[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard is it to get a m1/m2 carbine? Anyone know the price
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
How hard is it to get a m1/m2 carbine? Anyone know the price ranges or any other information/suggestions?
>>
>>29913691
New or Repro? Auto Ordnance makes them.
>>
>>29913710
It would depend on how big of a price difference for me
>>
>>29913710
Are auto ordinance m1's any good? I am considering getting one, they have a california legal one so I am assuming I can get it (from Long Island)
>>
you can make a (visual) replica one out of a 10/22 if thats all you can get
>>
>>29913823
I only have one AO product, and it's the tits.
>>
You can get an original for not a whole lot more than Auto Ordinance sells them for. I got my National Postal Meter one for like 750 at a gun show, although I'm not sure if it's even legal to have an original in your cuck state.

As for an M2, don't count on it. I do know a guy that used to be State Police (like in the 60s-70s) that said he carried one in his trunk while he was a cop, but that was way back when and he said it's long gone now.
>>
ammo is retarded hard to find for it, i saw some at a gun show for like 80c a round.
if you do get one, reload.
if you do reload, find some way to catch the brass so the extractor/ejector doesn't launch it into space or totally fuck it.
>>
Does anyone know anything about Inland Manufacturing?

Just learned they were making M1 carbines as well as a few other old military guns.
>>
>>29913885
If it's the same inland from ww2 (inland division) they're literally the standard. The Springfield in 1903, the Colt in m16.

But it could be a bunch of clows cashing in on the old name like Springfield armory
>>
>>29914106

it isn't the same inland, somebody just bought the rights to the inland name.

>>29913885

inrange just did a pretty good review of the inland M1, basically the quality puts it somewhere above a universal, but not quite a james river armory, and doesn't warrant the price they command.
>>
>>29913691
Why? They're pretty shit.
.30 carbine is a terrible round and pointlessly expensive
There are handguns more accurate, and that's not an issue of the .30 caliber.

I own two, a later Winchester and an earlier something else with the flat bolt.

The one thing I like about them is they're pretty simple to maintain, and in my experience more reliable than a 1911 from the same era.
>>
>>29913882
>le .30 carbine is hard to find meme
They sell it at cabelas for like 50 cents. Literally go to any non-hole in the wall shop and they have it
>>
>>29914163
>>29913691
Looks like they make some 9mm replicas.
If you're OK with a replica, take it from someone who owns the real .30 calibers, you're probably better off with that. More options.

Call me when they make a .357 magnum conversion kit somehow.

>>29914179
>50 cents
>weaker than cheaper handgun rounds
>less accurate than my .45 compact
Not him but I don't like these things for a reason.
>>
>>29914139

So James river is the way to go?

Also, better to buy new or milsurp?

Was looking to get my wife something for home defense/shtf and really like how light it is. She struggles to aim with most rifles I have while standing.
>>
>>29914215

>less accurate than .45
Bullshit

>weaker than handgun rounds

>.30 carbine- 1311 J
>.357 mag- 731-1087 J
>.45 acp- 561-835 J
>>
>>29914215
>less acurrate than a compact .45
Literal bullshit unless your shooting a carbine with a muzzle wear of 1000000000
>>
>>29914231
You can get a Milsurp for less than a JRA if you look around
>>
>>29914272
>LOL Joules
.357 can house a much heavier slug and still match or exceed the velocity with a shorter barrel. They're close, but .357 is more available, better supported, etc. Aside from the rimmed issue, that's why I'm surprised there isn't a conversion.

>>29914272
>>29914311
>less accurate than a .45
They were a marginal upgrade to a 7-shot old school 1911 in their day. They're more accurate than those when handed to a radioman out of basic training. Modern competition shooting with .45 makes them look like shit. Between a .45 handgun and a .30 carbine, given sizes, the .30 carbine is a major disappointment for groupings at 100 yards.

It's a carbine. It's basically sporterized from the factory. It's going to be disappointing.
>>
>>29914373

Alright, thanks.
>>
>>29914389
>Was looking to get my wife something for home defense/shtf and really like how light it is. She struggles to aim with most rifles I have while standing.
As the guy shit-talking the M1 carbine, this is literally what it was made for.
Go for it.
>>
>>29914387
>It's a Carbine. It's basically sporterized from the factory
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29913863
The only state that bans m1 carbines in NJ (regardless of features). Legal in all other 49 States (but may have some features limited depending on state laws).
>>
>>29914449
It's cut-down, lighter, fewer features, etc than something that's not a carbine. It's hybrid with a FUDD rifle. It's a fucking carbine. That's what they're there for, because you couldn't quite carry a full size rifle.
>>
>>29913823
I got one in 2007. It was a POS even after going back to the factory for a checkup. Barely fired 2 rounds before jamming. Some batches were shit and just as bad, some batches were OK.

The problem is that they aren't built with the strongest materials, nor are they builtto mil spec. They are slightly off so only some parts are compatible.

It took 9 years of on/off fiddling and probably 200 dollars of troubleshooting work, but I did end up fixing it. If works great now as long as it's well lubed, and shoots nicely too. They are cheaper than surplus, but even still the risk is huge and ammo is fucking pricey. Your call lad.
>>
>>29913882
>>29914179
>>29914215
Try ~30 cents for brass and ~20 for steel.
>>
>>29914387
https://youtu.be/sjy6FRWOmhc
>>
>>29914520
Its shares literally one part with the Garand, a screw for the buttplate. The carbine and Garand are distinct weapons. The m1 carbine was designed from the ground up, not as a cut down Garand
>>
No point in buying a new carbine when you can get a shooter grade on gunbroker for even less. $750-$1000 seems to be the going rate for a GI mixmaster.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.