[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Griptilian and Mini Griptilian considered the gold standard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: img-benchmade-griptilian-02.jpg (19 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
img-benchmade-griptilian-02.jpg
19 KB, 640x350
Are the Griptilian and Mini Griptilian considered the gold standard in EDC knives? Sure you can get more expensive folders or much less expensive folders but do any match the quality?
>>
File: 1461127897944.jpg (388 KB, 596x860) Image search: [Google]
1461127897944.jpg
388 KB, 596x860
>>29829912
I like mine
>>
>>29830108

:3
>>
>>29829912
Very happy with my anon. I'm a lazy nigger so the fact I can send it in to Benchamde and they'll sharpen it again for me is nice.
>>
>>29829912

About, it has a good axis lock, steel lined handle scales and steel that's neither scrap steel nor some crazy space metal. Price has inflated a bit from past years so its not as big a value as it was.
>>
>>29829912

Mine is really well-built and opens like a charm. If you can fit it in your budget, go for it. It's nothing mind-blowing
>>
>>29831033
>nor some crazy space metal
?
>>
>>29831077

aka, some special snowflake premium stainless steel that jacks up the price of the knife for some gains in edge holding ability/toughness that most people wont really need.
>>
I bought an ontario RAT model 1 for $35 that I'm very happy with. Read reviews all around the Web and most everyone praises it.
>>
Spyderco Dragonfly G10 would like a word

Or if we're gonna talk meme locks, Spyderco compression found on the Manix is superior to axis if for no other reason than its spring is utilized in a much more traditional and durable fashion than the shitty piano wires found in axis lock
>>
I like mine. I even bought an identical 551 to replace it when I lost it.

Then I found it in my fishing bag.

Now I have 2. No regrets
>>
>>29831015
>they'll sharpen it
have you done it? i want to but i have never heard of anyone doing it and wondered what kind of experience it was.
>>
>>29829912
They're about 30 to 40 dollars overpriced.
>>
>>29829912
I like the mini but the handle is a little too short for my hands.
>>
>>29829912
>Are the Griptilian and Mini Griptilian considered the gold standard in EDC knives?

pretty close. I prefer the delica/endura for folders, and izula 2 for fixed blades. At least as far as the benchmark goes. When you take price out of the equation, there are, of course, better options.

PM2, and bm940 are highly regarded as well.
>>
>>29831286
Got one of those also. Was on /k/ one day and saw a whole thread suggesting it. Love mine and I think I got it for like $20 on amazon with prime.
>>
>>29831646
I've sent back my 710 (hard use EDC) and my 550, and they've actually replaced blades that they deemed too worn to sharpen properly. It's definitely worth the $5, especially since everything but the scales fall under their lifetime warranty.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.