[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw live In Alberta >Fort McMurray is burning to shit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 123431243124.png (168 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
123431243124.png
168 KB, 300x300
>tfw live In Alberta
>Fort McMurray is burning to shit, hearing some anons talk about how they had to bug out and fucking up bad because of the stress of the situation
So, this whole event has basically made me realize that the vast majority of everything people post as part of their but out bags is next to fucking useless in an actual SHTF situation (I mean what the fuck is a helmet or plate carrier gonna do against a fire or earthquake? You can't shoot a fucking tornado to death).

So tell me /k/, if I wanted to start a bug out bag, what is some genuinely useful shit I'd want? Of course some non-perishable food, plenty of water, and a good quality backpack are musts.
>>
Food, Water, Radio, Fire Starters, Batteries, Flashlight, Whistle, the list can go on.
>>
>>29885678
>can't shoot a tornado
You've never hunted a tornado before?
>>
>>29885713
Everyone knows the proper way to hunt a tornado is with a spear
>>
>>29885678
Funnily enough there is a place you can use to start researching
http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/index-eng.aspx
>>
Sanitation stuff (toilet paper, hand sanitizer). Some first aid--something to disinfect wounds with, in particular. Don't wanna get shit infected.

Might vary depending on what your local catastrophes are likely to be, too. If it's gonna be an ice storm or a blizzard, road salt and warm clothes and a stove with fuel or some equivalent. If it's gonna be a hurricane, sandbags and boards for your windows (or something, IDK, never lived in hurricane country.). Etc.
>>
>>29885713
someone post the screencap of k hunting tornados
>>
File: 1403614323275.jpg (373 KB, 1254x1771) Image search: [Google]
1403614323275.jpg
373 KB, 1254x1771
>>29885771
>Road salt in a fucking BoB
>>
Your best option is to have one basic Bob with your basic supplies that you will need regardless of situation. Then have multiple smaller attachable bags with supplies that are situation specific.
>>
>>29885821
this
>>
>>29885678
My BOB gets thrown in my car in that situation and is my oh shit gear if I have to abandon the car
Obviously in that situation you pack enough food for a few days, clothes for 1 week, tents, rope, tools, guns, valuables.

After that, if you have room, get your most valuable stuff like computer and what not
>>
>>29885734
Fucking nigger spearchucker.

A true /k/ommando uses a harpoon.
>>
>>29885678
I've got about a quarter gram of crystal methamphetamine in my bug out bag because sometimes you've gotta stay sharp & awake for four days in a row.
>>
>>29885678
>Typical /k/ bug out bag
>Plate Carrier
>Six knives
>Three axes
>7 guns
>900 rounds of ammo, multiple calibres
>maybe some snacks
>lol who needs water
>>
>>29885771
>never lived in hurricane country
Most important thing is a kayak to cruise through flooded streets. It's lots of fun.
>>
>>29885821
Not him, but it might be a good idea in snowy regions where your car is stuck in snow/ice and wheels don't have traction
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.