[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok guys heres the deal, I need a cheep gun. Emphasis on *Need*
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: AKM.jpg (230 KB, 2246x1498) Image search: [Google]
AKM.jpg
230 KB, 2246x1498
Ok guys heres the deal, I need a cheep gun. Emphasis on *Need* my only requirement be that its a rifle, with commonly available ammunition. we are talking 300 price range. Preferably semi automatic, but bolt guns would work to. (its for going out in the wilderness, Idealy I want a AK74, but while I get the gear to build that I need something to serve me in the meantime)
>>
inb4 nugget
>>
>>29806929
Savage Axis in .223.
>>
You're not getting a 74 for 300. Your best option would be an SKS. It'll be around 300-350 if you can find one.

Another good option would be a ruger 10/22.

Stay away from Mosins. I own one. Everyone owns one. But don't get one. Maybe further down the road when you can drop 200 for a Mosin and some ammo, but ideally I wouldn't suggest it. I even started out on a Mosin and I still don't recommend them.
>>
>>29806929
Buy 2 nuggets
>>
>>29807003
Why would you not recoment a Mosen?
Also im aware im not getting a 74 that cheep, im buying a cheep 74 parts kit to assemble. but considering I do not yet have the tooling. im going to need to spend like 200 to get the tools together.
>>
>>29807017
oh and on a related note how come im seeing less of the mosen surplus ammo? are we inbetween waves?
>>
>>29807051
Look just get a WASR for 500. The ammo is easy to find compared to 5.45. You can go to Walmart and buy 40 rounds of Tulammo for 10-11 bucks.

Unless you're planning on shooting long range distances 7.62 is gonna work better for you as far as hunting, plinking, and availability.
>>
>>29807124
Not to mention the availability of cheap surplus magazines and an aftermarket for AKM pattern rifles.

>>29807069
Most of the surplus 7.62x54r was coming out of Ukraine. Shouldn't have to say why it's not coming out anymore after Papa Putin set his eyes on it
>>
>>29806929
Save up an extra 200 and get a wasr or some shit. Don't cheap out on your rifle. If money is scarce, go stand outside of a home depot and look for work. Assuming that you aren't a complete fat body without any skills, someone will pick you up for hard labor and cash money.
>>
>>29807171
Ahh that explains why, its all being used for the war.
Also I was thinking the 74 just because it has lower recoil and the ballistics of the 5.45 are pretty viscious.
>>
>>29807124
Really? All the Walmarts in my area have stopped carrying 7.62. It's really frustrating.
>>
>>29806929
Look around on your local Armslist and pawn shops/Cabela's, maybe you'll get lucky and find a good deal on an SKS, Winchester 94, or a bolt action hunting rifle.

Also, a pump shotgun could still do what you need, assuming you're only expecting to kill something out to 50 yards with a slug
>>
>>29807609
Just get the wasr. It's gonna be cheaper than building a 74.

Because, this is going to sound mean and it is, you're going to end up with a poorly built 74 that will either shake itself to death or blow up in your face. Why do I think that? I don't trust the build quality to be anything above a $500 WASR to a guy who can't spell Mosin, cheap, and vicious. You sound like your underage B&.

you're also not going to find 5.45 locally and will have to order all of it online. The magazines are not cheap. $40 compared to $15 dollar steel 47 magazines.
>>
>>29807646
Mine only carries Tulammo but they still stock it every week. You can only buy 3 boxes at a time, but I bought a 540 rd spam can of Monarch that I haven't shot up yet so I haven't been buying cheap tula lately.
>>
A semi-auto near your budget is a SKS. That's it. You won't find a good 74 for twice that. If you want 5.45 ballistics anywhere near your price range you need an AR. I love 74s but holy shit they have gone up in price.
>>
Look into a single shot if you want centerfire, something like a H&R Handi-Rifle or Rossi.

A Hi-Point carbine will probably be your cheapest autoloading centerfire.

Otherwise, you are looking at rimfire or could consider a shotgun.
>>
>>29807051
Not him, but what made the mosin so praised on here was that you could grab one for less than $100 once upon a time.

Now, unless you spend a lot of effect and patience to find any mosin that surfaces for that price, you're working too hard for an okay rifle.
The people still recommending a $200 mosin are people who have caught up with the meme too late and are now parroting shit that held value a few years ago.
Unless you want it for historical reasons, like old surplus guns, big fan of mosins, etc, there's no reason to not just go for modern entry level bolt gun.
>>
>>29807692
I may have spelling issues, but I am also experienced in metal fabrication, I can build the rifle just fine. I had a job repairing guns for a while, I know what I am doing as far as that goes. and before you say "Repair isent the same as build!" I on atleast 3 occasions derivited and removed Front trunions to replace barrels. I also replaced rear trunions for people who wanted sidefolding stocks or whatever. Aks are easy to build WITH the right tooling. Unlike ARs which are basicly lego guns
>>
>>29808106
Fair enough, but to play devils advocate, most modern bolt guns don't have stripper clip guides.

Admitedly for that price range a mauser is a better choice.
>>
>>29807003
10/22s wouldent defenend me to well from wildlife. Yeah im shure a 22 CAN do it. but id really take anything over it.
>>
File: kel tec sub 2000.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
kel tec sub 2000.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
What about a Kel-Tec sub-2000?It can take glock, s&w, beretta, and sig magazines and can fold to a length of around 16 inches
>>
http://www.gunbuyer.com/p-9089-hi-point-carbine-40-sw-175-barrel-10rd-target-stock-w4x32-scope.aspx
>>
>>29808737
+1 for sub2k
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.