[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The air raid sirens just went off in Will County Illinois. WTF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 17
File: oh shit.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
The air raid sirens just went off in Will County Illinois. WTF is going on /k/?
>>
Air raid sirens still exist in cities?

I didn't know.

Sure it's not a tornado siren or something?
>>
>>29875583
Test.
>>
>>29875583
Test, you sperg
>>
/k/ I SWEAR TO CHRIST I'M NOT JOKING

>>29875604
THE WEATHER IS CALM BUT WE HAVE THREE NUKE PLANTS IN THE COUNTY.

ARE YOU SEEING ANYTHING ON THE BROADCAST NEWS OUTLETS.

I'M AM HONESTLY SCARED TO FUCKING DEATH RIGHT NOW
>>
>>29875622
AT MIDNIGHT ON A SUNDAY MORNING..NOOOO.

THEY TEST FIRST TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH

I CAN'T GET THROUGH TO ANY POLICE, SHERIFF AND 911 JUST RINGS AND RINGS.

I'M REALLY WORRIED /k/....FIND SOMETHING OUT FOR ME GUYS.
>>
>>29875644
its a test
>>
>>29875583
A squadron of Mitsubishi Zero's were spotted in your area.
>>
>>29875583
NH nuclear emergency responser here. Looked up your area. Tune to AM 720, 780, or 890. They would not intentionally sound those sirens without making an Emergency Alert System broadcast on one of those stations in your area.
>>
>>29875583
bump because this is pretty interesting
Post webms of the meltdown OP
>>
>>29875659
There are no tests at midnight anon.

I swear to god I'm not telling here. Every emergency phone line is just ringing and ringing. Please look into this.
>>29875668
That's cute. If your area's Warning sirens just went off I'm sure I'd be fucking with you. I'm scared you fuckking cunt. I have small children.
>>29875682
>Emergency Alert System broadcast
can you check Will County Illinois for me anon, please??
>>
>>29875682
*Responder.

Stations participating in the Will County EAS include:
Radio
WJOL - 1340 AM
WSSR - 96.7 FM
WJCH - 91.9 FM
WCCQ - 98.3 FM
WRXQ - 100.7 FM

Television
Comcast Cable Systems
>>
>>29875583
Alarmed bump
>>
>>29875714
Nothings happening, it's either a test or an accident
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x169
>>29875714
Take it down one Capt America. Everything is cool.
>>
File: 1462684176087.gif (204 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
1462684176087.gif
204 KB, 300x150
THE HAPPENING MIGHT BE HAPPENING CHERNOBLY STYLE
>>
In my small town in Finland we have a factory that uses tons of chemicals to make their products. The town tests its siren system every monday and if it's not a test, it could mean one of the following:

1) Test procedure.
2) Industrial accident (chemical leak).
3) Russian bomber fleet attack.

You better just listen to your local radio station and/or emergency frequencies and grab your BOB, just in case.
>>
>>29875716
>WSSR - 96.7 FM
>not currently broadcasting an EAS despite sirens sounding

Most likely scenario, then, is some fuckass inadvertently sounded local sirens. It happens. We found out at one point that our siren procedures had been written wrong for years, and it would have been super easy to accidentally activate sirens during routine ops.
>>
>>29875604
Outdoor alert sirens are in most major US cities. They're part of the old civil defense infrastructure but they have other purposes too (often severe-weather related, sometimes to muster volunteer firefighters in rural areas). Depending on where you live they get tested quite frequently.

The "alert" tone is the one that stays high, whereas the "attack" tone is the one that goes up and down and up and down. They usually test both, but you will only hear the attack tone for real during an actual attack, whereas an alert tone can have many meanings.
>>
Sorry guys false alarm, sorry for making myself look like a autist it was just a warning to townsfolk to stop ramming my ass on the reg, haha
>>
>>29875658
>>29875714

Just because there are no scheduled tests doesn't mean the sirens won't go off.

It could be a malfunction(the thing the regular tests are supposed to prevent), it could be human error(operator hits wrong button, gets wrong data, etc), or there could genuinely be some reason like bad weather they are going off.

