[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kind of a dumb question but has there been any time that a western
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 641x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 641x340
Kind of a dumb question but has there been any time that a western police force has been issued actual proper explosive anti-personal grenades?

I mean I'm not even gonna bother to ask some Ruski or Arab 'law enforcement' used them at some point but how about the civilised world?
>>
The ATF tosses them into dog cages
>>
>>29921348
I don't know I was a military grenade slinger, but I don't think they have the full retard grenades we have. Probably shouldn't either.
>>
>>29921436
Okay, I don't suppose you have a link?

Just interesting if they had actual frags needs rather than the usual misappropriated flash bangs and breaching charges

>29921449
Thanks
>>
File: DM 51.jpg (38 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
DM 51.jpg
38 KB, 420x315
>>29921348
The german Border Police BGS used anti-personal grenades during the cold war as well as machine guns and anti-tank weapons. Thus their use had to be approved by the interior minister. They still keep their mgs, I donĀ“t know about the grenades though.

The laws allowing the german police to use grenades still exist, for example mentioned in Art. 61 Abs. 4 Satz 1 of the bavarian police law. It states that allowed weapons for police use are: baton, revolver, pistol, long gun, sub-machine gun, machine guns and hand grenades.
>>
>>29922363
Okay cool thanks.

Considering they were on the west German boader but I can't help but suspect they were intended to be an army in all but name in case the Reds tried anything.
>>
Technically russian internal troops are police. See Checnya, they even have tanks.
>>
>>29922691
Ha, well no surprise there.

A lot of the example seem like the capital police in Jin Ron, I.e. military in police uniforms mainly to get around constitutional limits.

Of course regular old police tear gas banned in warfare ironically enough.
>>
>>29921348
My local Sheriff department has a 40mm launcher, but only for tear gas.
>>
>>29921348
>Kind of a dumb question but has there been any time that a western police force has been issued actual proper explosive anti-personal grenades?

How fucking dumb are you? You do realize glocks have a large presence in the leo market right?
>>
>>29922651
BGS were paramilitary, yes. GSG-9 were (and still are) part of them. QUite a few other paramilitary police units around in Europe. Italy's got the Carabinieri, France has the Gendarmes (which still operate freakin' armored scout cars with 90mm cannons!) and so on.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.