[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun Store Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: yeas.jpg (146 KB, 843x403) Image search: [Google]
yeas.jpg
146 KB, 843x403
Gum Store Stories Thread Goooo
>>
Great thread.
You should probably start a gun store stories thread with a story about a gun store.
>>
Was gonna say I know that gun store, but then I clicked the thumbnail, and the entrance is on the wrong side, and they have a roll down shutter instead of that pull to the side thing. But that wall and those glass cases look almost exactly the same.
>>
>>29875360

the owner of my lgs is actually a /k/ommando that posts pictures from his shop every so often. in fact today i bought a lower from him and he asked me "which serial number do you want?" and one ended in 88 and the other was like 04 or something. he looked at me and i know he wanted me to say DUBS. its kind of like we know we both come here but never acknowledged it out loud.

anyways
>be at lgs friday after work
>lgs has cameras pointing up the walkway that we can see the feed from
>some neckbeard that looks like bubbles comes meandering up to the door
>neckbeard comes in and is asking about home defense guns
>asks if he has any mosins because "that was what i was thinking about getting for an hd gun"
>i struggle back laughter
>owner says yea well thats really not a good idea
>neckbeard says oh ok well i will see you later and walks out
>both of us collectively wtf

seriously what the fuck is with mosins and autists? i think mosin lust should be added to the dsm 4 as a symptom of autism along with the other stupid shit they do.
>>
>>29875475
Same, looked similar to VA arms... then I realized most lgs look the same.
>>
I work behind the gun counter of a big box store, but I've only been there a month. I had a fudd family get their NICS denied and get salty, but nothing else really. The place I work is a "sporting goods" store, so it's mostly Savage Axis hunting rifles and camo painted shotguns. Management got rid of our ARs and pistols after some mass shooting but we're getting them back in October.
Also had a guy ask me for a 'seben millumeeter' deer rifle, because apparently his .243 wasn't stopping them fast enough for his fat ass to catch up to.
I assumed he was looking for 7mm Mag, which we don't carry, but no, he was satisfied looking at our 30-06s and 308s once I explained that they fired 7.62mm bullets.
>>
File: 1453976973948.jpg (53 KB, 284x287) Image search: [Google]
1453976973948.jpg
53 KB, 284x287
>>29875360
>turn 18 in March
>go into popular gun shop to get a feel for some AR-15s, Tavors, Augs, and plenty of obscure/uncommon rifles for my first centerfire rifle
>check out their milsurp, which has an entire room full of M1 Garands and Carbines
>check out some FN-49s, Mas-46/59s, Hakims, Ljungmans, etc
>waltz over to the tacticool rifle counter, a bunch of guys all fat just talking about whisky
>one turns to me, asks "What can I do fer ya?"
>Ask to take a look at the Daniel Defense MK12
>"I nee'a see sum ID"
>hand him my license
>he looks at my ID, says "Hol' up I ain't good with math stuff"
>turns to other fatty
>"Ey, can you see how old he is?"
>second dude takes a look at it for a second
>then he turns to the computer with the register and starts plugging in numbers to the calculator app
>mfw
>tell them I'm 18
>first fatty asks "What's it say?"
>"18"
>"Do you have a parent around, sonny?"
>No, why?
>"You hafta be 21 to handle assault weapons. Anythin with a pistol grip you gotta be 21, it's the law."
>hands me back my ID
>wat
>Tell him "No, that's not what the law says. In that case, I'll take my business elsewhere. Have a good one."
>walk out, end up gawking at a whole rack of Krags then leaving
>bought a stripped rifle from Brownells and just completed it yesterday
It saved me money in the end. I got a rifle I configured to my personal tastes, and I saved a good $1000 in doing so.
>>
File: AntiSemiticCartoon.gif (11 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
AntiSemiticCartoon.gif
11 KB, 501x585
>>29875711
>That's probably not the best idea in the world but..
>I think we have the thing you're looking for
>Put enormous markup on mosin
>Neckbeard probably doesn't even bat an eye when he buys it
>>
>>29875360
>in SoCal
>go to lgs (turners) looking for an AR15 crush washer
>take a number, wait 10 min
>hi I'm looking for an AR15 crush washer
>a what?
>a crush washer for my flash hider
>I don't know what that is

After the genius pulled an ar from the shelf and I showed him,

>pulls tackle box from under counter
>uhh sorry we don't have any of those

Made me rage.
>>
>>29875711
Because Mosins are for poorfags, and poorfags are typically dumb. If they were a bit smarter, they'd get a similarly-priced Maverick 88, Pardner Pump, IAC HAWK 982, etc.
>>
>>29876114
Maybe he read too many greentexts on /k/ and took them all seriously.
>>
>walk in looking for a JRC
>oh hell ya, see a used one for 500$
>grab it, ask for mag and optic just to see if functions
>50 rounds, no problem
>ill take it!
>ask counter dude if comes with a box/mags/anyhting
>he holds up a 33 round glock mag and says
>'yup, you know what these are called? thats an exdo clip'
>icanteven.gif
>pay and never go back.
>>
>>29876011
What was the Gun Store called?
>>
>>29875360
>go to sk arms in midland tx
>see squid desu
>run the fuck out of there
>mom tells me to get a job
>find job as salesman for womens shoe store
>marry bimbo dressing wife
>name dog buck
>be al bundy for forever
>>
>>29876114
I own a mosin and a maverick 88

Not the same dude you replied to
>>
File: 1419279205.jpg (49 KB, 625x305) Image search: [Google]
1419279205.jpg
49 KB, 625x305
>>29875360
>Drop by gun store/hardware store that's just down the road late after getting off of work last Thursday.
>15 minutes before closing but I just need some CLP, blue locktite, and maybe a box of 8mm Mauser
>As I'm looking for the CLP on the shelf through the myriad super tactical snake oils I overhear the guy at the counter
>Says something about Trump then Nancy Pelosi wanting to micro stamp ammo
>Well, I know that's Nancys wet dream but c'mon man
>Guy behind the counter is nodding along politely as Elmer tells him about his friends in the Navy who are having to push pallets of ammo overboard so they can be replaced with micro-stamped ammo
>mfw
>Salesman goes "Oh, I didn't know the Navy used .22LR"
>mysides.jpeg
>After a minute or so more of this the guy behind the counter goes to show Elmer an AK pistol with the AR mag well conversion in 5.56.
>Elmer looks it over then hands it back, "I don't buy assault weapons. They'll get confiscated at the drop of a hat. You can't defend yourself with them anyways, it's illegal."

Then the other guy working the counter sees me and asks if I need anything.

>"Hey man, do you have any 8mm Mauser?"
>"Um...Manuel, do we have any 8mm Mauser?"
>Manuel looks over from talking with Elmer, "Yeah," goes right back to his conversation.
>Guy looks around the ammo racks (behind the counter of course) after a few minutes he can't find any.
>"That's a pistol caliber right? Did you mean 9mm?"
>"No, it's for rifles."
>He finally finds it, "Ok, that's $32 a box for Federal, you want 3 boxes?"
>"No. You don't have any FMJ. I just want range ammo."
>Manuel, "That is range ammo."
>I'm raging inside. "Nvm then, do you have any blue locktite?"
>I'm just met with blank stares. "Ok, where's your hardware section?"

These are the same assholes who refused to sell me an Arsenal SLR-106FR last year because I still had my Oregon license.
>>
>>29876278
His explanation for not selling to me was he didn't want to sell me a rifle that was restricted in Oregon, in case it ended up used in a crime.

He actually thought I had come up from Oregon to buy an "assault weapon" to take back because I couldn't get it there.
>>
>>29876199
Collector's Firearms in Houston, TX.
>>
File: c3b.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
c3b.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>looking around the handgun section debating whether to get a glock 26 or a p328 since I needed a carry gun
>comes in the cutest Asian girl I've ever seen in my life
>asks the counter guy if they have any p226
>despite being extremely fragile looking and weak she manages to pull the slide with no problem
>shoots shit with the old man behind the counter while I'm just occasionally peaking at her like a faggot
>she actually knew her shit, kept all the safety rules in check and acted professionally the entire time
>Tell her that's a nice gun she's holding
>she shyly smiles back with the most beautiful expression I've ever had the pleasure of seeing in my life
>mfw I didn't man up to actually make a conversation with her
>mfw she bought the gun and left before I could stop being a beta and possibly find the perfect has gun gf
>>
>>29876278

>"I don't buy assault weapons. They'll get confiscated at the drop of a hat. You can't defend yourself with them anyways, it's illegal."

where the fuck do people come up with this shit? i can imagine the guy in my head.

the other day i pulled up to my lgs and i saw a crown vic or mercury with a bunch of nobama and army stickers covering the entire back and i thought
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D
im in for a treat when i go in there today. turns out i was but this time the guy was talkin about "that russian kid on youtube gonna blow himselfs up one of these days"
>>
>>29876375
One of my favorite things about my LGS is that the guys who work there cringe as much as I do when people like that come in.

>>29876320
Are you in a waiting period state? Just drop a job application at your LGS and hope you get hired within 10 days.
>>
>>29876375
>"that russian kid on youtube gonna blow himselfs up one of these days"
my sides.