Could be a neighbor's strange alarm.

Could be anything.

Don't panic OP. If there is a disaster word tends to spread quickly.
>>
>>29875583
the alert radio says nothing about a skinwalker attack.

i wouldn't worry about it...

>but serious, no noting on the radio
>>
>>29875716
I can't even stream the emergency broadcast channels anon...I'm losing my shit. Can you stream the Emergecy broacast systems for Will COunty Illinoius? We have three fucking nuke plants with in 15 miles of our home. DO i need to get the fuck out
>>29875734
>Nothings happening, it's either a test or an accident
Great, I'm so glad you are sure everything is fine
>>29875804
The thing is when our siren stopped I heard several others sounding.

I'm not some chicken little sissy bitch anon. I'm fucking scared
Can anyone call there sherries non emergency line and ask..maybe someone from Wisconsin or Indiana.
I would absolutely do this for you anons
>>
File: 1452477422300.jpg (266 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1452477422300.jpg
266 KB, 960x960
>>29875583
Updates?
>>
>>29875583
the alert radio says nothing about a skinwalker attack.

i wouldn't worry about it...

>>
>>29875894
>Great, I'm so glad you are sure everything is fine
Dont worry, when you realize youre over reacting you'll thank me
>>
Everyone, I'm not trolling here. I'm am scared shitless and am getting ready to bug out heading west. I have a wife and two small kids. Any help finding out what MY local emergency broadcasts are sayiong would be so greatfelly apprecieated you will never know. I have no cell signal and I can;t find anything on the internet.

The local law enforcement phones aren't being answered and that includes FUCKING 911...IT'S JUST RINGING AND RINGING

>>29875838
you fucking cunt
>>29875875
Thanks you so very much captain obvious. As I have posted there is no weather condition of any kind around
>Could be a neighbor's strange alarm.
You fucking idiot, I said it was the fucking air raid siren FFS . God almighty I'm alone.
>>29875893
Thank you so much.
Where are you at anon? Anywhere near Illinois?
>>
Reminds me of when im visiting family in portugal in the summer. They use the siren to call all the volunteer fire fighters to the station. Entire country lights up like a match in the summer. Visiting the fires is fun.
>>
>>29875894
Nothin' on the radio 'cept Tim McGraw and Sammy Kershaw. Go to bed. Some fuckass in a local firehouse spilled his coffee on the EAS board.
>>
File: 1452283510828.jpg (60 KB, 400x546) Image search: [Google]
1452283510828.jpg
60 KB, 400x546
>>29875583
Imagine if something really did happen. You would be fucked. This goes to show most /k/ommandos can't handle any sort of SHTF or emergency situation.
>>
>>29875956
wow dude stop being such an assman
>>
>>29875956
>I have no cell signal and I can;t find anything on the internet.
Get your ass outside, get in your car, and tune to these freqs >>29875716
>>29875682. I pulled up 3 streams, nothing on any of them.
>>
>>29875956
IL WIS border and i got all the midwest NOAA and EBS stations
>>
>>29875963
>Some fuckass in a local firehouse spilled his coffee on the EAS board.
The problem with that is I heard the sirens for near by towns going off as ours shut down. Some kind of fuck up would be our town, with others involved I'm worried. Like I said we have three nuke plants with in 15 miles.

This could be bad guys. I swear to fucking God I'm not trolling.

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET THE LIVE STREAM OF NEWS RADIO 780 OR NEWS RADIO 890 OUT OF CHICAGO???

PLEASE GUYS I'M BEGGING HERE
>>
>>29875956

Calm the fuck down.

There is a massive emergency alert system in place, you'd have found out something is going wrong by now.
>>
>>29875964
>this is a example of how flustered the average person will be in a shtf scenario
>>
This thread is retarded and OP is overreacting. Nothing's happening, idiots.
>>
>>29876003
>I swear to fucking God I'm not trolling.
Someone who was not trolling would be in their car, surfing radio stations.

