[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright so! I picked up this mother fucker for $200 with everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: DSC03974.jpg (2 MB, 2304x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSC03974.jpg
2 MB, 2304x2448
Alright so! I picked up this mother fucker for $200 with everything you see here.

It's a Sig SP2340, .40S&W. Got a LE Box, 3 mags, 3 different grips and the original owners manual.

And I can not, for the life of me, figure out how old this fucker is. There's no proof marks anywhere on the gun or grips, barrel, rail block, frame, literally anywhere. Called Sig, gave the guy the serial number, and he said "That...Doesn't sound like one of our guns. Oh, its a 2340? Yeah, that pre-dates my database."

So, serial number on this thing is SP0009xxx. That is literally the only identifying mark. Can anyone here help me out?
>>
>>29901832
Sig Pro line started in 1998

Pretty sure 2340 was discontinued right around 2000 give or take.
>>
>>29901832
>"That...Doesn't sound like one of our guns.
Got to love Sig customer support.
>>
It's from before it was called the 2022 because of the contacts they got... Can't imagine it's more than 10 years old...
>>
>>29901876
No kidding. You bitch enough and they'll move mountains, though.

>>29901866
>>29901882
Well if they did discontinue production in 2000, then it's at least 16 years old. The back of the manual, in really small letters near the spine, says "OM-SP2340-USA 11/23/98 Printed in U.S.A."
Of course, I'm sure they just printed a bunch at once, so that doesn't really help.
>>
>>29901876
To be fair, that guy he talked to probably hasn't worked at Sig since the 90's, and also hasn't dealt with a 2340 before nor was it a pertinent piece of info if he started working there 5 years ago

I have a buddy with a Wilson Combat that predates their current serial database, when he called with some questions they thought it wasn't theirs, then got back to him like a week later about it.
>>
File: DSC03976.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSC03976.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Okay brace yourselves for this picture, and please remember I bought this thing TO-DAY. I have not had time to give it a thorough cleaning yet!

I found this on the inside of the grip that was on the gun, after removing it. Does it mean anything?

I should say, also, this mark is tiny. Seriously tiny. 1.5mm diameter, at most.
>>
Just chop the gun in half and count the annnuli.
>>
>>29902028
I...Don't think that's how that works, bud...
>>
>>29902028
The first thing I've seen on here in ages that actually made me laugh.
>>
Fuck it, guess I'll have to settle for "Somewhere between 98 and 2000" on the age. Was it worth $200, though? How'd I do?
>>
>>29902028
Heh
>>
>>29901995
isn't that the dial-clock marking that indicates manufacture date on plastic that you see everyday?
>>
>>29902576
I wouldn't know, I don't really own many things that are plastic/polymer.

Everything I have is steel and wood.
>>
>>29902213
>Was it worth $200, though? How'd I do?

A .40 SP2022 is meh and I usually laugh at people who buy .40's only because of the price but $200 for a 2022 regardless of caliber is a good deal. It even came with three mags so its even better.
>>
>>29902672
Eh, I like .40 personally. But I like 9mm and .45 too. I like it all!

Been doing some reading about them, and apparently it's basically a parts gun. Trigger is out of the 226's, which is odd to me...
>>
>>29902701
It's basically a poor man's 226. It was made to be a cost effective version for the French police and they ordered ~250,000 of them.

I don't like .40 apart from few guns that were designed to house it but for $200, I wouldn't mind. That's Tarus prices right there and I would prefer the .40 2022 over any Taurus even if they were in 9mm. You did very good if you needed a gun but had a tight budget.
>>
File: HK P30S .40S&W.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
HK P30S .40S&W.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29902767
I lost count of how many guns I had somewhere after 70. I didn't need it, but it was neat, and it seemed like a good deal, so fuck it.
My EDC Is pic related (Which I picked up for $550 NIB from an idiot who bought it then suddenly, desperately needed money.)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.