Although, FPSRussia did almost burn himself like a fucking retard from aiming a flamethrower too damn high.
>>
>>29876375
Yeah, it's weird. That gun store has a huge selection of tactical stuff and high end guns and optics, but the staff knows next to nothing. It's the only family owned gun store for 60 miles, the only other options being Sportsmans Warehouse and Coastal Farm & Ranch.

It's torture living here and I can't wait to build my private range on my property and setup my Dillion. I'll be that strange hermit no one sees but everyone hears gunfire coming from all the time so they're afraid to come around.
>>
>>29876159
>>'yup, you know what these are called? thats an exdo clip'
I'm still pretty new to funs, could you explain what's wrong here? From what I can tell, jrc is a carbine, so giving a handgun mag for it would be retarded. what the hell is an exdo clip?

>>29876114
Sad thing is, /k/ keeps saying how cheap Mosin's are, but most of the listings I've seen on gunbroker are for at least $200, even more for hex. I would hope I could find a cheaper one at an lgs, but all the one's I've been to so far are stocked with tacticool shit.
>>
>>29876375
>>29876441
I have to edit what I said.
>That gun store has a huge selection of tactical stuff and high end guns and optics, but the staff knows next to nothing and this area is filled with Fudds that scoff at anything not wooden.

The amount of misinformation I hear around here is astounding. I met a guy who doesn't load his .40 S&W XD(M) (he emphasized the "match" part) with more than 5 rounds of FMJ because JHP is a scam and no firefight lasts longer than 5 rounds.
>>
>go on gun broker
>bid on item I like
>win
>contact FFL
>contact seller
>get my shit shipped
>get my shit
>>
>>29876199
Texan Broooooooooo!
I want a WASR 10 so bad, I gotta get cheeki breeki
>>
>>29876457
JRC's use glock mags. Like I said. They use hangun mags lilke you said. Clips dont go in either glocks or JRC's and exendo is cringy for extended. its as 33 round glock mag, or even extended glock mag...but exendo clip? sorry i miss types exendo the first time if that makes a difference.
>>
pretty recent story, up in northern california

>enter lgs, walk straight to the handgun counter
>I'm only 19 so I know I'm not allowed to handle the handguns in store
>two guys behind the counter are joking around with pistols in hand, one a shitty hi point and the other i believe a sig something or other
>arguing about who would win in a gun fight, "my 9mm is easier to shoot/more accurate"
>"my .45 would only take one hit to kill you tho man"
>they're almost pointing the guns at eachother, but I say fuck it and stick around
>they decide to shut up because there's customers around, and the one with the high point says "im gonna put this next to the sigs as a joke"
>One with hardcore muttonchops asks me if I have a favorite handgun caliber
>Say I go either way, don't know a lot about handguns
>"look at this anon"
>pulls out a cz75, hands it to me
>im 19 but fuck it if he's not checking my id i dont give a shit
>proceed to look at and handle just about every handgun they have
>Decide I'm done, and notice the beautiful nugget on the wall and ask to see it
>"Careful, its still kinda sticky"
>proceed to get glorious cosmoline all over my hands
>All matching numbers, including buttplate and bayonet, $220
>dont buy it
>look at a few other rifles, blah blah
>start walking back towards the handguns again
>Guy asks me AGAIN "So whats your favorite handgun caliber?"
>"Uh 9mm..."
>Hands me the same cz75 he showed me earlier, but it's a .40
>I check my phone and say I have to go

apparently he forgot that we had been talking about and looking at handguns for a good ten minutes in the five minutes I was looking at rifles.
>>
File: IMG_20160502_130556.jpg (3 MB, 3930x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160502_130556.jpg
3 MB, 3930x2988
>get off work late "sweet fun stores are open" (graveyard fag here)
>want to order in a new .44mag anyways, go to the nearest dealer.
>browse a bit because new to me store and they're dealing with a customer
>lady behind the counter is on the phone and milf status 90000%
>she gets off the phone and askes how she can help
>Id like to see if you could order in the new .44 magnum ruger vaquero for me, heres the model # and inventory number.
>other counter jockey is a fat tacticool 40s fag and pipes up with "you really should just get a 10mm glock, .44s are for dirty harry fanboys"
>explain to him that those two guns are completely different, used for completely different tasks, and that the .44 magnum is a far superior round (I had to poke the autism bear)
>milfymilf smirks as bearchub takes a deep breath
>"OH YEA? WELL WITH A GLOCK YOU GET THESE NEW FANGLED THINGS CALLED CLIPS (i shit you not) HOW ARE YOU GOING TO RELOAD THAT QUICKLY FOR ENGAGING MULTIBLE TARGETS??"
>look at milfy and ask "was this motherfucker hired for a tax credit?"
>she busts out laughing and replied with "yup" which made me laugh, which made him full on rage.
>dumbshit throws open the door to the back rooms and slams it
>well unfortunately we cant order it in for you, but we have .44 ammo
>ask if they have the white box winchester and if they will price match walmart
>of course!
>Get 5 boxes

Now I get all my .44 ammo from that one store.
>>
>>29876292
Not surprised at all. I tried to get a job there once because of all the old milsurp they have, but they expect you to work 60 hours a week before overtime, no exceptions. Not surprised in the least that the guys they got running the front are so strung out they can't do math in their head anymore.
>>
>>29876108
Which Turners? My friend works at the Pasadena one and he knows his shit decently well.

My favorite LGS is Guns Direct in Burbank, though.
>>
>>29875711
When the nugget was less than $100, people flipped their shit and when you get something like that, you begin seeing all sorts of positives about the gun. The fall back for all the negative aspects got smothered out with "it's only $80, whatever!".
This in turn becomes wildfire and an open secret for many. These people then all start their own little circle jerking clubs in order to pat each other on the back for their crazy smart decision to purchase nuggets.
The mosin reaches mythical status, for people new to guns that want something cheap to start out, all the neckbeards will scream mosin, which isn't a bad choice.

Then, prices go up, now you "might" get lucky and score one for near that mythical price, but you're looking at near entry-level modern bolt gun prices.

Now, the only major selling point of the rifle is out the window. Much like how all the old timers who bought when Remington was actually trying, they in part STILL suggest newer people to remington. They don't care or keep up, they got their share of the pie when it was hot and fresh, they've since moved on and still tell people that pie is hot and fresh.
People who ask about buying a mosin are those who have caught on way late, now they get goddamn confused why this rifle, thats hyped up by certain groups, doesn't seem to exist, or at least exists for a much higher price. Or lord forbid why other gun owners, haven't a fucking clue why that guy would want a mosin over anything else in 2016. The guy is running off years old advice.
>>
>>29876763
>60 hours before ot

When the hell was that? Sounds like a labor lawsuit waiting to happen.
>>
File: Surprise1a.jpg (109 KB, 1059x687) Image search: [Google]
Surprise1a.jpg
109 KB, 1059x687
Shop near my office used to mis-identify stuff all the time.

MFW I got this for $435 out the door.
>>
>Ammo day
>Go to grab a box of all my various fun foods
>As im balancing my little tower I notice something happening over at the pistol counter
>Set all my stuff down to check the boxes (once bought a .40sw instead of 9mm, despire grabbing FROM THE MIDDLE REEE)
>Guy is trying to rack the slide of a ruger but is having trouble with it due to his fat ho-ho fingers
>Eventually gives up
>internally kekking as he asks to see a Sig Compact
>Salesman hands him one
>"Now this is a gun made for american sized hands!"
>I actually snrrk and he looks over at me and im trying to supress myself
>He flags the sales person right in the forhead and racks the slide flamboyantly
>pinkie gets bit
>bit hard.
>The Kraut pistol has taken revenge for Dresden
>Fudd screeches and shakes his hand furiously
>pistol comes free into the hands of the sales person
>Kraut pistol is greedily bathed in the Burger Blood of his people's past enemy
>Counter is covered in blood
>Fudd is covered in blood
>Somehow my box of ammo has a drop of blood on it
>Fudd flicks his hand at the sales person in a gesture if anger
>Rifles, sales person, and other things are now speckled with fuddy fud blood
>He starts screaming about sueing while I grab my ammo and laugh my way to the cashier at a jog

Cabelas.
>>
File: neighborhood-watch.jpg (38 KB, 635x498) Image search: [Google]
neighborhood-watch.jpg
38 KB, 635x498
>>29876507

>no firefight lasts longer than 5 rounds.

fuck. this wasnt in a gun store but it still made me cringe.

>hey anon i want to buy a gun but i dont want it in my name
>o-ok what do you mean "in your name?"
>like i want to have my wife buy it so its not registered in my name
>WE LIVE IN THE GUNSHINE STATE FOR FUCKS SAKE
>guns arent registered here dude, as long as you pass the background check youre good and the form 4473 stays at the gun store
>oh yea anon whats the waiting period for then? (and this was accompanied by that smug look liberals give you when theyre like oh yea anon well we all came from africa originally so niggers are just like us gotcha again!)
>because some cuck politician thought it would be smart to make people wait to pick up the gun so they didnt go home and murder their wife or something on impulse
>gives me disapproving look like im the moron here

i ended up selling him my glock 19 and using the cash from that to buy a sig which i promptly sold because sig is junk and used that money for an hk uspc.
>>
File: selection_du_weekend_156_55_0.jpg (92 KB, 760x760) Image search: [Google]
selection_du_weekend_156_55_0.jpg
92 KB, 760x760
>walk in
>hello I got notification that my rifle was delivered
>yes it is right here
>inspect gun
>fill out paperwork
>pay 15 transfer fee
>thanks
>leave
>>
>>29876278

Some states cannot sell to out of state customers, due to legal requirements in either their respective state, or the customers.

