[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any one else on /k/ tired of all this future bullshit in Call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 12
File: absolute trash.jpg (74 KB, 620x416) Image search: [Google]
absolute trash.jpg
74 KB, 620x416
Any one else on /k/ tired of all this future bullshit in Call Of Duty? What type of COD do you guys want to see?

I want to see a modern warfare era COD, not like the actual modern warfare series, but in current time. Maybe play as the Marines in an Invasion of South Korea but the Norks and fight off the commies in seoul and eventually fight up to pyongyang. Or maybe we fight Iran or some shit cause they attacked israel and trying using nuclear bombs from the nuclear deal obama had with them.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>29873739
So basically Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4?
>>
I'm actually going to buy infinite warfare.

Because it has a remastered modern warfare. That is literally the only reason to buy that hunk of titanfall bullshit
>>
COD campaign is an expensive trailer
>>
>>29874045
>he fell for the marketing meme

>>29873739
Well they can't go back to the past because Battlefield 1 is literally wrecking their shit in that division.

They might as well go all the way to the future and give us floating 6DOF space battles with jetpacks, flying space debris, and pilotable Jetski-sized spaceships with attached guns.
>>
I just want a next gen WW2 game with better graphics for fuck's sake
>>
>>29874128
Not falling for anything. I know exactly what it is. But I've said for years if they remake that game to the exact same specs I will happily buy it again. I haven't bought a call of dooty game since black ops

>>29874138
Also this. Battlefield is finally realizing we don't want this mirrors edge bullshit in FPS
>>
>>29873739
I would like to see them represent current militaries more accurately, there aren't nearly enough women or people of colour in cod
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ&app=desktop
>>
>>29876261
dat music
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 550x512
>>29873739
All I want is a fucking Vietnam game
>>
>>29873739
cold war alternate history.
something where the cuban missile crisis ends terribly and you are on a b52.
you remove commie jets, drop your shit, watch a mushroom cloud, and then you crash in the arctic circle.
now you must fight through waves and waves of ruskis on your way back to a US base in greenland.
I would play the shit out of that.
>>
>>29873739
Sounds to me like you want to play the Battlefield Games.
>>
>>29876294
So much this.
When the Battlefield 1 stuff came out Friday I was pretty devastated it wasn't Bad Company 3: Vietnam. To add insult to injury all the /pol/tards kept screaming nigger while I wept and listened to my Napalm Rock playlist.
>>
>>29876338
>Napalm Rock playlist.
that sounds fucking great and I need it in my life
>>
>>29873739

Yes.

Considering what's going on in Syria/Iraq there's tons of material to make a good CoD game based on the war being fought there.

Maybe not so much cutting edge war tech in this one but more of the jerry rigged weaponary being used by the rebels.

Online versus can be Faction based each with their own unique weapons accurate to the group that uses them. Meaning you wouldn't see ISIS guys running around with mk.18s with full laser and optics.

I think this game would sell if done right.
>>
>>29876362
>you will never play as a freedom fighter with a rag tag group of soldiers fighting ISIS with cheap Russian weapons
Why live
>>
In the "Intel" section on BlOps there was a document which mentioned the future Capt. Price being sent to Johannesburg to hunt down a rouge Mason and Hudson in 1978.

I want them to erase Black Ops 2, give us BlOps2 as a nexus between MW and BO. I want Frank Woods to be found alive in South Africa, and I want a mission in Lebanon where the team meets and assists Kamarov.
Lots of great clandestine shit happened in the 70s-80s that would fit perfectly.
>>
>>29873739
>Infinite Warfare

When you think about the title you really start to understand just how big of a joke this franchise is. It literally sounds like something a movie producer would have used as a parody of Call of Duty in order to avoid copyright and trademark laws. I can see it now... Some fat ass 13 year old character is begging his mom to buy him this game.

