[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I'm re enlisting in the USMC tomorrow with a lateral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: FB_IMG_1463077727182.jpg (190 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463077727182.jpg
190 KB, 960x960
Hey /k/
I'm re enlisting in the USMC tomorrow with a lateral move to 0311.
Any tips/material for a boot cpl before I get to the fleet as an infantryman.
>>
>>29923851
Hurry up and wait and clean those rocks.
>>
>>29923851
>re enlisting
>as infantry

Why? Like seriously you've been in already and you pick rifleman. it's like you want to get fucked up the ass all the time.
>>
>>29923893
I didn't join to be POG side. I'm in a battalion so I know what the infantry goes through, I'd rather be out getting dirty and shooting shit than sit behind a desk. It's one of those life moments where if I don't do it I will regret it for the rest of my life. I already know it's going to suck.
>>
>>29923851
I never understood this should of just did it the first time.

I was an 0311. you're going to have to go through SOI ITB with all the boots because you're going Infantry and that's our MOS school. You'll get treated a little better because you're a pog corporal, the instructors won't fuck fuck game you like they do us boots (cleaning barracks, rifles for 5 hours) but you have to complete all hikes, classes, training, and PT.

The boots will look up to you, don't be too dickish the SOI instructors are taking care of that.

Your MOS isn't guaranteed. They decide that at ITB but since you're lat moving you can most likely choose assuming you got the scores (0351 like math nerds).

It matters more when you hit your unit. Yeah you're an e4 but there's e3's under you far more experienced so don't show up like you know it all. Act like a 2nd Lt who listens to his NCOs.

If thread doesn't die I'll tell some Sgt. Linehan stories. He was a pog Sgt that went through us with it with a giant 666 tatooed on his back and called off Satanic cadences during our moto run. Nice guy.
>>
>>29923851

You should do an open-ended contract.

Also, get a Marines tat on your arm before you go in, it shows that you're 100% on board and not some washout.
>>
>>29923964
Thank you for the info. I'd love to hear some of those stories.
>>
>>29924105
I went through with 3 Sgt's lat moving. One I'll call Sgt. Try hard (skinny 5'8 douche Elijah Woods body). One who reminded of me of Max Paine. and then good old Sgt. Linehan.

Pretty in shape, always nice. When the Instructors were gone he'd always sit on the floor and tell us we could too because he was (its the small things that count).

Anyways at the end of ITB we do a thing called the "3 day war" where you dig a fighting hole and basically simulate a battle experience where you're mostly sleep deprived. Sgt. Linehan got bored and made a ghillie suit and crawled around to each fighting hole offering us chocolate chip cookies from his MRE pouch at 3 am.

When we did our moto 5 mile at SOI graduation our instructors ran out of Cadence so Sgt. linehan said he had some:

>Take it on the left shoe, even if you don't want too
TAKE IT
>I got it

>Got the Devil inside me with the 666
Company repeats
>gonna go to hajji land and kill me a bitch!

Then something like
>when my grandma turned 63 my Grandpa let me fuck her for free
>when my grandma turned 64 grandpa said I could fuck her one time more
>when my grandpa turned 69, we dug grandma up and fucked her ass one last time

He got booted out but it was pretty hilarious listening to 100 guys scream about being possessed and fuckimg their grandma's. I met him 2 years later at All Asad and he told me he could get me meth if I wanted it... Now it all made sense.
>>
>>29924469
Lmfao that grandma one. Definitely sounds like a cool guy.
>>
>>29923851
well you are at least lucky that there arent any more combat deployed lances around because we had a two Sgts and two Cpls show up after we got back and we fucked with them hard.

Pro 03 tips
>be modest and humble
understand that someone with less rank may have more knowledge on a subject than you
>be prepared to be fucked with for being a POG
it will happen, we make fun of each other for anything we can, if you are a hick, black, mexican, dumb, a nerd. so for you POG will be something they bring up. dont get butthurt about it
>dont get butthurt
saying that again. nothing fans the flames of a shitstorm then someone showing that it is getting to them. it will only get worse.
>if you have a applicable non 03 MOS bring it to the table for some cross training or to make crack deals with shops so your guys can get shit

uhhhh thats like all i can think of. just remember you are fucking stupid for going 11. like seriously. shoulda been a 31
>>
File: 1449368181084.jpg (40 KB, 552x828) Image search: [Google]
1449368181084.jpg
40 KB, 552x828
>>29924974
I'm the other 03 in thread. Why be a machine gunner nigger?

Not saying it's bad, just not better.
>>
>>29924974
Thank you for the tips. I was originally going 0352 but it closed out. I'm already expecting to be treated like a boot up until I catch on and deploy.
>>
>>29923976
This, also get a tattoo of dog tags around your neck and get a high and tight
>>
>>29925121
I'm assuming I should also excessively use "oohrah" and buy a mustang.
>>
File: 1387940426501.jpg (45 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1387940426501.jpg
45 KB, 480x640
>>29925100
1. you get to fuck with machine guns. but from my experience 11s tend to be alot dumber/immature 31s have some sense in their head. if not 'sense' then just more situationtional awareness. now ive met piece of shit 31s and amazing 11s id follow anywhere even if the frago was "we going over there, cause thats where they are"
>>
As a POG 03xx (security forces get dual billet) I've seen a shit load of NCOs go to the fleet. My word of advice is immediately apply for AIT, and as long as you're not a shit ass, you'll do fine. Pay attention to what your billeted marines are telling you, and pick their brain for as much knowledge as you can get.

