[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which would win against the other in close combat? An axe or a shovel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
Which would win against the other in close combat? An axe or a shovel?
>>
>>29913445
Is this a serious question?
>>
Whoever is more proficient with their weapon.
>>
>>29913445
Shovel. So you can bury the body when you're done.
>>
>>29913445
They're both inanimate
>>
>>29913470
How does that help you win the fight? Why not just take the shovel from the loser?
>>
>>29913481
>Taking a mans life.
>And then taking his shovel.

Have some decency.
>>
>>29913522
>implying life is fair
>>
>>29913463
Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>29913445
>shovel is lighter/easier to maneuver and it has more cutting edge. There are accounts from WW1 and WW2 of entrenching tools cutting off limbs and splitting men in half.

>a small axe is light but the weight is head heavy making harder to maneuver. An axe will do more precise damage but has limited cutting edge.

I would give it to a properly sharpened shovel.
>>
>>29913476
This.
>>
i know the philosophy about throwing your weapons, but throwing an axe is a sure way to fuck literally anything up in front of it. if you can escape the trajectory of a shovel head, you can get some cqc going.
>>
>>29913876
and by axe i mean hatchet, as throwing an axe is a sure way to fuck yourself, and only yourself up
>>
>>29913861

>limited anecdotal evidence of entrenching tools being effective weapons in two recent conflicts with limited alternative melee weapons available.

>axes were used as weapons by warrior cultures the world over for thousands of years, even into the cartridge fed weapons era the tomahawk of the American natives was a feared weapon.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder which would actually be the better weapon.
>>
>>29913916
Im talking in the hands of someone who is trained in basic hand to hand combat. Those Indians sure did know how to use that tomahawk i guess that's why they live on reservations. The average axe will get stuck in the enemy with any body shot and is far from conducive for fight fighting multiple enemies or multiple strikes.
>>
File: 55dcd487c36188a8138b45cd.jpg (132 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
55dcd487c36188a8138b45cd.jpg
132 KB, 900x500
>>29913916
a big axe
>>
>>29914047
In soviet russia ax is tree
>>
>>29914043

Are you saying the natives would have faired better if they would have used sharpened short shovels instead of tomahawks?
>>
Who would win
an axe-wielding shovel
or a shovel-wielding axe
>>
>>29913522
Not like he needs it anymore
>>
S H O V E L

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LycaNelCDik
>>
>>29914465
>implying you would ever dual-wield like that.
>>
>>29914465
I'd use it

Just one, with one hand though, dual wielding's fucking stupid
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.