[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other than the cast receiver, no carry handle slot, and the $1000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: uj.jpg (367 KB, 910x496) Image search: [Google]
uj.jpg
367 KB, 910x496
Other than the cast receiver, no carry handle slot, and the $1000 tag,

What's the downside to the FAL Voyager line from DSA?
Sure I can take this to BRG, but they're too busy.
>>
Cast FAL receivers are not the pot-metal Glocknade that their detractors make them out to be, but they will have a somewhat shorter lifespan. You will probably ruin the rest of the rifle before that happens, though.
>>
>>29904484
This is what I've been hearing as well. For an average shooter, it'll still last you a lifetime.
>>
>>29904451
Just get a ptr or save up $200 more for a mp10
>>
Literally nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>29905106
I've been looking at the other two as well.
PTR is just $100 cheaper than the Voyager FAL, but atlantic does have the welded rails on theirs so thats cost saving right there

As for an AR10, is the M&P solid though? I still feel the low-midrange 308 ar's are a bit iffy from all the internet discussions. And if I'm spending $2000 on the gun alone, I might as well save another $1000 and get the SCAR
>>
You can build a decent FAL on a Coonan receiver for about the same price. Hell, I built on a century receiver and it's fine.
>>
>>29904451
>FAL
>no carry handle

literally what is even the point
>>
File: 20160508_214917.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160508_214917.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
I second buying a ptr over the voyager. If nothing else you can offset the price difference with the fact that mags are like $3-5. I started picking up surplus mags for the hell of it and by the time i ordered mine i realised i had 17 of the damn things. Hell, I even spray painted one gold just for the nigger jokes.
>>
There's nothing wrong with DSA Voyagers, it's just you can get a kit built rifle that will be a proper milsurp rifle of higher quality parts for less money than a Voyager.
>>
>>29905208
>>29905185
The only thing holding me back from doing that is the concern of actually needing to cut or dremel something if the barrel can't be timed. But that shouldn't be a concern if I bought a modern barrel + A modern made reciever, right?
>>
>>29904451
Imbel FALs used Cast recievers and lasted tens of thousands of rounds because they've been in service with the brazilians for years.

Nothing is wrong with the voyager, won't last 100,000 rounds but I don't think you're going to get to that limit
>>
>>29905292
It could be
>>
>>29905292
Go join FALfiles, there are plenty of people who would be willing to help you build. When I build my first FAL (StG58 on an Imbel receiver) I had like three different people all within a few hours of me message me offering to help me with my first build. It's a great community that really does help.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.