>"Mom, mom!"
>"Yes, Tim?"
>"Mom, you HAVE to buy me Infinite Warfare! All my friends are playing it!"
>"Now, Timmy, go ask your dad. I don't like those violent games!"
>Laugh track
>Scene change to Timmy's father's workshop. Timmy's father is sitting on a bench, hunched over a birdhouse
>"Dad, dad!"
>"Yes, Timmy?"
>"Pleaaaaaaaaaaseee can I get Infinite Warfare? My friends are all getting it"
>"Now, Tim, when I was your age, all my friends were getting bikes... Your grandpa wouldn't let me get one, though. And look at me, I turned out just fine! Now go play some paddle ball, son"
>"D'aww, okay..."
>Que audience "Awww"
>Fade to black
>Applause
>Roll credits
>>
>>29876475
>but mooooooooom, it has better graphics!
>>
Last good one was COD4.
>>
File: Juarez.jpg (256 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Juarez.jpg
256 KB, 1920x1080
>>29873739
WILD FUCKING WEST COD

>i would jump back into cod if they did this haven't played one since waw.
>>
Will it have Denuvo?
>>
>>29876376
it is called insurgency
>>
>>29876793
Supposedly the next Rockstar game is situated in the Red Dead universe. Either a prequel or a sequel to Red Dead Redemption.
>>
File: 1461057502451.jpg (30 KB, 285x423) Image search: [Google]
1461057502451.jpg
30 KB, 285x423
>>29876793
Gunslinger was a good game but one I feel that's only worth going through once. After you see the twist it kinda loses something.

>mfw people think redemption ending is the best ending, let alone the true one
>>
>>29876793
Fistful of Frags.
>>
I think it's hilarious, and as someone who always complained that cod never changed at all, it's a really big step in another direction
>>
>>29874147
Rarely play video games, but if this "Buy this game and you'll get the remastered version for free!" marketing bullshit is true, I would wait a few months, maybe half a year.

They're bound to release it separately as a different product. Similar to that Halo game that was released.
>>
I'll never fucking play it because shit laptop. But I was hyped because there are no jump packs in the trailer but it turns out there will be jump pack mechanics in the game once again.
At least the campaign will be really awesome imo. MW series had some really awesome scenes, especially last stands and such. With colonies attacking Earth or whatever I'm sure this willl be a rollercoaster of awesome moments.
>>
>>29876294
http://store.steampowered.com/app/418460
>>
Call Of Duty: Civil Warfare

>press F to march in straight line
>musket won't hit shit and takes nearly a minute to reload
>play as indian with bow sometimes
>cannons
>press F to fire volley
>customise your stupid bright outfits
>fail mission if you kill anyone higher rank than private
>ride horse and cut down enemy with sword
>>
>>29873739
I've seen combat in the Marines. It killed vidya for me, at least combat games.

I prefer games like Batman arkham night and I'm twisting my niples for Wii U Zelda. If I have to play combat game it's gonna be metal gear. Something about disguising in a cardboard box just tickles my fancy.
>>
make it ww2

completely change the game play so its more interactive/sandboxy instead of glorified rail shooter
>>
>>29878116
>Musket
>Bright outfits
>Some dumb rule against killing officers

Do you actually know anything about the Civil War?
>>
>>29878152
>Do you actually know anything about the Civil War?

What the hell do you think?
>>
I'm really having fun with Black Ops 3 tee bee h famalam. Other than the melee, semi-auto shotties, the game is pretty good.
>>
>>29877381
fistful of frags is a shitty source engine game

people want new games
>>
>>29873739
>Or maybe we fight Iran or some shit cause they attacked israel and trying using nuclear bombs from the nuclear deal obama had with them.
I rather play as the good guys though
>>
I really want battlefield 1 to be a good game. I suspect they will fuck it up, but whatever.

There are so many options for these games. Another one set in Vietnam but go all the way LLRP, crawling through swamps and rivers, booby trapping bodies, fucking around in tunnels, etc. They could do Korea, and actually be the first Korean war game. Early jets, WWII guns, fucktons of artillery, trenches, hordes of norks and chinks, would be awesome. Or they could just go WWII again. Cover new stuff, like the winter war in Finland, or the German invasion of Poland, or the Chinese Kuomintang fighting against the Japanese, or the Indians and gurkahs and shit fighting the japs. So many ideas. They just need to not get stuck on the same old crap: WWII Stalingrad and Normandy, modern spec ops guys fighting Russians over nukes, etc. Heck, like someone said earlier, do a game like that set in Syria or Iraq 2008-2016. Play as peshmerga and ISIS or some shit. Jerryrig trucks with guns, scavange old weapons and vehicles, fuck around in ruined cities, behead hostages, etc.
>>
Speaking of shooter franchises, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault 2 fucking when?
>>
>>29876362
That is literally Insurgency
>>
>>29874128
We all know we're getting ripped off by buying Infinite Warfare. But guess what? I don't care, because I can afford a £40 game and i'm only buying it for COD 4 remake, which I also bought for £40 in 2007. The nostalgia alone is worth the money in my eyes. Playing all those maps with thousands of players online again will be worth it.

