[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets have a 5.7x28mm appreciation thread. It may not be the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 625313.jpg (255 KB, 1600x1024) Image search: [Google]
625313.jpg
255 KB, 1600x1024
Lets have a 5.7x28mm appreciation thread.

It may not be the absolute best all purpose round, but its definitely not as useless as a lot of people say.
>>
File: rr-weapon-systems-ammo.png (127 KB, 738x438) Image search: [Google]
rr-weapon-systems-ammo.png
127 KB, 738x438
>>
>>29841857
>its definitely not as useless as a lot of people say

[citation needed]
>>
>>29841865
what kind of asshole shoots a bird like that?
>>
>>29841857
I really want to pull some and load up some really light weight, high speed 5.56 rounds. I feel like they'd be pretty fun at short range
>>
File: sparrow.jpg (144 KB, 743x430) Image search: [Google]
sparrow.jpg
144 KB, 743x430
>>29841874
HOLY SHIT CANT BE UNSEEN
>>
File: s4m.jpg (71 KB, 984x438) Image search: [Google]
s4m.jpg
71 KB, 984x438
>>29841866
A quote from brassfetcher, which did a study on Elite Ammunition's S4M round. The S4M also only penetrated 8" of 20% gel, the .45 penetrated 10". 20% gel is military standard so penetration depth will be less than FBI's 10%,.

They aren't professionals but they have a lot of experience shooting in to ballistics gel, so take it for what its worth..

>"As tested, both 5.7x28mm cartridges offer lethality that is on par with or slightly greater than a .45ACP 230gr jacketed hollowpoint. This is accomplished through an intelligent usage of the pitch/yaw cycle inherent to any spin-stabilized projectile – the nose of the 5.7mm bullets travel through the first 2” of ballistic gelatin in a nose-forward orientation, which minimizes drag. For reference, the calibration BBs fired into these blocks are 0.177” commercial airgun BBs that penetrate the first 1.7” of gelatin, impacting at 575 ft/sec. As such, the very impressive amount of kinetic energy lost by most expanding bullets in the first few inches of penetration have little or no effect on the human target and actually decreases the effectiveness of expanding ammunition in incapacitating a target.
Conversely, the FN SS-195 and the Elite Ammunition S4M offer performance quite similar to the tested .45ACP, with considerably lower recoil and ammunition weight, coupled with a significantly higher weapon magazine capacity. We feel that the Elite Ammunition S4M can be seen as a “+P” version of the very effective 27gr 5.7mm FMJ and we have no qualms about recommending this cartridge as a feasible replacement to the more conventional .45ACP handgun, for use against human attackers.
>>
Not OP here. Would it be worth it, /k/? I've got no purchases I need to make for sometime and can start saving now.
>>
>22 magnum for 40 cents a round
>one pistol
>a badly designed pdw
Not feeling it desu famiglia
>>
>>29842003
None of that matters if you can't hit your target, and the high cost per round makes training a lot more expensive than more common rounds like 9x19.
>>
>>29841908
This is art.
>>
>>29841908
>>
>>29841857
how well would an as val (or something based on it) work in 5.7?
it's 9x39 but with a heavier bullet and going a fuck of a lot faster.
combine that with almost 1k rpm and a integral suppressor and I think you have one hell of a gun
>>
>>29842953
>>a badly designed pdw

Wut
>>
>>29843529
What the fuck are you talking about and WHY do all ofnyou fuckers think the VAL and VSS are magic. Youre asking wildly different thinks here.

Comparing a super heavy subsonic to a super light HV round for pdws....just.come on man.
>>
File: 13down.jpg (226 KB, 3200x1680) Image search: [Google]
13down.jpg
226 KB, 3200x1680
>>29841866
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.