[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since when did warfare get so pussified? Battle of Towton: Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 17
File: t2-skull_141186c.jpg (19 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
t2-skull_141186c.jpg
19 KB, 620x413
Since when did warfare get so pussified?
Battle of Towton: Man at arms, knights, and peasants trudged through mud and hacked at each other to pieces. Some had their eyes popped out of their sockets, some had their skulls crushed, and most were either suffering from severe blood loss, internal hemorrhaging, and concussions.
Battle of Verdun: Men literally had their lungs burnt by poison gas, suffered with the foulest diseases of the 20th century, mowed down by Maxims, trench foot, I can go on...
Battle of Stalingrad: House to house fighting. Extremely brutal combat. Modern warfare at its rawest form. Soviets spraying krauts with their PPsh by the thousands, Germans popping slavs with their Mausers. Fucking sniping men with an anti tank rifle. How hardcore is that?
>Present: lolololol send in the drones, predator missles, and bomb them to dust. its too hot god and this MRE tastes like shit... I now have PTSD someone help me.
When will I ever see the glory days desu?
Pic Related; This guy apparently suffered a blow from a war hammer. His school broke into three different pieces but he still kept on fighting.
>>
File: post watergate.gif (91 KB, 956x523) Image search: [Google]
post watergate.gif
91 KB, 956x523
>>29897810
>When will I ever see the glory days desu?

Probably never again.
>>
Yeah, getting bombed into bits and not being able to do anything about it is somehow less hardcore than getting your skull smashed.
>>
>>29897832
It is though. Nothing is personal anymore. All this modern technology made warfare into a sport for the technologically capable nations.
>>
>>29897810
>Men literally had their lungs burnt by poison gas, suffered with the foulest diseases of the 20th century, mowed down by Maxims, trench foot,
>trudged through mud and hacked at each other to pieces. Some had their eyes popped out of their sockets, some had their skulls crushed, and most were either suffering from severe blood loss, internal hemorrhaging, and concussions.
>House to house fighting. Extremely brutal combat. Modern warfare at its rawest form. Soviets spraying krauts with their PPsh by the thousands, Germans popping slavs with their Mausers.
Why would anyone want this?
The edgy teenagers that make posts like these never seem to grasp that they wouldn't be square jawed CoD hero that ends up with a body count in the hundreds, they would be one of the countless thousands of poor saps that die like a bitch to something they could never have avoided and rot where they fall.
>>
>>29897859
It's not a matter of want. I honestly think that soldiers of the modern era got much more pussified than the soldiers of the past. I'm not downplaying their contributions or anything but I just feel like past soldiers had to endure more shit and went through it with silence.
>>
>>29897859
War should be a personal thing. If you're going to take another man's life you should at least look him in the eye instead of bombing him from afar. War was never meant to be easy.
>>
>>29897870

well, you're wrong. depictions of PTSD have been in war literature since antiquity. and a modern soldier faces more combat in one tour than a greek did in a lifetime.
>>
>>29897870
I'd ask how old you are but if you said you'd get banned wouldn't you
>>
Oh boy another "I was born in the wrong era if I lived in the olden days I could be a REAL MAN" faggot
>>
>>29897888
Can't put the genie back in the bottle.
Plus, if you want le manly warfare, there aint nothing stopping you from joining a LARP group.
>>
>>29897870
>and went through it with silence

>99% of people couldn't write
>Hurr nobody said anything about how bad it was

Utter fucking moron
>>
>>29898095
>>29897870

also, they did not "go through it in silence."

they drank heavily and beat their wives.
>>
This is very possibly the lowest-quality thread I've ever seen on 4chan.
>>
>Why is war so pussified?

Because the people that fight and win wars don't care about how manly they look or how badass they are for enduring horrible conditions or fighting through the pain or whatever the fuck.

They care about winning the war, as efficiently as possible.

War isn't about being a badass, it's not a place you go to get sicknasty scars to show off to your friends when you're done. War is not done in the name of your entertainment, you little dicksuck.

