-child that doesn't wear a watch.

Seriously, you carry a gun but not a watch? The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1461179172510.png (1 MB, 736x1032) Image search: [Google]
1461179172510.png
1 MB, 736x1032
>>29944645

>Tfw you will have a qt 3.14 Asian gf who thinks you're just awesome for taking her to shoot real guns
>tfw you'll never get to spooge on her shooting glasses

Why even live?
>>
>>29944743
kek im not a neet. i feel like a tyfys is in order
>>
>>29944669
Blacks are 10% of the population. They are way over represented in prison.
>>
>>29944261
You're alive. That in and of itself is a victory.

Use this as a lesson though, anytime someone asks you for the time, a cigarette or a lighter assume they're about to rob you. Also if someone seems like they're getting a little close to you, they're probably up to no good.

Don't get yourself killed pulling some action movie shit, but try to put yourself in a better prosition next time.
>>
>>29944261
>posted via iPhone.
>>
>>29944722
Yeah, but that's MY $80 TV plus whatever fees I pay to actually watch shit on it. I'm a jew when it comes to money, it's fuckin mine and I worked damn hard for it. The robber could want more than your TV if they see signs of weakness as well.
>>
>>29944794
Fair enough.
>>
File: NCFS-Table.jpg (64 KB, 620x297) Image search: [Google]
NCFS-Table.jpg
64 KB, 620x297
>>29944735
DoJ stats don't lie.

You are far more likely to be victimized by a white than a black.
>>
File: 1444518112860.jpg (73 KB, 669x627) Image search: [Google]
1444518112860.jpg
73 KB, 669x627
>>29944757
>>
>>29944803
>This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites.

>Some observers argue that what causes the overwhelming preponderance of black-on-white over white-on-black violence is “chance of encounter,” due to the fact that there are five times as many whites as blacks in the American population. However, there are only about 30 percent more Hispanics than blacks, yet black-on-Hispanic violence is almost as lopsided as black-on-white violence. This suggests blacks may be deliberately targeting both whites and Hispanics.

kys faggot
>>
>>29944803
>black commit 560,600 violent crimes against whites

>whites committ only 99,403 such crimes against blacks

do you even read your own graph you reaming idiot
>>
>>29944532

Sure, but then you are dealing with an irrational actor or someone who's primary objective is not the robbery, but the violence.

In a robbery scenario, complying and giving up your possessions, as unsavory that may be to you, eliminates the rationale for violence. The threat no longer carries weight.

You could try to fight, because yea, sometimes the true motivation is violence, not theft... But in this scenario, op was already caught off guard. It would have been a losing fight either way.
>>
>>29944261
How did you not know this classic interview tactic? Situational awareness is key to not being a victim.
>>
>>29944261
why not perform a citizens arrest or just rob him with your gun right back???
>>
>>29944848
I wasn't talking about white on black crime. I was talking about white on white crime vs black on white crime.

I'm not claiming none of this exists. My workplace was robbed by a black man a few months ago. I'm saying that statistically you always have more to worry about from your own race than anyone else.
>>
Not part of this cluster fuck. Random passerby:

>I miss night /k/.
>less edgy, more fun/funny
>>
>>29944261
I had a similiar situation today, except without any guns involved and I wasn't robbed/really nothing bad happened to me, but I could potentially end up physically harmed. What's worse my gf could be hurt as well.

>waiting for a bus with my gf, a good distance away from the bus station
>2 drunks drinking and swearing at the bus station
>they proceed to walk in our general direction
>gf tells me to not look at them
>against her advice I look at them because if they want to pick on us, they will do it anyway since we are like the only people around and I'd rather keep track of the situation

>as expected drunks approach us
>immediately put myself between them and my gf
>they act in that usual drunk aggressive-friendly way, but it's clear they could stop being friendly at any moment
>one of them wants me to drink out of his bottle
>I don't drink so I refuse while trying to not escalate the situation
>after I refuse multpile times one of them gets aggresive, punches me in the chest and asks if I want to end up dead
>I do know how to fight but at that moment I realized my legs were basically noodles
>thankfully, they left as soon as I put my guard up
>later see them picking on some old fat guy, pushing him etc.
In hindsight I think I should just drink out of that fucking bottle since my gf was also involved and her safety is more important than my beliefs regarding alcohol, but who's to say they wouldn't get agressive after that as well.