>Not an excuse to be a rude dickhead though.
>>
>>29875360
>Gum Store Stories Thread
I went to the Wrigley's gum store and bought a 50 stick pack of Juicy Fruit
>>
Bought some big Red...
>>
>>29878741
>>29878902
FUCK
>>
What's up with that zebra gum?

Shit only lasts for like 12 seconds.
>>
>>29878474
>fuddy fud blood
topkek
>>
File: HKgUlnd.jpg (778 KB, 5126x1908) Image search: [Google]
HKgUlnd.jpg
778 KB, 5126x1908
>>29878953
>>big red
>>
>>29876457
In my opinion the only reason to get amozon is for the curio and Relic value. You can still get Russian one for under 200 but if you're really into it for collecting you probably want to get finish or something of superior quality than that which should be closer to 4.
>>
File: Gepard_SMG.jpg (28 KB, 398x272) Image search: [Google]
Gepard_SMG.jpg
28 KB, 398x272
>>29876537
What are prices on those nowadays? I really fucking want one too, but I've seen some crazy pricing on them.
>>
File: 1461479365218.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1461479365218.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29876011
> he didn´t go for the M1 Garand for his first centerfire rifle
>>
>>29876292
Kek I've been there before
>>
>>29875360
>looking for a carry piece, heart set on Shield in 9mm
>go into local pawn/gun shop to see what they have in stock
>only three people in the store at the time
>one was a back county cop who was looking at a gun on the counter
>second was the very large very redneck owner behind the counter talking to cop
>third, I assume, is the owner's literally autistic brother or nephew or something
>as I walk through the door, owner stops talking to cop and greets me
>greet him in return, tell him I'm looking for a concealed carry piece
>cop stops tinkering with the gun at the counter, stares me down and says "guns are bad"
>chuckle, think he's joking
>he doesn't laugh, doesn't smile, just stares
>um ok whatever, start looking at the displays
>owner asks if I had anything in particular in mind
>"I'm pretty set on getting a Shield. I'm just kinda shopping around right now."
>"Aww you don't need one of them pieces of junk. Everyone that touches em hates em."
>research I had done said otherwise
>"I know guns, and I won't even sell them here."
>see a Shield in .40 for $550 in the display
>"Lemme tell you, you need to get yourself a Glock. Don't he Tyrone?"
>cop looks up at the owner, then at me, then back down at his gun
>browse through the rest of their guns, most are either overpriced or shit
>go to leave, tell them to have a good day
>"Alright, you too, and just head on back when you realize I'm right hehe"
>leave
>buy a Shield during a Memorial Day sale the next week at another store
>>
>>29879152
.30-06 is fucking expensive.
>>
>>29879394
>cop stops tinkering with the gun at the counter, stares me down and says "guns are bad"
I used to do this as an MP but with stupid shit
>Rakes are dangerous
>Balloons are dangerous
>Straws are dangerous

While slapping it out of said persons hand. Only did it to people i knew or people i out ranked.

>Private ive gotten before walks out of the shoppete with some smoothie king
>He sees me walking towards him
>Just turns and fucking books it
>Ran after him, both of us in uniform, past a command group walking out of a little bbq shop
>Private yelling "I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT THIS"
>Me behind him screaming "SMOOTHIE KING CAN BE FATAL"
>>
>>29879412

You could always get one in .308 and buy ZQI 7.62 NATO for $0.48 a round. Not too bad seeing as decent 5.56 costs about $0.30 a round
>>
>>29879454

holy shit, kek
>>
>>29879152
>TFW pinger was your first rifle
>TFW you will never be plebeian.
>>
>>29879514
Meh, I get 5.56 from my cousin who sells Fiocchi and Federal in bulk for dirt cheap. Around 23-25 cents a round... about the same price as 7.62x39.
>>
>>29879586
>>29879514
Also, my second centerfire rifle is going to be a Garand. That way I actually will have a viable hunting rifle.
>>
>>29876114
>If poorfags who want a cheap rifle were smarter, they'd get a cheap shotgun.

There is a flaw in this plan.
>>
>>29875360
>At local gunstore fingerfucking A-5's/Model 11's
>Store has 6 of them in every possible state of disrepair
>Two urban youths enter
>One has a giant pot leaf on his shirt
>Start fucking with boxes of ammo
>Employee who was helping me with the Brownings turns around and asks what kind of ammo they're looking for
>"Ay no man, just looking."
>They come over to the consignment racks
>One grabs a Brazilian Mauser
>"Ayyyman look at dis sniper rifle!"
>Continue to dick around and be glared at by employees for another minute or so and leave

I really wish they'd tried to buy something so they could be shot down for wearing a fucking pot leaf shirt into a gun store. They smelled like it too.
>>
>>29876441
You have a fucking dillon?
fuck, man.
>>
>>29878376

is that a pretty a1? no finger cut outs
>>
File: Ragecopy.png (235 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
Ragecopy.png
235 KB, 582x600
There's a place by me called Efingers, imagine Bass Pro Shop but not a chain. Everyone there is retarded.
>Be me
>Be under 21
>Be inna NJ
>go to gun counter, ask clerk for some .22
>hand him my ID and Cuck card
>"I can't sell you .22"
>wut.jpg
>".22 is a pistol round, I can't sell pistol ammo to anyone under 21"
>explain to him it's for my 10/22 and that I don't even have a .22 pistol
>"Doesn't matter, you *could* use it in a pistol so I can't sell it to you"
>give up trying to explain, ask for some .223 for my cucked NJ AR build
>"That's a pistol round too, son. Obongo nearly banned armor piercing .223 because somebody made a pistol that shoots it "
>Try to explain the concept of AR pistols
>Try to explain that AR pistols are pretty much illegal in NJ
>Try to explain that even if they weren't I'm buying ammo for my RIFLE!
>he gives me a confused Fudd look after several minutes
>give up trying to explain anything
>ask for some .410 for clays
>"Son, that's for pistols, too. Taurus made a handgun that shoots 'em so we can't sell it to anyone under 21 anymore"
>begin to sperg
>"Is there anything you CAN sell me?!"
>"uh huh, we got 12 gauge, 30-06, and some 8mm stuff for those jerry guns"
>I don't own a own 12 gauge
>I don't own a 8mm
>At the time my Garand was still in the mail form the CMP
>Fuck off and leave
>Drive an extra 15 miles to find a gun store with non-retarded employees
They also charge 90 fucking dollars for transfers, so fuck them.
>>
>>29879594
Be careful, some states don't let you hunt with semi-autos (although you could always just unscrew the gas plug before you go hunting).
>>
>>29875360
>Go to local store
>Biggest inventory I've seen yet
>Still new to gunz, at the time was nogunz
>Overwhelmed by the amount of black I'm looking at
>Asking for certain guns and if they have them
>"Don't you know what it looks like?"
>Guy says that in a tone that would suggest he's a dick. General behavior afterwards confirms it. Pretty much must like guns and hate customer service.

Well champ, sorry you have as good a clue about your inventory as I do.

The other guys at the store have been nice and helpful, though, so they're not written off.

Go to another store with indoor range.
>Everyone nice, helpful, knowledgeable.
>Several grillz behind the counter
>Talk to one of them about the guns I'm looking for, especially the SP-01
>"I won't even pressure sale you anon, my dad has that gun and loves it. Go get one if you can find it. CZ Custom is right here in Mesa, they'll probably have one."

