[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of getting a Glock 29, and was wondering about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Glock_29_SF_10mm_Auto_1933006.jpg (14 KB, 370x241) Image search: [Google]
Glock_29_SF_10mm_Auto_1933006.jpg
14 KB, 370x241
I'm thinking of getting a Glock 29, and was wondering about aftermarket parts

I've often read that Glocks have the widest range of choice regarding aftermarket parts, but what should be replaced? The spring, the barrel, the sights, what else? What brands would you guys reccomend?

Also, I've only ever owned slavshit and never modified them in any way. Can I fit sights and such myself, or do I need to take it to a gunsmith?
>>
>>29820303
>what should be replaced?
Eh, nothing. If you're buying a Glock, it's because you want a simple and relatively cheap firearm. It'll work as is. There's no need to throw money at it otherwise.
>>
>>29820340
That's what I thought at first, but if it can be improved even in small ways, I'm willing to invest a bit of extra money into it.

For the most part I've mostly seen reccomendations to replace the factory sights.
>>
File: IMG_20151024_095437.jpg (489 KB, 1448x1075) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151024_095437.jpg
489 KB, 1448x1075
>>29820303
>>29820340

10mm is kinda a different beast, especially if you want to shoot hardcast lead rounds.

I have a KKM barrel in my G29 to shoot hardcast lead rounds (do not shoot lead rounds out of a factory glock polygonal rifle barrel). I also have a 21 lbs Wolff recoil spring to handle the super hot Underwood 10mm. Finally, trijicon HD night sights are a vast improvement over the stock plastic sights. I don't have a sight tool so I had them installed by my local glock armorer.
>>
File: 1437333752850.jpg (28 KB, 273x282) Image search: [Google]
1437333752850.jpg
28 KB, 273x282
>>29820303
>he's actually considering on a 29
>he unironically says "slavshit"

stop falling for /k/ memes and get good guns for once, holy fuck man.
>>
Is this a carry gun? Sights and mags first.
>>
>>29820303
There are extended levers for breaking it down, then the slide release level can be enlarged too. Raised ironsights too.
>>
>>29820353
>I'm willing to invest a bit of extra money into it
>replace the factory sights
Yeah, well in that case I do replace sights on my Glocks with Trijicons. I did replace my 23 recoil spring, but realistically it did nothing. I do like non-black finishes.
>>
I have one. I have not replaced anything on it.

Popular aftermarket for the 29 seems to be
>non poly barrel
For shooting Hardcast. This is pretty much for huntfags only, and usually more of a glock 20 thing. Nessesary if you want to shoot those yyhuge 200+ grain penetration loads

>recoil spring
Also something for the boutique extra hot loads. Some of the hit high pressure heavy slug loads cause early breach opening which can make velocity bounce around a little. Some people are botherd by this, others say the few fps variation has no practical effect on handgun shooting. Idk who is right.

>all the normal glock shit
Cleaner triggers, after market sights, whatever.

I wouldn't mind some night sights but otherwise I'm not worried about this stuff.
>>
>>29820392
I like my Nugget and SKS though
>>
>>29820303
Really dude just sights, and only that's a personsal preference as I like Green fiber optics. Though if you want pure functionality get radioactive night sights.
>>
>>29820303
If you want to shoot unjacketed lead bullets, you need a barrel with traditional rifling. The polygonal rifling of the Glock barrel is easily leaded, which can cause catastrophic failure if done too much.

Replace the sights with whatever metal sights you prefer. Glock makes metal sights, both night sights and regular white paint style. They are your most affordable option. Trijicon makes nicer night sights, albeit expensive.

That would be all I'd replace. I'd also take a dremel to the trigger safety and very carefully round it out so it sits flush with the rest of the trigger when depressed.
>>
>>29820369
>I also have a 21 lbs Wolff recoil spring to handle the super hot Underwood 10mm.
I tried 20 and 22 lb recoil springs in my Glock 20 for shooting Underwood ammo, but both literally caused jams, so I went back to the stock recoil spring.
>>
>>29820303
Only a new set of sights for intended purpose if you don't like the stock glockenspiel is fine. You'll probably need a brass punch set + hammer, red thread locker, duct tape, and rubbing alcohol to replace the sights.
>>
File: Garmy.jpg (836 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Garmy.jpg
836 KB, 1280x1280
>>29820303
>XS dot sight, trijicon or truglo night sights
>extended mag release
>ghost trigger connector
>Lone Wolf ported barrel
>extended mags if you have larger hands
Sight fitting you can easily do yourself. If I recall correctly XS sighs do come with a front sight removal tool for Glocks.
>>
File: image.jpg (620 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620 KB, 1600x1200
>Sights are first.

Glock 20 barrel / threaded. More fps.

3.5 trigger.

Grip
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.