Keep in mind that I'm yuropoor. I never seriuosly thought about carrying a gun/pepper spray because in most cases I'm on my own and can just run away if shit gets serious.

Not the case when I'm with my gf though. I think I need to seriously consider carrying something, be it a cap&ball revolver or pepper spray.
>>
>>29944939
>shooting a thief is now edgy
bunch o numales here
>>
Should have just said time to get a watch
>>
>>29944261
No joke but this is why I carry a fake wallet, few of those fake credit cards a few washingtons. And such and boom, fake wallet
>>
>>29944261

Your situational awareness was lacking, but you did the right thing by not getting shot. If you'd gone for your gun by the time you realized what was happening you have just gotten yourself killed.
>>
>>29944951
Shoulda beat the living shit out of them.
>>
>>29944926
>statistically you always have to worry about your own race

yea, unless you're white. Only one guy has tried to rob me and it was *gasp* a nignog.
>>
He got the drop on you. Nothing you could've done after he turned his back unless you wanted to get arrested too and had BLM harass you for months.
>>
>>29945001
He could have said
Yo homie, that my wallet?
The robber would have turned around and then OP could have djibouti shootied him
>>
>>29944713

So much this.

The whole "darkies do all the crime" trope is attributed to confirmation and selection bias. It's been going on for so long that whitey's crimes go unnoticed for practically forever. Jamal steals a cell phone at and gets 15 years cuz lol 3 strikes, while the Rockefellers and Koch types grift entire economies and nations of enough wealth to put a future generation into debt
>>
>>29945030
>cuz lol 3 strikes
how many chances are you going to give niggers?
>>
>>29944997
Yeah it sounds good when you think about but not so much when it's actually happening to you.

I'm fit and it's not the first time I was in a situation like this, but it was the first time my gf was involved so the stake and stress were a lot higher.

Not to mention no matter how fit or skilled I am, a man full of doubts vs. 2 drunks looking for trouble is not exactly a fight I would like to be in.

But as I said, I was ready to defend both myself and my gf in that moment. They left so I didn't want to push my luck.
>>
>>29944261
Should have whipped out your carry immediately
> IT'S GLOCK O'CLOCK MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>29944951
Drunk people are easy to beat up. Should have knocked them out.
>>
>>29945023
This. If he turned his back to OP, then he was practically begging for OP to retaliate.
>>
>>29944261
>/k/ommandos, I might have an actual solution
EDC a fake suicide vest trigger. Just go to Radioshack and slap together enough stuff to make it look theatrically convincing. "Under my shirt is 15 pounds of plastic explosive. If you don't fuck off, I'll blow this whole street the fuck up." Flip the switch to turn on a red blinking LED on the device behind your back when you go to get your wallet. "It's got a heartbeat sensor and only I can turn it off." Nigs will run.
>thoughts?
>>
>>29945059
As I said, 2 drunks with a bottle vs. a single guy who also has to defend his gf and doesn't feel confident is not exactly I fight I want to take.

Shit if it was a single drunk then I probably would do as you say.
>>
>>29944261
you should have shot him.
i know it sounds edgy.

Now he's going to rob other people at gunpoint and endanger them.
>>
>>29945080
Up next on CNN

HE WUZ A GUD BOI HE DIN DO NUFFIN
-the mother of a young Ivy League bound community leader who was gunned down by a racist JUST for asking the time.

Just a preview.
>>
>>29945121
OP did the right thing by not shooting him in the back. He would have been a lot trouble for it.
>>
>>29944998
the three times I've had shit stolen from it was *gasp* white dudes

I live in fucking Atlanta

my useless anecdote beats out yours
>>
>>29945137
Yea but yours is an exception, not the generality
>>
>>29945128
I can practically hear the street riots
>>
>>29944557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XivELBdxVRM
>>
>>29945098
Why not give him a box full of hornets. He'll have to turn himself in and go to the hospital. EDC.
>>
>>29945147
HANDS UP DONT SHOOT HANDS UP DONT SHOOT
>>
>>29945049

You missed the part where I referenced confirmation and selection bias.