Ignore the /b/tard guys. I'm going to bed.
>>
>>29876027
>idiots
>plural
nobody here except op is overreacting
>>
>>29875604
In case the Russians nuke us to death.
They usually test them every few years on low power.
>>29875583
>>29875644
If the sirens aren't a fucking deafening blast of screeching agony then it's a growl test. I don't know if you've ever heard them during a full power test but it's a night and day difference.
>>
If you are genuinely worried grab your shit and go spend the night in a hotel. Best case scenario for you nothing happens and no one can blame you because the alert system telling you to leave went off. Worst case for you, you really did need to go.

Best case for me, I helped you. Worst case, this is a bad cosplay thread.
>>
>>29875980
>I pulled up 3 streams, nothing on any of them

Thank you NH bro. Seriously thanks. I figure if it was incoming ICBM's they would have landed in the 50 minutes since the sirens went off. I still worry about some Chernobyl shit but I lived here so it's on me.

You are saying you listened to radio 890 or 780 in Chicago and they were all normal ? Thank you anon.

>>29875989
>IL WIS border and i got all the midwest NOAA and EBS stations
And they ain't losing thier shit? You have listened/

Thank you Wisconson Illinois border bro.

Living near Zion nuke plant you have to understand right?
>>29876004
>There is a massive emergency alert system in place,
I know....mine just went full fucking retard asshole
NOPE. I'm ready to shelter in place of GTFO. I have a road vehicle with 120 gallons of gas and in it I have a month of food for my family. I and my wife are fucking strapped, armed and ready. We have plenty of ammo and a place to go to with a year of everything we need.
If you think you would do better than I have been ... waking up to your emergency warning sirens screaming than good on ya fucko... but don't think I ain't prepared,. I've been on /k/ for ever. I know whats up.
>>
>>29876058

>and everybody wins dragon dildos and moist nuggets in the end
>>
>>29876068
If something were legit happening in Whereeverthefuck, Illinois we would know. You're being autistic. Calm the fuck down.
>>
File: 1458336973195.jpg (11 KB, 236x352) Image search: [Google]
1458336973195.jpg
11 KB, 236x352
>>29875668

I raughed and rost.
>>
Kim Jong Un had enough of your shitposting and is sacrificing the global balance of power just to glass your ass
>>
>>29876033
>Someone who was not trolling would be in their car, surfing radio stations
Right... lets see how you act when the sirens wake you up NH bro. When you can't get through to any of your local law enforcement dispatch offices.

I'm not some fucking chicken little.
>>29876035
>nobody here except op is overreacting
How the fuck would you react?
>>29876053
>If the sirens aren't a fucking deafening blast of screeching agony then it's a growl test. I don't know if you've ever heard them during a full power test but it's a night and day difference.
They were fucking screaming for almost two full minutes. When the siren for my town was shutting down I could hear the sirens for outlying towns still sounding. This is what freaked me out. If it was just the siren in my town and I could get through to our cities non emergency dis[patch or the counties non emergency dispatch our even the nearest statie lodges dispatch I would nave never started this fucking thread.
>>29876097
>If something were legit happening in Whereeverthefuck, Illinois we would know.
I can tell you're not from Illinois. If you were from here you would have as little confidence in your local ESDA as I have in mine anon. Shots real fucked up here.
>>
isn't your radio airing anything?
Either go into your basement or abandon the town.
>>
>>29876123
>How the fuck would you react?
Find out if its a test or not, call 911, check local news twitter accounts, assuming i get no answers or bad news i get the fuck out

But youre hesitant, your bloodline is weak and you wont survive the first month of nuclear winter
>>
>>29876123
If you're so concerned about it, then why the fuck are you wasting time responding to literally everybody in the thread? Either get your shit together and prepare to bug out or quit wasting our time with your LARPy bullshit.
>>
>>29876068
yes i understand
had family that worked in byron i get it
but i heard noting on EBS and our sirens would be going off here

also if its Best Korea or something the midwest would be the last to know and i dont hear any east or west koast komandos freaking out

>i wouldn't worry about it...
>>
File: 1462539914993.webm (3 MB, 638x480) Image search: [Google]
1462539914993.webm
3 MB, 638x480
>>29876068
If you're prepared, you should have a radio with your local frequencies programmed into it. Turn it on and start scanning.

