[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This says it will fit a PTR 91, but will t do so without me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: g3-od-steel-trigger-pack.jpg (26 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
g3-od-steel-trigger-pack.jpg
26 KB, 550x550
This says it will fit a PTR 91, but will t do so without me making modifications? Will it have the shelf installed?

http://www.keepshooting.com/g3-steel-trigger-group.html
>>
>>29891737
It doesn't appear to be clipped and pinned, which will not work in a PTR as is. I think it's easier just to buy one that's already had it done, it's usually cheaper to buy them like that.
>>
>>29891737
this is semi only right?
>>
>>29893774
This is a full auto lower, however it will only work in a semi-auto rifle after being clipped and pinned.
>>
>>29891737
>but will t do so without me making modifications?
No.
>Will it have the shelf installed?
No.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-09-20-03-51.png (159 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-09-20-03-51.png
159 KB, 720x1280
>>29891737
>>
>>29893891
i find it interesting that you can buy this. What prevents a PTR-91 from dropping this in and firing in full auto exactly? Ive never shot a g3 or clone so im not familiar with it Is it like a commercial spec AR where the bolt is different?
>>
>>29895440
No, there is like a metal bit that you would have to mill out, I forget what it's called. It was specifically added to the HK91 to prevent exactly what you are suggesting
>>
>>29895440
As the previous poster mentioned, the semi-auto rifles have a shelf on them that the ATF requires to prevent conversion to full auto. Also, the full auto rifles have a lower that swings downward when the rifle is field stripped, as opposed to completely detaching like they do on the semi-auto guns.

HK Parts has a page that shows how the full and semi-auto guns differ.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HKParts-Services-c72.htm
>>
>>29895440

You can buy the F/A fire parts for an AR or AK pattern rifle easily, too.

They even come with some demilled parts kits.

The entire NFA is pretty much based on "That's illegal, don't do that" and not the difficulty of doing it.
>>
>>29895481
>>29895750
thanks guys, i understand now

>>29895821
I know how the AR parts work because I have a lot of experience with ARs and m4/m16's, but I didn't know how the G3 worked, and it looked a lot like you could just swap trigger groups with two pins. I get it now though, it would actually be easier to make an AR full auto than a G3 I think
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.