My argument is that everyone is saying "niggers do all the crime" and because of that assumtion, there are more people targeting that subset of people for increased scrutiny. What happens if an equal amount of crime is committed by all races, but you choose to only seek out the perpetrators of crimes committed by a single race? Your numbers will inflate to the race of your choosing, thus creating confirmation in what us already presumed.

My argument is white people look squeaky clean to you because you keep your head on a swivel for jamal, and never see Cletus with his hands in your pocket.

This is the same reason why it's not a good idea to do racial profiling at airports.
>>
>>29944261
well you're alive man, that's first.

personally I've pulled before, but never fired, didn't have too they split.

But anon remember that now, he's going to do it again to someone els.....

You should have fucking shot him.
>>
>>29945133
"hey, wait!"
>nigger turns around
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
>>
>>29945167
>My argument is white people look squeaky clean to you
no they do not. i simply used a niggers name in my example.
>>
>>29944448
if you are that close to me, I'm pushing your gun and your getting 20 in the chest and pistol whipped.
>>
>>29945178

That's definitely how that would work.
>>
>>29944679
in all fairness, im a skinhead but ive never been on /pol/
>>
I'm legitimately upset no one ever fucks with me....

>prepared as fuck
>I see everything
>always out and about

I'm a really nice person tho....

But fuck it makes me mad when I see shit like this and I wasn't there to help....
>>
>>29945186
>Meme
>>
if he turned his back you draw, aim, then get his attention. If he swings around gun in hand ventilate the fucker, if not tell him to slowly throw the gun and hold him till the cops get there.
>>
>>29944803
Alot of this data is including white people getting into bar fights, domestic violence/ wife beating, etc.
I'm sure if the data was street robbery and stick ups itd be alot different
>>
>>29945186
yeah and exactly how many hours of training with a real instructor (not your incest loving brother) do u have that you feel so comfortable doing this? ow about your daily follow up routine to keep your skills fresh? speaking from experience, 4 months of police academyy taught me the proper skills, but one year of desk jockey has definitely kept them from being to polished. i wouldnt risk it.

>tfw nobody uses common sense anymore
>tfw a plastic card with a FAKE pin and an iphone are valued more by /k/omandos than a life
>>
>>29945339
>tfw a plastic card with a FAKE pin and an iphone are valued more by /k/omandos than a life

no wonder you're a desk jockey
>>
>>29945339
Life of a thief is worth nothing
>>
>>29945167
If the groups targeted by the bias are actually disproportionally represented in the perps, I would think that we'd still come out ahead from a prevention standpoint.
>>
>>29944998
>anecdotes are statistics
O dang you shur showed me
>>
>>29945373
I give no fucks about the thief's life, I'm talking about valuing your own life. And I'm not currently a desk jockey, I'm a bike officer which is practically the same thing.
>>
>>29944952
You misinterpret me:

Shoot the thief given the opportunity. Fuck thieves with a cactus.

I meant to say that night /k/ doesn't seem to have as many arguing keyboard warriors as it does during the day. It's more inane drunk humor at night.

At least that's my take on night /k/ vs. day /k/.
>>
solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdCkpgj8BLU
>>
>>29945330
None of THOSE are self defense situations then?
>>
>>29944261
>living in a country where someone points a gun to your face to rob you
Kek
>>
You did nothing wrong. You could have drawn on him as he walked away and demanded your stuff back though.
>>
>people actually claiming niggers aren't over represented in crimes
when did /k/ get filled with brain dead redditors?
>>
>>29944771
LOL
>>
>>29945817
Of course they are. When it comes to street crime you should worry primarily about white hobos.
Racial profiling isnt full awareness - look for people out of place or overdressed shady fuckers come in all colors
>>
>>29944951
Dude what. I'm not necessarily trying to be a dick here, but you do realize that your gf finds you significantly less attractive than she did this morning...right? That type of piss poor display of masculinity will physically make your girl dry up like the Sahara. You've gotta learn how to defend yourself and her, m8.
>>
>>29944261
What color was he op?
>>
>>29945198
you'd like it there i'm sure.
>>
>>29945999
>>>/trash/
you'd like it there, nigger.
>>
>>29944261
You pretty much did everything wrong and somehow even came to the wrong conclusions about what to do next time.

1. Don't fucking look away when a random stranger approaches you. If you have a watch take a quick peek and tell them, or show them the watch. Or show them your phone's time while watching them.