Fukken hell I'll be back to shoot here and buy that P-01 when I get the monehs.
>>
>>29880148
> .22
> pistol round
why didn´t you explain them what LR stands for?
>>
File: ftsio.gif (55 KB, 497x263) Image search: [Google]
ftsio.gif
55 KB, 497x263
>>29880148
Another Efingers story.
>Be me
>A few months after the previous incident
>Head to Efingers again, maybe they hired some non-retards by now
>Head over to gun counter again
>Differant guy, looks promising
>See they have a bunch of freshly imported 91/30s on the rack
>ask to see one
>It's a little rough but not bad, most of the cosmo is cleaned off
>look at tag
>marked for $400
>I turn 360 degrees and moonwalk out
>>
>>29880255
I did. I even said,
>"See! It has long RIFLE in the name!"
The dumb fuck just didn't get it
>>
>>29876710
Made me kek pretty good
>>
File: efingers.jpg (76 KB, 605x281) Image search: [Google]
efingers.jpg
76 KB, 605x281
>>29880286
Yet another story from this fucking place
>Try to go there one more time a month later
>Walk up to gun counter
>Same guy as in first story
uh oh
>rebuilding cucked NJ AR
>Want to put an A2 style upper on its (minus lug and flash hider)
>ask if they have any AR barrels
>"You can't buy assault weapon parts in NJ"
>I don't even fucking try this time
>I just leave
They're the closest place to me that sells guns and ammo. If the processes wasn't so legally retarded here in New Jersey I'd be tempted to start my own gun store just so I didn't have to deal with theses fucks.
>>
>>29880255

"Light Revolver"

Was invented back in them cowboy times when they only had revolvers.
>>
>>29880432
you in bound brook nigga? used to live in NJ, moved over to PA (do it) last year. I drove down that way and made a pit stop on rt 28 off 287 when I'd go down to bar hop at Rutgers with friends. I always passed by this store but never went in. Sounds like this place needs to be nuked.
>>
>>29880496
I'm about 7 miles Northeast of Bound Brook, right in the Southernmost tip of Morris county. The place really should be nuked.
Thankfully I've found two relatively new places in both Green Brook and Warren that are not only closer, but also aren't staffed by dick heads. Efingers isn't getting another fucking cent from me.
>>
>>29876558
As you left the shop off camera, the twilight zone guy walked out from behind a isle and did his episode closing spiel
>>
>>29876763
I'm not sure how it is in Texas, but I'm pretty sure you can't go over 40 without OT.
>>
>>29880148
Seriously, fuck efingers. FSS in hamilton is ok
>>
>>29880496
NJ here. I want to move to PA so I can shoot in my backyard. There's no restrictions on that, right?
>>
>>29876839
all that said, I think it's still worthwhile to own a Mosin if you want to have any sort of surplus collection
>>
>>29881147
You need to be a certain distance away from other homes/buildings iirc
>>
>>29876763
"Texas overtime pay is governed by the Fair Labor Standards Act, or the FLSA. As stated in my post that provided an overview of Texas overtime laws, as a general rule, workers are required to be paid time and a half for every hour worked in a week in excess of forty hours."
>>
>>29879152

> 1911
> Hammer down

It's like you're trying to avoid having a ND or something.
>>
File: Gluten-Free-Chewing-Gum-Listing.jpg (754 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Gluten-Free-Chewing-Gum-Listing.jpg
754 KB, 2000x1000
>>29875360
>Gum Store Stories Thread Goooo

>Be me, about to go to gum store
>Go to gum store
>Ask Vietnamese guy behind the counter for gum
>"Sorry, We no have gum, panic buying took up our stock"
>WTH

Apparently at some school, over seventeen kids got gum in their hair because of some butmad autist. So The Superindent got on the news and wanted to do something about gum violence, which made everyone freak.
>>
File: 1407224425261.jpg (10 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1407224425261.jpg
10 KB, 480x480
>go to gun store
>find gun that i want
>sign papers to buy gun
>pay money for the papers
>finally pay money for gun
>leave store with new gun
>go home with gun
>go to sleep with gun
>>
>>29881147
It depends on the municipality and how close you are to other buildings.
>>
>>29876852
>>29880754
>>29881663
I mean that while they're getting time and a half for those extra 20 hours, you're going to be expected to work them every week at the least. PLUS whatever extra OT comes on top of that.

I should have said "mandatory overtime" instead.
>>
>>29881711
nigga that's the dovetail
>>
>>29878474
>The Kraut pistol has taken revenge for Dresden

My sides are in orbit.
>>
File: dangerous smoothies.png (73 KB, 1154x495) Image search: [Google]
dangerous smoothies.png
73 KB, 1154x495
>>29879454
Capped for future use.
>>
>>29876839
Jezus this.
Couldn't have said it better
>>
>go to gun store
>owners/clerk are awesome
>buy quite a bit of stuff as thanks for their service
>>
>>29880148
>>29880496
>>29880589

Bridgewater reporting in, can confirm, Effinger is only good for buying scout shit at inflated prices, every thing else there will cost you an arm and a leg.

Slightly related, any good NJ gunsmiths at all? I'm looking to refurbish an Arisaka I inherited not too long ago.

Also question for NJfags - Heritage Guild on 22 any good?
>>
>>29879870
Might be a progressive reloading press
>>
File: -73d3c8bf7dd38bb7.jpg (205 KB, 924x1600) Image search: [Google]
-73d3c8bf7dd38bb7.jpg
205 KB, 924x1600
>>29882351
I wouldn't be able to tell you about any gunsmiths, I've never needed any real smith work and the work I have needed I've taught myself to do (I know a friend with a lathe)

As for the Heritage Guild, If the one in Easton, PA is any indication I expect it to be over priced and under stocked all the while trying to push Sig crap onto anyone that walks in.
>>
>>29876418
He almost got hit by a decent bit of a door when he blew up a truck and his camera man got hit by shrapnel when he blew up a fridge.
>>
>>29882543
Lets not forget the multiple times he's fucked around with flame throwers and nearly set himself on fire.
>>
>>29881806
>pay money for the papers
wut
>>
File: 1459974316425.jpg (41 KB, 297x273) Image search: [Google]
1459974316425.jpg
41 KB, 297x273
>>29879454
>>
>>29881628
>>29881852

Thanks. Can't wait to move out of this liberal shithole.
>>
I was in bass pro one time and this kid was walking around and picked up a savage axis and told his dad that it would be cool if you put a box magazine in it, that's about as good as I got
They also said some other dumb shit I forgot about
>>
>>29882477
>tfw you live in the "Poor Minorities" section
how much is a helium tank on amazon right now?
>>
>>29882940
$33.39 +S&h
>>
>>29882940
I'm in 'hipsters'. Not only does it suck, it's expensive to be sucking.
>>
File: america-grape1.png (410 KB, 1002x684) Image search: [Google]
america-grape1.png
410 KB, 1002x684
>>29878960
Fruit Stripe?
Ain't that the case.
I remember chewing that shit as a kid, and the stick barely got soft enough to chew before the flavor disappears.
Do they still make that ripoff-rubber?
>>
>Go to not so local gun store
>Be 19
>Obvious lesbian behind the counter
>Ask to see Ar15
>She says she needs to see ID
>Show ID
>Says she can't because I'm not 21
>WTF? Say I can legally buy it
>Says you have to be 21 to buy a pistol.
>I ask her in what world is that a pistol
>She says it has a collapsible stock so it's a pistol
>Sit there dumbstruck
>Say OK and go to the guy about 10 feet away
>Ask to see rifle
>Shows it to me
>Lesbian comes over and bitches guy out
>Guy comes out and says sorry
>Makes lesbian ring me up
>Go back a week later and she isn't there
>Ask guy about it
>Says she told dozens of people that
>She lost him too much business
>>
>>29882351
Heritage guild on 22 is ok. For gunsmiths go to Tier 1 defense, and you cant refinish the wood of an arisaka without getting sick. I think people told you this on the fb group previously
>>
>>29876558
Why would you be nervous of holding handguns at 19.at your age I own three handguns in California. Your an adult you shouldn't need perants permission to hold something.
>>
>>29880148
This isnt a rage thread anon
>>
>>29876292
My dad has a coworker that works there. I've gotten a chance to go into the back rooms and meet the owner. It is a really neat place to go, but you really need to make sure you find the right person to talk to. While some are bros, some are condescending turds that make things rough for you.

Anyway, you really shouldn't be buying something there unless you are looking for something obscure or very specific. While I've had good luck haggling with them, their prices are too high for you to warrant getting anything "run-of-the-mill" out of them.
>>
>>29880148
>>29883405

I hear so many of these stories. What is it with gun stores not wanting to sell guns? You'd think they'd take a little bit of time to learn about the tens of thousands of dollars more they could be making by all the perfectly legal sales they deny.
>>
>>29883239
The tattoos never worked either, but Fruit Stripe always tasted pretty good to me, the consistency aside. They still make it I think.
>>
From canuckistan
LGS previously hired an annoying airsoft fag who was mercifully fired eventually
>All around ignorant know-it-all and obnoxious dick
>Would take people into the range to supervise, then fucking leave them in there with the rental guns and ammo to go get shit
>Sold a guy an AR15 saying it was non-restricted (majorly illegal)
IIRC he ND'd in the back room too
>>
>Looking for a good range queen
>Go to local LGS to buy a Springfield 1911
>New guy behind the counter
>Ask to see one
>You don't want one of those, you can't conceal them, you should get this M&P
>I don't want to conceal it, I want it for target shooting
>Most gunfights happen at point blank range, you won't have time to aim, an M&P is much better than a 1911
>I came here to look at the 1911
>Trust me, you don't want it. Muh brother was in the army and blah blah blah
>Did I ask for your opinion or did I ask to see a 1911?
>Don't take an attitude! I'm trying to stop you from wasting your money
>Alright, fuck it. I'll shop somewhere else

Brought my $1000 down the street, called the owner the next day and told him. Does being behind the gun counter turn people into spergy know it alls, or are they just attracted to gun shop jobs.
>>
>>29883869
>>29884009
Honestly I've always held the opinion that these types are just shit at retail in general. But honestly, I think the best thing to do is just let the owner know what's up, if they're not the owner. If they are they probably won't last long.
>>
>>29884009
He was right though. 1911 are one of the worst guns ever made.
>>
>>29876320
Fuggg :DDDD
>>
File: 1399208679238.jpg (23 KB, 436x432) Image search: [Google]
1399208679238.jpg
23 KB, 436x432
>>29884131
>>
>>29882624
Background checks cost 2$ here
>>
>>29884077
Yeah, it's a very simple problem to solve.

