[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Navy’s New Missile Jammer Passes Critical Design Review (SEWIP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: ANSLQ32.jpg (46 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ANSLQ32.jpg
46 KB, 800x600
The Navy and Northrop Grumman just took a major step forward on defending ships from enemy missiles. Northrop announced this afternoon it had passed a Critical Design Review (CDR) for a new jamming and spoofing system for Navy warships, Block III of the Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program (SEWIP, rhymes with Cool-Whip).

> It’s this subsystem that causes enemy missiles to go off-target and splash harmlessly into the water instead of slamming unto a US Navy ship at hundreds of miles per hour and then exploding.

>The new Block III design can jam all ranges of frequencies including frequencies that don't match existing profiles.

>breakingdefense.com/2016/05/navys-new-jammer-passes-critical-design-review-sewip-block-iii/

Looks like they haven't figured out to how power/cool it, but the actual system of downing missiles has passed review.

I imagine stuff like this which can easily be put on most ships, if effective, will be the future of protecting assets on the sea like carriers.

Any /k/ommandos out there know anything about this system or the Block II? Is this shit 20 years away from being in service? 10?
>>
>>29917432
>Is this shit 20 years away from being in service? 10?

Try a year, less if the Navy starts feeling a really urgent need for it. The design is done, the only work left is integrating it into the various ship classes the Navy intends to operate it on. Compared to designing the system itself this is a cakewalk. Expect the Block III to be in widespread service within 2 years, and virtually USN ships to be equipped with it within 5 years.
>>
File: file.png (572 KB, 717x1000) Image search: [Google]
file.png
572 KB, 717x1000
>>29917432
What kind of targeting systems do China and Russia's anti-ship missiles have?

Radar, or thermal? Computer vision?

Are there any that operate with no radio link? Is this thing just jamming radios, or just blasting the micro processors of the missiles with EM to take them over?

Also, I love the phallic imagery of this weapon. It makes the missiles of our enemies go limp and die.
>>
>>29917432
RIP: china and russia's naval tactics
>>
File: HERPADERP retarded bomb.png (297 KB, 1692x867) Image search: [Google]
HERPADERP retarded bomb.png
297 KB, 1692x867
>>29917432
But can it stop retarded weapons...?
>>
>>29917759
A variety of things. All of this information is probably even on wikipedia.
>>
CHICOM/RIDF, please redpill me on this technological development.
>>
>>29917980

yea go ahead and shoot down a couple missiles be ready for the other 90 missiles burger
>>
>>29917781
You're doing it wrong. Try this:

CHINKABOOS AND SLAVSHITS BTFO! DUNG FAG 21 AND GRANIT USELESS PAPERWEIGHTS! USA SHALL GROW STRONGER!

Got it?
>>
Is it like the Ukrainian Kashtan-3M found on Admiral Gorshkov?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOsprsAh_KU
>>
>>29920113
Not even a little bit.
>>
>>29919714
the 35 that actually launch and the 20 that actually work well enough to get near the target will be handled just fine

nobody fears chinese manufacturing.
>>
>>29921248

>posted on computer made in china
>on desk made in china
>in clothes made in china

top kek
>>
>>29919714
>Shoot down
>Doesn't even understand what SEWIP is

Like pottery
>>
File: 052C jammer.jpg (1 MB, 1600x2222) Image search: [Google]
052C jammer.jpg
1 MB, 1600x2222
>>29917432
Welcome to the 21st century, America.

These Jammers were on Chinese ships since the early 2000s.
>>
>>29921261
They've already got AN/SLQ-32, this is just an upgrade.

Sit down, fiddy.
>>
File: 092534hpn5edvr85qmm88k.jpg (694 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
092534hpn5edvr85qmm88k.jpg
694 KB, 2048x1365
Monopulse seeker >>> any Ameripig jammer in the world.
>>
>>29921261
>>29921322
Did gookmoot lift the rangeban on chinks? Or was it the great firewall that kept them out but it crumbled somehow?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 470x313
>>29917432
Man I sure would hate to be an enemy Missile right now.

I mean your whole purpose your existence is to explode when you reach your target. But to be denied even that? Imagine what that would feel like?
>>
>>29921328
chinks were never rangebanned.

they just kept away because google's captcha didnt work for them.

but those that have the pass, could always post.
>>
>>29921366
Orgasmic. If you are a certain type of missile who is into denial.
>>
>>29921261
Impressive

Truly only indigenous Chinese military technology can provide state of the art defense that even America can only be jealous of.
>>
>>29921466
>chinks thinking ship borne jammers are new
How does it feel finally entering the 2000s?
>>
>>29921322
>thinking monopulse is unjammable
Doesn't you have some human feces oil fry your piss eggs in?
>>
>>29917895
Google gives me nothing! I need moar sauce on this thing.
>>
File: 1439450647755.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1439450647755.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
MUH JAMMER SHIELD SHIP IS INVINCIBLE
>ASM switches to IR
>Ded ship
>>
>>29917432

Also

>spoofing

What does this mean in the context of jamming? Can we spoof missile signatures or something on hostile detection systems?
>>
JAMMERS DON'T WORK EXCEPT FOR RUSSIAN AND CHINESE
DECOYS DON'T WORK EXCEPT FOR RUSSIAN AND CHINESE

How every slavboo or chinkboo argues
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.