It could be the fire department. I just got back from a call myself (hence why I'm on a Cambodian weasel breeding message board at 0200) and the siren woke me up before my radio did. If a fire is large enough, multiple departments are called and this would result in the ping pong style sirens going off.

Either that or your entire family is about to be engulfed in a radioactive blizzard that'll make Chernobyl look like a dusty ceiling fan.
>>
>>29876123
If you're by an EPZ you should be able to check your radio / tv to see if anything is up.
If the sirens didn't run sustained for around five minutes (not felt like five minutes, actually five minutes) then it's a test.
It's also been an hour bro. The sirens don't mean evacuate they mean check for info.
>>
>>29876188
You shouldn't worry about nukes, anon, but you should always worry about skinwalkers.
>>
>>29875644
>implying nuclear power is dangerous
I will /sci/ your asshole shut
>>
>>29875644
>THE WEATHER IS CALM BUT WE HAVE THREE NUKE PLANTS IN THE COUNTY.
And fucking nothing. It's a test. Happens every 3rd (? maybe second)Tuesday of the month where I live.
>>
>>29876068
>NOPE. I'm ready to shelter in place of GTFO. I have a road vehicle with 120 gallons of gas and in it I have a month of food for my family. I and my wife are fucking strapped, armed and ready. We have plenty of ammo and a place to go to with a year of everything we need.

You failed the test. One of the nuke plants blew 30 minutes into your bait thread and all dem preps will be used by someone smart enough to own a fucking weather radio, or even check local Twitter.
>>
>now, when the ambassardos phone melts, it will produce a high, shrill sound. that will alert us if moscow is destroyed.
it's a test you fucking retard.
if it was real, your tv would be blasting an EAM, radios would be broadcasting instructions, and everyone else would be losing their shit.
>>
>>29875963
>Some fuckass in a local firehouse spilled his coffee on the EAS board.
>inna furstation
>it's fap o'clock
>have my fap sauce
>have my fapkins
>ready one portion of fap sauce
>inadvertently put down bottle of fap sauce on the "OH SHI-" button
>somewhere some dude is shitting the bed and carpet because of siren
>Don't care, because it's time to fap
>>
>>29876132
>isn't your radio airing anything?
Normal broadcast scheduled
>>29876166
>, call 911
Every emergency and non emergency center is just ringing and ringing anon, what would you be thinking if you were in my shoes???
>>29876169
I have no fucking idea what I'm facing anon. And it fucking matters when deciding to bug out or shelter in place. If it's a local thing we bug the fuck out with a quickness heading west away from the radiation of a nuke plant failure...if we are about to get nuked into the stone age it's time to shelter in place. Why can't you understand that I can't get any fucking info!!!!!
>>29876188
>i wouldn't worry about it...
Thank you for that.
After an hour and a half I'm thinking it as an anomaly but HOLY FUCK to get woke up to that....am I right anon?
>>29876192
>If you're prepared, you should have a radio with your local frequencies programmed into it.
Bro, it's all normal programming. But after the EBS warnings going off who the fuck knows, come on anon... put yourself in my shoes. I called the non emergency dispatch for my towns cops and the county sheriff's and the state cops for 45 minutes and never got an answer, they fucking rang and rang. Are you saying this wouldn't have had you spinning anon? Honestly?
>>29876206
>If the sirens didn't run sustained for around five minutes (not felt like five minutes, actually five minutes) then it's a test.
I never heard this. We have tornadoes at least twice a year and those warnings last about the same 90 seconds as I heard tonight. But it wasn't any where near 5 minutes so there is that.
THANK YOU ANON, I did not know this.
>>
Dude, DuPage county here. Calm down. It's nothing. It's not a test, that's 1st Tuesday of every month at 10. Occasionally they fuck up and hit the tornado sirens. It happens. The've done it to the one by me a couple times.
>>
>>29876206
>It's been an hour bro. The sirens don't mean evacuate they mean check for info.
Yea... it has been over 90minutes since the sirens started screaming. There have been no more warnings and I believe if Russia or China was dropping warheads they would have hit by now.