>Call store, ask for owner
>I normally have a good experience, but this one guy pissed me off to the point where I spent money elsewhere
>Shit, sorry sir. I'm on the motherfucker

Capitalism works by voting with your dollar. I'm to the point where I'll just buy everything online.

>>29884131
If the customer wants to buy something, then the store sells it to them. That's how commerce works.
>>
>at b&k sales in MA
>Eastern European looking fellas are eyeing out the expensive side-by-sides
>starts acting out tactical drills for a minute
>"I'll take this one"
He's holding a beautiful case hardened sxs that's like $1200
>he turns to his Easter European looking friend
>"this one will be for the bathroom"
>the shop owner is looking at them as if they've done this before

I suppose he has expensive double barrel shotguns lying around the house?
>>
>>29880148
>There's a place by me called Efingers, imagine Bass Pro Shop but not a chain. Everyone there is retarded.

So its just a Bass Pro Shop that is not a chain.
>>
File: c09.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
c09.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>29884174
No, I think your FFL is just jewing you. Does he look like the photo?
>>
File: 1462574767867.jpg (87 KB, 640x868) Image search: [Google]
1462574767867.jpg
87 KB, 640x868
>be me
>go to local gun store
>as I walk in I see a faggot wearing a fedora
>I wanted to leave but I came here to buy shit so fuck it.
>walk up to counter
>"howdy"
>I cringe internally
>"I'd like to buy .22 rounds"
>"alrighty then"
>as soon as he went to get it behind the counter he smelled like a beta
>Literally smells like armpit mixed with shit
>he comes back with slug rounds
>mfw
>>
>>29876011
>has an lgs FULL of uncommon milsurp
>decided on an AR for first centerfire rifle

Nigger wtf?! Different strokes for different folkes but c'mon pham. ARs are GOD tier, but I'd trade mine for a Garand or a Krag inna heartbeat.
>>
>>29884263
>Behind the counter at gun store I work at
>Old man and younger man come in
>Old man is helping younger man pick out reloading equipment
>"And remember, make sure you know which powder you're buying. There's nigger powder and fake nigger powder, and the fake stuff is a lot more powerful so get your recipe twice before you add any."
>>
>>29883193
I'm from LI but I worked in Hoboken last summer. Food was about the only good thing there.
>>
>>29884350
They took our ARs, but they'll never take our steamed hams
>>
File: annoncer.jpg (83 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
annoncer.jpg
83 KB, 800x600
>"What's the quietest pistol you got?"
>Start talking about .22 calibre pistols
>"Shit no, I still need to kill the guy."
>Stare at him blankly for a second.
>"How big is your target animal?" with an emphasis on the word animal.
>He blinks at the question.
>"Hey, I ain't sure, maybe I should go check that out."
>Leaves the store

Sometimes man, this job, these people.
>>
>>29876291
which is absurd to people who may not know, oregon doesnt have retarded assault weapon ban shit
>>
>Working at a charity chili cook off
>Hunter guy has Hunter Deer chili
>Kill, Butchered, Cooked and Spiced by His Truly
>Talking to him about it later, after he won 2nd place
>Just wanted to know if cooking chili with ground deer had any special steps
>Says his secret ingrediten is a tablespoon of black powder
>Says he puts it in anything he cooks that he killed
>Nod, smile, don't say anything because of people probably losing their shit over it

These are the risks you run at the charity chili cook off
>>
>>29881984
You're an idiot
>>
>>29875360

>inna gun store
>they have cases of used pistols
>customer wanted to look at a pistol
>associate opened the top of the case took out the pistol
>customer wanted to buy it
>associate leaves the case open (kek rookie move}
>some highschool aged kid picks up a ruger lcr from the case
>points it at an employee
>defcon fucking 1
>employee draws a glock 21 he was ocing
>PUT IT THE FUCK DOWN
>kid shits bricks and drops it
>GET THE FUCK OUT
>he gets escorted out
>buy some nugget food

another story that happened at the same gun store;
>be November 2012
>friend and i are inna gun store
>he purchases a stag arms model 2 for 880 dollars
>sandy hook happens
>go back to the gun store
>same gun was 1700
>le6920 was 2000
>>
>>29881984

>dis nigga doesnt know basic firearms terminology
>>
File: 1461560830967.jpg (46 KB, 630x405) Image search: [Google]
1461560830967.jpg
46 KB, 630x405
is it just me or do any of you want to pipe up and help your lgs when hes trying to sell a gun? every time someone has trouble deciding i know what would push them over the edge to buy it but i dont interfere because i dont want to piss him off.

>guy trying to decide between p238 and p938
>asks how much smaller the p238 is, owner does not have p238 in stock to show him comparison
>owner tries to explain but guy is not getting it
>my lcp is about the same size as a p238
>want to butt in and say well compare mine to the p938, the p238 is about this size and great for pocket carry, etc.
>just listen in and watch owner kinda stumble around the potential sale

maybe its my inner salesman but when i hear someone killing a potential sale like that it eats at me

>mfw
>>
>>29884009
Most gun stores are stocked by autists, not sales personel. It's always the owners friend's ex wife's kid sister's son behind the counter at many mom and pops and AR big box stores it's a revolving door of the lowest commo n denominator stuffed into a uniform and forced to stack shelves for the lowest pay they'll accept.

A few non chain gun stores near me have tried to hire salesmen and change up the business model, but a used car salesman behind the counter who doesn't know jack shit about anything in the case is the same 10lbs of shit in a different 5lb bag.
>>
>>29884131
They worked for a 100 years and survive ww1 and ww2
>>
>>29884412
I sold a pack of nogs dressed in red a "deuce deuce" ar, mp15-22. To "kill cattle"
>>
File: FullSizeRender (2).jpg (437 KB, 1224x1426) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender (2).jpg
437 KB, 1224x1426
>go to lgs
>look at over priced guns
>talk guns with nice counter guy
>a few swat guys are in talking about custum rifles
>cool.jpeg
>buy lower and leave
>>
>>29884009
It's called commission. You get bonus pay if you manage to push items that aren't selling well.
>>
>>29884687
>implying anyone in a gun store has the skill to upsell properly
His story is a perfect example of the dunning Kruger effect. King shit wageslave misses out on his 3% commission on a cool grand because he thought he could "upsell" the guy to a cheaper gun 720 degrees and a moonwalk away from what he came to the store for.
>>
>>29884687
I always assumed that this is how .45 GAP pistols sell
>>
>>29884567
I've felt this way a few times but don't want to step on toes. I feel like a lot of lgs sales people are pushing glocks and don't care about variety.
>>
>>29881753
7/8 post was gr8
>>
File: GfMzQQ2.png (292 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
GfMzQQ2.png
292 KB, 600x558
>>29878533
That's a cute ass pupper.
>>
>>29883869
Well, the craziest thing about the whole situation is that I was the first one out of dozens to say something.
>>
>>29884757

this guy is the owner and sole employee but even though he doesnt really try to sell anything he still does brisk business so i guess thats good
>>
>>29884844
I've always felt it depends on the size of the store. Some stores are tiny holes in the wall. Then you have something like PSA where the store is massive. All the smaller stores are fairly talkative and I don't think they'd mind too much. PSA it might get weird when their busy though, because when their busy it's generally so packed it takes 10-15 minutes to even get a hold of an employee.
>>
File: chimpout.png (497 KB, 443x600) Image search: [Google]
chimpout.png
497 KB, 443x600
>>29883869

Sometimes it's the faggots that owners/managers hire, not necessarily the store itself.

>>29884077
This does help, and most of the time the issue will get fixed, if not, fuck that store.

In the defense of other fun store employees everywhere, sometimes we get pushed to our limits. You guys post about the shit you've heard at the range, I hear it fucking daily.

>Stoppin powah
>salt rifles
>hillary gonna ban dem salt rifles
>.380's for the ladies
>clip
>cheap holster that CLIPs on
>what holster can I use without a belt for my fuckheavy 1911.
>clips
>salt rifles blow deer in half
>muh pistol safety
>can't carry dat glock with a round in the chamber

My personal favorite is when someone acts like they have a question, then when you give an answer they act like you're lying to them and nitpick your answer like it's wrong.

Fuck working with the public.
>>
>>29884483
i mean, at least its just a tablespoon.
>>29884567
i always want to do this but my inner retard tells me I'm gonna fuck it up, slip on spaghetti and die.
>>29885390
i saw a fucking employee take a MP22 off the rack, cock it, and dryfire it into the wall like a dozen times in a row.
without a snapcap.
as a rimfirefag I almost lost my shit.
my personal favorite is
>be looking at shit
>someone down the counter looking at 380s
>salesman says that "it shoots 38, so ammo is everywhere"
>customer smiles and nods, obviously noguns
>die inside a little bit
>>
>>29884757

I do tend to push glocks a lot for someone's first pistol or as a defensive pistol, but I always tell customers to just buy what they want.
>>
>>29876839
Yeah, even if you want a cheap bolt gun, these days it's cheaper to get a Savage Axis II or something. .308 is even cheaper than 7.62x54R now.
>>
>>29884344
They're not local, I had to drive 2 hours to get there. I went there to fingerfuck obscure guns and check our rifles that I can't find in any old store.