War is hell. You fight to win, not to look good, because the people who fought their battles flamboyantly or enforced pointless and crippling hardship upon themselves in the name of bragging inevitably lost.
>>
OP hasn't experienced any of the "modern war" that he is shrugging off.

It's all teenager talk.
>>
>>29897870
>went through it with silence.
read literally any memoir from literally every conflict. There will be griping, wanting to go home, crying etc. from all sides in every conflict since forever. Eat shit.
>>
>>29897810
PTSD was always a thing. People either turned to booze, or became fucking crazy.

I guarantee if you hacked someone up with a weapon designed at the dawn of the Bronze Age it would fuck you up enough to give you a lifetime of sleepless nights and alcoholism.
>>
>>29897810
>hurr durr why are soldiers today such pussies
>suffering is cool guys
There is nothing cool about any of that shit retard.

I've been starved, frozen, marched beyond exahustion, kept up for days, trudged over mountains and through swamps, all while being dirtier and nastier then your mom's pussy.

There's nothing cool about any of that. It's not cool to be fucking cold, being hungry isn't cool, same with having a heavy ruck, or any other shit you think is cool. We don't do that kind of shit to be cool, we do it because that's what it takes to win in combat. Nobody gives a shit about how "cool" or "hard" you are.
>>
>>29897810
this "real man" shit, and the "war must be personal" shit is so many levels of retarded.
war is not moral.
war is not based on being a badass.
war is not about watching your enemy die.
war is about winning.
and we have perfected a perfect formula for winning wars.
so please, go shove your edgefag retard bullshit up your ass and go eat a bullet.
and if you're too pussy to do that, go to a recruiter.
just because war isn't all melee anymore doesn't mean it isn't brutal, terrible, and insane.
>>
>>29897810
>>warfare get pussified
>>never participate in a war

How about a nice cup of stfu?
>>
There isn't a reason to not use advanced tech.
Why risk your own men if you can just shoot them from the other side of the planet with a drone?
>>
>>29897810
>war
>glory
I see you drank the kool aid. There's no glory just killing, surviving, or dying. Go away child.
>>
>>29897810
I wouldn't say that. While we still live computers will coexist with us, and not overtake combat duties. It still falls to us to make great strategic decisions. It'll have to take super AI to relieve us of war, and even then, we'll still need to work.
>>
>>29897810
Modern living, lack of pride and identity, and low testosterone in men.

A lot of the things you eat, drink, and touched are laced with estrogen or chemicals that hurt your testosterone. The strongest chemical on this planet, the one that built this species, is actually very weak when it comes to the science of it... Protect your test guys, if you're too far gone you need some roids to catch up.
>>
>>29897810
Better tech means we have more efficient ways of killing. Obviously we aren't going to be hacking enemies to death anymore when you could just drone em. Also warriors from all points of history did not take that shit in silence lmao.
>>
>>29898367
Go away non nordic
>>
>>29898412
Also just think how strange this concept is. Less people are killed by other people today than ever at any point in history. Caveman times, tribal warfare. Ancient times, slaughtering. Medieval times, burning people alive. There was so much conquest going on and even when there wasn't the law wasn't so strict that men would be killing each other over petty shit like fighting over women.

Just think how strange it is that so many men, the vast majority, have never taken a single life in this day and age compared to times passed.
>>
>>29898423
>nords

