[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Standard Sidearm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: Problem Solver.jpg (6 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
Problem Solver.jpg
6 KB, 256x197
The US armed forces obviously needs a new sidearm, and the hi-point is a great option.
>cheap
>produced by glock
>glock 40
>9mm or .45
>can be used as a hammer
>easily customize-able
>ultra reliable
>known as the AK of pistols
>solves problems
>>
I think they should just go back to 1911s.

Traditional as fug, stylish, and dat stoppan powah
>>
>>29926504
But guns kill people and we don't want to do that ever. We need to be tolerant and accepting of our fellow peaceful Muslim neighbors and such.
Why would we want to kill them ?
>>
You have 10 seconds to justify why the Glock 20 isn't the standard sidearm for the US armed forces.
>>
>>29926535
They already carry grenades right?
>>
File: 10mm.png (528 KB, 582x474) Image search: [Google]
10mm.png
528 KB, 582x474
>>29926535
>>
>>29926504
There is literally no reason for the US Military to not use a Glock 17 or Glock 21. NONE.
>>
>>29926582
MARSOC:
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2015/02/17/glock-19-pistols-approved-for-marsoc-operators/23548847/

and SOCOM:
https://sofrep.com/53591/socom-adopts-glock-19-will-big-army-follow/

already have.
>>
>>29926655
>and SOCOM

*and the rest of SOCOM
>>
>>29926655
>SOFREP

Fuck that. I ain't paying shit to Brandon to read an article.
>>
File: 635597726069755124-1178109.jpg (42 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
635597726069755124-1178109.jpg
42 KB, 534x401
>>29926721
You get the point. How can Berettas even compete?
>>
>>29926721
I think the small fee is to keep the shitposting down. That said, I wouldn't pay for it. I just get why he would charge since if you're paying to be there maybe you'll try not to be a tool.
>>
>>29926504
It's the weight and capacity that needs to be improved, otherwise pretty useful and cheap to make for standard issue
>>
>>29927405
Webb is a fucking shill who lies about his service, buys 30k watches while he doesn't pay his writers, the Hillary of the SOF community
>>
Service pistols should be select fire and have a stock that is also the holster. 30 round magazines standard. Black mag floor plates for ap ammo and white plates for hollow points
>>
why not a machine pistol as a standard sidearm for say, pilots/tankers?
how about the G19?
>light, pretty reliable
>glock would fucking love the contract and probably cut us a deal
>not shit like the M9
>still 9mm so no caliber conversion shit
>select fire so you can go full retard if need be
>not gonna get caught on clothes since no hammer or anything
and this is coming from a guy who fucking hates glocks.
as for the regular old fuck, why not a hi-power modified to milspec and hardened so it doesn't break?
>based off 1911 so it feels good
>glorious JMB design
>9mm so no caliber conversion
>easy to use
>not shit like the M9
>american company and american made gun
>browning would totally cut us a deal because freedom
if only barrett made a pistol
>>
>>29927540
>Machine pistol
>Not a PDW 9mm Colt CAR-15 or the already issued GUU-5/P
>>
>>29927583
a machine pistol would be better because each man can carry one and always have it in his holster, not in a rack on the vehicle.
however, tank crew PDWs better than the greasegun would be nice
>>
>>29927540
Nah tankers should get a proper PDW like the P90 or MP5K. Pilots should probably be issued with a pistol and survival rifle.
>>
>>29927514
Excited for 9th grade?
>>
>>29927514

Modernised m712?
>>
>>29927540
If the Hi Power was made our official sidearm, I would weep tears of joy.
(Shit if an American company just produced 'em domestically for the commercial market at a non-astronomical price, I'd weep tears of joy.)

