[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you discover ISIS have better equipment and could easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: pepe.jpg (102 KB, 800x716) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
102 KB, 800x716
>tfw you discover ISIS have better equipment and could easily beat your entire military forces togheter
>tfw a regional militar power
>>
Sure they have equipment, but they don't know how to use it because they're dumb, untrained, undisciplined, disorganized sandniggers.
>>
what country?
>>
>>29850089
>>29850103
>inb4 latin american/small european country.
>>
>>29850099
This.

Kind of.

ISIS is too small to do proper conventional war logistics.

Lucky for them, Arabs are too incompetent.

If you're from a country that has its shit together, the logistical advantage will manifest in armor, artillery, and air power.
>>
You seen the footage of actual ISIS combat?
>>
>>29850103
>>29850315
Colombia.
>>
>>29850364
I'd actually bet on the Colombian military.

ISIS is a mainly infantry force, and the Colombians are an extremely experienced, motivated force.

ISIS got as far as it did mainly because the areas they were "conquering" were Sunni tribal lands that wanted away from the central government and welcomed them in.

If they can't break the SAA or the Kurds, you'd probably be fine.
>>
>>29850385
I know.

I'm sure my military could wreck those fags.
they're basically another guerrilla, which my country has extensive experience.

It just came as a shock to see how weak my military is for conventional war againts another state.
>>
>>29850364
>Colombia
>worrying about goatfuckers
Your country have many other problems, also I doubt that your country would not beat the shit out of them.
>>
>>29850385
Exactly this.
A guy from mosul once said "we prefer a hundred years under the rule Isis and not one day under the mercy of the Shia army"
The Arabs literally let Isis in.
>>
>>29850414
>missing the point
It was a joke man.

I just wanted to talk about my military.
>>
>>29850432
>shittalk own country on OP
>somehow I'm the one missing the point
It's ok. If you just wanted attention would could said so.
>>
>>29850452
the point is that our military forces in conventional war, are almosts nonexistant.

sure, we have one of the best counter terrorists armies in the world.

but can you sustain a conventional war with just anti-guerrilla units?

our best shot is to use guerrilla tactics, ironically the shit that has done us so much damage.
>>
>>29850481
but are you worried anyways? Nothing will happen to Columbia.
>>
>>29850417
>The Arabs literally let Isis in.
Maybe carpet bombing wouldn't be such a bad tactic after all.
>>
>>29850537
It just came as disapointing.

more like a national pride being hurt.

I'm sure if another latino country will attack us, there will be at least some USA answer.

after all, we're their biggests allies here, and we have a bunch of USA bases here.

our biggest danger is venezuela but is literally a failed state now.

wouldn't you feel in schock after discovering how weak is your military?
>>
>>29850580
Do you guys think Venezuela may try and fuck with you? I think you guys are better trained and motivated than they are but they've sunk quite a bit of money into modern tech. Also are you guys getting any actual MBTs any time soon?
>>
>>29850592
I dunno, but my country has extensive training and combat experience.

It simply come as a shock to find your country entire air forces are a bunch of vietnam light planes and your infantery lacks anything more armored than light transport shit and our artillery are nothing more than a bunch of mortars.

It's a joke our air forces and military ones.

Our only respectable shit is our naval and they come as a light small force.
>>
>>29850580
>Venezuela
>Atacando Colombia

No pasara, tenemos mayores preocupaciones, todo eso del odio contra colombianos es esencialmente Maduro buscando enemigos fantasmas para tratar de desviar la atencion de los pocos pro gobierno que quedan.
>>
>>29850620
I know there will be civil unrest if venezuela come and attack us.

but It's just disapointing, almost to the point of anger, to see how weak is our military.
>>
>>29850592
Not OP but Colombian as well. No plans for MBTs or anything newer than the Kfir when it comes to planes. Most of our terrain doesn't lend itself to armored combat anyway, they would only be useful in the north coast up to the Magdalena river, or even up to the Cienaga Grande if things go well. That's probably less than a tenth of the country's area.
>>
>>29850632
Sabes que soy venezolano y no es necesario seguir escribiendo en inglés, cierto?

pero entiendo a que te refieres, por otro lado, los colombianos suplen su falta de equipamiento con unas fuerzas armadas mejor entrenadas y más motivadas, de nada sirve que acá tengamos SU-30 si nuestros pilotos los estrellan (Por poner un ejemplo)
>>
>>29850638
some armored patrol shit would be great for our police sempai.
>>
>>29850638
Aren't you guys looking into picking up some Leopards or Merkavas?
>>
>>29850580
>wouldn't you feel in schock after discovering how weak is your military?
I live in of NATO's poorest countries that have to buy even its own bullets from other nations, a country that had almost all its military industry (that was already very small) scraped, a country were the few are the ones who take any pride in their armed forces, a country that once, despite its small size was able to stand up and fight. If feel sorry for that but there's nothing I can do about it, but at least I know that nothing will ever happen to us and I can live safely instead of having to worry about being bombed or some shit happening here.
>>
>>29850662
Sup Sweden.
>>
>>29850654
>spanish
I know, but this is an english board.
>>
File: columbianarmy.jpg (10 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
columbianarmy.jpg
10 KB, 300x180
>>29850632
I don't think you're using the right metrics. You've been fighting a narco insurgency for decades in mountainous terrain and WINNING. You have tough ass battle proven motherfuckers in helicopters. That's really all you need.
>>
>>29850671
Sweden isn't in NATO. My guess is a baltic.
>>
>>29850658
It IS true that our police is a gendarmerie, but dude... they are corrupt as all fuck, the last thing they need is more equipment for them to end up "losing".

