[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats /k/s opinion on the Lionheart LH9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
>>
>>29812743

Slightly less shitty S&W 59xx
>>
>>29812743
Haven't gotten to try one yet, but I want to. If you're going to get it, wait until their Black Friday sales.
>>
>>29812743

Looks neat. I'm waiting for them to make a full-size version and I'll give it a try.
>>
Really neat but not worth the cost. If it came in glock 19 size, maybe.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x386
>>29812743
Better version in pic.
>>
They are ok. The triple action/DA+/whatever is pretty novel and I can see some people carrying that way. I wish that they'd improve on the design a bit from the DP51. The trigger return spring has the same potential issue as the 92, as in that it could just pop off and make your trigger not return (rare but happens. 92 has an aftermarket fix. This doesn't). The trigger bar can also bind, but only with certain smith mags (like mecgar).

MSRP is high, but what isn't? Street price in generally is a bit higher than most others due to smaller availability (Been getting smaller).

Try one for yourself. If you like it then wait for black friday if you wish to buy. Don't buy the base one, might as well find a cheap DP51 instead (although DP51 prices have been going up steadily)
>>
File: x6N174y.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1125) Image search: [Google]
x6N174y.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1125
>>29812743
>Lionheart LH9
Well, it's cheaper than my legion. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
>pic semi-related.
>>
>>29812935
I carry one in the "DA+". Regular DA is pretty stout so I wouldn't suggest it. You could also do cocked and locked. I'm honestly amazed no one else has tried playing with the concept, it's not revolutionary but nifty.

The black Friday sale is a game changer. Base model for $399 is a steal. I don't like rails on carry guns and the Novak sights are expensive for a minor upgrade/side-grade.
>>
>>29812743
Can someone confirm if the triple action trigger pull on one of these is at all like the HK LEM trigger?
>>
>>29813366
IDK but HK LEM, now that they have the rear mounted decocker, is not the LEM trigger from before the p30. Now it's just a DA/SA trigger without a safety. It used to where the hammer spring was always compressed and you have a long soft trigger pull with a hard SAO type break at the end of the pull. Honestly the first version of the LEM trigger was kind of shit except that you didn't need a safety on the gun. The new version is better IMO.

I would have answered your question directly but IDK.
>>
>>29813412
You sound very, very confused. I have a P30SK with Light LEM and it doesn't have either a safety or a decocker. It's literally the same style of trigger pull as the LEM on my USP, except for the weight of the mainspring and trigger return spring.

Hopefully someone who knows what the fuck he's talking about will reply to >>29813366.
>>
It's goddamn great. I wish Lionheart would make more stuff, maybe get into the CZ clone game.

The fit & finish couldn't be better and the slide feels like glass. Very accurate for me, don't have much to compare it to as I haven't shot a lot of full metal frame guns. The DA+ I don't care for, but it's not like you have to use it. It makes for quick safe holstering after decocking because your thumb is already where its supposed to be (behind the hammer)
>>
>>29813412
>the rear mounted decocker, is not the LEM trigger

You're talking about a DA/SA P30 conversion. You can buy P30s straight from HK with no decocker.
>>
>>29813460
I owned an SK with the LEM trigger:
>long light pull
>hard break at the end
>hammer spring always compressed

I shot an RSO's sk with what he swears is the newer LEM trigger:
>DA/SA trigger pull
>Decocker lever on the back
>no safety
>pic related

At least he kept swearing to me that it was the new version of LEM when I asked him about it. The guys not an idiot and he's got an impressive selection of NFA items that he owns but I've been googling since your rather mean spirited post. Perhaps he was mistaken.
>>
>>29813606
Forgot pic but fuck you anyway.

>>29813602
Thanks, I'm sure you are correct. Sorry for bad info.
>>
>>29813606
Assuming it's possible to convert a DA/SA P30 to LEM, I believe you can either choose to leave in the decocker or remove it (but you'll have a hole in the back of the frame). I've heard people complaining on HKPro about the hole on the back of the frame, so I assume the latter is possible, but they do sell P30's with LEM set up straight from the factory. That said, I don't know why you'd be USING the decocker on an LEM conversion. That's sort of the point of an LEM trigger. It's precocked, and it stays that way.
>>
>>29813220
you waaaaaaayyyyyyy over paid for a copy of a gun with a chevron on the grips

no one is impressed
>>
>>29813717
Is this the new HK shitposting?
>>
>>29812935
>>29813230
For losers like me who shoot IDPA, the DA+ is fantastic. Since you have to decock your gun if you shoot a DA/SA handgun, using the DA+ is permitted since it's technically decocked.

It seems pretty insignificant, but it helps on that first shot an awful lot. I used to compete with a Beretta 92FS, and the difference in speed on the first shot is quite drastic.
>>
>>29813220
You really didn't need to post this cringe shit. How badly you must fiend for attention.
>>
>>29813793
>using the DA+ is permitted since it's technically decocked.
If the DP51/LH9 hammer assembly is designed like the HK LEM, then that's such a crock of shit. Surely the hammer spring is already compressed and the only thing that is "decocked" is the hammer, through the design of a two part hammer assembly.
>>
>>29813220
>Sigfags are actually wear the fact they got ripped off as a badge of honor

I can't tell who the biggest chumps in the gun industry are, AR15 mallninjas or Sigfags.
>>
>>29813829
I don't think you read my post nigga.

