[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>turn 21 few days ago, realize I could conceal carry now if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: fuck.jpg (18 KB, 320x212) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
18 KB, 320x212
>turn 21 few days ago, realize I could conceal carry now if I wanted to
>don't want to be one of those guys who has to put his holster on before he leaves the house and thinks about guns all of the time
>don't want people to think I'm some hick as a first impression and dislike me
>even the idea of a pocket holster sounds like an annoyance
>keep thinking about this for a few days
>be paranoid about getting raped or killed by a nignogger
>my whole life could end because some faggot wanted to rob me of $50 from my wallet
>"fine"
>walk into dicks sporting goods, haven't touched a gun in years
>check out Ruger LCP, Walther PPKS, some $1500 Kimber 1911 for giggles to see if I could understand why it was $1500, and Glock 43
>be weak NEET so I can barely pull the slide back or even pull down on the slide release
>even putting in a fucking magazine takes effort
>talking to the guy behind the counter, being nice to me and not snobby at all, I make it obvious to him that I'm brand new
>tells me he carries 99% of the time
>tells me he has carried a Beretta 92FS
>leave store

The Ruger felt perfectly fine and it would probably be my carry gun. The Walther felt amazing but the magazine release is annoying to reach and it's too heavy and large to pocket carry. The Glock 43 felt amazing all over but it's still a bit large. The Kimber felt ridiculous to handle and I would never buy it.

The Ruger LCP felt like the perfect carry gun and holding with two fingers really didn't seem like a big deal or a significant issue at all so I don't understand why people vocally dislike that. The $1500 Kimber felt like crap but I wasn't looking for some full-size so I'm biased. The Walther and Glock felt much better and I wish I had a reason to buy them. I'll probably buy the Ruger LCP when it goes on sale for $200.

How did I do?
>>
>>29908874
You did great anon.

Get what works for you, all of those guns are fine.

You are now informed, and ready to make an informed decision.
>>
>>29908874
good shill post hope you got your 10 cents
>>
>>29908874
If you're not EDCing a 10mm 3D printed Famas Nagant you're literally fudd trash.
>>
>>29908874
>not liking how a 1911 feels
who put you on the planet
>>
You sound like an enormous faggot

>don't want to put my holster on before I leave the house

Ugh I hate my seatbelt and thinking about car accidents all the time

>don't want people to think I am a hick

I thought you were carrying concealed? Why did you tell them? Are you an attention whoring faggot? Furthermore, people who make that judgement aren't worth your time.

>buys a gun because he his ascared of niggers, doesn't have the situational awareness to avoid situations where mugging is likely

Lol

Just wow
>>
File: 1483783489433.jpg (199 KB, 752x590) Image search: [Google]
1483783489433.jpg
199 KB, 752x590
Seems like you did better than most faggots who just buy whatever somebody else tells them.
>>
>>29908998
To be fair, depending on where he lives, niggers are unavoidable. I've only got like five spooks in my whole county but there's so many fucking taco benders it's ridiculous.
>>
>>29908874
Buy a quality holster. As in you might be spending 100-200 bucks on it. Never get a generic nylon holster if you can avoid it. Kydex or leather is the way to go. Ruger LCP is fine, but buy some Federal HST for carrying.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/239192/federal-premium-personal-defense-ammunition-380-acp-99-grain-hst-jacketed-hollow-point-box-of-20

If you're not going to pocket carry get the LCP custom, if you really want deep concealment get the normal LCP and pocket carry. Also buy a holster.
>>
File: 36300514779-orig.png (249 KB, 566x313) Image search: [Google]
36300514779-orig.png
249 KB, 566x313
>>29908874
>be weak NEET so I can barely pull the slide back or even pull down on the slide release
>even putting in a fucking magazine takes effort
JUST
>>
>>29909113
.380 HST is shit and underpentrates, talking like 8" through calibrated ballistic gelatin.

Hydra Shoks, and just about any XTP loading performs better, along with Cor Bon.
>>
>>29908997
This
>>
Get the LCP
buy a good holster, not one of those cheap uncle mikes holsters
buy a box of hollowpoint ammo, keep enough rounds to fill your mags then shoot the rest so you know that your gun can feed them reliably and so you know how they shoot.
Continue to go to range and practice about once a month
dont be the guy that buys a carry gun, loads it with FML, only shoots it once, and stops carrying after a month.
>>
File: perfection.png (284 KB, 352x356) Image search: [Google]
perfection.png
284 KB, 352x356
>>29909113
>over $1 per round

..o-oy
>>
>>29908998
your post doesn't make sense
>>
>>29908998
lol this guy is getting so assblasted over nothing.

like wtf is your problem anon take the dick out of your ass and maybe you won't be so tight over nothing.
>>
>>29909659
She's beautiful.
>>
>>29910128
and you can have her...

if you convert that is and allow your children to be natural born jews. we can't have some filthy goy with one of gods chosen people.
>>
Shoot the guns before buying. Two fingers on the LCP might sound good but could feel different while shooting.
>>
Die OP

Die now
>>
>>29908998
i carry daily in my car. i dont wear a seatbelt 90% of the time. I dont worry about wearing my seatbelt because im an amazing driver. Then why do i carry a gun?

