[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BATTLE OF THE NATIONS 2016 LIVE STREAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 2.jpg (101 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
101 KB, 800x601
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqE-FXzx3Lo

I figured this is /k/ material, so a thread belongs here.

>What is BOTN?

Battle of The Nations is a medieval tournament that pits two national sides together, usually fighting with swords and shields, but other weapons are allowed too. Right now it is women's 1v1 duel. Later there will be males and team fights.
>>
Awesome sport, been training with Team Havoc, one of the Aussie teams since late last year. Putting an order for Armour in after BOTN is over.

Just saw Skye from my team win her round against a Pole. Looking forward to watching rest of my team compete over the next few days.
>>
>>29844666
>>>/asp/

Is where these threads should go. It's too bad that board was fucked up so bad by the wrasslefags, it used to be good.
>>
>>29844693
I didn't even know that board existed
>>
>>29844666
Battle of the Nations is just full contact LARP
How about you learn actual historical fencing?
Using unarmoured techniques against armoured opponents
>>
>>29844696
Most people dont. It used to be my secret martial arts club.
>>
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
going to the opening ceremony tomorrow lads
might buy a ticket for one of the days like last years
but the russkie retards hosting the whole thing put the finals on a workday monday wtf?
they are literally doing it for the money (you should see the prices) and then they fuck up like that
>>
>>29844666
>womens 1v1

Pathetic
>>
>>29844966
American Monday is Russian sunday for most of the country. Not sure where this was hosted though.
>>
File: tips fedora.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>29844666
>>
>>29844708
Assmad swordfishfag detected.
>this salty your Meyer doesn't work for harnisfechen
>this afraid of full weight, non feder swords.
>>
File: 1461597443087.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461597443087.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
yyyeeeeEEESSSSSS

MY FAVORITE /K/ THREADS ARE BACK

BRING ON THE RUSSIANS
>>
Isn't this the "sport" where grown men hug each other and slap dildos on each other's shoulders?
>>
File: 1454387810397.png (28 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
1454387810397.png
28 KB, 186x208
The hell is this?
If you wanna kill a guy in armor the first thing I'd think about is to go for grapples, stabs, disarms, or halfswording, none of which are really exhibited in these fights.

I thought harnischfechten was a thing, what's the downside of incorporating it into this?
>>
>>29845467

This faggot wouldn't last a min in a match. Fuck off, no one wants you here.
>>
>>29844689
You have coed teams?

Or are they split.
>>
>>29845626
you are watching the sword duels, which are based on point. the 5v5 matches are all about grapling and kicking and shit. you loose when you hit the ground
>>
>>29844666
>>>/tg/
keep your slav cringe out of here, nerd
>>
>>29845626
>I thought harnischfechten was a thing, what's the downside of incorporating it into this?

It is. I would imagine that the issue with incorporating it here is that we would probably end up looking at a mix of severe injuries (broken limbs, dislocations, etc) and judgement calls/points scoring where someone pokes someone else through a gap in the armour.

The former has obvious problems (even those that don't really mind pain and injury may be less than enthusiastic about missing practice and competitions), and the latter seems to be pretty much what the BotN/HMB crowd wants to avoid.

So instead they go for a "beat to ground" approach. The whole "club the guy down" bit, and possibly the scoring system as well, may fit some late medieval or renaissance foot tournament variant. As far as I can tell there's no real effort here though to also aim for historical techniques, but as I don't think we have any manuscript or so detailing any techniques for such foot tournament club fighting, that'd probably be a doomed cause anyway.

Pic: blunt sword (whalebone?) and club for tournament fighting, ca 1460.
>>
>>29845493
>implying I'm a German shit
>Implying I don't study Fiore and use blunt longswords
Buttmad LARPer detected
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.