[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am thinking of getting a Henry big boy in .357 for a range
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: H012-Large.jpg (294 KB, 2460x683) Image search: [Google]
H012-Large.jpg
294 KB, 2460x683
So I am thinking of getting a Henry big boy in .357 for a range toy/plinking cause I figure they are going to be the best quality lever guns on the market under $1,000 over shit like rossi or marlin. Is there any reason why the 20 inch would be better than the 16.5 inch of vice versa? 20 inch holds 3 more rounds and is 7 lbs unloaded. The carbine is like 6.5 lbs. Second how well do they feed .38? I've heard rossi don't feed .38 special easy? Finally what do you think is the best looking finish? I think the steel version looks pretty sweet.
>>
>>29928398
>Henry over Marlin
>ever

Please kys, lever gats without loading gates are cheap fucking garbage.
>>
>>29928398
Ask your gf if she'd like you to have 3.5 more inches.
There's your answer.
>>
>>29928426
>marlin
>not Cimarron
>not puma
>not uberti

Leave
>>
>>29928634
>Implying Marlins are bad
>Implying you're not a tremendous faggot gun hipster
>Implying Winchester action top-eject replicas that aren't actual Winchesters are worth the money
>>
Henry rifles kinda remind me of Kimber 1911s or Springer M1As, but with good qc.

They look flashy, have a recognizable name that isn't actually related to the original(for better or worse), they're a little heavy for my lever gun preference, they aren't made the way they imply etc.

I wouldn't say they're bad guns at all, they just aren't as fantastic as they would have you believe.

Hell they're the only gun manufacturer I see advertised on unrelated TV channels.
>>
>>29928861
The loading mechanism is nice and Cali/Fudd friendly, though.
>>
>>29928861

>aren't made the way they imply

How so?

And also regarding their being a gun manufacturing I thought it was interesting to see a half page Rock Island Auctions ad in the Wall Street Journal a few months ago.
>>
>>29928398
I just picked up 357 with the 20 inch barrel, its pretty fucking sexy
>>
the recoil isn't bad on the 357s, since the rifles are fucking heavy, correct?
reason I ask is because I fucked up my shoulder so high recoil really fucking hurts.
hell, I can't even shoot a 12ga and I have to shoot soft 20ga loads. its bad.
>>
>>29929410

Can you go back to regular loads once your period is over?
>>
>>29929001
I never see gun ads
>>
>>29929410
Not nearly as bad as a 45-70.
But most henry rifles have a hard surface on the butt.
So maybe put some padding on it for comfort.
>>
>>29928398
Are ruger 77/357 any good?

I'm looking for a 357 rifle too.
>>
>>29928398
>Lever Gun in .357
>together with a revolver in .357
the perfect pair
only thing better would be a pair in .44 mag
>>
>>29931665
>Are ruger 77/357 any good?
Yes. A good bit lighter than their lever equivalents too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBVtvr-jqbg

>not using 45-70
>>
>>29928398
Getthe shorter one.
>lighter
>more compact

If u end up walking around with it innawoods, it wont be snagging on anything. If you tie it to side of pack, it wont be sticking above your head so mucj that when you try and duck under a branch it hits. And its very easy to shoulder since most of the weight will be closer to body.

Anon, if youre getting a fancy lever stick with henry or one of the italian brands like uberti or cimmaron. If youre going for practical then switch to marlin or the italian ones.

NEVER get a rossi. Sure they are cheap and work, but they are rough. It costs about half as much as the gun is worth to smooth it out and make it look good.

Tldr
For asthetics get henry or italian brands

P.s.
If you can afford it, get a winchester. Since they were bought out, all of their rifle lines have almost perfect quality control. I shit you not, japanese dont fuck around when it comes to fitting firearms together.
>>
Is .375 mag enough to stop a black bear within 100 yards? I'm debating between a levergun or a slug-loaded shotgun for a woods long arm.
>>
>>29933461
*.357 mag. Typo'd.
>>
>>29933461
http://www.chuckhawks.com/grizzly_cartridges.htm
>>
>>29933529
http://www.chuckhawks.com/firearms_defense_bears.htm
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.