[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USAF TO HAVE LASER CANNONS BY 2023
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: outfuckingstanding.jpg (97 KB, 1024x717) Image search: [Google]
outfuckingstanding.jpg
97 KB, 1024x717
http://www.scout.com/military/warrior/story/1666650-af-fighters-drones-fire-laser-weapons-2020s

>IT'S HAPPENING
>>
Neat.
>>
Boondoggle.
>>
So we could have laser-armed spookies? Holy shit that's awesome.
>>
MIRROR SHIELDS GO
>>
>>29889289
This.

What's the upside to using lasers even?

Gunpowder and rocket fuel are already pretty fucking good ways to store energy, especially if you want to shoot things with that energy. And even more so if you happen to live on a planet with an atmosphere, and weather, and dust that fuck with pew pew lasers.
>>
File: lazor planet.jpg (59 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
lazor planet.jpg
59 KB, 1440x900
>>29889305
I think they'd be a separate airframe based on a stock Hercules (similar to the 747 platform for earlier anti-ICBM chemical lasers) since the lasers would be enormous at first. Given the amount of /b/tards in the military we should eventually see one of them with shoop da woop nose art.
>IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR
>>
>>29889377
>What's the upside to using lasers even?
Lasers with sufficient power are 100% guaranteed point and shoot kills with no need to lead the target since they travel at the speed of light. A plane powering up lasers has no change in its RCS or any visual hints so you don't even get a chance to dodge it.
>>
>>29889076
>russia tries their nuke kablooky shabbadoey nonsense after getting pissed at the USA
>we break out our SDI star wars satellites and FULLY OPERATIONAL Death stars to zap the Ruskies along with remove putin.
>don't vape the muslims because they aren't white enough to destroy and it would be offensive.
>>
>>29889402
>implying Trump wouldn't order the Death stars to target Mecca, Medina, and Riyadh the instant the Russkies were dead
>>
>>29889408
>implying the merchants and NWO will let redpilled Trump to win in a rigged election.

Better lube up your rifles m8, because that's what its going to take to restore democracy and put Trump in.
>>
File: DM_Blue_FramingMirror_Step6_.jpg (322 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
DM_Blue_FramingMirror_Step6_.jpg
322 KB, 600x600
Deploying countermeasures.
>>
>>29889377
Impossible to dodge, for one.

Obscenely fast muzzle velocity for another. Shooting down missiles becomes more plausible with lasers rather than guns.
>>
>>29889749
>Mirrors are 100% reflective
top keke
>>
>>29889377
Cost per shot.

Yes lasers are expensive NOW but the cost has dropped for the same output.

Imagine an AA or Anti-missile shield. Patriots and stuff are expensive, per shot.

A laser is CHEAP. Super cheap. As in, a few bucks to shoot down a bird. With no real chance to dodge.
>>
>>29889402
>implying Slavic troglodytes are white
>>
File: Ignorecaeser.png (192 KB, 680x545) Image search: [Google]
Ignorecaeser.png
192 KB, 680x545
>>29889377
>>
>>29889385
>shoop da woop nose art
My body is ready
>>
>>29889749
High powered lasers burn through reflective surfaces.
The only effective defense I can think of is spinning mirror shields or a spinning reflective projectictile.
>>
>>29890042
That combined with ceramic shielding used for spacecraft.
>>
>>29889076
They will also have zero morale, tranny officers, sjw's, and fat women who have been pussy pedestaled to the top of the chain.
>>
File: 1410813485644.png (89 KB, 693x400) Image search: [Google]
1410813485644.png
89 KB, 693x400
>>29889950
House pls. Lasers aren't that great
>>
>>29890042
>projectictile
projectile
>>
>>29889941
The U.S. Navy's laser costs 37 cents to fire
>>
>>29889948
Well they are more white then the majority of derks.

C'mon you know its true.
>>
Got a lot of edgemasters in this thread with limited actual knowledge of lasers

-upkeep will be serious as in if a surface is dirty you will probably incinerate your laser from the inside out
-range is very much limited despite what you might believe
-lasers aren't very effective at delivering energy, I mean shit they have looked at this and the damage is mostly superficial and ablative plus you are dumping energy into air by ionizing the atmosphere the beam travels through
-you can probably mitigate damage by using reflective surfaces for the laser's wavelength and no it is never 100% but you can get very close
-you need a fuckload of power to actually have a damaging laser
-you need a very high degree of alignment to actually make a laser work (how high depends on things like mirror configuration) so imagine if you are having turbulence or take small arms fire: rip laser either by being directly destroyed or refractive elements gaining imperfections leading to the laser destroying itself

Neat but I think it is impractical. The railgun which is basically our other big wunderwaffen actually seems promising while this does not.
>>
File: excuse me commissar.png (28 KB, 271x284) Image search: [Google]
excuse me commissar.png
28 KB, 271x284
>>29889377
>What's the upside to using lasers even
>>
>>29890244
>implying we can't just shove it in a C130
It will be like a Spectre without the collateral damage.
>>
File: Julius_Caesar.jpg (118 KB, 738x931) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Caesar.jpg
118 KB, 738x931
>>29890244
>I know more than professionals
Ok.
>>
>>29891365
implying no one on 4chan is capable of getting degree in something other than dank meme creation
>>
>>29891631
I'm calling bullshit
>>
>>29890078
>implicationizing that muh sjws will take over the US
Not happening any time soon, you're being irrational anon
>>
>>29889408
>Trump
>not allying Putin and restoring the one true church to power in the holy land
>>
>>29889076
I always wondered what happened to ABL. Now we know.
>>
>>29890104
Don't argue with science komrade.
>>
File: Excalibur.jpg (93 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur.jpg
93 KB, 520x390
THE DEMON LORD SHALL TAKE EXCALIBUR!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.