[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joining the US Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 640x726
So basically I've been planning to join the army but now that my parents know they want me to join the Navy or the Air Force. They're under the impression that I'm gonna be killed if I join the army. How far off ate they from the truth and do any of you /k/ommandos have any suggestions on what branch of the military to join? Btw I'm 6'1 and 150 lbs so take that into consideration.
>>
>>29847525
Well what do you plan on after the military? The Air Force and Navy may be better options if you want to find cushy jobs after serving.
>>
>>29847547
Not really sure yet. Currently in school for Computer Science but a career in the military does sound kind of nice.
>>
>>29847547
Not really sure yet. Currently in school for Computer Science but a career in the military does sound kind of nice
>>
Soldier in Training in Royal Bong banter team.

I wanted to join the Air Force and fly >Typhoons but then I grew over the height limit, then I wanted to join the Royal Marines but I wanted to finish Uni first to become and Officer.

Halfway through my first year at Uni I joined the Army reserve, my dad was supportive of every decision so in ways I have it easier.

The bottom line is, it's your life, you've only got one, you've got to live it on your own terms, not your parents. They can give you guidance, but you should never let them make the decision for you.
>>
>>29847525
Your size does not matter, and your chances of serious injury are reduced if you are in the navy.

They may also believe that it would lead to better accommodations and better job opportunities.
>>
>>29847583
I appreciate the advice. My parents aren't telling me I can't join the army, I just don't want them to be really worried
>>
>>29847595
I don't want to be stuck on a ship. I want to be boots on the ground. Am I just being ignorant of the Navy's role?
>>
>>29847652
Muh reen pog here.

Dude I was stuck on a aircraft carrier for 18 months along the coast of South America. You're going to get fucked regardless of the decision. Someway, somehow, the branch is going to fuck you.
>>
>>29847689
Well fuck. What was life on the ship like? Seems like it would be pretty boring
>>
>>29847652

I'm not in the military but I've known many people who were in different militaries all around the world (Canada, Germany, Poland, Austria, etc), from what I've heard from them, you are going to be bored as fuck no matter what branch you join. On a deployment you can choose between being bored on a ship, being bored on on an army base, or being bored on an airbase.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.