[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VP9 at Palmetto for 520$ and free shipping Good deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
VP9 at Palmetto for 520$ and free shipping

Good deal?
>>
Save up for a real HK.
>>
Yeah, it's a good deal. Get one, it's a good gun.
>>
>>29807830
If you want a vp9, sure. Keep in mind vp9 mags are ~$35-$40 a piece
>>
>>29808062
It comes with 2 of them, I figure I'll buy 2 more.
Should be enough for most purposes.
>>
lmao they sell for $1,200 in california on the secondary market
>>
>>29808244
But first, see if you actually like the mag release.
>>
>>29808256
crazy. i picked one up in CA when they were first out and only paid around $700 (after tax, shipping, and DROS).
>>
>>29808279
I tried the gun before buying it.
I like the paddle-thing mag release.

>>29808256
Dafuq, why?
>>
>>29807830
Get a Walther PPQ instead and save yourself $20. Gunbuyer has had them on sale for $500 for some time now, I believe that they have free shipping. The difference is that the PPQ won't shit the bed when thrown against a steel shooting plate. It could save your life.
>>
>>29807830 (OP)
get a ppq m1 and be happy.

>>29808395
this guy gets it. literally threw my ppq at a steel target on Friday but missed :(
>>
>>29808395
>The difference is that the PPQ won't shit the bed when thrown against a steel shooting plate.
Huh. Someone explain.
>>
>>29808926
A stupid jew loving youtuber belittled the master-race VP9 because he treated it like shit, and it broke.
>>
>>29808926
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOu5ZGfgtVk
TL:DW: vp9 paddle might shear off if you throw it at a steel plate multiple times.
>>
>>29808975
Yeah, cuz throwing my polymer gun at steel plates is something I'm planning.

The water thing has gotten me concerned, though, but other vids seem to show the VP9 handles water okay. Don't know what went wrong with MAC's.
>>
>>29809035
Theyre valid tests for military service handguns, but youre probably not carrying it to war so yeah. i imagine the lockup loosens up a bit being thrown at a steel plate, letting water into the striker mechanism but thats just speculation.
>>
>>29809059
It failed the water test with simple submersion. I think it could probably have a misfire in the rain.
>>
>>29809073
yeah your right, i like watching torture tests like these anyway just to get an idea of what could go wrong with a firearm subjected to all kinds of abuse.
>>
OP here. I'll do my own water test when I get it.
>>
>>29808307
They're not on Commiefornia's approved handgun roster so people sell them through transfers for obscene amounts of money.
>>
>>29808307
the only handguns you can buy new from retailers in california have to be on a gay ass state-approved "safe roster" where they have all be "drop tested" among other gay ass shit for safety reasons. manufacturers have to pay for the testing bullshit. and now if handguns dont have microstamping serials in the chambers, they cant be added to the roster. so basically once a gun falls off the roster, its off for good until the gay microstamping law gets overturned
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 630x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 630x441
>>29807830
Just buy pic related. Save $150
>>
>>29809446
not approved for safety in california
>>
>>29809035
i dont plan on dropping my gun either, but shit happens.
>>
>>29809543
Dropping your gun is not equal to throwing it at a fucking steel plate over and over you fucking retard

Reading comprehension A SHIT
>>
Do some research on that gun first, watch Military Arms Channel's video on YouTube
>>
>>29809718
>its impossible to drop a gun 20 feet on to steel.

if you can throw it, you can drop dummy. have fun with your designer brand pistol
>>
>>29809741
>Implying there's anyone on /k/ that hasn't seen it
>>
>>29809741
Spotted the newfag.
>>
>>29809741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc

mac is a fucking retard and so are you
>>
>>29809899
still feels cheap compared to other HK offerings
>>
>>29809918
>still feels cheap compared to other HK offerings

You've never felt one and you're basing that completely on the price tag.
>>
>>29809035
He never cleans his guns, even out of the box. Wears it like a badge of honor, so there's this one theory that comes up is that the HK packaging grease or whatever they use shit the bed when it came into contact with water.

