[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just noticed the great emu wars were actually real. So.. what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: emu.png (56 KB, 840x836) Image search: [Google]
emu.png
56 KB, 840x836
I just noticed the great emu wars were actually real.

So.. what the fuck? How the fuck could Australia loose?

Why didn't they anything else but Lewis guns? Gas? Bombs? Something else?

What the fuck, Australia?
>>
File: what the hell.jpg (22 KB, 320x352) Image search: [Google]
what the hell.jpg
22 KB, 320x352
>>29914241

Bumping with some hard facts.
>>
Probably just ran out of ammo or had catastrophic stoppages in both guns.
>Why didn't they anything else but Lewis guns? Gas? Bombs? Something else?
In was in the middle of the depression. People were starving. They couldn't afford gas or bombs.
>>
Straya
Some random local politician wants to up himself by getting the army (actually a local militia between ww1&2) to machinegun an emu plague.
On a big flat plain, emus run away as you try to traverse vickers gun at them.
>emu war
Just a dumb political stunt, like building a mexican wall, or pretending they are syrian refugees.
>local boys go out and shoot gunz at emus, get paid anyway, buy beers, whythefucknot
>>
>>29914411
>>29914376

that's not the point, i was asking how the fuck they could shoot such a ridicolous amount of rounds without eradicating at least a bigger part of that emu flock. I mean, what the fuck?
>>
File: 1442355134378.jpg (125 KB, 847x960) Image search: [Google]
1442355134378.jpg
125 KB, 847x960
>>29914429
Serpentine patterns
>>
>>29914429
Emus scatter and they run fast. They were probably already bolting before they opened fire. They also aren't as big a target as you might think, spindly legs and neck.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (26 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
26 KB, 470x313
>>29914429
Emus are spindly long leg birds with about 1foot thick bush of feathers and golfball sized brain so actually small vital areas.
Strayan open plains mean they can run around fast
Vickers gun on tripod is slow to traverse, designed to mow down advancing hordes of colonial dindus
>>
>>29914473

But it's a flock. The war happened because a flock of 20k Emus was raiding the land.

I've been thinking about all that, also that emus are big ass birds, and birds have multiple layers of fat on them.

But still, an incredible amount of ammo has been used against them. There should have been more dead birds.
>>
>>29914429
Probably kept half the ammo, sold it down the pub
Everybody had cheap .303s
>>
>>29914499
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War
Actually read the article. In the case in question (the 12+ casualties one), there were only approximately 50 birds present. It wasn't just a big herd of 20000, they had broken into small roaming groups by that point.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.