They're absurdly expensive, with some of those Krags going for $1500-$2000 in shit condition.
>>
>>29885446
Black powder is just sulfur, saltpeter and charcoal... isn't it?
While I wouldn't voluntarily eat any of that shit, would it really fuck you up?
>>
>>29885543
in large amounts, it most certainly will.
thats why reloaders wear gloves and shit.
but if you dont ingest it all the time, you should be fine.
>>
>went to gun store
>waited 20min to see handgun
>noticed that I have to take number
>took number and saw salesman after another 5min
>ask to see gen4 G17
>He hands me one, I hold it for an interval and tell him "I'll buy it"
>fill out paperwork, guy tries to sell me a store warranty, I decline
>pay and walk out
another time at the same store
>walk in asking for magpul G17 mags
>guy behind counter looks around for them
>I look around for them
>He says "I don't see any man, I know they have them at _____ store"
>I'm like "Shit, k thanks man"
>buy a 33rd mag and leave
>>
>>29885446

see the first part of my post for the dumbass employee.

customer habits part II

>Do you have a holster for my .38?
What kind of .38 do you have?
>It's a glock
Oh so you have a .380?
>Yeah the glock .38

>Do you have a holster for a nine?
Who made your 9 millimeter?
>Uh I dunno, I think this holster would work
holding a ruger sp101 holster

I make it a habit not to recommend the generic nylon holsters because I hate when people buy cheap shit or make dumb decisions when it comes to carrying that could get them hurt.

>MUH BUDDY sez that a shotguns the best home defense gun, cuz you can just throw it up at the hip and SHOOT!
Well sir, if there's an intruder in your house, why would you be dragging your shotgun along, wouldn't you have it shouldered?
>HUH I neva thought bout dat.

or

>I just want a cheap holster that CLIPS onto muh pants cause I don wear a belt.
Well ma'am, you may want to reconsider wearing a belt, a gun can weigh down your pants and besides that, it offers retention to your firearm, since you're going to open carry you should probably make it harder for (tyrone) to steal it from you.
>Oh wow, that makes so much since
or
>But muh pants don't have belt loops.

I find it hard to just sell a gun to a newbie without them getting some type of help/training. Fuck, I've taken several newbies to the range so I can show them how to clean it and shoot the damn thing.
>>
>>29885620

*sense
>>
>>29882543
That was great, it came within about a foot of cutting him clean in half.
>>
>>29878376
lucky bastard
>>
File: 1367807672223.gif (370 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1367807672223.gif
370 KB, 500x359
>>29885620
>Buy old Noble 40 Pump Action Shotgun at a gun show
>Google a manual for disassembly
>Can only find the manual for a later Smith and Wesson model
>Only picture is a part diagram for a pump action that isn't my model
>Disassembly steps 1-3 are stupid simple
>Step 4 might as well be written in another language referencing parts that are not on the parts diagram
>Cannot get the bolt to extract
>>
>>29884599
Would this be in Albuquerque by any chance?
>>
>>29885777
ABQbro?
holy fuck
>>
>>29885819
Yeah dude moved down here about 6 weeks ago for a job at Sandia. That MCX they had was calling my name. Decent range overall but $20 is a bit steep.
>>
File: LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE.jpg (74 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE.jpg
74 KB, 500x333
>>29879454
You played me like a damn fiddle.
>>
>>29885747

This is a not so common ocurance. If I had it in my hands I could probably figure it out and show you but I'm not familiar with them, Smith and Wesson did a lot of upgrades to those, but I'm not sure where they differ.

Someone on the firearmsforum suggested to another person with the same problem to look at The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part V Shotguns Second Edition.

If your local gunstore has a copy, see if they'll copy the pages for you, we typically do this as well as reloading data from manuals if they just want to do one caliber.
>>
>>29885747

Also, try watching this to see if you can figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81dtXA2zkpY
>>
I'll make this one short

>Be me, working at gun shop
>Guy walks up to counter with a nugget
>I pull out 4474, tell him how to fill it out
>ask for ID and CCW should he have one
>He drops voter ID
>I tell him it has to be a photo ID
>He says it doesn't and he always does this
>Finally he drops photo ID, address on the ID and form don't match
>Tell him they have to match
>Tells me they don't
>Tell him he has to leave
>Leaving, telling us we're going to lose our FFL
>Run his name for shits and giggles
>Felon
>>
>>29885985
why would a felon have a voter id?
>>
>>29886061
Had it from before he was a felon?
>>
>>29884483
>black powder

Of fuck I read that black pepper..
>>
>>29886061

kraut space magic

>>29885985
>implying an angry customer can tell the atf to have an ffl closed down
kek
>>
>>29884577
and Korea + Vietnam
>>
>>29886178

Yep, we had a good laugh about that
>>
>>29882477
>Canadians and Philly Trash

As a person from philly this makes me kek. But that are should be expanded to at least Ocean City imo
>>
>>29880148
>.22LR is a pistol round

Aww hell nah man. Fuck that place and fuck it hard.

I got some .22LR at one of my LGS and the guys there are pretty chill and cool. Just asked me for ID and what it was for, told him my 10/22 and he's like aight.

Fuck that place man. Give em a bad rep on Angies list calling the Full Fud Retard.s
>>
>>29876457
That feel when got my hex nugget for $89 shipped all matching numbers. Back in 2009.

I enjoy it. But it was the start of a ww2 gun collection i havent finished. Need to jump on a cmp garand.soon.
>>
>>29886246
Sup philly bro. What you know about delco shooting supply?
>>
>go to gun store
>see a .22 lever gun
>want it, tell clerk
>get to fill out atf form on specialized computer instead of paper because TECHNOLOGY
>wait five minutes for background check to clear
>pay and walk out with new toy

Is this what you wanted OP?
>>
>>29885620
true that. customers suck balls.
t. gunstore employee
>>
>>29881859
So what.
5d 12h isnt bad as long as ut is a stable shift and they dont have you doing night and days in the same week.
>>
>>29875360
>local gun store
>walk in around 10:00
>pick up 100 rounds of .22LR and 20 of their $0.15 shop targets.
>strike up conversation
>guy shows me the AR in 300 Blackout he put together
>ask about getting ammunition for my old 30-40
>eventually pay and leave after fondling some stuff
>spend the next couple hours playing at 100 yards.

>AND THEN NIGGERS POURED OUT OF THE FOREST
>WWIII.JPG
>START UNLOADING MAG AFTER MAG INTO THE SEEMINGLY ENDLESS CROWD
>FINALLY CLEAR A PATH AND CLIMB THE TOWER OF CORPSES
>REALIZE I NEVER LEFT THE GUN STORE
>REALIZE NIGGERS ARE RAIDING THE GUN STORE
>SHOP OWNERS ARE FIRING INTO THE CROWD TOO
>PAUL RYAN SWOOPS IN ON AN EAGLE WIELDING DUAL P-90'S
>NIGGERS ARE WASHED AWAY IN A TIDAL WAVE OF THEIR OWN BLOOD
>EVERYONE GETS THE MEDAL OF HONOR
>THE COP 4 BLOCKS AWAY LOSES HIS JOB FOR BEING RACIST AND THE POLICE DEPARTMENT IS SUED INTO THE GROUND BY NIGGETTES

gun shop stories are always 1 drop truth and a gallon of horse shit. Fun reading though.
>>
>>29875794
I was going to say the exact same store
>>
>>29884567
I work at a sporting goods chain and I love when customers help me talk with other customers about firearms. It's not that I don't know anything, just when another person comes in it's like everyone learns something.
>>
>>29880224
Fellow AZ fag anon. What's the store with indoor range called?
>>
> gun shop stories are always 1 drop truth and a gallon of horse shit. Fun reading though.

Yeah, like yours about finding affordable .22 ammo
>>
>>29876219
SK Arms sucks, Between the Walls is where it's at.
>>
>>29885543
>he thinks we wear gloves
>>
>>29887025
Whoops meant for >>29885559
>>
>>29886666
Probably that one on the 60 and stapley. Starts with a C.
>>
The gun store that's about 4 miles from my house is pretty great. They have a good websites do the staff is bro tier. No one is stuck up.

Ok thinking about joining their range just because I want to support them, desu. Just wish they had more than indoor ranges.
>>
>>29875360
>walk in
>Hey, how ya doin today?
>ah pretty good. you?
>oh just fine. anything I can help you with?
>nah, just looking around for now.
>OK. Just let me know if you need any help.

Anybody else deal with this absolute hell? GOD, WHY DO THEY HAVE TO SUCK SO MUCH!??!?!?!?!
>>
File: NANI.png (285 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
NANI.png
285 KB, 720x720
>>29875360
I'm almost 19 but haven't had the cash flow for guns until very very recently so i went a few days ago to a LGS/Range near love field airport in Dallas, pretty funny but good experience since i already knew what i was doing.

