[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I'm thinking about enlisting in the Marines soon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: USMC.jpg (479 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
USMC.jpg
479 KB, 1600x1600
Hey /k/, I'm thinking about enlisting in the Marines soon. However I don't really know what job I want to have. How was basic for the ex-mil anon's here? Any advice? Stories? Tips?
>>
>>29904022
It depends. Do you like crossfit? You should tell everybody that you do crossfit.
>>
>>29904022
Gonna go pog? Who cares...
>>
Marine here.
Just dont. Its shitty and you wont get anything out of it other than 4 years of your life wasted.
At the very least go navy or better airforce if you really feel the need to be a slave for a bit.
>>
nigger one

nigger two

this little nigger smells like poo

nigger three

nigger four

this little nigger's mother was a crackwhore

nigger five

nigger six

this little nigger sucks dicks

nigger seven

nigger eight

look at me im an edgy faggot give me a job
>>
>>29904067
Disgusting.
>>
File: 1461681158857.gif (1 MB, 486x273) Image search: [Google]
1461681158857.gif
1 MB, 486x273
>>29904063
Could you elaborate on why its so shitty? I plan to use my experience after enlistment.
>>
File: 1460290893353.jpg (1 MB, 3883x2589) Image search: [Google]
1460290893353.jpg
1 MB, 3883x2589
>>29904022
1) Don't join the military at all, not now, not ever.
2) If you do, join the air force at least.
If you can't do step 2, then go back to step 1, because any other option will lead you to wasted time or misery, or both
>>
File: starship-troopers.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
starship-troopers.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
>>29904022
This kid thinks he can live forever, how cute.
>>
>>29904171
Not OP, but is it really that bad?
>>
File: 1419609419910.jpg (693 KB, 1350x904) Image search: [Google]
1419609419910.jpg
693 KB, 1350x904
>>29904206
It's not bad, I'm in the Army, almost there to ETSing soon, and I really enjoyed my time. I loved my unit and it's leadership (best company, in the best battalion, in the best brigade on post), and the experiences I got. This was only cause I got real lucky in where I got put post OSUT. If it wasn't for my company, and say I was somewhere else, I probably wouldn't have been able to get all the schooling and training that I did that has allowed me to have such a terrific career in the Army. Most of what I hear from people from other units is that they aren't as lucky as I was, and instead end up just wasting away their time in the military with terrible leadership and pointless daily task.

So i.e. I had a great time, but most people who join probably won't like I did, so I don't recommend taking the risk and commitment
>>
>>29904022
Talk to a recruiter. Fuck, talk to MULTIPLE recruiters. Don't stop there, talk to recruiters from different branches. Make sure the Marines are what's absolutely best for you.

Don't enlist unless you're absolutely sure about the MOS you want.

Every Marine may be a rifleman, but in reality that just isn't the case, so if you are looking at the Marines for their "combat mindset," that's fine, just go infantry (03XX), military police (5811), or a combat arms MOS (tanks, artillery, etc...). Understand that if you're not in the field I've mentioned, the chances of you doing "door-kicking" is slim-to-none.
>>
>>29904022

Go for 1371 combat engineer or just about any airwing MOS if you want to use the experience when you get out. Fuck the grunts it's peacetime.

Unless of course you have the balls to go MARSOC.
>>
Is the discipline and training that you get really transferable into the real world? Does time in the military help job prospects when you get out?
>>
>>29904022
Dude theres nothing going on now. Do you really want to mow lawns and paint shit for four years? You can do that with mexicans and still make more money
>>
>>29904735

Yes. Yes it does. But it depends on what the MOS requires you to have. A Top Secret Clearance will go far in the civilian world.

