[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walther ppq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: ppq22-right.jpg (47 KB, 940x600) Image search: [Google]
ppq22-right.jpg
47 KB, 940x600
>Ive been eyeing the PPQ for awhile now and im just wondering how is it in terms of reliability? My daily carry is a G19 and ive heard its roughly the same size as a G19.

Did you regret your purchase of a PPQ /k/?
>>
>>29906098
>Did you regret your purchase of a PPQ
no, thats why i have 3 of them. PPQ 9mm M1 if you can.
>>
>>29906248
Why the M1 over the M2?
>>
>>29906272
personal preference. on my 45 i have to reach around with my thumb just ever so slightly, where as with my M1 9m i just drop my index finger which is alot more convenient. i wish more guns had paddle releases.
>>
File: IMGP1333.jpg (655 KB, 1200x779) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1333.jpg
655 KB, 1200x779
The PPQ is a touch bigger than the Glock 19, but IMO it's 10 times the gun.

If you're used to Glock triggers, then you'll really like, and probably prefer, the way the PPQ trigger breaks, which is very crisp and very light with practically no overtravel. It isn't a perfect trigger, though...the take-up, or pre-travel, is long and feels more mushy/uneven than even with Glocks, but most people who shoot striker-fired guns won't really care about the pre-travel, so you don't hear this talked about that much. Also, if you get oil in the trigger dingus, it squeaks, which is annoying.

I prefer the paddle mag release, and I like the feel of the grip. I don't care about the grip angle, but it is nice having it have the same more neutral grip angle as all my other guns.

The one real flaw is with the stock sights, there is just too much open space in the rear sight notch. Fortunately, it's really easy to swap out the sights. You don't need a hammer and punch, a sight pusher or any special tools. You just need a small screwdriver and a little allen wrench. It's so stupidly easy that even a retard who lives in a nursing home wouldn't need to take the gun to a gunsmith to get the sights swapped out. I put some Trijicon HDs on (pic related), which are very nice, but there are a number of other options.
>>
>>29906098
I love my PPQ. piss easy to shoot. I got the M2 5" barrel.
>>
>>29906098
As someone who owns both a Gen 3 19 and a PPQM1.

GET THE PPQ. The only thing the Glock has is the aftermarket. So if you want a backplate with some W40K bullshit stock with the Glock.

I prefer the trigger, the grip, the balance and the way it shoots
>>
Op here

How does it stack up to something like the HK p30?
>>
Im actually also looking at one. Went for an M&P and ended up holding a PPQ and instantly fell in love, ergos are amazing. All the reviews ive seen praise the trigger for being great so I think im probably gonna pick one up in the next week or two.
>>
>>29906856
The P30 is hammer-fired. Wouldn't you ideally compar the PPQ with a VP9?

Anyway, the P30 is an excellent pistol as well, just $250-300 more expensive. The grip is a little taller, but it has the same magazine capacity. If you get a P30 in the v1 or Light LEM configuration, that shit is absolutely the cat's pajamas, definitely a nicer trigger than the PPQ has. The P30 has a sandpaper-textured grip, though, which you might not like for concealed carry, whereas the PPQ has a less abrasive grip texture. A minor note is that the PPQ is stand-off capable, while the P30 is not - if pressure is applied to the lower front part of the slide where the guide rod is, then it can be pressed out of battery.

The VP9 is a cool gun. I prefer the PPQ's trigger and slightly smaller size, though, but the VP9 is good too. Both are about the same price online ($500-525ish). The cocking wings on the VP9 slide are what make it a special, unique pistol to me, but they're made of polymer and have the potential to break. The VP9 handles pretty similarly to the PPQ, it's just bigger. I might recommend the PPQ to someone with larger hands and longer fingers. I have short fingers and could shoot the VP9 fine, but didn't like how far forward the trigger would break.
>>
It's a slightly better looking Glock with a nicer trigger. Get the 5" if you aren't going to use it for CC.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.