I just want to say I wasn't trolling. I was honestly scared shitless. This is the last straw for my fucking state, these sirens going off for no reason mean when they go off because some shit is really happening we won;t pay attention.

I'm moving out of this commie shithole as soon as I can
>>29876209
>you should always worry about skinwalkers.
I don't worry about that and neither should you
>>29876247
>Happens every 3rd (? maybe second)Tuesday of the month where I live.
Yep, at exactly 10 AM anon, not midnight with no info anywhere. Fuck off.
>>29876286
>all dem preps will be used by someone smart enough to own a fucking weather radio, or even check local Twitter.
You fucking fuck. There was no other info anywhere, just the most important info of the fucking early warning system...can't you understand that idiot?

The best we have is our early warning system and mine just failed horribly I guess. You act like ignoring the fucking air raid warnings is a fine idea....fuck you.
>>29876293
>it's a test you fucking retard.
By federal law test are scheduled to the first Tuesday of any month @ 10 AM asshole, now what ?
>if it was real, your tv would be blasting an EAM, radios would be broadcasting instructions, and everyone else would be losing their shit.
I don't think you understand how fucked up things are in any given bureaucracy anon. If you think your state is a lot better I have news for you.

I asked my Brother here on /k/ for information, I received that info and said how grateful I was for that several times. You are just a cunt bitch who is probably 14 and never faced anything even remotely dangerous.
Tell you what kiddie, my nutz are so God damn fresh you can suck'em
>>
Gee, I wonder if a siren going off exactly at midnight might be some kind of bug. Nope, it's actually Red Dawn in progress.
>>
>>29876331
>>If you're prepared, you should have a radio with your local frequencies programmed into it.
Bro, it's all normal programming. But after the EBS warnings going off who the fuck knows, come on anon... put yourself in my shoes. I called the non emergency dispatch for my towns cops and the county sheriff's and the state cops for 45 minutes and never got an answer, they fucking rang and rang. Are you saying this wouldn't have had you spinning anon? Honestly?

No, I wouldn't be spinning simply because I can tune into the local Fire, EMS, police, utility, HAM and GMRS frequencies. Even if the phone doesn't work, the TV is shit and the car radio is fucked, someone is broadcasting at some level, especially in a situation like the one your mentally jacking it to. Go ask your neighbor! Go ask your wife's son! Get the fuck out the house and away from the Philipino Wood Working Forum and get some answers or go to sleep and pray to black Jesus that you wake up tomorrow morning.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to eat dinner chicken marsala pizza, have an angry fap and go to sleep. God speed
>>
>>29876419
dude stfu, you shouldnt have guns imo
>>
>>29876429
Dupage Bro here, what town in Will? Joliet?

If you want, I'll try calling.
>>
>>29876419
> There was no other info anywhere, just the most important info of the fucking early warning system...can't you understand that idiot?
So walk outside and take a look-see, ya big dummy. At that point that's the only thing you can do. If it looks like there's a happening happening, run, if not, have a beer and apologize to /k/
>>
>>29876337
Thanks for your post and I do appreciate it bit IT WASN'T A FUCKING TEST. It was a colossal fuck up if anything. The tests are at a predetermined time not at midnight on a Sunday .

Do you have three nuke plants near you...two of them less than 7 miles away? Fuck you acting like those fucking sirens screaming in the middle of the night ain't shit.

But if DuPage isn't getting bombed with warnings then I'm probably good.
>>
File: ray.jpg (15 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
ray.jpg
15 KB, 350x250
>>29875746
>mfw it's not happening
>>
>>29875604
We still have a lot of them in LA, but they don't work anymore. (Although there are reports of people seeing a few of them spin up on random occasions, though without the actual sirens coming on.)

I actually remember hearing a few tests when I was really little, in the late '80s/early '90s. It's weird, most sources say they stopped testing them in the '80s, but I vividly remember hearing a test from my first grade classroom, and that would've been '91.
>>
>>29876331
>Normal broadcast scheduled
Then wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
OK last post.