Sadly,
>>29926582
is right. At least as far as I can tell.
I don't hate Glocks, I kinda like Glocks, I'm just as hell of the smug Glockfags in the world shitting on every other pistol ever made cuz "muh perfection".
>>
>>29927514
assuming you're legitimate and not a troll or retarded;
>service pistols should be select fire
eh, I can kinda give you that one. use the G19 as a base.
>stock that is the holster
first of all, why? they already have rifles, a sidearm is the "oh shit" gun. doesn't need a stock.
second off, how?
how the fuck would you make it work?
>30 round mags standard
those things are retarded long, even in 9mm. way too big to effectively put in a pouch or on a vest, also, you're not clearing rooms with this thing, no need for that many rounds.
a sidearm is only used to get you to your rifle.
>ap/hollowpoints
AP ammo would be useless against who we're fighting, or any enemy for that matter.
just goes through people and doesn't do shit. worthless.
>hollowpoints
those are banned, use of them would be a war crime
please research/think before you post.
>>
>>29926521
go back to watching band of brothers retard
>>
>The US armed forces obviously needs a new sidearm

It does not. The common soldiers' sidearm is probably the last thing an army should consider upgrading. That money could almost always be better spent elsewhere.
>>
>>29927811
this

no one uses them except PMO and SNCOs, it's pointless.
>>
>Give soldiers who would otherwise only carry a rifle a problem solver so they can shoot their feet
>>
File: hi-point.jpg (35 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
hi-point.jpg
35 KB, 750x600
looked for hi point at google, found this
>>
I thought they were phasing out sidearms and only issuing the M4?
>>
>>29926504
>cheap
>Implying US military gives a fuck about price.
>>
select-fire m-950, but in a bottlenecked cartridge

You'd never have to reload!
>>
File: m950.jpg (91 KB, 600x304) Image search: [Google]
m950.jpg
91 KB, 600x304
>>29927881
>>
>>29927894
[jamming intensifies]
>>
>>29927894
Yeah, and the rounds should contain powdered ribs.
>>
>>29927940
Powdered ribs for powdered libs.
>>
>>29926504
Idea: Soldiers should be able to choose what handgun they want to use as a sidearm from a list of pistols approved by the military.
>>
>>29927975
>a list of pistols approved by the military.
or they could just choose whatever they think is the best and if they get hurt due to their own retardation, that's their problem.
also I'd really like to watch some dude remove taliban with a SAA
>>
>>29927975

that just further complicates the supply chain, logistics, training, manual of arms, etc...

military procurement is never about what works. it's about who can deliver the most product at the lowest price in the shortest amount of time.

why do you think beretta won the pistol trials in the 80's when the sig was the all around better weapon?
>>
>>29927794
US isn't signed to Hauge Convention against expanding rounds. Real militaries wear body armor. Ball ammo might as well be used on your self instead of the enemy.
>>
>>29927975
>>29928044
What's the deal with personal weapons in the military?

Patton of course had his famous ivory handled revolvers (he even got kills with em). Jeff Cooper brought his own pistols with him on his deployment, a SAA and a 1911 he won in a shooting match. I remember reading about 'Nam vets having guns shipped to them from their family; heard at least a handful of them toted S&W M29's.

I'd imagine nowadays this sort of thing would be absolutely verboten. When did it change and why?
>>
>>29928044
If I were allowed to bring my personal AK and 1911 I'd actually consider joining the military
>>
>>29928135
well, you can't take it to an armorer when shit breaks, you have no support for ammo from the military, and run the risk of making you less combat effective than those with standard issue sidearms.
>>29928119
confirmed bait
>>
>>29928164
Yeah, I think the guys back in tha day were pretty much on their own as far as maintenance, repair, and supply for their perosnal weapons, and they were still responsible for their issued equipment, but they were permitted to bring their own stuff. Nowadays I don't think that's allowed any more. Can anyone confirm? And when did that change?
>>
>>29926521
It's also complicated to takedown which is not what the modern military is about.
>>
>>29928135
Because current military is retarded and soldiers buying their own gear gets crusty old sgm's and officers all butthurt because the gear they issue is straight garbage. That and the army is now full of women and men that act like women, so joe cant shoot mudslimes with his own gun because someone might be offended.
>>
>>29927514
>hollow points

I'll take War Crimes for $400, Alex.
>>
>>29928561
The US isn't signed to that document from the 19th century.

Which was written in a different age for a different kind of warfare.
>>
>>29926504

I guess you could say..