You made your women go to battle now they evolved to be more masculine, and the masculinization of women leads to the feminization of men. That's why they're all so cucked and give women legitimacy in government or other affairs.
>>
File: 2125424790_8a8e83bbb4.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
2125424790_8a8e83bbb4.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>29898412
>>29898433
>>
>>29898445
I don't think this is scientifically accurate at all, actually
>>
>>29897810
You should have posted the remains of a warrior who had both his legs cut out from under him by a skilled swordsman. Right through the shins. Either way, there is nothing glorifying about war. The only people who have that view are those who've never fought a war and those who are mentally ill. Hollywood is fake.
>>
>>29898433
It's all going to go to shit when we run out of resources. This will be remembered as the most prosperous time in human history
>>
>>29897810
This is an 18+ website.
>>
>>29898445
Just cause i say nordic doesn't mean i am Swedish.
You realize there is more than swedes in nordic catagory right?
>>
Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime.—
Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.
>>
>>29897810
Not everyone is russian, finnish, irish, scottish, or german. Thats what happened.
>>
>>29898474
Its all the same shit.
Buncha pasty social anxiety ass niggas.
>>
>>29898445
>i use metal album covers as historical fact: the post
>>
>>29898502
Nien. There is difference. Swedish give us the reputation of pussy ass bastards. Most of us live where its below zero and pitch black outside most of the year. All we have to do is drink, hunt, and fight. We live in frozen hell, to survive we must be sadistic, and mashionistic. The germans are the same way, So are the celtics. We enjoy pain, we enjoy fighting. the western world thinks that if you enjoy it; you are mentally ill.
>>
File: 1461675248388.jpg (41 KB, 417x417) Image search: [Google]
1461675248388.jpg
41 KB, 417x417
>>29898544
hate to break it to ya bud, you are in the western world, aside from the finns.
those niggas mongolian.
>>
>>29898544
Yes to enjoy war you must be a sociopath or psychopath.
>>
>>29898561
PERKELE we are not fucking mongols
>>
>>29898575
okay jukka
>>
>>29897810
>being this much of an autistic, naive, edgy teenager
>>
File: 1437376976475_0.png (222 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1437376976475_0.png
222 KB, 360x360
>>29897810
War is about efficiency. The more efficient you are at killing the enemy, the better you will fare when claiming land. In the middle ages, bludgeoning a man to death with a war hammer was the peak of efficiency. In world War one, gas and mgs were the rage. Drones, indirect fire, and long-range attacks in general are the current height of efficiency because they put large numbers of them enemy in danger with ought endangering your own people.

At a certain level of command, war ceases to be a personal fight for survival, and instead simply becomes a numbers game. Whatever makes those numbers look as favorable as possible is what gets used, regardless of how it looks or works.
>>
>>29898568
Most people would enjoy it man. It ain't like in the movies. Being shot and and shooting is a fucking rush. It's natural for people to get pumped up when some shit is going down
>>
>>29898239
>we have perfected a perfect formula for winning wars

I was taking you at face value before you said that.
>>
>>29898624
I wasn't being sarcastic. War is hell, only people with mental disorders enjoy war.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 338x305
>>29897888
>war
>honor
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 638x569) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 638x569
>>29898502
Wut u say about best nord?
>>
>>29898692
>nord
>not snow mongol

Just memeing though friend, Finland best land.
>>
>>29898624
>Confirmed for never seeing a kid die
>>
>>29898692
>Suomi
>Nordic
wut
>>
>>29898710
According to EU suomi into nord. ireland and scotland also into nord
>>
>>29898710
>This is what finns actually believe
>>
>>29898575
Mee nyt vittuun
>>
>>29897870
>silence

Google "the bonus army"

Basically a bunch of WWI vets that never got all the cheese government promised them. They set up a tent city and pulled an 'occupy' type thing. The powers in command sent the army to scare them off and burn the camp down. Unfortunatley they sent cant-into-politics MacArthur to do it, and he tried his best to hunt them down through the streets.

A fiasco.
>>
>>29897810
>not knowing when you're being watched or when death will suddenly fall upon you
>implying this isn't terrifying to think of
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-23-08-56-45.png (1002 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-23-08-56-45.png
1002 KB, 1920x1080
>>29897810

> Drove over a 400lb bomb
> Went off directly under my seat
> Shattered vertebrae and both heels
> Four (4) other soldiers in vehicle knocked out cold
> Never knocked out myself
> First though when I collected myself was "We're going to be ambushed and my gunner is dead, I need to man the .50."

I think you need to get off 4chānk and meet some veterans in real life.
>>
>>29900636

but anon you don't have a WARRIOR SPIRIT and you used a pussified gun in a pussified truck that ran over a pussified bomb. you know nothing of true combat, or to live by the sword.
>>
>>29900664

And an IED is? Or being shot at from a mile out? Or mortared? Or Suicide bombers?