Dont for get about secondary MOSs. Some companies specifically seek out Marine Security Guards.

for instance:

http://wynnjobs.com/job_description.php?did=J3J43T6WPX9RHSB6PLV
>>
>>29904022
Don't do it OP. You will regret your decision immensely. I've been in for 4 years. You will miss out on so much at home, the people you love will come to feel like strangers. Nothing you do will contribute to any greater good, peace time is a bitch like that. Just in the last 5 months I've missed 3 funerals and broken up with my girlfriend of over 5 years due to the fact I'm always working. You'll sacrifice closure and personal relationships in order to do scheduled training on weekends
>>
>>29904022
Just graduated from MCRD San Diego last Friday. As far as boot camp goes... most of it is bullshit and you will probably hate most of the people there at some point, but there is a bunch of hilarious shit that happens and some of it is even cool (not very much). As far as advice goes just keep plodding along whether your hiking or running around with a sea bag because someone couldn't keep their mouth shut for 10 minutes. Pretty much everyone has a similar experience with varying degrees of emotional breakdown (you are after all doing pretty much the exact same thing as everyone who is with you and those who came before you).

If get you get stressed easily you're going to get fucked up and probably get other people punished as well. Try not to lose your mind while getting ITed or when playing games because you'll just feel embarrassed later and everyone will think you're a bitch. Overall just be good at making sure you're ready for the next day and anticipating the schedule so that you know when to have certain things good to go (too many times people would put off doing laundry until they were out of something that they absolutely had to have and we would have to scramble to fix them).

Intelligence and air wingers come way with the most sought after skill sets, but if you get an honorable discharge you could just go get a college degree and start a career from there. Honestly don't obsess over what job you want because if it doesn't live up to your expectations you can get pretty embittered. People go after the cool jobs, but a lot of the supposedly "shitty" jobs like being logistics or admin can be a fairly rewarding 9-5 job with better benefits than most other places. One of the DI's from my company was a cook and said that it was awesome because he got promoted quickly, worked out everyday, spent a bunch of time with his family, and got paid the same as an infantryman.
>>
>>29904735
On the technical side of things, the COOL program helps Marines get credit for the skills they learn in their job field to be transferred to the real world.

As far as discipline is concerned, you get out what you put into it. (Although I think it's safe to say if you made it out honorably after 4+ years, you'll be REALLY good at putting up with bullshit)
>>
>>29904839
I'm single, hate my parents, and don't connect to anybody or anything. I'm a misanthrope. Any other tips?
>>
>>29904022
>Any advice?

Go to the "Military Enlistment General" thread here
>>29900098

And never make your own thread again.
>>
>>29904882

thanks for your opinion. you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>29905133

The first part is accurate. If boots know about anything, it's about boot camp.

It's nothing to get your panties in a wad about. The fleet/vert phallus will teach him.
>>
>>29904022
>"i wanna be a MUHREEN lik in my cowaddodies, lol :)"
>literally too stupid to go to the proper time and place for this question and either head on to /meg/ or his local recruitment centre

has there ever been a muhreen who wasn't retarded and a shit human being
>>
>>29905227
>vert phallus

That some newfangled way of saying "green weenie?"
>>
>>29904022
I've been in for 7 years, it won't be a waste of 4 years as long as you find an mos that gives you a good skill set. If nothing else it'll get you a college education via tuition assistance while your in and post 9/11 GI bill when you get out.

As for tips, when you talk to a recruiter he won't be able to promise you any one particular job, you'll end up with an MOS field, I.E 03xx 13xx 04xx. I opted for the 1300 field which is construction/engineering. I'd be down to answer an questions you've got
>>
>>29905346
I've got a few pics from deployments too
>>
>>29905279
Ol' chesty must have fucked your bitch, huh?
>>
>>29904882
Ssgt gonna rip your dick off, boot
>>
>>29905325
yup
>>
>>29905346
>>29905354
Looks nice. I scored shitty on the ASVAB so my recruiter said that I would probably be put into Combat Infantry. The dude fixes helicopters in the USMC and his brother got some crazy score on it and became an officer. I just don't want to get stuck with a shitty job.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.