[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't the Navy SEALS part of the Marines?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1454649260623.jpg (65 KB, 585x454) Image search: [Google]
1454649260623.jpg
65 KB, 585x454
Why aren't the Navy SEALS part of the Marines?
>>
Anal beads
>>
Why aren't the Marines part of the Army?
>>
Because the marines belong to the Navy just like the seals do.
>>
How exactly does the posi-trac rear end on a Plymouth work?
>>
>>29903417
Boy this gonna suck.

I know because I was a muhreen and seal bullshit memes.

> veteran of /k/ since 2013
>>
>>29903417

Because then they would be the Marine SEALs?
>>
>>29903444
>veteran of /k/ since 2013
You must have seen some crazy things, old soldier.
>>
>>29903428

That's actually a good question.
>>
File: 1453120478422.jpg (45 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
1453120478422.jpg
45 KB, 300x190
>>29903417
Because they fucking aren't in the border marine you dumb faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 736x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 736x492
>>29903428
>this triggers the jarhead
>>
>>29903444
>2013
>vet
>>
>>29903443
It doesn't!!!! Positrac is GM. A Plymouth would have a Sure-Grip.

Nice try, though.
>>
>>29903417
I will concede this is actually thought provoking.

SEAL, as I'm sure we all know, stands for SEa, Air, and Land. The Marines "...have fought in every clime and place, in the air, on land and sea." So who really knows? Google, that's who.
>>
So, the SEALS descend from the navy divers that would clear beaches prior to amphibious landings. If I recall, they were secretly (at the time) the first American military personnel to land on Japan. Set up a sign welcoming the Marines in for the lulz. Anyway, at some point (Vietnam, I think) they got their mission expanded because the navy wanted that dank SOCOM funding.

The Marines descended from shipboard personnel detailed to repel boarders, board enemy ships and engage in littoral and amphibious raids supported by the navy (Fun fact, most of the force in question from the "Sands of Tripoli"part of the hymn were navy ratings). The Marines got their mission expanded and gained a whole fuckton of non combat MOS's after the whole banana war deal. Personally, as a Marine Pogue, I think we should dump all the support missions back on the navy, fire fifty thousand pogues and give anything that the navy can t support to the army. But no one listens to me.
>>
>>29904992
>The Marines "...have fought in every clime and place, in the air, on land and sea."
so have the army and air force and navy tho

maybe not the air force but defs. the army and navy have participated in land, air and sea operations each
>>
Basically if I've got this right

Army- America's military
Navy- America's botes
Chair Force- America's plones
Marines- Kind of like an American Expeditionary Force meant to be the start of an invasion, going in first and clearing the place for the regular armed forces to set up shop. It used to be the Navy's private army and security detail until post WWII when they had their mission expanded and became the lovable jarheads we know today.
Seals- Navy scuba divers on steroids because Navy wanted that sweet ass funding
>>
>>29903417
One of their requirements is at least a 3rd grade literacy level
>>
>>29905694

Army- dudes with guns
Navy- dudes with really big guns
Chair Force- gay dudes with kinda big but not THAT big guns
Marines- retards
Seals- delicious blubber and warm pelts
>>
>>29905694
Forgot:
Coast Guard- Federal government's little navy that doesn't require warrants to search private property of almost half the population.
>>
>>29905761
>Coast Guard- Federal government's little navy that doesn't require warrants to search private property of almost half the population.
coast guards and coast guard-like organizations are usually legally separate entities from the military for purposes of search and seizure, as well as responsibilities in things like responding to distress messages and the like (i.e. a coast guard vessel has to help people in need if possible because that's its job, a warship can just keep steaming on if it hasn't been specifically tasked to be part of SAR)

the coast guard is closer to a federal level combined emergency service than a military force, at least in terms of their overall mission
>>
>>29905694
Army-Nice warm bodies with guns and semi-long range explosives
Navy-the big guns and big missiles all boat launched; handy in logistics
Air Force-Got to love logistics; also got most of the nukes
Marines-retards with elite training that make 1/5 odds favorable for some reason
Seals-badass because of publicity but fuck it nothing any other spec ops unit could have done
Coast Guard-those nice fellas that got my boat when I was out of gas; government removers of cubans/drugs/noninternet pirates

I think I did good
>>
>>29903434
This.
>>
>>29905823
>that make 1/5 odds favorable for some reason
this has never happened. all they do is go around committing war crimes and making everyone hate americans and then getting blown up by roadside IEDs
>>
>>29903417
Because the Marines are already part of the Navy.
>>
>>29905823
>noninternet pirates
man, all I want out of life is to be a modern day pirate, but not with niggers in somalia

why is life so hard
>>
>>29905819
I think it's part of the department of homeland security, same as the national guard
>>
mariners then marines corps it splinters for you non americans no not splinter cell it's George Washington not michael Vinings
>>
>>29905959
I know right just you and the open sea the salt on your skin and admiralty law properly possessing you and your possessions because I have possessions and you know about them too! !
>>
>>29903461
Don't insult me by calling me a soldier.

>>29904429

Shit was still poppin in 2011.
>>
>>29905823
Since when is pirate an Internet thing. I could set you up with a cable modem and I'm in another country I bet
>>
>>29905627
So turn the USMC into something like RM
>>
>>29903417
Why aren't the marines disbanded and we just give small arms to sailors if they need to be sent ashore?
>>
>>29909822
Have you met an average sailor?
>>
>>29909633
Nice, then we can fall on just one heathen of a reproductive meat bag and not just the uninfrigeable right of every man women and child
>>
Army- land forces,network-centrict maneuver warfare
Marines- Ships-to-Shore Expeditionary direct action force
Airforce- Cyber,Space and Air dominance
Navy- Surface,Subsurface and Air Naval warfare

Marines get shit because they get a entire "name and history" for being such a small and recently unneeded force

But tactically on a global dominance goal having a dedicated amphibious force is desired
>>
>>29905823
False. Ssbns carry 50% of our nukes. Minute men and bombers have about 25% each. And based on the next phase of the start as well as the air force fucking up sws security so much it's going to push to a 70/30 split in the next 5 years.
>>
>>29909590
Sorry, airman.
>>
>>29903417
Well, it's like this; SEALs are part of the Navy. Marines are a more distant part of the Navy. So, technically, Marines are part of the SEALs.
>>
>>29903417
Because JFK said so.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.