Had them all, daily, so don't even try to tell me what a warrior spirit is and is not.

Once again, get of the internet and visit actual combat vets.

https://youtu.be/516mgqK5xi0

2010-2010 (IED sent me home early, as was ~65%ish of my platoon over the deployment, its normal that only one platoon is attacked the whole year, mine.)
>>
>ITT: MUH GUD OL DAYS
>>
I was stationed at OP Rock.
fucking dead ruskies came back from the dead to continue fighting and then they began fucking with my squad. Guess they got out gunned by some kebabs a while back in the 80s. So for revenge they came back from the dead. Still fighting their war. I guess they fuckng enjoyed hell so much they came back for seconds.
>>
>>29898113
This, I can envision OPs fedora spinning on his fat head.

>>29898412
The fuck do you even know about testosterone, your balls haven't even dropped?

>estrogen in muh water
Anti-birth control propaganda.

>>29898423
WE WUZ VIKINGS N SHIET
>>
>>29898162
Funny how we haven't won a war since WW2 tho
>>
>>29900749
Tl:dr

Ruskies enjoy war so much they come back from the dead for seconds. Other people on thw other hand are sane.
>>
>>29898433
Because west lives in a time of supreme welfare and there's WAY less need for violence.
Turns out prosperity solves a lot of problems.

>>29898445
Go home Varg.

>>29898474
>implying there are differences that matter

>>29898544
Once more: MUH VIKING HERITAGE MUFUCKA

>>29898624
You've never been to war you alcoholic pseudo-mongol, the fuck would you know? You'd shit your pants and sob endlessly when the first volley of machinegun fire tears off your legs.

>>29900704
I think he was being sarcastic and making fun of the autistic finntroll.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-18-11-01-51.png (569 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-18-11-01-51.png
569 KB, 720x1280
>>29897810
>>29897848
>>29897870
>>29897888
>>29898219
I guess I'm just a big fat pussy then.
>>
>>29900779
We haven't declared war since WWII
>>
>>29898544
>Most of us live where its below zero and pitch black outside most of the year. All we have to do is drink, hunt, and fight. We live in frozen hell

Bullshit. There hasn't been anything resembling a proper winter up here in, what, half a decade? And an old failure of a yakuza could count the total number we've had this millennia on the fingers of one hand.
>>
>>29897810
Since cameras and media was publicized. Men were always pussies who over exaggerated their claims.
>current year of our Lord
>people see war for the pussified tag match of politics it always was
>>
>>29897888
>*re-sheaths katana*
Psssst, nuthin' personal kid
>>
there is so much fedora in this thread it's not even funny.

OP is a gigantic fucking faggot as per usual.
>>
>>29898544
>We live in frozen hell, to survive we must be sadistic, and mashionistic.
Or you could just pay your utility bills.
>>
>>29897870
Ever heard of Audie Murphy.
>>
>>29900779
>Panama
>Grenada
>Gulf War
There's three, and I'd call Korea a draw.
>>
>>29897810
Law of Armed Conflict happened.
>>
>>29898642
Then you're an idiot.
>>
>>29900805
the russians don't enjoy war, they're just conscripts endlessly beaten by the drunk enlisted, underfed, and strung up for weeks on end by their arms and beaten mercilessly if they try to escape it
>>
File: 1457426527213.jpg (129 KB, 553x569) Image search: [Google]
1457426527213.jpg
129 KB, 553x569
>>29898642

I enjoyed it as did more than half my platoon.

Wanna know what kind of "men" didn't enjoy it? One was a Katana worshipping neo-hippy, another was my limp wristed LT that eventually got, basically, fired for being unable to 'fight effectively' and third was a black man, transfered from Navy, who once said "We need an NCO!" during a firefight, cowering behind sand bags, while he was and had been an E-5 the whole deployment!...I outranked him as an E-3 because I could fill my role.
>>
>>29901546
They should bring back battlefield promotions
>>
File: Polandball 60.png (530 KB, 1000x7464) Image search: [Google]
Polandball 60.png
530 KB, 1000x7464
> His school broke into three different pieces but he still kept on fighting.