My real advice is don't reup you dumb mother fucker, there's easier ways of killing brown people.
>>
>>29925121
>>29925161
/k/ really hates marines.
are they all armyfags?
>>
>>29925161
Marry a fat hooker if you haven't already
>>
>>29925117
The thing is you'll be put as a fire team leader most likely. If an e5 sometimes squad leader. We used to get FAST platoon cunts all the time. Guys put in charge who are lost in the sauce.

Grunts cutting scores to rank up is hard. People who lat move basically cheat the system. You got your rank much easier by comparison. Like other guy said most e3's aren't going to be salt sog combat vets who would openly defy you... But I wouldn't go pissing them off either.

Seen an e-5 call an e-3 a bitch and got knocked the fuck out. He was a lat move Sgt. Nothing came of it because e5 guy realized he was in the wrong. Act like a punk get treated like one.
>>
File: hump.jpg (102 KB, 950x630) Image search: [Google]
hump.jpg
102 KB, 950x630
>>29925117

dont be afraid to take charge of shit when they give you the chance though. dont be all buddy buddy with the lances all the time. its a fine line and it sucks cause yea you are the "boot" but at the same time its like "ok bro you did a UDP, awesome" just find a good Sgt/Cpl and pick his brain. i know its cliche, but do it. if you see that there is one particular team/squad leader that just everyone knows is the water walker. then just ask him shit. i hate when weve gotten people that come in and just GP it up, or sit there and think they can get by bullshitting. as a NCO they will probably slate you for AIC ASAP. and you will need to get spun up fast on what to do. orders, landnav, patrol shit so get on that stuff

also you better really fucking be lat moving. this is like good ass shit im dropping here. also be prepare for like alot of racist shit to be said like...all the time. i call everyone in my plt a nigger every day.
>>
>>29925201
hey? was that a black sgt and was a air winger. then got sent to the armory?
>>
>>29925170
0331's are usually the big dumb guys.

And I had plenty of weapons buddies. Don't try to act superior. Mount my fucking my 240 and get over yourself, boot.
>>
>>29925238
I'm already studying just so I'm prepared and can get caught up as quick as possible. How hard is the advanced course?
>>
>>29925274
yea i totally lorded over you telling you how much better we are. then nothing positive was said about any 11 ever, and i just shit all over your phantom fury 1 and 2 deployment. and bitch...dont ever say its your gun again. ill have you dig me a fucking fighting position then kick you out once youre done because my guys need it.
>>
>>29925264
Actually a black guy punched a white guy.

I'm white. E3 black guy was justified.

E5 yelled at him walking away, "yeah, you better walk away... Bitch"
E3 turned around and decked him, he crumbles
He yells "yeah, THAT just happened!"
E3 asks him if he has anything else to say
E5/wimps his ass into room

It was a Tuesday IIRC, got intoxicated that's what the taxpayers expect from me.
>>
>>29925325
the PT in the school house can be fun/suck at the same time, ALOT of order writing, and hikes. but honestly like they say its almost all mental and not letting yourself get over whelmed
>>
>>29925360
ok, i was going to say that we know some of the same people. glad to see some real ass niggas still checkng some punk ass NCOs
>>
>>29923851
Dude just buy the Tshirt.
>>
>>29925341
A real marine who wasn't a complete shit would never argue with a fellow grunt marine. Or dick measure.

You're either fake or gay or never did shit. Shut up faggot.
>>
>>29925382
LMAO! a grunt would never do that?...are you fucking serious? thats all we fucking do. if someone says "i can run faster than you" you race. if someone says "i can beat you" you grapple....right...or have you not been in that long.
>>
>>29925420
I guess I've been out so long I'm not used to talking to boots.

What's your unit Marine? I EAS'd 5 years ago.
>>
>>29925444
hold on let me find my CO's phone number so you can call him about the guy on the internet talking shit.
>>
>>29925507
Nice deflection you fucking shower shoe.