>>29850659
There were also rumours about looking at the grippen and spyder as system, but those rumors have been in the mill for years now and nothing comes of it.
>>
>>29850672
ok, i'll answer in english if that's what you want to

anyway, what i wanted to say is that even if our armed forces have better equipment, you are better fighters.
>>
>>29850679
I know, but it just come as making you anger how shitty is the equipment of our soldiers.

I'm sure a stronger army could had taken and military defeat FARC and ELN, at least at a point to make then take refugee outside the national territory and keep them at bay.
>>
>>29850723
yeah, the mountainous area is a good argument as to why we lack tanks.

wonder if /k/omandos can give their opinion on our military forces in a conventional war.
>>
>>29850728
It's Latin America.

Oddly enough, conventional military tensions in that part of the world aren't nearly as bad as in Europe or East Asia.

As long as none of your neighbors have the good shit either, you don't need to bother shelling out.

Also, the Galil ARM is a sexy rifle.
>>
>>29850686
>My guess is a baltic
>not super proud of their military.
>>
>>29850728
>>29850723
Look, the problem is not only the equipment, but also the fact that the higher ups see conflict as such an everyday thing, that they have simply turned it into a business, so to speak. Remember that french reporter attached to a counter-guerrilla unit that was captured after an ambush where the unit he was in was wiped out? Guess WHY that happened in the first place? They had time to get reinforcements, but the higher ups didn't think it would be worth the expense.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 960x954) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 960x954
>>29850331
>>
>>29850749
Agreed, Galil is a sexy as all hell rifle. Too bad we're fucked when it comes to gun control, buying one here as a civilian is either too fucking expensive (if done legally) or too fucking hazardous (if done the other way)
>>
File: steinbeck on defense.jpg (84 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
steinbeck on defense.jpg
84 KB, 850x400
>>29850728
They are combat experienced. That's more than any goddam Latin American country can say. Your army is a big fish in a medium-sized pool full of other organisms that can't even fucking *swim.*
>>
bait thread
>>
>>29850779
Your image says it all: to defend is to lose. The Colombian army does not have the resources to project any kind of force, unless they have air superiority (and given our air force, I doubt they ever would)
>>
>>29850761
>>29850779
I just want my army to not get fucked by simply marxists guerrillas.

I wonder how will an army with experience in guerrilla combat will do against a better equiped more traditional one.
>>
>>29850767
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, ABU HAJAAR
>>
>>29850802
Let's ask those north-Vietnamese, shall we?
>>
>>29850811
kek motherfucker.

It's always funny to see the USA army get fucked by guerrillas.
>>
>>29850800
Yeah, but the prospective opponents are Venezuela and Peru.

It'd be like a cripple fight, except one of the cripples has spent the last 50 years fighting off stray dogs that try to eat his legs.
>>
>>29850822
lol
>>
>>29850822
I don't think Colombia has any beef with Peru right now. Ecuador had some, back when Chavez was around, but now they have mellowed out some, specially after Santos climbed to power.

I still think shit with Venezuela could start up via Nicaragua, what with the whole Colombia-NIcaragua dispute over the San Andres islands and Venezuela's unconditional support of NIcaragua. Sure, Nicaragua is a laughing stock, navally speaking, but Venezuela does have a much bigger and more properly equipped fleet than us, something we don't have any experience with.
>>
>>29850872
will USA step in to help us?
>>
>>29850897
Only if they had any economical interests involved, which I doubt.
>>
>>29850897
Now that the Chavistas aren't in power, I'd be interested to see how that turns out.

I'd guess yes just because the US has invested so much money in Colombia for drug eradication, and because the Americas are still America's back yard.
>>
File: us-bases-in-colombia.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1950) Image search: [Google]
us-bases-in-colombia.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1950
>>29850904
you must be ignorant of current american and colombian cooperation.

>>29850912
yeah, chavez was always using the usa bases to politically attack us.
>>
>>29850945
I think it'd be a Monroe Doctrine type of thing.

I mean, Panama, Grenada and Nicaragua weren't even threatening their neighbors and they got straight fucked up.

If you actually attacked a US ally, I think even Obama would be highly likely to stomp your country.
>>
>>29850945
>2009
>current

Pick one.

Uribe was still president back then and he was pretty aligned with the US, yeah. Santos, on the other hand, is more aligned with the guerrillas than anyone else.
>>
>>29850982
do you imply colombia will suddenly stop being an allied of the US?
>>
>>29850912
I highly doubt that my country will attack colombia, specially now that chavez is gone, we don't have the money to back us up now, and our current president doesn't have the charisma to actually make the people support him.
>>
>>29851000
No, what I'm saying is that politics change. What will happen when Trump is president and shit happens down here?

>>29851007
Now THIS I agree with. Still, would be nice to see our equipment being more in line with our neighbors'.
>>
>>29850802
>not get fucked
Well so far you've been fucking the FARC up something good, you're getting better at it over time. Just need to start transitioning into conventional roles in the near future and get new gear accordingly.
>>29850897
Most likely yes, but it would take some time for us to react. In that time the Venezuela could try to mess your shit up, in which case you could try going guerrilla on them. From a cursory wiki check you do have modern ATGMs, so you can at least fuck some of their armor.
>>
>>29850814
i had a poli sci professor that explained it by saying that the US had built a tall fence to keep out soviet knights, but it couldn't defend against arab snakes
>>
>>29850767
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, ABU HAJAAR?
>>
>>29850767
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, ABU HAJAAR
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.