[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
500 years ago the idea of ordinary people having handguns let
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: PHASER.gif (1015 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
PHASER.gif
1015 KB, 500x206
500 years ago the idea of ordinary people having handguns let alone assault rifles would have been insane. They'd been seen as literal arms used by the gods.

What type of weapons would ordinary people 500 years from now likely have?
>>
Almost all of mankind's weapons have been based around putting holes in people. I'd like to see a hand held platform based on vaporizing body parts.
>>
>>29840471

500 years is a very long time, lot of stuff can happen to societies and the planet in general in half a millennia

Think of it this way, The United States of America has only really existed as a country for ~240 years.

So we are talking less than half of the time-frame you are suggesting.

I would look at the weapons of that time period, and what was owned by federal forces or in private hands, compare that to what is owned by federal forces today and private hands today and extrapolate for the future.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 683x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 683x310
Weaponized rape is the answer.
>>
>Dragon dildos
>>
File: active-denial-system-chart.jpg (40 KB, 480x355) Image search: [Google]
active-denial-system-chart.jpg
40 KB, 480x355
>>29840471
>4 posts
>no handheld ADS
>>
File: exacto-bullet.jpg (51 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
exacto-bullet.jpg
51 KB, 640x400
>>29840471
Probably something that targets the CNS, but with a lower failure rate than a modern taser.

The thing is as far as incapacitating human beings goes you might not see something as effective as the standard firearm in the next 500yrs, but you might see technologically-enhanced firearms, smartguns, EXACTO, etc.
>>
>>29840471
Human civilization as we know it is probably going to end before then. People will keep using ARs and AKs for centuries, until they completely runt out of ammo and switch to sticks and stones.
>>
All modern weapons would be too lethal and therefore illegal to own at that point. Odds are it would be like that shitty Elysium movie. The average joe would have something equivalent to a modern day assault rifle with a decent optic and maybe some high tech ammo. Meanwhile the military is going to have drones the size of insects that latch on to people and explode, along with railguns, plasma projectors, lasers and deathbots.
>>
>>29840538
I've done that training when I was in the Army. There is no way to get up out of the water to your waist, while your hands are occupied slinging your pants overhead to fill them with air.

the practical way to do it is to put the legs under your arms. Then with the weak hand you hold the waist open underwater. The dominate hand then scoops air and pushes down underwater and releases it below the pants. So that the air fills the pants.
>>
>>29840471
500 years may not seem like much but consider it took around 70 years from the first powered airplane to people walking on the moon.

500 is a long time.
>>
>>29841514
True. Cleopatra lived closer to our time period today, than she did to the time period when the Great Pyramids were built.
>>
>>29840471
>What type of weapons would ordinary people 500 years from now likely have?
An AK-47 carefully maintained over the centuries by a dozen generations of the Kube's faithful priests. Its magazine holds the last handful of rounds Man will ever craft, but your enemies have not but sharpened sticks. You are a god to them.
>>
I'd at least expect a completely silent weapon effective to like 150 meters capable of heating a spot up to the point it completely melts. Like, 10cm area, 0,1s from trigger press to poof you're goo. Through armor, too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.