I am eternally grateful to the anons who tried to gather info for me, for the assholes who acted like I was a faggot you can suck my dick.

It's been almost two hours and there is nothing else going on though I still can't get through to the NON EMERGENCY CALL CENTERS for my area. This is a huge problem.

I won't make anymore posts ITT.

Peace anons, those who tried to help are why this is my home board. I honestly love you anons.
>>
>>29876599
Get fucked.

You have the gall to make a thread and post after post screeching like a woman who broke a nail, constantly affirming that you aren't chicken little, while people tell you over and over to chill the fuck out and assess the situation?

No, you are a faggot. Go take a swim in one of those reactors' cooling pools.
>>
File: protoss5.jpg (28 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
protoss5.jpg
28 KB, 311x311
>>29876599
it's gonna be fine princess
>>
File: You'veActivatedMyTrumpCard.png (444 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
You'veActivatedMyTrumpCard.png
444 KB, 1080x1440
>>29875894
>I'm not some chicken little sissy bitch anon. I'm fucking scared
yes, you are some chicken little sissy bitch, anon
>>
>>29875894
Dude, if shit were going down with those plants, WHICH IT ISN'T, you'd be fucked anyway.

go back to bed. If you wake up, everything is good. If you don't, you nor your family will know the difference.
>>
>>29875956
>Any help finding out what MY local emergency broadcasts are sayiong would be so greatfelly apprecieated you will never know.

You want help OP, but you have a internet connection.

All any of us would do is google shit anyway?

Are you capable of that or have your fingers finally succumb to the radiation that is SURELY pouring out of those nuclear reactors?
>>
First off Id like to give a big old "fuck you" to OP for making this stupid ass role play thread. There are boards specifically made for this type of stuff, so try those out

Second, I'd like to say fuck you to all the retards that kept responding. "Dude don't worry just check the radio! What did the siren sound like? What's in your bug out bag?" Do you really think anyone is going to go on 4chan during a nuclear emergency?
>>
Remind me not to be around OP when it does happen

I'd probably just kill him for making too much noise.
>>
File: castlebravo.jpg (694 KB, 2966x1557) Image search: [Google]
castlebravo.jpg
694 KB, 2966x1557
>>29876599
we told you to calm down and you went full fucking autism.
somebody fucked up, calm your tits.
common fucking sense man. use it.
so, nuke thread?
>>
>>29876703
>Do you really think anyone is going to go on 4chan during a nuclear emergency?
I would at least try.
>>
>>29876610
OP is gone but I'll chime in. Unlike you I have rad the entire thread and he was more than reasonable. He heard his local early warning system go off and living near a couple of nuke plants shit his pants.

He said over and and over that even his 911 service was not taking calls, his fucking 911 call center wasn't answering calls for 45 fucking minutes. Dear fucking God.. no 911 for 45 minutes? OP said that all of his local non emergency dispatch services were not taking calls.

What is he supposed to think when he can't get in through with any of the services that are supposed to be there when it gets chaotic anon?
Yuou'e acting like he was trolling yet all of his posts were calm, even when he was the most scared and I admit I would have been scared as fuck myself.

You act like you\'re superman anon and you aren't. Fuck you, you fucking sperglord.
>>29876641
A man with two young kids gets woken by the sound of his local early warning systems sirens going off in the middle of the night and you call him a sissy?
You are a fucking cunt.
>>29876664
Even though you were this close to quads and failed like a downy I agree with the post.
>>29876703
OP wasn't trolling. No one thinks he was making anything up even the ones who think he wasw completely over eacting.

What would you do if you local " shit is really fucking going down" waring systen started screaming at midnight on a Saturday night???
Unless you want to answer that question you;re just a fucking bitch troll posting here. If you won't take the time to answer that question YOU should fuck of to /x/ bitch.
>>29876715
If you read his posts he sounded like he was ready for what ever was coming... he just couldn't find out what was coming. Asking us was a good idea in my opinion anon.
>>29876721
Easy to say when you weren't woken from a sound sleep my the air raid warning sirens anon.... admit this.
>>29876724
Yep,
>>
>>29876703

I'd be shitposting on my phone all the way to my bug out location, and I'd do it there too if I can get signal.
>>
>>29876703
4chan is surprisingly a very effective place to get news information from.