2. You need to think about how you're going to act when faced with a gun. If you think about it, if you're in a self-defense with deadly force type situation, that implies someone's trying to use deadly force against you. If you are going to freeze and submit every time someone threatens you with deadly force then you might as well not even carry, because as it is you're a walking gun delivery service for anyone who wants to take your shit.

3. Definitely don't shoot them while they walk away. That will get you put behind bars most anywhere in the US, especially if there are witnesses or you're on camera.
>>
>>29945243
opposite of me man, i'm always unprepared but schizotypal personality disorder makes me paranoid, so I always end up avoiding things and people because I fear getting murdered by people who are probably quite friendly. the other day I didn't walk under an arch that was under construction work until the worker came down for a smoke because I legitimately thought he'd drop a brick on my head.
>>
File: 1411903954914.jpg (537 KB, 1409x1600) Image search: [Google]
1411903954914.jpg
537 KB, 1409x1600
as usual, OP is a faggot. By handing over the money and wallet you entered negotiations with an armed stranger for your life. plus, you performed a subservient act motivated by fear. that guy could've raped you and instead of being titled /k/ I was just robbed earlier today...
it would have been /k/ I was just sodomized earlier today. I reccomend killing yourself.
>>
>>29945985
>That type of piss poor display of masculinity
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>29946011
wow rude. I was only trying to be helpful to my friendly neighbourhood baldyass shit-for-brains. look where it got me.
>>
im surprised by all these numales on /k/ desu
>>
>>29946071
i'd say it's less that they're willing to help a nigger steal his tv and rape his wife and more that they have perhaps ruminated more deeply than surface feelings about the task of taking another man's life to weigh on your conscience forever when non-lethal methods would work and still place said melanin-enriched gentleman in a great deal of pain, more than enough to sate the bloodlust of a scorned man. or maybe you're right and it's numale night, who knows.
>>
>>29946019
Not everyone is billy badass, but OP was def. unprepared and is in an improper mindset esp. to be carrying. He needs to train the fuck up.
As lucky as he was you rely on luck instead of training and muscle memory you will eventually run out of luck
>>
>>29946089
why try and fight someone when you could shoot them? you run the risk of getting hurt/killed trying to fight
>>
>>29946106
tasers exist.
>>
>>29946111
tasers are not as effective as you think
>>
>>29944261

this is why situational awareness is itself a more powerful defense than a gun. you could have discerned his intentions if you had been more alert.
>>
>>29946121
well as long as they fill their purpose, which is to disable one person at range for a short period of time, controllable by the person firing it, i'd say it doesn't matter if it's a little less useful.
>>
>>29946139
the conditions have to be perfect for tasers to work. any sort of heavy clothing can defeat tasers, any distance over 12 feet is pretty much a shot in the dark, both prongs have to hit the target. these are some of the few flaws with tasers, again a firearm is the tool for the job.
>>
>>29945023
>djibouti shootied

Kekarino, never seen that one before
>>
>>29946161
ah, fair, you've won me over. desu I was just playing devil's advocate, I'd be willing to murder a guy if he came into my house, and this is an answer i've thought on. the only shame is that i'm in britbongistan, and all I have is my tactical spoon.
>>
>>29946206
>Tactical Spoon
Say goodbye to your dog, Britanon.
>>
>>29944261
If you shoot him in the back in a public space you go to prison /komrade and that's in gun friendly states. I don't like it, I think you ought to be able to retrieve your property and the hell with the safety of a criminal but many judges won't see it that way, and every dindu family member will sue you for shooting her Turninhislifearown.

You lived and you didn't get hurt, so you got out of the situation with the most important things.
Think about how you respond to people in public now, realize that you can't be a naive fuck anymore cause people aren't to be trusted, and better yourself.
Anybody asks you for the time you give them a guesstimate and if they want better give them the finger. Same for a cigarette, a light, or any goddamn thing else. You can't trust anybody who you wouldn't invite to your house.
>>
Basically you don't draw if some guy has the drop on you.