Congratulations you're a boot in the corps and a newfag on 4chan.
>>
>>29923914
Jesus you're slurping that kool aid huh
>>
>>29925539
deflection of what? what fucking unit im in? yea bro, thats what im gonna post on fucking 4chan of all places. im sure whatever awesome stuff you did was so cool that you could tell war stories for days about afghan, or maybe about being in POG ass iraq in 2010 who knows? i got my CAR and deployments in so IDGAF
>>
>>29925548
I'm intentionally drinking the koolaid. Doesn't bother me.
>>
>>29925814
Lmao OK buddy. You're a shit stain boot. probably a tan belt. Your unit probably sucks taint and youve been "deployed" to Japan on a MEU.
>>
>>29923914
You say all this now and then will realize you goofed.
>>
>>29925893
Nailed it man, you got me dead to rights. I'm sure everything you are saying is also 100% truthful. Only thing is that I have a tan tab on my tan belt. Get it right
>>
>>29924469
I don't know of that's cool or crazy.
>>
>>29923851
Why is that man sitting on some poor yokals sexy toy?
>>
File: 1447040619835.gif (496 KB, 180x208) Image search: [Google]
1447040619835.gif
496 KB, 180x208
>>29925893
How do you find time between posting on facebook and sucking green weenie to shitpost on 4chins?
>>
>>29928678
It's easy. I don't have a FB. That is for women.

And the corps broke it's dick off in my ass a long time ago.

Now your excuse?
>>
>>29923851
>POG going to infantry
>As a NCO
I could make a sitcom outta that idea.
>>
>>29928804
Different dick, same deal w/facebook. This is my second post today though.
>>
>>29928839
Good for you. I'll shitpost you into the next millennium. Then walk onto Electric Avenue.
>>
File: 1458851727248.jpg (44 KB, 430x294) Image search: [Google]
1458851727248.jpg
44 KB, 430x294
>>29928894
Hard to do when I'm gone friendo. Closing the tab and never coming back
>>
>>29928998
Wow, you're missed. OK bye fag stay gone.
>>
>>29925179
USMC is like the douchey frat bro of the DOD. They aren't all bad, but god forbid you get stuck at one of their installations overnight.
>>
be army vet.
>read post
>sip warm tea
>oh look the squids babies are fighting as per the usual
>chuckle

you boys have fun now lmfao
>>
>>29925893
>marines
>"deploying" to Japan
>entire branch confirmed for one big POG
>>
>>29929092
Not him, but you obviously missed the joke.
Killing yourself is always an option.
>>
Does uh

does that guy maybe want a magazine?
>>
>>29923851
run a train on every female marine
>>
>>29929085
Be former marine.

Read obnoxious bullshit. Lulz have fun. Army Strong.
>>
>>29929085
>>29929229

I bet the Marine guy wins the fist fight. But who can rap battle the Best?
>>
>>29929293
Just let them be. /k/ already scares a lot of vets away. From what I understand this is just joking to them. If the boys want to fight then let them.
>>
How are corpsmen treated in marine units? I've been blue all my time in the navy, thinking of switching over.
>>
File: infantry.png (56 KB, 1562x638) Image search: [Google]
infantry.png
56 KB, 1562x638
infantry you say?
>>
>>29930056
once heard a story about one; he had just been assigned to a marine unit and they were at a bar when a fight broke out & two biggest marines were assigned as his personal bodyguards for the duration of the fun, another story was that a corpsman had a GF over in the barracks, she was suppsoed to leavye by 2300, she didn't and snuk out in the morning, the papers said she had signed out at 2300 precisely.
>>
I kind of moved from a POG -unit to infantry in Finnish Army, I had been trained as a comm private during my mandatory service, and after two years in reserves I was talked into joining a volunteer reserve unit (an infantry company trained to do MP -shit on the side), at first I expected to end up in the command platoon working with communications, instead I was told I'd be trained as radio-operator for Forward observer team & got cross-trained as forward observer.
>>
>>29930056
From what I've gathered on /k/, they are treated VERY well if they aren't shitbaggers. They are coveted among marines, protected.

Also someone had a greentext about a guy who was tired of giving IVs to drunk marines so he started charging in cash, sometimes buttsex. Many buttsex was had.
>>
>>29930668
You mean maakuntajoukot?
>>
>>29931362
yes
>>
Had 3 MT ncos in my soi class when they were giving out bonuses in 2005ish
One was a Sgt
Two were cpls
Sgt only got mad at us when the 1st sgt yelled at all the ncos even the instructors because wpns platoon had a dirty general clean up because some soi trainee had a bunch of unsecured food and mice got into the wpns bay. So 1st sgt bitched out all the ncos and the whole company paid for wpns platoons fuck up

The two cpls basically left us alone to do their own shit (352s) i think so they were always freaking out about the math or something.

One of the Cpls picked up sgt in the middle of it so you know how that goes. They gave him a bunch of jobs to gain experence and he had to play the game by being "assertive" so he would yell at us all the time but if he didn't have to he wouldn't.
>>
Thank you all for your services.
>>
>>29930500
no keks?
>>
>>29930500
still no reactions?
>>
I got a 95 on my ASVAB and am going Marines, what job would you guys recommend? Also, just out of curiosity whats the minimum score for infantry?
>>
>>29935204
probably along the lines of "don't eat the eraser & don't try to have sex with the chair you're sitting on"
>>
>>29935204
31 I believe. I went Infantry with a mid 90's asvab. Back then you could get an asvab waiver. My buddy was one, he's street smart just book dumb.

I wouldn't recommend Infantry in these days tho. Do something you like, save your money, and then get a degree with your GI Bill if your pog job doesn't translate to a good job.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.