[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the consensus on pic related? Does anyone have the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: baofeng uv5r.jpg (256 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
baofeng uv5r.jpg
256 KB, 600x900
What's the consensus on pic related?

Does anyone have the programming infographic?
>>
File: SHTF Frequency.png (616 KB, 900x1136) Image search: [Google]
SHTF Frequency.png
616 KB, 900x1136
>>29907220
they're cheap, they seem to work. no programming infographic but heres some info anyways
>>
File: 1444702514531.jpg (561 KB, 792x3458) Image search: [Google]
1444702514531.jpg
561 KB, 792x3458
>>29907220
>>
Own 3 and got my license. Use it maybe 6 times a year.
Cheap-o radio
Good one to learn basics
Once you get your license the radio lack in either not being up to code / spec on somethings, or lacking power / reception on long range

A litlle better than buying a hipoint as your first gun
>>
>>29907395
>getting the cuck license
Have fun with the government spying on all your broadcasts.
>>
>>29907220
Overall it's a nice radio for what it is. The liion battery is nice for carrying it around all the time, and it's rugged enough to handle basic wear and tear. It's pretty useful, both to a beginner, and someone who wants to do slightly fancier radio stuff.

Programming instructions and community submitted frequencies can be found at https://murdercube.com/radioconfig

>>29907593
People can listen to you regardless of if you're licensed or not. In fact, you're more likely to be listened to if you're sitting in the middle of a random band that you don't belong in.
>>
>>29907593
>Have fun with the government spying on all your broadcasts.
lol the fcc can't even get off their asses to stop malevolent jammers, let alone spy on anyone. And even then, don't ID with your callsign if you want to stay anonymous. problem solved.
>>
File: yaesu_vx8.jpg (11 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
yaesu_vx8.jpg
11 KB, 232x217
>>29907220
very common starter's radio. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, I use a Yaesu VX8 DR. I like the fact that it is water proof and can utilize the APRS function if I hook on the GPS receiver antenna. I also like the dual VFO's, 6 meter, 2 meter, 220mhz, and 70cm tx/rx. Downside is its expensive for the average poorfag here. I use it for backpacking, but it would also have its place on a PC if I had one yet.
>>
what are the most important channels to program in? (attn feds: for receiving only)

local fire, police, ems
noaa weather frequences
22 frs/gmrs frequencies
5 murs frequences

anything else? is there a centralized
>>
>>29907788
just saw the spreadsheet, fucking awesome
>>
>>29908307
That's a pretty good place to start. After that it's really up to you. If you look up "radio reference" you'll find a really great database of frequencies in the US. It sorts them by area so you can see everything going on around you.
>>
>>29907800
>malevolent jammers
Wait, what? Who? Where, when? This is a thing?
>>
i like mine, i have the f8hp or something like that. you can use a program called CHIRP to program it
>>
>>29908645
its just a transmitter that broadcasts static and shit on a frequency at a really high wattage, nothing too special
>>
File: columbus police.jpg (246 KB, 898x648) Image search: [Google]
columbus police.jpg
246 KB, 898x648
>>29908631
Holy crap how do street cops keep track of all this? Is this typical for large cities?
>>
>>29908733
Ya that shit can get pretty crazy. Most cops don't really need to use them all, so it's not like every individual cop needs to know all the channels they have. I mean I live in LA and I can barely keep track of all the traffic.
>>
>>29908670
No, wait... people do this? Why? How?
>>
>>29908806
Go look up 147.435MHz. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy on the airwaves. Basically some autists get on the radio and throw shit at each other. You end up with people buying really powerful transmitters or amps in an attempt to overpower each other on the repeater's input, or just blatantly jam the output.
>>
>>29908889
https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14747/web

Oh goodness
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.