And if I get some shitty future game with it, so what. Not like i'm actually going to play it.
>>
>>29873739
I want a good vietnam/korean war game. I've played WW2, I've played made up 'modern' events, give me a gook killer!
>>
>>29878308
They should make BFBC3 set in vietnam after the squad goes back in time somehow. Or maybe could be like a modern vietnam. Though they still need to fight the russians after the BFBC2 cliffhanger end.
>>
>>29873739
I'd like to see it go back to WWII-modern warfare or anything in between, if they can't think of any conflict between those wars or whatever then do like ace combat where they just make up their own countries and wars
>>
>>29878292
>Playing all those maps
>They only put 10 out of 20
>>
>>29874138
I agree.

Let's go back to WWI WWII or Korea.

Battlefield is doing it right. Even though I'm not a fan of battlefield anymore
>>
>>29873739
why don't they make the Korean War COD we all wait for? And now back to /v/
>>
>>29876294
I demand a Mark Wahlberg skin
>>
>>29876261
Mmm yes.

Bolt action fun again at last.
>>
>>29873739

>Or maybe we fight Iran or some shit cause they attacked israel

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF RIGHT FUCKING NOW YOU JIDF SCUM
>>
>>29881004
>71 taegukgis into the fire
Fund it.

Also tower defense coop warding off nork hordes.
>>
>>29873739
I think you should fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>29878223
>1939 Poland
Is there a better scenario for a last stand gamemode?

>Battle of Wizna/Wesserplate
>You and 3 of your homies have to hold the line against endless waves of Germans while under bombarded ment and bullets zipping over your head
>vicious hand to hand combat when they overwhelm you and get into the trenches
>clanking away with a shovel before finding a MP38 to swap your empty mauser with
>managing to clear the remainder of the trench/hill/bunker
>find ammo and do it again
>military drums bang away in the distance when on a killstreak
>no renforcements no tank support no airstrikes
>>
>>29878154
I am gonna go with no
>>
>>29882404
FUND IT
>>
>>29876338
link your playlist
>>
>>29882404
>tfw you'll never hear the satisfying clank of your field shovel hitting a stahlhelm
>tfw military drums get me hard like a motherfucker
>>
I'm honestly looking forward to Infinite Warfare as well as Battlefield 1.
>>
>>29873739
I actually like the Bulls hit they put out, it keeps the kiddies away from Battlefield, Arma II/III and insurgency

Pic related is Arma III after update
>>
>>29873739
>Or maybe we fight Iran or some shit cause they attacked israel
Why would we do that?
>>
>>29873739
Yeah, you and literally a million other people.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x312
>>29876344
>>29882690
It's a mix of this YouTube playlist (don't know who originally compiled it), and a playlist on Spotify called "Napalm and Rock & Roll"
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0054CAD1367AFC37

I wear tiger stripe BDU pants to work sometimes and jam it. God I'm autistic for Vietnam.
>>
>>29876294
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
>>
>>29878308
See
>>29887099
>>
>>29878291
Insurgency is fun, but no, no its not.
>>
>>29873739
I was tired with it by Black Ops 3 OP
There's plenty of other wars to make vidya out of, most of which would be fun
Korean War has never been done befo
I also want shit like Colonialism FPS with A symmetrical multiplayer, one smaller team with single shot rifles and a larger team with spears and swords and a few used rifles
But no, it wasn't enough that we were stuck with modern FPS for so long, now they're milking future ones too
I mean what even is the point of a future FPS if it doesn't have unique enemies like aliens and all that? That's literally the only reason future FPS can be fun, but CoD makes it so it's just CoD but with faggot robot shit and retarded weapons and dumb abilities that are really lame and depressing and not fun.
>>
>>29884986
Its decent, the radio hits kinda take room from some "deeper cuts" like the choice Zeppelin songs on it but thats prolly how it was for the troops... That Capt Beefheart track is clutch tho. Dead Milkmen rule, but were from 1980's. Throw some MC5, Stooges and Townes Van Zandt on there I'd say you're straight. Maybe Velvet Underground if your one of the cool GI's with bootleg tapes
>>
>>29887299
*one of the cool GI's smokin saigon heroin in the back of the hooch
>>
>>29887160
And multicolored transformer weapons, dont forget about those
>>
>>29873739
I want American Civil War. Having to frantically reload your musket while the enemy is bearing down on you, bayonet at the ready. Or on horseback with two lemat shotgun/revolvers gunning down yankee cavalry.
>>
>>29887160
the one thing I really fucking hated were the fact that they had so many fucking controls.
there were times where you needed 2 buttons at once to do shit, and it was just a general clusterfuck.
I just want a simply controlled, well balanced, and skill based modern FPS.
is that so hard?
>>
>>29887320
Look up War of Rights friendo
>>
>>29887333
>skill based modern FPS.
>is that so hard?