Story:
>be me, just got out of class, still wearing my business casual required unifrom
>decide to blow off some steam with a full auto
>Goto LGS
>Walk in, catch attention of cute blonde running counter
>"I'd like to rent one of the full autos"
>Has me fill out waiver, pick out gun, runs card
>Then takes ID and runs it
>blonde comes back, "i thought you were 21, didn't realize you were 18, i can't let you rent a FA"
>Cue joke about how stupid NFA is
>she chuckles and agrees
>Says i look "respectable" enough that she would let me but
>DEMS DA RULEZ
>Tells me they'll let me shoot any of the Semi autos and no range fee since they already ran card
>Pick AR-15 and AK-47 since i've never shot either
>Shoot all my ammo in <10 mins
>look to my left and guy is firing a AR-15 "pistol" with 8 inch barrel
>LOUD AF even with hearing protection
>Look right and see redneck family enjoying their date night with their fudd rifles and sisters.
>turn guns back in
>Start talking to the hispanic ex marine now running counter
>dude carries four pistols in his truck ready for use and carries
>Proceed to spend an hour and a half learning about pistols and shit
>End up talking with other hispanic manager guy and white old guy who work there
>Everyone politely explains to me their preferences in caliber
>9mm, 45ACP, and .357 SIG all in attendance
>Even though i couldn't buy they still thrust pistols into my hand to try
>leave happy and ready to own a gun
>Then go home to shitpost on /k/
>YFW this is a good LGS story

BONUS:
>Get home
>mom is half and half on owning guns
>show her my good groupings
>Tell her what the ex marine said about pistols
>Mom now says she wants to buy me a pistol as a grad gift

Any suggestions on first pistol for home/car carry?
>>
>>29887069
Oh don't even get me started on all the times my LGS gave me a discount because I'm a regular customer. What a bunch of dicks.
>>
>>29887113
Probably a Bulgarian Mak. They're pretty nice and your mom won't have to break the bank getting one.
>>
>>29887113
Everyone will tell you to get something reasonable or practical. A glock, ruger, sig, H&K in 380/9mm/40/45. Something along those lines.

You've got to tone those voices out. If it is your first gun and a gift you want something fun that you might not otherwise get for yourself.

Get a Ruger Redhawk in 357, a Vaquero in 45 colt, or a S&W Model 29 classic in 44mag.

Something big, stupid, and fun that you can treasure forever. A $500 9mm, you can get that whenever. A thousand dollar wheelgun is more special.
>>
File: ehhhh.gif (1 MB, 291x320) Image search: [Google]
ehhhh.gif
1 MB, 291x320
>>29887148
Those are in 9x18 though, as cool as it would be i need something a little more common.

>>29887162
One of those would be sick, but my mom only has around $500 she's willing to spend...
>>
>>29887162
didn't he say it was a carry gun though?
if its for shits and giggles, get a model 29 in 44mag.
as big of a 1911 fanboy as I am, its not a noob gun that everyone can carry.
so go with with a M&P Shield in 9mm for now.
>>
>>29876143
nice senpai
>>
File: 1446396377356.jpg (45 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1446396377356.jpg
45 KB, 500x363
>>29885985
I thought voter registration cards an acceptable form of secondary proof of residency.
>>
File: wackity schmackity.jpg (23 KB, 291x317) Image search: [Google]
wackity schmackity.jpg
23 KB, 291x317
>>29887187
Ya it is for carry

I got to handle the M&P's and those felt really nice and contoured.

The ex marine let me hold his FNS he carries and that was really awesome, granted he did trick it out with some cool night sights and shit.
>>
>>29886409
It's 6 10+h days. The only day you get off is Sunday.
>>
>>29880148
Only time I ever pulled the "have to be 21 for .22" card was when the kid was annoying or acted like a dick.
>>
>>29876320
>girl who's into guns
1% chance she's single, and if she is, 1% chance she'll go for you instead of the best shooter/gun collector in the room.
>>
question for all gun store employees ITT.
how do you feel about the kids in gun stores with parents?
not like, 17 year olds. no. like 14 and under.
cause before I could get my own shit I went shooting all the time.
I tried to talk to the counter dudes when it wasn't busy, just small talk about stuff, and they always were total dicks.
look, I get it. I was a kid, whatever.
but IMO, shouldn't you be nicer to kids? they're the next generation of shooters and all, and if you don't get 'em when they're young, the democrats get them and then they hate everything about guns.
just a theory.
>>
>>29879952
Norwegian
>>
>>29884599
Which fun store is your pic related? Rio Rancho fag here
>>
>>29887335
looks like the big calibers off the freeway, or their fist store.
also, fellow RR-ish fag here.
I'm right on the line, but ABQ side.
so happy that ironwood has waffles now.
love me some waffles.
>>
>>29887342
I was the westside calibers yesterday, they rearranged their store for some reason.... I heard that some guy offed himself at the other location, pretty crazy
>>
>>29882351
>refinish
>an Arisaka
Bubba please don't.
>>
>be me working gun counter
>slow day just stacking ammo and looking busy.
>sketchy looking white guy comes in. Not to unusual. Most people look poor in this town.
>asks where our magazines are, point to the section with them.
>he goes and looks at them for a few minutes
>comes back and says he needs help finding the right one.
>walk back over with him and ask what kind of gun it is.
> "uhh it's a 9mm holds like 15"
> tell him I need the model to find the right one.
> he says he doesn't know buy it's in his pocket if he could pull it out.
> tell him sure go for it.
> guy pulls out taurus PT92
> no Magazine in it and the serial has been neatly filed off.
> "oh we don't carry taurus magazines" while standing in front of some beretta 92 magazines.
> he tells me he just got it
> also tells me he's a federal agent up here on a contract.

Man you'd think our government could afford better guns and magazines for their agents.
>>
>>29884009
>I'm just trying to stop you from wasting your money
>"You're gonna save me all my money, I'm not buying shit from you."
>>
>>29884344
"Collectors" Firearms is a joke, all their milsurp are overpriced. You only go there to look or if you are rich and don't care about money, buy.
>>
>>29887363
man, I hate it when places rearrange their shit.
is it just me or does the young dude (I think lenny or something) a bit of a dick?
I mean, hes not directly a dick, he just kinda gives that feeling off.
but the old guy, john, is totally fucking based. always talk to him if you can.
>>
>>29887398
I can't say I've seen either of them, I want to go to the freeway location tomorrow though so I'll see if they're there
>>
>>29887422
nah, they're at the one by burker king and shit.
I think I got my locations mixed up, I dunno.
>>
>>29887436
There's a black dude that works there that's pretty cool too. Did you ever go to the original calibers on Paseo and the 25 freeway? It's a car crafters now lol
>>
>>29887390
Literally the only thing they're good for is the super-rare shit. Their milsurp is overpriced, but I'll be damned if they can't get their hands on some historical artifacts.
>>
>>29887372
u didnt call the cops and distract him for a few minutes :(
>>
>>29887446
yeah, the black dude is cool.
I did go there, was a good place.
>>
>>29887461
I shot my first funs there.... good times
>>
>>29887473
heh, same.
man, all us ABQfags gotta meet up some time at double eagle or something.
I know one /k/ommando here that has posted his garand that i really want to shoot.
>>
>>29876108
please tell me it wasn't reseda.

also we had some asshole try to pick up his hipoint carbine while his wife was giving birth in our parking lot today.

happy mothers day i guess.
>>
>>29887478
That would be sweet. There's a guy on facebook who's putting together a normie shooting meet in West sandoval county.
>>
File: papa shooting.png (190 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
papa shooting.png
190 KB, 800x480
I went to a LGS about three weeks ago and fired a gun for the first time with my grandpa. :)

We rented two handguns, a .22 and 9mm, to use at they're range, I didn't check the brands due to the excitement tho. IT WAS SO FUCKING FUN!

I've loved guns since I was young so this was a huge thing for me. I knew they would be loud, but holy fuck they were loud! Also I learned how fucking hot casings are when they are ejected, I could feel the heat from them when they bounced off my shoes and pants. I also didn't expect as much kick from a 9mm as I got. I was so nervous and excited, I was shaking with adrenaline for almost half an hour after we were done!

I didn't keep track of how many .22 ammo I fired but I know I fired 30 9mm rounds total. My grandpa was and still is impressed with how tight my groupings were, since then we have been going to a lot of pawnshops to compare prices of handguns and every time he kept talking about our trip and how well I did. :)

Sorry for the blogpost.
>>
>>29883669
Wasn't nervous, just every gun store ive entered here in california has said I can't hold their handguns because im under 21. I own 2 handguns as well.
>>
>>29887504
Are you a grill?
>>
File: 1453616768872.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3542) Image search: [Google]
1453616768872.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3542
guys, this thread. don't make me do another tales from the gun counter. i had to do one friday night and it was terrible
>>
>>29887459
Nah he was a federal agent. Not like they could arrest him.

Still wasn't as sketchy as the guy who said he was incharge of teaching a EOD class and was looking for fertilizer and stuff to set up a mock bomb making shack.

I sold him low nitrate, gucchi miracle grow type stuff that was over priced.

