[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bowie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (367 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
367 KB, 1500x1000
Does /k/ know where to purchase an American made Bowie knife similar to to one in the picture?
>>
>>29892995
The internet.
>>
>>29892995
>Bowie
He's dead m8.
>>
Why do you make this thread every week?
>>
Cold steel Laredo, trail master, marauder, frontier.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 750x1334
>>29892995
Pic related is mine

It's a mossy oak, they sell them at wal mart for about $20

I like it because it's cheap enough for me to use and not feel like I just scratched to shit my $170 knife imported from the asshole of some Italian watchmaker in the Alps.

Pros
>cheap
>full tang
>thick blade
>wooden grips
>brass

Cons
>Walmart knife
>heavy
>not a knife you want for showmanship or super high quality

Overall it's a nice innawoods knife if that's what you want it for. Just don't leave the blade near a fire because it'll duck up the color like mine on the tip.

Related; anyone know how to get rid of that discoloration? Is it bad?
>>
>>29893153
>duck up

Autocorrect yuo are wurst correct
>>
>>29893153
if the colorization is carbonization, it can be washed off. although i suspect it is not carbonization but a tempering. when you expose steel to heat, youll notice the color of the steel changes on a spectrum, depending on how hot you make it

changing the temper changes the properties of that metal, and in your case, nullifies any heat treatment given to the knife. although since its a walmart knife, it may not have any notable heat treatment done to it.

either way, this coloration is only on the surface, and a rigorous sanding should remove it. ive never done it
>>
>>29892995
Google search is your friend...
>>
>>29892995
It is a S&W Texas Hold 'Em bowie that had the handle replaced with a custom antler one, and the blade markings removed.
>>
>>29893894
Awesome, I sorta like the way it looks so I might just keep it since it doesn't seem to be a too much of a hinderance
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.