Yes.
Yes, it is.
Actually, I say that but I just remembered http://store.steampowered.com/app/324810/ , looks good.
I miss Tribes: Ascend.
>>
>>29877381
PASS THE WHISKEY
>>
>>29887362
I mean a AAA shooter, preferably call of duty, not some steam game I'll download and never play. I have hopes for Battlefield 1, but I haven't liked any of their installments since BF1943 (or Bad Company 2 Vietnam, whichever came out latest).

I just like console shooters more. The fact that you can't aim as precisely inherently makes it more about maneuvering (i.e. less camping)
>>
File: NA-45_menu_icon_AW.png (83 KB, 476x138) Image search: [Google]
NA-45_menu_icon_AW.png
83 KB, 476x138
>>29883601
I don't get why people get bent out of shape that CoD's going futuristic. It's not like the franchise was particularly strong in the historic suite, nor in the realistic gun mechanics front.

It looks a lot better when you realize that it's just an excuse to add cool new mechanics to the standard Call of Duty gameplay.

Advanced Warfare's Exo movements are amazing and add so much to the traditional CoD gameplay that I'm still playing it to this day.
>>
>>29887299
It's pretty good for a youtube playlist. I was at work doing blueberry harvests after a heavy rain and everything was fucking swampy (work onnafarm) and some Blackhawks flew over, so I googled "Vietnam war songs" because I felt it would be more fitting than the NPR podcast I was listening to in that occasion. Then I went on Spotify and added the other playlist. I listen to Van Zandt pretty often, I'm an Americana and bluegrass fan first, but my affinity to 60's and early 70's Rock is growing.
I think /k/ should make a Vietnam music playlist with some good videos, we know the content is there, but I'm computer retarded outside of my flight sims.
>>
>>29887423
It's not like the franchise was particularly strong in the historic suite

Yeah except for some of their biggest games being WWII
1, 2, and 3
>>
>>29887423
For everyone above 12 years old it makes the game too fast and the kill as many people as you can before you die game is tired button smasher shit. Survivability isnt really encouraged in mainstream titles anymore
>>
>>29887440
This. I remember getting an Xbox 360 my freshman year in high school and playing Leningrad on CoD 2 after watching Enemy at the Gates and man that shit was fun.
>see my friend running across the courtyard with MP-40 thinking he has one upped me and will surely get CQB
>lay him to rest with glorious Mosin
>mock him the next day at lunch for doubting Vasily
>>
>>29887432
Ah right on, I was talkin bout the spotify list, but ill check out the youtube one. Good call on the late 60s - early 70's shit. The book "Please Kill Me" and the bands from it are all worth checking out.
>>
>>29887497
Oh yeah the Spotify list is very poppy, the YouTube playlist has great footage and some good tracks.
I'll check it out, the music from that generation is hard to beat.
>>
>>29887521
Most def
>>
Can't we get a World War II game with a campaign where you play as the Germans?

Seeing the war from the other side would be fresh change in perspective. The African Theatre would be nice to play since the West sees them as the least Nazi.

[spoiler]But we all know we want to kill commie scum[/spoiler]
>>
>>29873739
Is Infinite Warfare just a sequel to Advanced Warfare?
>>
>>29884857
That's gotta be a record.
>>
>>29887423
>It's not like the franchise was particularly strong in the historic suite

Nigger World at War was amazing and you fucking know it.
>>
File: 1454488314921.png (198 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1454488314921.png
198 KB, 512x512
Okay....CodDF here I'm just gonna throw out my opinion it's probably shit but it is what it is.