Don't own a VP9 and don't plan to, but MAC can be really retarded sometimes, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>29810087
Do most people actually fully dissassemble their guns and clean/lube them? I've heard hickok say he does this but is it really a thing? I'm picking up my S&W Shield later on today and I might do it because I'm going to put in some stuff in it anyways
>>
>>29809899
Video was misleading, when he supposedly loaded Tulammo for the test around 8:32 he then shows the gun to the camera and it's blatantly full of brass ammo. What's a matter guy, VP9 choke on steel?
>>
>>29809747
Jesus you're dumb
>>
>>29810215
Most people don't, no. But honestly you don't really have to clean your gun regularly unless you shoot corrosive ammo or if you shoot 500+ rounds in a single trip

But I clean mine lightly after every trip so to each his own.
>>
>>29808395
>>29808896
I just got a PPQ M2 Navy edition. Supposedly fires underwater. Have not tested it yet.
>>
>>29810215
I'll often do a detail strip - if it's simple enough to do - when I first buy the gun, just to make sure it's lubed right. So many Sigs come from the factory with heavy grease all over the sear, hammer, trigger bar, and other internals. That grease will inevitably dry out and cake onto these parts, affecting the trigger pull. I much prefer a good gun oil.
>>
File: Lube where.png (336 KB, 837x296) Image search: [Google]
Lube where.png
336 KB, 837x296
>>29810215
For the most part you don't really have to clean guns, though you probably should.
In the long term/after high round counts not cleaning a gun can lead to massive shitbeddery, especially with guns that ship in packaging grease.

Lubrication isn't a must, but you could probably get away with cleaning them less often if you're using lube. Go for slide rails and that top part, whatever it's called

I TI my guns every month, looking for wear or cracks and stuff, but that's because I find it therapeutic, not because I have to.
>>
>>29810424
>So many Sigs come from the factory with heavy grease all over the sear, hammer, trigger bar, and other internals. That grease will inevitably dry out and cake onto these parts, affecting the trigger pull. I much prefer a good gun oil.

I'm glad I bought mine as a trade in. Saying that, I took it apart anyways because it was filled with nasty ass flakes of carbon. Holy hell, I fucking hate reassembling sigs.
>>
>>29810444
There's a trick to getting the trigger bar back in. Once mastered, it can be done instantly.
>>
File: 1447160518392.jpg (17 KB, 250x218) Image search: [Google]
1447160518392.jpg
17 KB, 250x218
>>29810460
I have a german sig and I once completely dissassembled the mainspring assembly. That and getting the trigger bar/ trigger really triggers the fuck out of me.
>>
>>29810381
>M2
why live?
>>
>>29810704
Sig makes a tool to get the old W German mainspring assemblies out more easily. I find that a small socket driver works as well.
>>
>>29812951
What's wrong with the m2
>>
>>29813734
Nothing inherently, but I think a lot of people who got into the PPQ prefer the paddle mag release wish that Walther had given the option on their PPQ "Navy" edition.
>>
>>29812963
Oh, taking it out is easy, a punch and a mallet no problem.

Getting it back in while putting tension on the spring, torture. I'm never taking it out ever again unless I decide to get the upgraded mainspring assembly or better yet, the e2 grips for my manlet ass hands
>>
File: nd42.jpg (12 KB, 600x358) Image search: [Google]
nd42.jpg
12 KB, 600x358
>>29814230
The same tool you use to get it out can be used to get it back in, just as easily. Like I said, I use a small socket driver, and it works perfectly. Sig also makes their own tool that does the same thing. It's called "the Sig tool," and I believe they sell it on their website.
>>
>>29814230
Also, what the fuck are you using a punch an mallet for??? It sounds like you're doing this VERY, VERY wrong. It sounds like you're trying to remove the hammer spring from the hammer strut while the hammer strut assembly is still in the frame?! Or maybe you're trying to remove the hammer spring from the strut assy without releasing tension on the hammer spring? That's just asking for trouble. Remove the hammer strut assy as a unit. There's no need to take the hammer spring out of the strut every time you disassemble the pistol.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.