Under IDPA rules, you have to decock a DA/SA handgun before running a stage. Because I can push the trigger forward and make it TECHNICALLY decocked, even though I know it's not it gives me a huge advantage over some other competitiors using traditional CZ or Sig handguns.
>>
>>29813366
Not at all like LEM.
>>
>>29812743

5" barrel and 17 round magazine when?
>>
>>29813873
I read your post and understood it. I was commenting on the fairness and logic of the IDPA rules themselves, not your understanding of them, which I don't doubt.
>>
>>29813793
I've actually thought about trying out IDPA and using my LH9. Just glancing at the rules it looks like you could just barely fit in the compact carry pistol division.
>>
>>29813717
>copy of a gun with a chevron
It might have been a bit over priced but you seem to have some ignorance as to what the differences actually are. Allow me to help you with that:
>improved g10 grips
>solid guide rod
>x-ray 3 sights (absolutely perfect btw)
>added checkering and undercut trigger guard
>comes with 3 magazines (unlike normal sig)
>comes with improved case (this ones kind of silly)
>grey nitron finish (subjectively, I like the grey and nitron is like a $300 PVD finish.)

>>29813815
>cringe
>omg cringe cringy meme... MEME.. cringy cringe meme
Go die in a fire.

>>29813866
>ripped off
It's cool that you don't understand or can't afford the difference.
>>
>>29814678
>Sigfag buyers remorse

Must suck being a chump who still believes cost=quality
>>
>>29814678
>>improved g10 grips
>>solid guide rod
>>x-ray 3 sights (absolutely perfect btw)
>>added checkering and undercut trigger guard
>>comes with 3 magazines (unlike normal sig)
>>comes with improved case (this ones kind of silly)
>>grey nitron finish (subjectively, I like the grey and nitron is like a $300 PVD finish.)

You're forgetting the main upgrade, which is a total trigger job from Grayguns, and which is what actually makes up the majority of the cost difference.
>>
>>29814678
Jesus Christ, you posted a gun that's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand and you're just getting all teary-eyed that no ones giving you the positive attention you crave, you pathetic little bitch. I actually like the legion sigs, too.
>>
File: LegionZone.jpg (49 KB, 1024x738) Image search: [Google]
LegionZone.jpg
49 KB, 1024x738
>>29814678
I've always been Sig curious. That damn Legion is making me really want to take the plunge. I don't like the fact that they gave it that name, or the fact that it actually (laser etched?) it on the slide. However it is not as bad as "grip zone". In the end I think I'm gonna have to cave in and get one, but I have resisted thus far.
>>
File: retro.jpg (103 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
retro.jpg
103 KB, 1920x1080
>>29814767
Eh, it could be worse.
>>
>>29814678
>all those small thrown in shit
Other than the finish, I was about to say how sad the justification for that gun is, until >>29814743 mentioned a trigger job, which would make sense.
>>
>>29814813
I don't have the numbers off hand, but when they first came out, someone compared the price difference between a standard Sig with a Grayguns trigger job, versus a Sig Legion, and it was about a wash, price wise. Since the Legion comes with additional bullshit (extra checkering, extra magazine, nicer night sights), it actually comes out to be a pretty good value, although you'd never suspect it, given the amount of trolling on /k/.
>>
>>29814743
Oh yeah, that too lol.
>>
>>29814760
Oh, I see you missed the point. The point was that I always assumed the Lionheart was a much more expensive gun, like one of those $1,500 to $3,000 small shop, tight tolerance "custom" type guns. So that fact that it's cheaper than my production sig was surprising.
>>
>>29814797
>go out of your way to build a retro styled CZ 75 with a short frame
>only half-ass it, and throw a full rail slide on the gun
>stamp "RETRO" on the fucking slide, so everybody knows that you're a hipster

I'm still mad.
>>
>>29812857
>waiting for a full size version

are you retarded? the LH9 is a full size pistol
>>
>>29814909
Well then I misinterpreted your post and I apologize you faggot
>>
>>29814873
>paying extra for the gun you should get standard

sigfags will defend this
>>
>>29814958
It's on the line. It's designed and marketed as the largest in its family, but it's actually pretty similar to the larger end of what other manufacturers call compact.
>>
>>29813931
There are 32 round mags if you want to mess with promag shit.
>>
File: 20160401_184627~2.jpg (2 MB, 2837x3375) Image search: [Google]
20160401_184627~2.jpg
2 MB, 2837x3375
I have one, I like it.
>>
>>29813931
>>29815042
No need. There are 17 and 20 round magazines available for the Smith and Wesson 5900 series that are made by Mec Gar and are fully compatible.
>>
>>29814996
Since the additional parts are literally made by a different company, yes, it makes sense that Sig is going to make you pay for them.
>>
>>29814873
It wouldn't bother me if it weren't for the cost of a Sig to begin with. The legion is a great gun sure but even though I loved the P228 the entry fee is a bit much. I realize that machining a metal frame is part of it eh. Just doesnt bring enough to the table for ME personally. Obviously other people feel differently
>>
My buddy has one that he let me shoot. I thought the hammer down full cock was kind of neat. The hammer comes back pretty effortlessly at the slightest pressure on the trigger so it's ready when you need it.

Neat gun/10
>>
I don't see a compelling reason to get one over an EAA Witness or Canik for the same price.
>>
File: 1390094311026.png (884 KB, 865x807) Image search: [Google]
1390094311026.png
884 KB, 865x807
>>29815280
>literally defending it
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.