If happening went down first places I'd be are /pol/ and /k/ monitoring EAS streams and determining what the fuck is going with anons in different counties, states, and countries.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160508-025207.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160508-025207.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
OP, I think it's a tornado siren due to your radar flipping shit, just look at that weird ass station reporting crazy weather
>>
>>29876964
What would you do if your EAS warning system was screaming away but none of your local emergency services were available anon? This was OP's entire point?
>>
>>29876703

>LOL GET NUKED FAGGOT
>LOL NUKES ARE FAKE BRO
>DUBS GETS NUKED FIRST!
>LOL NUKEFAGS PLEASE GO

As long as I got internet. I will have a shitpost.
>>
>>29876987
But OP made the point that his weather was fine. He even said he checked the radar at the time if you read the thread.
>>
>>29877000
the weather is fine, I live near Will County sort of. I'm saying their local radar dish is malfunctioning and setting off the tornado sirens
>>
>>29876988
Be here. Ask appropriately and not like an autist. Not freak out when people give me explanations that clash with my view on things. Look for further information on my own and absolutely exhaust all my resources before actually bugging out and going to a hotel or something.
>>
>>29876703
you severely underestimate my dedication to shitposting
>>
Hey anon reading this. Put a free police scanner app on your phone and stop wondering if you need to buy an emergency radio or not.
>>
K is in fact the easiest board to troll.

But this is pushing it anon.
>>
>>29876987
Anon please post this summer's most captivating dresses
>>
>>29876206
Christ's sake faggot just go outside to your car and check the radio

Why do you not have a radio inside anyways they cost like 10 bucks for a good one
>>
>>29876440
good thing no one cares what you think.
>>
>>29877051
>your phone will be able to stream police scanners in a real national emergency and the scanners will have chatter
That's a dumb thing to believe. I have an app to listen to during events in certain towns, and it would be helpful during small emergencies, but when it's life or death I refer to my emergency radios not a phone app.
>>
>>29875583
#allahuackbar
>>
Canton ohio. Ours just went off and apparently ones in Salem, Lima, medina, and a few other counties in ohio.....
>>
>>29875804
I work for a government derpartment (not saying which) and the amount of fuckery that goes into every little thing is insane. I'm honestly amazed I was allowed to email external stakeholders for information after some of the emails I have seen.
>>
>>29877218
Y'know, honestly, I meant it would work in OP's scenario. And it would, instantly solving his entire fake problem in a heart beat.

It applies to that car alarm scare thread, too.
>>
Omg
>>
>>29877267
>Y'know, honestly, I meant it would work in OP's scenario. And it would, instantly solving his entire fake problem in a heart beat.
you're absolutely right, and that's why I keep the app, I'm just stating that if shit really hits the fan you're going to want an actual battery powered radio with an antenna.
>>
>>29875644
Blowout soon fellow stalker.
>>
File: 1446650040572.jpg (103 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1446650040572.jpg
103 KB, 800x800
Fucking dumb americans. You think you're all special snowflakes that get to have sirens go off especially for you and to alert you from something? What the fuck are you gonna do, hide in the closet?
Is fat fuck OP worried his battery powered wheelchair won't make it to the staircase of the basement?
Go blogpost on twitter and FB so your friendos can "like" your post and make you feel better.
>>
>>29876703
>not shitposting from your nuclear bunker
overseeing Vault Tech experiments gets boring after a while.
>>
File: ID4-Destroyer-2.jpg (518 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ID4-Destroyer-2.jpg
518 KB, 1600x900
>>29876987
>>
>>29877430
>You think you're all special snowflakes that get to have sirens go off especially for you and to alert you from something?

