[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First gun purchase. So, I have about 300 to put down for a handgun.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: icollector.com_-620x350.gif (58 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
icollector.com_-620x350.gif
58 KB, 620x350
First gun purchase.
So, I have about 300 to put down for a handgun. I have never owned a gun before and have done little shooting.
I am just looking for something reliable, with cheap ammo.
I also am a bit of a history buff, so any historical significance would be appealing to me.
What should I buy?
>>
ah, /k/ is failing me
>>
>>29849897
nigga it takes more then 4 minutes.
Makarov or a P64 is probably your best bet for sub compact
Yugo or Romanian tokerev if you want full size
>>
>>29849855
Nagant Revolver, the gas seal on the cartridges insures complete reliability and accuracy and the adds a silencer effect, as well as high velocity power to the 7.62 FULL METAL JACKET ammo, it is the best gun my older brother brought one back from syria when he was in the special forces
>>
>>29849855
Get an Obrez.
>>
>>29849855
Romanian Tokarev
>>
>>29849855
>$300
Read the sticky, check the prices of used versions at your LGS, then come back to us to ask about if it's worth a damn for the condition whatever it is you find is in.

Also, lurk more.
>>
>>29850195
>>29850215
Fucking hell, day/k/are is out in full force today.
>>29849855
Also, I forgot to mention that you should probably read up on how to inspect a used gun.
>>
>>29849855
If you want a cheap, nice rifle with very cheap ammo, get a .22. If you want a good rifle with tons of aftermarket so you can customize it until the end of time, get a Ruger 10/22. If you want a good, very accurate semi auto, get a Marlin model 60. Savage also makes very good .22 rifles that often come packaged with a scope. You can find any of these at pretty much any store that sells guns. I think the Marlin and Savage rifles you can usually get for under $200. The 10/22 is ~$200, depending on model and where you buy it. 22lr is also very cheap, usually 10cpr or less.

There are larger caliber rifles you can get for $300, but .22s are a good place to start. You can get some pistols for around $300. One that's very popular at that price is the Canik TP9. I'm not sure if they've gone up in price, but they are a very good deal. The Ruger 9e and Smith and Wesson SD9VE are also usually around that price and good pistols. CDNN sports had Walther PPX's on sale for $280, I'm not sure if they still do. Those weren't very popular, so CDNN, a wholesaler, bought them and is selling them far below MSRP. They're not the prettiest thing, but it does grow on you. The trigger is also very nice. If you decide on a pistol, get it in 9mm for the cheapest ammo.

You can also get something like a Remington 870, Mossberg 500, or Maverick 88 shotgun for $300 or less. 12ga shotgun shells are very cheap, although lots of indoor ranges have restrictions or don't allow them period.

I hope this helps some, if you've got any other questions feel free to ask.
>>
>>29849855
>I am just looking for something reliable, with cheap ammo.

get a police trade in glock or smith and wesson m&p that shoots 9mm for $350 on buds gun shop. it'll be cheap, you won't lose any money on it, and you'll be able to buy parts. it's a honda civic. save your money and collect cool guns later. if you want a cheap reliable carry gun, get a used glock, m&p, or xd. I'm not a huge glock fan, but they can be had at a reasonable price and you can afford to shoot 9mm. don't get some weirdo historical stuff that you can't afford to shoot.

get a history gun for your second gun. you need something that you can trust your life on.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/654_910/Used+Guns/Police+Trade-Ins

all of those are under $400. Frankly, you are getting into sketch territory if you are at $300 out the door for a handgun. that's high point territory. you can get a decent bolt gun with no optic or a decent shotgun for around $300, but i'd just save my money until i had at least $400 to buy a reliable sidearm.
>>
>>29849855
Makarov. It was THE sidearm of most of the warsaw pact from 1954 up until 2006. Bullets are running around 24 cents a round in bulk, not as cheap as a 9 but less than a .40. But really >>29850386 has it right. You don't want to play with your life.

Also your price range just isn't happening for anything above a certain quality. That's like rock bottom get it now sale price for anything that you don't get out of desperation.
>>
CZ82. Quality and good price.
>>
>>29850386
>hi point
>$300
Get a load of this goy, I bet he paid sticker price for his shitty Hyundai
>>
>>29849855
Fn hi power or the Hungarian clone. Also Romanian or Yugoslavian tokarevs are cool too.
>>
>>29851207
sorry, plastic turds aren't exactly on my radar.

and i'll have you know i got a fair price for my hyundai.
>>
File: 2015-09-12 19.35.39.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-12 19.35.39.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>29849855
Answer is obvious, Nagant revolver.
>>
Hi point
>>
>>29849855
Hi! Point?
>>
>>29849855
Why do you need a gun when I can be yours for free senpai?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.