[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suppresed for Home Defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: WTF AM I READING.jpg (53 KB, 600x533) Image search: [Google]
WTF AM I READING.jpg
53 KB, 600x533
I'm trying to research suppressed firearms for home defense on my own, but I keep finding two things totally at odds.

First I'll read about how it's such a great idea to use suppressed+subsonic for all the obvious reasons, then I'll read about how subsonic ammo... is terrible for home defense?

Still looking into it myself, just wondering what /k/'s thoughts are.
>>
>>29929993

If you're gonna go suppressed for HD build an 8 inch SBR in .300 blk and suppress that. Otherwise stick with 75gr Hornady TAP.
>>
>>29929993
>just wondering what /k/'s thoughts are.

Suppressed 9mm ar15 or even better, 300blk
>literally what is putting earpro on your rifle's stock
>>
>>29929993
If you want to operate operationally with a suppressed weapon you need subsonic.

If you're just trying to avoid getting the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from firing a few shots in self defense, don't bother reducing your firepower.
>>
>>29930143
if you can build an AR pistol in 5.56 i'm pretty sure you could do it in 300blk
the less nfa shit the better
>>
>>29929993

>Bullets kill by being fast.
>Slow bullets kill not so good.
>HALP I ARE CONFUSED
>>
>>29930143
This. The only reason I'd buy an SBR or .300blk, it's perfect for this single role.
>>
>>29930159
>>29929993
>>29930171
Hey guys.

There's this thing called heavy 9mm or .45 or very heavy 10mm/.40.

Generally referred to as a "subsonic pistol cartridge" They are designed specifically to be lethal at close range due to a high diameter and mass, something that would be prohibitively unaerodynamic in a cartridge designed to be shot further than 100yd.
>>
>>29930168
>>29930216
Why use .300blk though, in subsonic loadings it's basically a tube shaped longer ranged .45 ACP.

Real .45 ACP is going to be more lethal in close quarters.

This is exactly why they tell people not to shoot subsonic .300 at deers.
>>
>>29930249
When you say "real" you just mean compared with 300blk right? You're still talking subsonic though.

230 Grain JHP Subsonic.
>>
>>29930538
>>29930249

These niggas dont know about subsonic 500 grain .45-70.
>>
458 socom, 400gr+ our of a suppressed SBR ar15
>>
>>29930241
And there's this thing called
>pistols fucking suck massive dick for defensive usage and are only used because they're small and easily carried outside the home
Also, 147gr 9mm or >180gr .40/10mm penetrate too deeply and are *even more* likely to exit the house if you miss.

>>29930249
>subsonic .300blk that still expands exists
Hell even a hollowpoint cast bullet will still expand to over .50", offer much better barrier penetration (though this isn't always a good thing), be quieter, and be in a format that you're more likely to actually hit your target with (rifle).
>>
>>29930241
>high diameter
Do you have any idea how calibers work?
>>
>>29929993
It's a good idea if you're using rounds that are naturally sub sonic (9mm 147gr, .45 ACP 230gr, or 300 blk 220gr.) What's a bad idea is using 5.56 sub sonic.

Make sense?
>>
>>29930171
>fast bullets are more lethal
>a .22 is more lethal than a 12 gauge slug

Hi noguns
>>
Use supers.
They not as quiet, but they're still at the threshold for hearing safe for a few rounds and they'll put someone down.
>>
>not using a rifle chambered for .700 nitro for home defense
>suppression
>>
>>29932966
>not using a 20mm Vulcan Anzio for home defense
>not having every inch of your property monitored by CCTV and having reference grid points in every room to know where to shoot through your bedroom wall to hit the intruder

It's like you don't think about these things for hours a day, every day, every, single, day.
>>
>>29932824
I was reading about this round the other night when the thread stopped getting replies. Design commissioned to kill people better when used subsonic and still be compatible with standard equipment.

Appreciate the commentary on 45acp vs 300blk but 458 sounds like the right answer.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.