[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Hi-points actually any good or are they just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 1024x768
Are Hi-points actually any good or are they just a meme?
>>
>>29905102
Their pistols are pretty shit in terms of quality, but have a very low price point and an excellent warranty. If you can get past the fact that they're ugly as sin, there's no reason not to get one if you can't afford anything else.

On the other hand, their carbines are supposed to be pretty good quality and a fine value if you want a rifle that shoots 9mm. Still ugly though.
>>
>>29905102
As a left-handed shooter, I prefer the Taurus curve
>>
File: 1461205991301.jpg (38 KB, 449x497) Image search: [Google]
1461205991301.jpg
38 KB, 449x497
>>29905102
That's clearly a problem solving Glock .40
>>
>>29905150
I'm usually pro taurus like 60 percent of the time I defend them , but you can't be serious.
>>
>>29905140
Just a reminder that a hi-point carbine will cost you $439 in Canada. Mfl.
>>
>>29905102
>good or a meme?
Stop
>>
>>29905102
they work fine
>>
>>29905102
They are so shitty. But he its a gun
>>
File: 1462507862244.png (28 KB, 178x226) Image search: [Google]
1462507862244.png
28 KB, 178x226
I thought that the meme is that they're terrible...
>>
Have 8 handguns including a Hi-Point .45, honestly it's not that bad...
And God help someone if they get pistol whipped
>>
>>29910735
>.45

Wait aren't they straight blowback?

Wouldn't that reciprocating mass be enough tear your wrist apart and stretch space-time?
>>
>>29910770
Not even close. Comfy to hold, comfy to shoot, and I get way better groups than with my xd9
>>
They're really bad. Even as a cheap as shit gun. It WILL jam. It WILL break. It weighs a ton because they need a shitload of low quality steel to keep it together. Trigger pull is 5 pounds.
>>
>>29911762
Nah m8 its heavy becuase its blowback
>>
>>29911762
>low quality steel
slide is a zinc alloy
>>
>>29905811
I think he's trying to say he would rather try to use a Taurus Curve left handed than be caught dead with a Hi Point
>>
File: char_mews_s.gif (4 KB, 135x140) Image search: [Google]
char_mews_s.gif
4 KB, 135x140
>>29905150
Underrated
>>
The gun will fire and probably continue firing several thousand rounds just fine.
The acuracy on them is fine, although i dont see them doing well as a target pistol
They are heavy and blocky pistols. The finish on them isnt very pleasing or durable. They can be picky ,during break in , with diffeent ammo.
For a deffensive pistol, its not something i would invest my life or safety in.
Although if you dont have the income to afford anything else , ive seen a lot of armed security (rent a cop) outfits that loan hipoints to new recruits and use them for qualification testing and training.

The next popular teir up is the S&W SDVE.

>>29911762
Im not certian if youre complianing about a 5lb trigger, but thats pretty standard. Most hipoints ive handled broke at about 4 to 4.5
Most duty handguns are 5-8 lbs , the worst being the newyork 12lb trigger
Target / race guns are 3lbs and below. The higher poundage is to avoid accidental discharges or trigger happy speed shooters. Mainly liability reasons.
Of course trigger weight is normally paired and taken into account to what kind of action you have, but thats another conversation altogether
>>
Hippoints are like buying a shitty station wagon. They'll do a basic job of what they do, but not much more.
You'll probably catch shit for owning one . You probably wont be drowning in pussy because you own it. Dont expect a good trade in value or reputable people knocking at your door , when you decide to sell
>>
File: High point breakdown.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
High point breakdown.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>29905102
Continuing the tradition started by Raven Arms the Hi-point is an excellent gat for the aspiring thug, with a low price tag you can easily make this firearm pay for it's self in armed robbery and murderings of your fellow ghetto drug pushers.
>>
>>29905102
no it's a shitty jammomatic with bad QC.

the only thing they have on them over Jimenez, bryco, etc, is that highpoints don't blow up.
>>
File: derp.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>29912454
>highpoints don't blow up.
see pick here
>>29912404
>>
They use the fucking firing pin as an extractor
Literally every time you clear the chamber, you're slamming the primer of a live round against the firing pin
>>
Lot of misinfo in here.

1. Jimenez guns are pretty damn solid nowadays. They've really improved QC and it's an American company that put their finger to the antis and you all should support them if you support 2A.
2. Basically, when Jennings went down the drain, the assets were sold off for auction. The molds, leftover tools/parts, etc. Everything you'd need to make the guns. An anti-gun group put in a bid to purchase everything to destroy it. Mr. Jimenez, the former foreman of Jennings, put together all of his money and outbid the anti-gun group by I believe $80k. He saved everything from destruction, and he's the only reason why we still have those guns today because the liberals would have gleefully destroyed them out of spite.
3. Hi-Points are pretty solid pistols in the $100-150 price point. I see some retailers trying to get $200+ after taxes and I don't see the point at that price, but to each his/her own. They are snappy due to the design and I'd only recommend them as spare guns/truck guns/shitter guns/etc. The carbines are pretty solid but they've increased in price as well, and I'd recommend you spend a few extra hundred and get a Citadel/Chiappa M1 carbine that takes Beretta magazines, or a Sub2K.
4. As far as jamming, my experience has been the opposite. Mine in 9mm will eat ammo that some of my vintage (and expensive) 9mm's will jam on. YMMV however.
5. At the end of the day, you just gotta use what feels comfortable. If a Hi Point feels and works well for you, roll with it. If it doesn't, get you something else. I can't tell you what works best for you.

Also, one negative is their customer service has went down in the past year. There were some changes made by corporate in regards to what they'll repair and such. Not as great as it used to be, nor will they send you as many freebies as they used to. Well within their rights, but it was a major buying point of their products.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.