You teleport behind them and unsheathe your EDC katana.
>>
>>29946197
hownew.ru
>>
>>29946052
try not to rob him along the way, nigger.
>>
>>29945339
lol I'm military, now go write some tickets and harass some kids for pot.

oh btw, you're physical fitness test is half of army minimum score, your "training" meens shit to me wanabe.
>>
>>29946261
I only just started browsing /k/ m80
>typing like a cancerous faggot

Why, anon?
>>
>>29946291
well, and you knew this was coming
>>/pol/
>>
>>29946307
You shouldn't post until you've lurked a good while.
>>
>>29946099
100% agreed. I think most CCW people are not mentally prepared for an actual self-defense situation. That's not to say that defending yourself is super complicated, there are a lot of videos of random very lightly trained individuals winning gunfights. The most important thing is being willing.
>>
>>29944288

This. If the asshole already had his piece on you, and you had no one to distract him to get yours, then you made the right call.
>>
>>29946323
you mean
>>>/DOJstatistics/
>>>/commonsense/

meanwhile may i recommend for you
>>>/chimpout/
>>
>>29946299

First of all:

>Being illiterate in 2016
>bragging about the shitty 60-60-60 when you should always have at least 80-80-80 if not better
>being this motto on the internet
>implying the average soldier has handgun fighting training
>>
>>29946376
I don't get why you don't like /pol/. they think exactly like you, you'd love it there, seriously, maybe you can find a scabies-ridden skinhead whore to suck you off as you descend into your eternal tomb still yelling about niggers and jews.
>>
>>29944757
It's a trap anon.
>>
>>29946482

FUCK.

Then again, a butthole is a butthole.
>>
>>29946403
>"implying"
>"average soldier"
>picking apart argument to start separate new argument

argue harder, cmon man tell me how you really feel?
>>
>>29944261
>not pulling out your gun and demand he stops
>not mugging him back for the things he just stole from you, plus gun
>>
>>29946403
Oh fuck are you a nasty girl?!

HAHAHAHA I'm sorry man, don't fucking kill you self now.

I have even less respect for a nasty girl POG than I do that try hard wannabe.
>>
File: Ellery Sweet.jpg (61 KB, 478x384) Image search: [Google]
Ellery Sweet.jpg
61 KB, 478x384
>>29946504
das it mang
>>
File: MUH FO4FU in cammies.jpg (125 KB, 729x787) Image search: [Google]
MUH FO4FU in cammies.jpg
125 KB, 729x787
>>29944261
You are definitely a little bitch.

I bet you could have shot him in the back of the head, taken your shit back and his property too, and gotten away with it.

People like you are the reason those fuckers are still around robbing people. Because of your failure, that same "person" is probably going to rob another decent white man and it might not go so well this time.

All because you didn't have the stones to draw and fire as soon as you had the opportunity.

I hope you feel bad about it.
>>
>>29946407
I don't get why you don't like reddit. they think exactly like you, you'd love it there, seriously, maybe you can find a white guilt ridden mudshark whore to suck you off as you descend into your eternal tomb still yelling about white privilege and racism.
>>
>>29946593
why do you care about the people he might go on to rob. it's not gonna be you, and I already know you don't care about them as people because you wanna make op feel bad.
>>
>>29944261
you survived, that's what counts. You carry a firearm to increase your survival odds in a situation, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>29946593
oy vey poor little trayboon just wanted some spare change to buy skittles and watermelon ice tea! if the racist cracker just willingly gave him money he wouldn't be forced to rob him!
>>
>>29946618
implications.
>>
>>29944615
>50% chance the mugger was white

Lol, yeah only if you include latinos and whites into the same "white" racial category. Used to crack me up straight out of the academy when we'd get bolos for "[insert generic south american name]" covered in [insert generic latino gang] tattoos, but being racially identified as "white"
>>
File: back to pol.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
back to pol.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>29946599
suuure man, whatever you say.
>>
>>29946606
>why do you care about the people he might go on to rob. it's not gonna be you
>that nigger mind set
lmao
>>
>>29946593
>shooting somebody in the back of the head while they're fleeing
enjoy your first degree murder conviction
enjoy your execution
>>
>>29946633
yeah well it depends on if you can get away with it or not
>>
>>29944699
Thats badass little billy.
So, how do you think you're going to like the 3rd grade next year?
>>
>>29944722
>breaking and entering isn't a serious, potentially life threatening crime
>you should just let the criminals take everything they want
>maybe fuck your wife before they go
>maybe if you're lucky they'll give you a reach around when they decide to take you from behind