You've *triggered* all of us.
>>
>>29926535
Because DA/SA is superior when it comes to teaching idiots to use handguns.
>>
>>29927874

Implying they don't?

It's gonna sound like I'm laughing at you, but I'm not. I promise.
>>
>>29927989

>that's their problem

One soldier's problem becomes the whole squad's problem.
>>
>>29928914
first trigger pull is 15 pounds and an inch long.

all triggers afterwards until you decock are 5 pounds and 1/8th an inch.

some teaching tool.
>>
>>29929144
>thinks da/sa is complicated and no one but him will be able to understand how it works.

Alright students, these pistols are Sa/Da, that means the first trigger pull has to cock the hammer before it will fire. As such, the trigger pull will be longer and harder on the first shot.

There. Explained to students. This shit ain't hard.
>>
File: 1462001667786.jpg (101 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1462001667786.jpg
101 KB, 600x400
What they need to do is introduce the G Conversion to all M9's.

There is literally no reason why you should have a manual safety/decocker on a DA/SA short of preventing retard pogs from shooting themselves.
>>
>>29927761
China made one.
>>
>>29926504
Man, you've gotta hand it to the hi-point marketers. Those guys can really brainwash their clientele.
>>
>>29926504
OP I know this was meant to piss me off but you made me smile
>>29926521
>>29928436
these tbhfamalam
>>29927975
We aren't Imperial Japan you ninny.
>>
>>29929645
That's a beretta 92a1, exquisite firearm!
Btw that pic is from the Wilson Combat website
>>
>>29929447
Look, I'm going to assume from your sarcasm that you're a reasonably intelligent person. For the sake of the discussion, assume I am too.
That's part of the problem. It's hard to fathom how dumb individuals can be. Lets say you said exactly what you said to a group of idiots.

>Alright students, these pistols are Sa/Da, that means the first trigger pull has to cock the hammer before it will fire. As such, the trigger pull will be longer and harder on the first shot.

>"Wait so I don't have to cock the hammer?"
>Half of them are snickering cause you said cock, longer, and harder.
>"Mine ain't working, sarge, I pulled the trigger nothing happened" (you never told them to rack the slide after loading a magazine)
>"Mine broken, fuck dis sheet"
>"My mag fell out"
>"Which safety on?"

I could go on all day. It's not as easy to teach a moron as you think.
>>
Glock 37 should be the sidearm. .45 GAP is a helluva round
>>
>>29927540
>M9 is shit
way to be part of the misinformation circlejerk anon. They don't work because the military treats them like absolute shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-mtgYhNl58
>>
>>29926582
The lack of any manual external safeties, which has always been a big deal for the military. I know every one here is a super l337 "this is my safety" oper8r or whatever, but the military is full of retards just waiting to ND. The need for an external safety is just the Army covering it's own ass so Joe Shmoe can't turn around on them when he blows his own toe off.
>>
>>29929645
When nobody is getting sleep because of mortar attacks of actual, face to face contact, a lot of people turn into retards.

I own a 92.

The safety/decocker adds options. Don't want to use it? leave it off. It"s a combat pistol, not a CC piece. It should, y all rights, be in a retention holster where it won't be accidentally engaged.
>>
>>29931208
>tfw you conceal carry a beretta 92
>>
>>29927771
The Uk just swapped the last of their Hp's for the glock 17, as a sidearm its too dated now.
>>
M9 is a great gun, but I agree it's a bit dated
>>
>>29926504
The Glock 80 is like, twice as good tho
>>
>>29932217
>M9 is dated
>Half the people in the thread want the 1911 back

Pick one.
>>
>>29931253
my "friend" concealed mine when he stole it from me. got his ass busted for it. it was glorious.
>>
>>29928164

What about the guys who weren't issued a handgun? They should be able to take one of whatever they want, register it as theirs so they can take it home, and use it until it breaks imo. They're allowed to take personal belongings
>>
>>29926582
No safety.

>inb4 dumbasses thinking the split trigger bullshit counts
>>
>>29932583

*other personal belongings
>>
>>29926542
underrated.
>>
>>29927940
I thought it was Kerry's Thompson Contender that had his powdered rib rounds?
Nice reference either way.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.