Guns confirmed for people that cant fist fight.
pussies!
>>
>>29910300
So bait it hurts
>>
File: kek.jpg (228 KB, 518x641) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
228 KB, 518x641
>>29909005
>taco benders
>>
>>29910305
he raises a good point though. It's like when someone things all blacks and mexicans are bad when you can easily tell which of them are niggers by the way they talk, dress, and walk. If you can't use common sense to discern different types of people, you deserve to get raped/mugged in the first place.
>>
>>29910318
>Lectures about common sense.
>Says people deserve to be raped or mugged for their shortcomings.
>Implying someone ever deserves to be raped or mugged.
Get a grip edgelord.
>>
>>29910342
Bro, don't you believe in justice? Don't you believe in corporal punishment?

Also are you sure you're native to 4chan? You seem quite sensitive
>>
>>29908998
This is so right on many points. Except the last. Niggers sometimes find the most invente way to surprise you, even when you're aware of your environment.

If situation awareness would make everything, you wouldn't have to CC you idiot.
>>
>>29908874
>be weak NEET
>can barely load a magazine or rack a slide

Then start eating and get to the gym you enormous faggot waste of a Y chromosome.
>>
>>29910300
>don't wear a seatbelt
>guy makes an illegal left in front of anon on 50mph road
>anon is now a skidmark on the road
that's like pocket carrying with a bunch of shit in your pockets and your gun is in condition zero

>>29908874
>holding with two fingers really didn't seem like a big deal or a significant issue at all so I don't understand why people vocally dislike that.
go to the range and try to put eight rounds center of mass within four seconds. the LCP has snappy as fuck recoil because it's a teeny tiny 9
I'd suggest a G26 (or ideally a g30) or a USPc. you want a carry holster that's going to retain your weapon and make it easy to draw and holster without kneecapping your self
also
>21
>can't rack a slide
you shouldn't carry if you won't be able to retain your firearm
>>
>>29908874
.380 just plain sucks. If you want a compact Ruger get the LC9S. Also what someone else said in the thread, get a REALLY good holster.

As for bullets, I keep my SD9VE loaded with Hornady Critical Defense.

Good general rule when you're new to firearms, FMJ for range hollow point for self defense.

And you'll definitely need to buy some snap caps. Pulling the trigger with nothing in it will ruin your shit, and you can't just discharge that sit whenever you feel like it.
>>
>>29911717
>dry firing is bad

I honestly can't tell if you're retarded or if you work for tipton
>>
>>29911717
>.380 just plain sucks

when will this meme die
>>
>>29908874
Get the ppk, and the James bond shoulder holster that Galco makes. Conceal it under a vest (a nice one, not one of those fishing vests).

Congratulations, now you aren't a hick. You're a gentleman.
>>
>>29908934
>using the word "shill"

Oh goody, I love it when the shit overflows out of the hole that is /pol/
>>
>>29910592
In defense of him not being able to rack the slide, the first time I handled a gun I treated it like a delicate fucking flower. It was probably just a surprising weight to him
>>
>>29912216
II didn't want to mess anything up when I first tried some pistols. you have to man-handle the things. I don't see how you could just rack the slide on any of these things with no effort at all.

>>29912113
this. you'll get that /fa/ touch that will make you look like a badass and not some hillbilly taking CCW out when he goes fishing or whatever. PPK is a slick looking pistol and they all keep their value. Ruger LCP isn't going to keep its value.
>>
>>29908874
If your gonna be a neet at least lift so you can fully benefit from your endless free time
>>
Can someone e explain what a NEET is?
>>
>>29912113
>galco holster

it's like $165 fucking hell i'd rather just buy another gun
>>
Dicks Sporting Goods don't sell handguns.
>>
>>29912547
They do now. They're getting desperate.
>>
>>29908874
That's pretty hard to believe.

t. Fellow weak NEET
>>
>>29908874
Dude. I am quite weak, at some point because of specifuc reasons i reached 102 pounds, and I am 6 feet. And I was able to pull the slide back of my glock 19 and my dads sig 22 with little problems.

I was at auschwitz tier, you probably are doing something really wrong.
>>
>>29912500

Not in Education, Employment, or Training.

Basically a worthless basement dweller. Or worse a welfare recipient.
>>
>>29912500
typical /k/ poster basically
>>
>>29910162
Doesn't matter had sex?
>>
>>29912506
Why do you need another gun though, mein Freund? You already have the glorious German engineering of Walther at your side.
>>
File: 1457048673109.jpg (182 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
1457048673109.jpg
182 KB, 1152x768
>>29908874
carrying a gun for the first time is weird. I remember when I started I felt ridiculous and thought I was going to fuck up and be another idiot on the news. I started out small with .38s and 380s because in my head a smaller gun was easier to work with. just give it time and don't be a jackass while carrying and you;ll be ok.

as for the guns themselves, you did what we recommend 99% of the time, go to a store and feel a few to get an idea of what you like. If you like the ruger then buy it
>>
>>29908874
Buy a Raven Arms MP-25
>>
>>29909659
OP is never actually gonna shoot it so why not?
>>
>>29912079
All pistol rounds suck. Some just suck more than others.
>>
>>29910342
Victim facilitation is very real and recognized phenomena tho...
>>
>>29909005
Fucking lost it at taco benders.
>>
>>29912744

>made by S&W
>>
>>29912589

Eh, blowback pistols are decently hard to rack, particularly if you have bad grip and form.
>>
GET A FUCKING COLT MUSTANG OR MICRO DEAGLE.

Get an ACTUAL pocket pistol you can carry IN YOUR POCKET without a holster.
>>
>>29915644
>not deaglebrand deagle
also is colt mustang a FAMAS?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.