Honestly, you should just get on all fours and assume the position if anyone breaks into your home. Seems like your natural defense mechanism.
>>
>>29946640
>thinking it wouldn't be obvious that you shot him in the back of the head
>thinking you could get away with it
>>
>>29946633
>fleeing felon rule
>>
>>29946628
4chan user base never appeased you retarded shitskins. if you're so buttblasted about /pol/ then fuck off to reddit where they'll willingly suck your dick because it's the color of shit.
>>
>>29944261
You may as not. Just carry a rape whistle.
>>
>>29946665
>not knowing about Tennessee v. Garner
>>
>>29946681
are you retarded? honestly. you need to research what came of it
>>
>>29946667
i'm literally not a nigger. perhaps you are, maybe an uncle tom of sorts, trying to project his problem onto others?
>>
>>29944803
>is clearly unaware that "hispanics" are often labeled as "white" for crime reporting statistics.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

Notice anyone missing here? It's extremely common practice to list latino/hispanic offenders as white for crime reporting purposes. I'm surprised the DOJ had any information which specifically separated whites from latinos/hispanics. But those numbers are undoubtedly tainted as there is no uniform reporting across all 50 states for white race commits which crimes.
>>
>>29946511

Lol, dollar and a sloppy bj says my PT score is higher than yours. The argument is that you shouldn't be dick-waving and pissing on the cop.

>>29946541

Get back in my motor pool.

>>29946558

Right?
>>
>>29946689
hey if you wanted to experience what it's like to have a lethal injection with shit drugs made by shady semi-legal drug labs, be my guest
>>
>>29944288
yup. this.

well done OP. you did what a smart person would have done in the situation.
>>
>>29946694
i'd take an uncle tom every day of the week over a "white" mutt whose sole purpose of existence is to cry about racism.
>>
>>29946716
hey if you want to be stupid and not know the law, be my guest.
>>
>>29946703
lmao look at the most wanted

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/alexis-flores

>Race: White (Hispanic)
>>
>>29946725
so what you're saying is you're a gay nigger lover?
>>
>>29946731
>implying white and hispanic are the same thing

Thanks for demonstrating the point. Primarily categorized as "white." And do you see anything that differentiates between white and hispanic on the overall crime statistics? Or do you just see "white?"
>>
>>29946726
the law is clear: using deadly force against a fleeing suspect is murder, unless the fleeing suspect poses an immediate threat to life/limb of others (i.e. kidnapping)
>>
>>29946734
>using homosexuality as insult
your redditor buddies wouldn't appreciate your intolerance.
>>
>>29946734
>t. gay nigger association of america
>>
>>29946756
>fleeing an armed robbery
>armed
>robbery
>>
>>29946756
I would say a mugger leaving the scene of a mugging is pretty damn dangerous still.
>>
File: 1460498805205.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460498805205.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>29944261
> What's the point in carrying a gun if you are too afraid to use it

Brady campaign/ATF please leave.
>>
>>29946760
so you don't deny it? for a skinhead uncle tom faggot you sure are open on the internet. not that i'm expecting anything else for someone who's so obviously a special snowflake who can't talk on a gun board about guns without bringing up their hatred of the lesser races.
>>
>>29946751
Oh I'm aware all the mexicans claim themselves to be "white" on documents, no disagreement here.

But Mexicans making us look bad in statistics makes it look less racist.
>>
>>29946796
>das racis: the post
you people are tiresome.
>>
If you literally had a gun in your face you could've taken him without drawing yours.
>>
>>29946734
Thats what I'm saying.

I just love those black dicks.

hurr durr you got me.
>>
>>29944261
>I should have taken out my gun and shot him when he was walking away, but I was too startled to think straight....

I don't know about your states laws but shooting someone in their back isn't considered self-defense in some places.

>Did I do the right thing just giving up like that? What's the point in carrying a gun if you are too afraid to use it

He had a fucking gun in your face. Drawing a gun, aiming it and shooting it takes a lot more time than just pulling the trigger. You may feel like a little bitch but that's why you are alive. Sometimes playing the hero will only get you killed.
>>
>you had poor situation awareness
>You were probably in a not so good area (not needing to be ghetto, but I'm betting you werent at an exclusive golf course)
>This does not mean you could have avoided it.
>Bad shit happens to aware people too
>It happens less, but it does happen.
>You got robbed and didn't try anything John wick with a gun on you
>thats smart. There isn't anything worth it
>people who say otherwise haven't had a gun in their face

next time be more aware. be elsewhere. but give them your wallet like you did, if you are in the same place again.
>>
>>29944261
How new are you? Asking someone for the time is like babby first robbery tier.