For years casual and "Hardcore" gamers have been shitting on CoD and in some cases they are right.

"It's the same game" Gameplay style? yeah but each game offered something new MW 1-3 was a grounded but playable Action movie, BlackOps 1-2 was what "True gamers" played
but finally we got a break from and the devs started experimenting and messing around with things. Ghost is a highly underrated game with one of the best alternate reality settings I've seen a completely realistic take on how the first decade of the 21st century could have been completely different.
Advanced Warfare. once again fixed alot of problems people had with CoD and showed that the Franchise could be more then just Grit and to be honest was one of the best shooters of that year. BLOPS 3 broke my heart it was a solid game but it just wasn't what I wanted. I wanted to see the fallout of Mason's story the world post cordis dai but instead we got Deis Ex for babies...but it was still fun and had some of the best designs and game play yet.
but at this point every one started bitching "Muh WWII Shooter" "Why is everything sci-fi nao?" CoD breaks away from going stagnate and now people demand....more of the same it pisses me off.

I wanted Ghosts II not Infinite Warfare but I'm still gonna pick it up....Space Combat. solid designs....Killzone done right. MW remastered fuck it. if people need to stop bitching and maybe they will enjoy it.
>>
>>29887612
Infinite is Infinity Ward Advanced was Sledge hammer.
>>
>>29887773
Oh thank you anon
>>
>>29887761
Ghosts had a lot of potential and the campaign was good, my complaint was with multiplayer as a casual.
>finish campaign
>move to multiplayer
>try to play at a low level and get shit on from every direction by people who were actually good
At least in battlefield 4 I could do my own thing in a vehicle or role play as a recon sniper and get a kill or two without being harassed. The map sizes and weapon selection aren't welcoming to gun enthusiasts on CoD anymore, but the campaigns have always been good.
>>
>>29887805
Ghosts had the weakest in terms multiplayer but damn if you got the right set up you could go 12 to 1 easy. plus customizing your look was always cool.
>>
>>29887761
>MW remastered fuck it.
Part of the reason I liked the first MW was the dedicated servers and modding.
Doubt they'll keep that.
>>
>>29887671
Record for what? Pretty sure gangam style still has the most views ever.
>>
File: man-o-war-main-large-2.jpg (32 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
man-o-war-main-large-2.jpg
32 KB, 640x360
Also Black-ops 3 gave us this sexy beast...so I can't stay mad at it.
>>
>>29873739
Anything with decent plausible story. If you're going to set it in the near future do even a modicum of research. Military FPS games have degenerated into the same amount of thought they put into superhero flicks.

The original Ghost Recon in 2001 straight up predicted the 2008 Georgia crisis. Bring back that level of historically driven plot and games will automatically be more immersive.
>>
Ill just wait a while until cod4 remastered standalone is on steam.
>>
>>29888192
Treyarch may remaster WaW if this takes off
>>
>>29888192
supposedly before the actual release there was a "Leak" on Amazon for a Modern Warfare Remastered Collection.
>>
>>29876294
Do you even Rising Storm 2 ?
>>
File: tmp_30199-register-1453945778.png (72 KB, 211x244) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30199-register-1453945778.png
72 KB, 211x244
>>29878292
>Playing all those maps with thousands of players online again
>What is the PC version
>>
fucking playing as the krauts
i want to play as the goddamn finns,or japs
>>
>>29877381
You mean Wilson Brother Shootout?
>>29878223
Same here.
>>29887761
MW gotten stale at 2. BO was a goddamn abortion. And fuck South America.
>>
>>29877348
Does anyone remember "Red Dead Revolver" or "Gun"?
>>
>>29878398
>implying more maps won't come later with success
>implying MW2 won't also eventually be remade
>>
>>29889034
Given just how much asset sharing there is between MW2 and 3, I wouldn't mind seeing them both re-released together.

Hell, why not sell all the remastered Modern Warfares in a jumbo pack, I'm sure someone would buy it.
>>
>>29889034
hello activision
>>
>>29883977
holy crap the thumbnail and picture looked real!!

video games are crazy these days!!
>>
A cold war era call of duty game where you play as a spy
>>
>>29884857
They'll blame it on the patriarchy.
>>
>>29890924
Lel. Fem Fags still mad at Ghostbusters II ratings.
>>
>>29888660
Ayyy lmao Mystery Dungeon.
Loved that game a couple years back.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.