LOL YES! We have multiple self contained alert systems for all kinds of stuff to alert the population in the event of a variety of emergencies. lol dude where do you live?
>>
>>29876890
>getting defensive as fuck
>I'm not OP though!
Nice try, OP. You panicked, in a real situation you would've been fucked.

Take a long while to think about how you handled this. Maybe you can improve. Or maybe you'll just break down crying the next time the sirens go off, I don't fucking know.
>>
>>29877098
>But this is pushing it anon.
Successful troll is pretty fucking successful.
There's another alarm thread
>>29876943
so he he almost started a meme.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>29876478
Fucking top kek!!
>>
Iowan here.

Fuck off OP, stay on your side of the border and stop exporting your worst feral apes from Chicago into Cedar Rapids.
>>
>>29876419
What a autist, holy shit
>>
What does this thread have to do with weapons, and why do all of you feel the insatiable urge to reply?
>>
>>29875583
My city runs the siren test on the last Thursday of every month
>>
This thread makes me wish a meteorite would hit OP's house and blow it to bits. ONLY OP's house, damage stops at the property line type smiting.
>>
>>29876996
This

Shitpost until the sun comes up the next day, Jong. If I had a cup of whiskey, I'd cheers you.
>>
>>29875658
you are a lame-o
>>
has any one mentioned it could have been a blasting siren? a bit late yes, but you probably where fapping when the crew came by to inform everyone
>>
>>29875644
It could be:
>a test
>an Amber Alert (lost child or retarded person)
>faulty system
>tornado watch/warning (even if it's calm)
>active shooter somewhere public

They test them at 9am the first Tuesday of every month here, as well as every time a kid or retard goes missing, somebody either important or famous dies, every time we have a thunder storm, every time there's a fatal vehicle collision within the county, when the local high school team scores a [point, goal, etc] at home games, and for a few other reasons. Which is dumb, because now everyone fucking ignores it.
>>
>local fire station uses old air raid siren to let people know when the fire engine's going out

Nothing funnier than watching new people in the area get confused or panicky first time they hear it.
>>
File: 1437858567677.jpg (40 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1437858567677.jpg
40 KB, 500x540
>>29875583
thanks for the laughs OP.
>>
>>29880322
>>>29875644
>It could be:
>>a test
>>an Amber Alert (lost child or retarded person)
>>faulty system
>>tornado watch/warning (even if it's calm)
>>active shooter somewhere public
I think OP was more freaked out that his 911 dispatch wasn't answering calls and he couldn't get through to local police, county sheriffs or his local state police lodge.
He had all his ducks lined up and was ready to grab his family and run in a loaded out vehicle or shelter in place but couldn't find out what to do. I can understand his anxiety in that instance.

I noticed there were a few Illinois bros ITT yet none of them tried contacting any of those emergency services to find anything out for him. That was some piss poor response in my opinion and /k/ failed again
>>
File: 1444978304491.jpg (27 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1444978304491.jpg
27 KB, 540x540
>>29881282
>That was some piss poor response in my opinion and /k/ failed again
>>
>>29881326
And who are you that anyone cares what you care bout.
>>
>>29876214
I know you're talking about Fusion nigger, because Fission is Dangerous on every fucking level.

t. Nuclear Engineer
>>
>>29881801
Nuclear power is a safe, clean energy source.

Ph.D HEP
>>
>>29875604
eah sure they do, I live in a small german village and even here they test them from time to time. My grandmother still gets nightmares just from the sound since it remembers here of the bombraids in her youth.
>>
>>29881979
Nuclear FUSION is a safe clean energy source.
>>
>>29881994
Yeah sure they do, I live in a small german village and even here they test them from time to time. My grandmother still gets nightmares just from the sound since it remembers her of the bombraids in her youth.
fuggn spelling
>>
>>29877430(you)
>>
Grab pupper, go innawoods
>>
>be me
>town siren goes off in middle of the night
>wake up
>go into bathroom where radio is
>turn on
>no EBS message for about 10 minutes
>turn off and go back to bed

Op get a fucking radio you nigger. Or fucking google the streams, obviously you had internet since you brought this big pile of shit here.
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.