The idea is to see your hands then pull a knife or gun on you.
>>
>>29945989
Isnt it obvious
>>
>>29946529
Yeah, that definately would work.
>>
>>29944337

Where can I get one of these?
>>
>>29944357

This. You need to ratchet up your paranoia a bit. Not too much (that will probably happen as a result of this for a short time) but no doubt the guy approached you for a reason. Contemplate this and not whether you did the right thing or not. You did fine considering the situation. Was anyone else around? Did you watch him approach you and did you notice that he maybe had a hand in his pocket? Stuff like that. Don't get caught not paying attention again and be glad you walked away from that.
>>
>>29946756
>an armed man with a gun that has already demonstrated a willingness to threaten deadly force for petty gains is not dangerous

Nigger what?
>>
>>29944514

I work in downtown Houston and due to a fucking insane homeless problem around there I watch everyone constantly when I'm on foot down there. It's a habit that has carried over to the rest of my life. Homeless people are always asking you for shit. You got some change for the bus? You got some money to help me get something to eat? You got a dollar? You know what time it is? That one you hear a lot but they don't give a shit about the time. They just want you to pause long enough to take out your phone or look at your wrist and give them a chance to then ask you for one of those other things.

Just walk by and say "No idea, sorry" and make eye contact with the person asking from now on. They're counting on the social contract kicking in and you feeling obligated to answer their question. Learn to be an asshole to strangers. I know it sounds fucked up but your life gets much simpler that way.
>>
>>29944669
>everyone i disagree with is a nazi
i guess i'm a nazi
>>
>>29945943
Summer
>>
>>29946139
>he has a partner
>he has thick clothing
>you miss
this has been talked about to death. tasers BTFO every time.
>>
File: muh-hitler.jpg (20 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
muh-hitler.jpg
20 KB, 368x475
>WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME HE IS LITERALLY /POL/!!!!!!
Goddamn, this thread turned to shit.
>>
>>29946796
I award you the gold medal for mental gymnastics

reading that post was a rollercoaster ride
>>
>>29944297
Legally, can you shoot the guy in that situation? If he's walking away can you fire on him?
>>
>>29947692
In Texas you can.
>>
File: 1454677710485.jpg (270 KB, 834x679) Image search: [Google]
1454677710485.jpg
270 KB, 834x679
>>29947699
What about Alabama?
>>
>>29944261
Your alive. Learn from this and be more situationally aware in the future. Not sure where you live but shooting them in the back could have criminal and civil repercussions.
>>
>>29947740

Alabama!
>>
Next time, wear a watch.
>>
>Responses are overwhealmingly level headed and positive

Surprised. Nice /k/

Shit happens OP, don't drop you guard again.
>>
File: image.jpg (771 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
771 KB, 2592x1936
I'm going to be very honest with you,
You did the right thing,
you where presented with an impossible opportunity and making the wrong mistake insuring the firearm was real would of resulted with your death.

there is no point dying over stolen property, remember the remember the face and call the police and hope for the best.

This is real life and sometimes the good guys don't always win and that includes firefights.
>>
>>29947775
Check your own State laws.

I would be surprised if you weren't allowed to shoot to stop someone from fleeing after the commission of a violent felony though.

...unless you were in NY or California...you might be required to ask if he wants a blowjob before he leaves in those states.
>>
>>29944771
They are correctly represented in prison :)
>>
>>29947845
This desu senpai
>>
>>29947845
california here.
Can confirm, I've had to suck a few aids riddled cocks before emptying mag towards the heavens through their nutsack.
>>
>>29944411

Can you shrink that down a bit? Having a tough time fitting it to my screen
>>
File: 1461408791488.jpg (28 KB, 289x337) Image search: [Google]
1461408791488.jpg
28 KB, 289x337
>>29945243
Haven't you ever heard not to go looking for a fight?
>>
>>29946482