WELL GOLLY GEE I HOPE HE WAS ABLE TO MAKE TO CLASS ON TIME

BA DUM JUDEN
>>
>>29901546
>That motard shit
I hope you didn't buy the "teufelhund" meme.
>>
>>29897810
So what did you do when you served?
>>
>>29901726

What? Motard? Teufelhund? Buy [into] a meme?

Can you stop speaking like a meme so I can understand you?
>>
>>29901839
>doesn't even know what a motard is
Some Marine you are, neverserved. And this is coming from someone in the Air Force.
>>
File: 1462807460829.jpg (33 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1462807460829.jpg
33 KB, 400x343
>>29901675
that damn pic, anon
i came here to shitpost, not feel
>>
File: 37977_457642921342_2802897_n.jpg (42 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
37977_457642921342_2802897_n.jpg
42 KB, 720x405
>>29901880

Never said I was a marine, nearly showing that the enemy sees us as warriors. Great job following the thread.

You're air force, faggot, you're in the most pussified branch! I killed people and found it fun(ny).
>>
>>29897848
I mean why would anyone want to develop weapons to that would give them an advantage in war? Fucking pussies man.
>>
>>29902120
So you were in the Army, literally the worst branch. Even the Marines have more pride than you dogfaces, you were only in because you couldn't cut it in any other branch.

>Maintaining air superiority across half the globe is cake, it's not like their maintainers work 14 hour shifts and spend months away from their families
I'm sure you weren't calling us pussies when you needed a little BRRRRRRRT to save your ass. Dumb fucking ground pounder.
>>
>>29901133
ayy, rekt
>>
>>29898624
>>29898609
>>29898630
>>29898666
>>29898692
>>29898706
>>29898701
>>29898710
>>29898739

When I go home people'll ask me, "Hey Anon, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda war junkie?" You know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.
>>
All the good men died in WWII.
It wasn't just warfare that got nipped.
>>
>>29902714
Not the motard, but "dogface" only applies to 3rd ID. Spout shit you understand, at least. Most of us "ground pounders" appreciate the logistical elements and the other branches roles in the game, but fuck the Marines. Every single one.
>>
having less people on your side die is considered a good thing last i checked.
>>
>>29897810
>kept fighting.
No the fuck he didnt.
>>
File: war fiend.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
war fiend.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>29897810

Battle of Towton, 29th March 1461:

>28000 dead

That's more than fucking Antietam or Gettysburg. Jesus Christ.

>The first day on the Somme, July 1st 1916, when almost 20,000 died, is generally seen as Britain's greatest military disaster, cutting the flower of the nation down like summer corn. Yet Towton trumped even that bloody day in carnage and sheer savagery.

England population in 1460: ~2.5 million.

1.12% of England's entire population died on that one day.

/r/ing a Towton version of this gif.
>>
>>29903577
>Most of us "ground pounders" appreciate the logistical elements and the other branches roles in the game
That a fact? Nearly every single soldier I've come across has been a snide little bitch about how they used to "own us", that we should go back to being the Army Air Corps. And I'm on a joint base, give me a fucking break.
>>
>>29897870
Jesus fuck. Join the army and see how it's like for yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 640x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 640x1080
>>29897810
So what you're saying is that you want to join ISIS and that you think ISIS are the cool guys?
>>
>>29901911
>shitposts
Die in a hole.
>>
>>29897810
There is no glory in war anon
>>
>>29897810
Look at the Highway of Death in the First Gulf War if you want an idea of just how terrible war is now. In the old days you could at least try and run when things went sideways. Now? You'll either get bombed, flash fried by a DU round that just went through the tank next to you before taking out yours as well, or any number of other really nasty ways to go.

War is hell, we just took most of the heroics out of it.
>>
File: sDjhdok.png (52 KB, 299x149) Image search: [Google]
sDjhdok.png
52 KB, 299x149
>>
>>29901911
Eat a bullet.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.