His wife was 9.5/10 blond and he looked like he might have been law enforcement/ military so I let it go.
>>
>>29887553
If you do, make a new thread, shit was side splitting
>>
File: 1453257563122.jpg (228 KB, 1789x1208) Image search: [Google]
1453257563122.jpg
228 KB, 1789x1208
>>29887558
i'll do one tomorrow night
>>
>>29876243

>>29876114
Is the 88 even worth it?
>>
>>29886331
Are you me? Because that's exactly how buying my wasr went
>>
File: 1450466933211.jpg (83 KB, 640x485) Image search: [Google]
1450466933211.jpg
83 KB, 640x485
>>29887531
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm a guy
>>
I know it's not a dedicated gun store but this happened to me a few hours ago.
>go to Walmart to pick up microwaveable breakfast sammiches and Gatorade for work week
>all the fruit plants need harvesting and it's getting hot outside
>decide to waltz over to outdoors section for catfish bait/nightcrawlers and some 9mm FMJ, every Friday I fish and shoot after I clock out (farm on the Colorado River)
>6'5" beer gut dude with a porn mustache and an Info Wars hat is asking clerk who clearly doesn't like his job about .223 ammo
>"can I see that Eagle stuff? I wonder if it's as good a deal as cheaper than dirt"
>he looks at it, opens up his phone and compares prices
>"do you price match?"
>clerk says no
>"ok, well can you give a discount with groceries?"
>clerk says no
>"well I'm a returning customer"
>jump in, tell him it's Walmart not a gun store
>guy looks at me and says "well I'm just trying to get as much ammo as I can, I wasn't into guns but then I saw Obama was taking dem refugees and I bought an AR, can't use it if I can't feed it!"
>tell him FMJ .223 is cheaper online
>"well I don't want my mailman knowing I'm packin! He might come knocking if things go downhill"
>all the /k/ memes are sitting in my head and I realize who I'm dealing with
>you're absolutely right, better nab that ammo for cash here
>cashier tries not to smirk as he rings the guy up
>"you been to Europe lately? I hear it's bad over there"
>no but I saw lots of Libyan refugees when I was there in 2011
>"man what a mess! Good thing Hillary and Bernie won't win here"
>t-thanks you too
>didn't even stay for the white box
>it's shitty ammo anyways
>>
>>29875711
>88
>H is 8th letter of alphabet
>Heil Hitler

Welcome to neo-nazi land, friend
>>
>>29875711
So did you pick dubs?
>>
>>29880148
I had that happen to me, tried to buy some .22, said I could not, so I left. I have bought 4 guns now, and never from that store. Fucking love capitalism. If you are going to treat your customers like shit, you will lose customers.
>>
I don't like gunstores. I feel awkward as fuck in them because I feel like owning a firearm and even just being a gun owner is taboo because I live near Chicago and everyone demonizes guns and we have nowhere to shoot cheap.

These threads give me joy. :(
>>
>>29876801
Get back to work Daniel.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (49 KB, 680x960) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
49 KB, 680x960
I wish the place I work at sold guns, we're an outdoor work wear and military surplus store. at least we get ammo from time to time

>tfw we have literally everything carhartt makes

>tfw I get 30% off all the .22 I want
>>
>>29876457
I got lucky a few years back, big 5 was selling them on black Friday for $150 so I snatched one up.
>>
> walk or of gunstore in iffy part of town
> guy riding past on bike with outboard boat motor asks me "wanna buy a motor? I know you need one!?!?"
> he's wearing an NRA hat
> politely decline
> see him down the street riding around as I drive home
Fucking armslist
>>
>>29887707
>one time I went into a lgs asked for a Polish Makarov.
>You want a polished makarov?
No, I want a Polish Makarov.
>polished?
Spaghetti is flowing over my pockets now.
"P-p-polish."
My friend chimes in "No, he wants a Polish Makarov.
>OH, we don't have any.
We leave.
>>
>>29884567
My lgs owner is a /k/ommando and I don't help sales so much as I back up whatever he says usually. Usually its shit like "don't teacup, just stfu and get a glock, shotguns arent the best hd gun, no ma'am you shouldn't get a revolver" but we got this asshole once

>shooting shit
>ordering mags cause lol CO and he doesnt give a fug
>hotshot comes in on his flip phone talking all loud
>acting like tony stark
>"i'll take a 1911 with a laser"
>owner takes deep breath and asks "what make of 1911 and what kind of laser?"
>just whichever is the best, the one that comes with the laser in it
>asswipe still on the phone. I can almost see the sweat corrosion on the pool floaty plastic window on his $3 pleather flip phone case
>"I might have pissed some guys off so I need the best"
>lgs says his first reaction should absolutely not be to guy a gun with clearly little experience if he feels he's in danger
>"No i already did my research and found enough evidence that lasers make the gun more accurate"
>I chime in and say lol no, since he's already been rude to my bro
>"someone at the range had a laser on his gun, I think it was a 1911, and it was pin point accurate"
>goes on to explain in a defensive shoot the laser will faster to find than sights especially at night
>tell the guy he's dreaming if he think's he's going to draw, engage the laser, correctly aim minute of man, find the tiny red dot on an attacker's body and clothing while it's moving and threatening him, etc
>"who the fuck do you think you are smart ass I guess I'll get a taurus curve instead, I heard those were better anyway"
>tell him his sources were more fucked than his haircut (yeah I dunno)
>guy acts like he wants to fight
>lgs bro tells him to gtfo
>"you can't tell me what to do"
>lgs puts hand on his 226 and tells him he can leave on his own or in handcuffs
>"I'm outa heeyah" with a sudden fake ass italian accent in buttfuck colorado
>>
Positive Story:
>My dad and I show up at our LGS to use their indoor range
>Guy that came in right before us is a nervous-looking old man
>He rents an M&P9 and states that this is his first time shooting
>Employee runs him through the basics and safety rules, but tells him that they have to charge for full lessons
>Dad and I offer to take the lane next to his and help him out
>Dad helps old man with sight alignment, shot placement, stance, etc
>Does okay for first time, hits man-sized targets at self-defense distances
>At my behest, after he was done we let him fire off a round from our S&W Model 28
>Old man leaves his first range trip with a goddamn smile on his face

Do your part to get people into the hobby, y'all. We need all the help we can get.
>>
>>29887764
That reminds me,
>Dad and stepmom and I go to lgs/range.
>I bring my glock, Dad brings the colt python and Rugar sp 101.
>We all have fun, shooting the targets.
>trade off on the guns, Dad thinks the glock handles like a Sports car.
>I shoot the python, get like a sub one inch group from 7 yards with it. Impress my Dad.
The gun has virtually no recoil and after shooting the Glock 23, it is a stark difference.
>>
>>29887195
I think some states differ. IIRC only some states require secondary ID, which still has to corroborate with the primary.

Regardless, when somebody argues or in any way gets upset with a 4473 they know they can't buy it anyway
>>
>>29887398
Lenny gives me the fucking creeps.
And he's been a direct asshole to me and I spend a lot of money shooting there and buying occasional range ammo.
>>
>>29887820
he doesn't give me the creeps but he's just a fucking dick to me.
but john (the old, fudd-ish dude) is based and so is the black guy josiah.
>>
>>29883405

You should've just gotten all spergy and told her it wasn't machined as a pistol, and if it was it would have a buffer tube.
>>
>>29887762
>actively telling people not to buy what they've already decided to buy

I respect the moral compass but that's a great way to go out of business.
>>
>>29884202

>I suppose he has expensive double barrel shotguns lying around the house?

You don't? I've got a bunch of "fun closets" in my house that are all string-operated.
>>
>>29887652
>tfw dad is like this
>he owns a hipoint and a bubba'd sks he calls his "ak"
>>
>>29887051
C2 tactical? You just specifically mentioned that the GS was "close" to the C2 Repair team.
>>
>>29887892
Not him, but I've been to C2. Got to shoot a full-auto UMP45 and a USP.45 with a suppressor. The guy there with the "0311" tat on his inner arm is a bro.
>>
>>29887113

Walther PPX
Taurus Judge

I don't actually have any good suggestions, those are just the first to come to mind.
>>
not sure how much euro /k/ stories appeal to you but that was a rather funny day

>working on the side at LGS
>be selling shitloads of everything because of europe situation right now
>have webshop as well
>guy comes in saying he reserved an AR
>ask him which one and when he did
>says today, cant find it stored away
>colleage says yeah earlier today via webshop
>2340€ AR
>paid via Paypal online
>we charge Paypal fees from people, because we like cash
>86,34€ in Paypal fees
>okay whatever, let's see your license
>guy lives 250km far away, lots of LGS on the way here but apparently we were the only ones with that specific AR (austria is sold out completely)
>he did spend another 600€ cash on mags and ammo though from a wad of bills (he had lots more..)
>license pic looks like a car thief, slav last name, spanish first and middle name, hungarian license plates, residence in austria
>registration shows he owned a Glock 17 and 2 Ruger Scout Rifles

that was one weird dude, why not pay the rifle in cash as well, he had it with him apparently
>>
>>29887162
Don't throw his mom's good intention into trash can.
She want >>29887113 to have a suitable carry gun.
Not a flamboyant range toy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.