Even better
>>
>>29944737
Only worth over $1000.
>>
>ayo gibs me dat wallet
>no
What happens now? Are most muggers willing to kill if you don't comply?
>>
>>29944261
NEVER look away from someone asking if you know what time it is. Either tell them to your pest recollection or tell them you don't know. Maintain eye contact and try to present yourself as ready for whatever. 'What time is it" is the oldest Rick in the book.
>>
>>29949192
Best recollection*
>>
>>29949192
Dumb mobileposter.
>>
>>29949242
Well hey, I've had people try the ol "what time is it?" on me and I didn't get robbed.
>>
>>29944261
Dude you do the right thing ,but you had the opportunity to kill the guy when he escape an get your shit back...
>>
>>29949103
Assuming they took your social security number your identity can be worth more than 1k.
>>
>>29944261
>politely hand over everything he asks for
>when he has it all and is departing
>walk up and put your gun to his head
>demand all of it back
>take his wallet and gun too
>take his pants
>take pictures
>leave laughing
>>
>>29944261
You've given me good motivation for to stop pocket carrying
>>
>>29944669
>15% of population
>50% of violent crime convictions

Yea keep telling yourself blacks don't commit crime way more than any other race.... Also black criminals are apprehended at far lower rates than whites because whites generally attack people they know for reasons. Blacks attack each other randomly for the hell of it. If everyone was apprehended and convicted 100% of the time it would be like 90% blacks in prisons.

America doesn't have a crime problem, it has a black people problem.

Remember kids; around blacks, never relax. It's not just a catchy slogan, it could save your life some day.
>>
>>29949701
But blacks aren't 50% of violent crime convictions and less than 1% of the black community actually commits a violent crime in a year. But hey, whatever.
>>
>>29949103
You sure about that?

http://americablog.com/2013/06/ezekiel-gilbert-prostitute-acquitted-murder.html
>>
>>29944261
He got the drop on you. You did the right thing in not trying to engage and survived to tell the tale.

As stated, this should be a wakeup call to ramp up your situational awareness.

On that note, I need to ramp mine up too.
>work in shitty area
>company policy doesn't allow firearm carry
>been fortunate enough to only encounter panhandlers
>>
>>29944261
Would you rather be riddled with guilt for killing someone over a phone, useless credit card and some wallet change? If you feel like a complete little bitch after walking away inharmed, just imagine how you would feel after killing him.
>>
>>29949632

You forgot the part where you sodomize him with his own gun and then piss on him
>>
>>29944261

Pretty sure you did the right thing anon. If you pulled while the gun was on you he'd of shot. If you shot him in the back you'd be in jail. Sometimes shooting isn't the best thing to do
>>
>>29944428
>haven't worn a watch in years
Maybe I should start again
>>
>>29949838
Shooting in the back is fine, this isn't a fucking western. Just because they turn their back doesn't mean they are not still a threat.
>>
>demands wallet
>s-sure
>reach into pocket with gun
>draw and start shooting as soon as gun clears pocket

Assuming there's no bystanders around that could get hit

Or

>demands wallet
>s-sure
>grab wallet and toss it on the ground
>when he reaches for it draw and shoot
>>
>>29944261
Learn the 5 stages of violent crime.

>Crime and violence are processes that take time to develop. The attack is not the first step, the preliminary triangle must be built. There are five distinct stages that are easily identified:

>1) Intent
>2) Interview
>3) Positioning
>4) Attack
>5) Reaction

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/five_stages.html
>>
>>29944567
>I am ready to take a life to keep on watching dumb shit on TV
>USA, USA!
This guy would dare to call himself free when he's owned by the things he own.
>>
>>29946593
You guys sound like those big gym guys that are all about yeah bruh let's get buff and smash pussy but are all secretly gay and insecure.
>>
>>29944711
This.
>>
>>29945030
>>29944713
Blacks commit more crime, that's a fact. Doesn't mean you should only focus on them though.
>>
>>29944261

Dude, when he's got his piece out, it's way to late to try anything.

Fuck, ths is giving me flashbacks.
>>
>>29949719
they sorta kinda do. take a look at some actual statistics some time
>>
>>29944261
I would have shot him in the back as he left 100 percent. Literally every fucking bullet in my gun would go in to him from head to belly button
>>
>>29944261
Good. Fuck you, pig ameircan. Destroy your ass
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.